Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

The motorcycle set is such a missed opportunity for some The Winter Soldier content. The bikes are ugly and oversized, but it's not a bad set.

But oh boy, the construction figures are horrifying. I don't even know which one's worse. (I actually do, and it's Wolverine.)

Cap's head print has to be the most cursed piece LEGO has ever made. The chest is awful too. 

Wolverine's hands and claws have to be one of the most awful builds I have ever seen. Absolutely disgusting. His head also looks terrible, and they fit so bad on his shoulders.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Who are these buildable figures for? I mean, when kids are gonna play with them, they're gonna break, kids will have to end up putting it back together, wasting time, the argument can be made that "oh but but ships can too", good point, but, these are supposed to be "action figures" kids are gonna smash them together to replicate fights, and from what ive seen, kids do take pretty good care of ships or locations while playing, also, who wants to pay 30$ for a buildable fig when you could buy a set with multiple figs and a location or ship, this is not for collectors either, a pretty childish looking captain america isnt really displayable, am i missing something here?

Edited by Goofster

Wow, these constraction figures are horrendous. Even the 2012 ones look way better than these. This system just doesn't work for human characters or any characters that show their face. I can't imagine a kid wanting this over a proper action figure from Hasbro. How did this get approved?

On 2/13/2023 at 2:04 AM, LegendaryArticuno said:

There wasn't enough pushback on  buildable figures... and now we suffer.

Quoting myself from back in February... the suffering continues.

There needs to be a collective effort to stop this madness: influencers/reviewers need to neg the sets which objectively should be easy as they are atrociously designed. Secondly people need to stop buying it, these buildable figures are poor value for money.

2 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Quoting myself from back in February... the suffering continues.

There needs to be a collective effort to stop this madness: influencers/reviewers need to neg the sets which objectively should be easy as they are atrociously designed. Secondly people need to stop buying it, these buildable figures are poor value for money.

You putting this on a forum isn't gonna stop some dad buying it to give it to his kid, most parents who just wanna buy something real quick for their kids aren't gonna go an in-depth analysis about the toy they're buying.

11 minutes ago, Goofster said:

You putting this on a forum isn't gonna stop some dad buying it to give it to his kid, most parents who just wanna buy something real quick for their kids aren't gonna go an in-depth analysis about the toy they're buying.

Nowhere did I say it was the forum's responsibility, if I did I would've started quoting all the people praising the Spiderman and Antman buildable figures which there are many.

53 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Nowhere did I say it was the forum's responsibility, if I did I would've started quoting all the people praising the Spiderman and Antman buildable figures which there are many.

And how did my post getting considered "forum's responsibility"? Im talking about you posting this isn't gonna stop people from buying it, youtubers can talk about how bad it is, but the majority of people who're just getting stuff for kids, birthdays, etc aren't gonna look in-depth in it, if it sales, it sales. Sorry if i come off a bit harsh.

i think it (lego buildable figures) could work if they would design more specialized pieces. These ball joints are too weak, construction with regular lego techniques are fragile. One specialized piece for face is too little (and actually doesn't work for most figures and is ugly). I liked ultrabuild figures system much more. I wish we had marvels figures with quality of the star wars ultrabuild figures.

generally it feels like lego is cutting corners in marvel line almost all the time. they could do it right but they cannot execute well their own ideas. like they have been always cutting costs for this line. it's just sad

All of these sets are so mediocre. The buildable figures are just straight-up awful and complete wastes of set slots. Why buy one of these atrocious LEGO figures instead of an actual action figure of the same character? And the Cap/Black Widow bike set is another boring AOU retread. The Black Widow figure somehow manages to look worse and less accurate than the one from 2015.

It's a good thing I'm largely burnt out on Marvel and this Lego theme because the NWH set and CMF line are probably going to be it for me for a while.

The Black Widow figure looks extremely weird to me.

Having the torso print carry on over the legs makes her seem like she's very tall/slender.

Could X Men 97 be the new What If, in the sense of being the only D+ shows to get sets? I'd love to get Lego Mr. Sinister along with other X-Men characters

6 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

:-( 

I remember when the summer sets reveal was a happy time

We knew the June sets would be a a bit of a  bust with only a small set and the buildable figures. The August lineup looks much more promising. Plus we haven't seen the new groot yet which is supposed to come out in June too.

2 hours ago, hvader said:

Could X Men 97 be the new What If, in the sense of being the only D+ shows to get sets? I'd love to get Lego Mr. Sinister along with other X-Men characters

This would be amazing.  All I’m looking for from LEGO/Marvel is x-men sets based off the comics/animated series.  Really hoping the rumored mansion becomes a set.  Obviously I’ll be picking up wolverine, beast, and storm from the CMF line.

I agree the buildable figures aren’t worth getting.  At least include their respective minifigs in the sets…

I have really liked the look of the Spidermen figures, especially Miles, but Wolverine and Cap just look baaaad.

Batman looks pretty cool though, so I think it is a matter of what characters they try and do in this style.

Is Wolverine the first one to have his arms attached at the actual shoulder point and not below though?

Bruh. I’ll be ticked if the WS suit cap is in the 200 shield set.

Is this the worst marvel wave yet?

Captain Marvel has kind of leaked, got confused because I thought I was looking at a game character token :grin:

29 minutes ago, Nylock said:

Bruh. I’ll be ticked if the WS suit cap is in the 200 shield set.

Is this the worst marvel wave yet?

Sadly I can see this being the outcome

7 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

At least Ant-man and venom make sense, even if they are ugly.

1 hour ago, NXS7 said:

Captain Marvel has kind of leaked, got confused because I thought I was looking at a game character token :grin:

Why do female licensed characters have a selection of like, 3 faces?

10 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

Cap looks... weird, but with Wolverine's cowl there had to be a better way, because that might be the ugliest build lego marvel has put out in years. Dude looks like a bull, and it honestly makes him feel like a totally different character, which despite their flaws I can't say about any of the other figures. Welp, for all those who wanted X-men '97 sets... there's your lot I suppose. Y'all got the Quantumania treatment, but at least most of those characters had appeared in other sets.

I'm actually not too disappointed by it. We're still getting three characters in the CMF line and potentially the X-Mansion next year so the show isn't a complete loss like Quantumania was. Hopefully this is just an appetizer.

Latest rumors are indicating X-Men 97 has been pushed back to 2024 anyway and is expected to run for four seasons. Between that and Deadpool 3 coming out there's plenty of time for Lego to capitalize on the X-Men hype, especially if the MCU continues to crash and burn.

2 hours ago, Goofster said:

At least wolverine looks cartoony, cap looks like a LITERAL child.

I knew something was off, that's totally what it is. It looks like a kid in a costume.

2 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

Why do female licensed characters have a selection of like, 3 faces?

You must have missed back when Star-Lord, Bucky, and half the resistance shared a face, or Cap and Hawkeye in the same wave. (And later Han) Lego does this all the time.

That said, I think that one fits the character pretty well. 

43 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I knew something was off, that's totally what it is. It looks like a kid in a costume.

You must have missed back when Star-Lord, Bucky, and half the resistance shared a face, or Cap and Hawkeye in the same wave. (And later Han) Lego does this all the time.

That said, I think that one fits the character pretty well. 

I didn't miss it, it's just that it's really no longer an issue for them. we live in a world were Iron man, captain America, Thor and even Star-lord get new faces every second year. I will admit though, after looking at the alternate expression it does fit far better than I thought.