Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

26 minutes ago, hvader said:

I mean if Lego has the set ready they should just reveal it. If they reveal this in April people would have already moved on from the film…

That only works if they include a pre-order option. "Hey, this is coming, eventually" won't do much since people if people are gonna move on from the film by April, they'll DEFINATELY move on from the set.

I think the film should do well enough that a set for it releasing too late would still sell decently (Due to Kang, pretty much), but we'll see.

1 hour ago, hvader said:

I mean if Lego has the set ready they should just reveal it. If they reveal this in April people would have already moved on from the film…

I think the only way they could make it sell well would be letting people pre-order the set before the movie releases.

Most MCU movies don't stay relevant for long. People will completely forget about it in a month or two, and just bring it up when talking about Kang.

I had a thought, what if LEGO ends up doing a $200 Liberty Battle set (lets say the rumor is true), and then a set based on Raimi Trilogy and one on Garfield trilogy. Collectors get the figs and they could brand it under multiverse saga sets.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think the only way they could make it sell well would be letting people pre-order the set before the movie releases.

Most MCU movies don't stay relevant for long. People will completely forget about it in a month or two, and just bring it up when talking about Kang.

There's some heavy irony in this conversation going on whilst a completely separate NWH sets speculation conversation is also going on

49 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

There's some heavy irony in this conversation going on whilst a completely separate NWH sets speculation conversation is also going on

Difference is people actually like Spider-man

(Not that I disagree with you, at this point I really don't care much about NWH sets and if I do is because I want Doc Ock, but I'd argue Spider-Man movies tend to linger a tad more)

Edited by PGBQW

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Difference is people actually like Spider-man

(Not that I disagree with you, at this point I really don't care much about NWH sets and if I do is because I want Doc Ock, but I'd argue Spider-Man movies tend to linger a tad more)

No I way Antman will be as popular as spiderman

Rivendell is nice but I really dislike how wide the set is, it doesn't use up space efficiently at all.

I hope the Marvel team continues to build tall on any UCS/modular set, nothing bigger than 32x32 baseplate. 

I’m hopeful we will see Ant-man set soon. Primarily interested in having a Kang minifigure for my collection! Unfortunate for Lego that the movie’s date changed.

Regarding No Way Home I’m forever hopeful - Tobey, Andrew, Classic helmet Gobby, Electro and Lizard minifigures are on my want list.

Based on this thread and various Instagram rumours seems classic gobby and lizard may be unlikely. Was hopeful new T-Rex minifigure would lead to a lizard figure but perhaps they aren’t similar enough. Lizard does seem to be the one missed out of merch where they don’t include them all. Hopefully we get some Curt Connors representation soon!

Edited by Lego_ofme

5 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Rivendell is nice but I really dislike how wide the set is, it doesn't use up space efficiently at all.

I hope the Marvel team continues to build tall on any UCS/modular set, nothing bigger than 32x32 baseplate. 

I personally could kill for a similar diorama set in Spider Man or Avengers New York!  With a street, a couple of buildings, the dodgy alley… God it would be a dream!  Size is important but Lego has also thought about storage by dividing the areas into modules.  Not everyone will be able to buy a showcase, but we can take it apart and put it in the drawers :-D

16 minutes ago, Lego_ofme said:

Curt Conners representation soon!

I hope we get the No Way Home version to round out the team, but I'm not a big fan of the design.  My Dream is a big figure version based on the comics

Edited by Legocentrico

44 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I think you meant Kurt Connors :tongue:

I thought this was some deep reference to a celebrity I'd never heard of, but after looking across my room and realising my mistake, I appreciate this joke :laugh:

Honestly I'd be pretty happy if the Quantumania build is Giant-Man and Kang's Time Chair with minifigures of Wasp, Cassie, and Kang. I think we're overdue for an update Giant-Man anyway, although he could come in an Infinity Saga set too.

Two minifigures from the Advent Calendar leaked — Spider-Man and Black Widow, both in Christmas sweaters.

At least the GotG Calendar was great. Guess we're back to generic Marvel stuff. But, to be fair, there's not much else they could do.

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Two minifigures from the Advent Calendar leaked — Spider-Man and Black Widow, both in Christmas sweaters.

At least the GotG Calendar was great. Guess we're back to generic Marvel stuff. But, to be fair, there's not much else they could do.

Meh, I'll guess I'll take it. I hope we will get a christmas sweater for every member of the original Avengers (as time goes by), we now have 2. I can imagine them doing captain America with his shield in the sweater, but the star replaced with a christmas tree star topper or a snowflake. Right now I mostly wonder who the repeat characters will be, hopefully some money savers.

How come we're getting leaks for the advent calendar but not Quantumania?

Oh, well, at least I do like Spidey's sweater. Could be used as merchandise for your custom minifigures!

Edited by PGBQW

@Clone OPatra

Small few updates:

• 30653 is a Batman polybag
  • Piece count/pricing re-added for Ant-Man set
  • Listed Spider-man remarks from Promobricks
  • Listed X-Men Mansion prototype
  • Listed some figures for the Advent Calendar
  • Layout improvements
  • Listed rumour on new Infinity Saga sets

Updated list:

Spoiler

MARCH 2023 (Total 3)

• 10789: Spider-man's Car and Doc Ock
  • 10790: Team Spidey at Green Goblin's Lighthouse
  • 10791: Team Spidey's Mobile Headquarters

APRIL 2023 (Total 4):

May 2023 (Total 2):

JUNE 2023 (Total 4):

AUGUST 2023 (Total 8):

SEPTEMBER 2023 (Total 1 & CMF Series)

UNKNOWN 2023 (Total 5):

Rumored/Other sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets "At least one" potentially teased by Promobricks in a Q&A. Probably 2HY if it/they happen
  • X-Men Mansion, prototype leaked during a survey by Lego. Maybe a 2024 release
  • More Infinity Saga sets. Seems innevitable given Lego are labelling almost everything with this :p

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • 30653 is a Batman polybag
  • 76221 is Batmobile Flash Tracking, $44.99, releasing May 1st
  • 76257, 76258, 76259 have same box size, may be related wave?
  • Sets seem to be getting created with overlapping set numbers, please be aware fan made set titles may be reported by some sites as being official titles for these new sets

Edited by Scarilian

14 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I hope we get the No Way Home version to round out the team, but I'm not a big fan of the design.  My Dream is a big figure version based on the comics

My ideal would be classic lab coat, purple trousers Connors but I will take any new Spider-Man villains I can get and it’s would nice to round out all the No Way Home villains. 

I like the new Spider-Man Christmas jumper but was hoping for something a bit more exciting for 2023 advent calendar. I think unfortunately it might be another skippable one for me.

Just saw the X-Mansion on Twitter.

I don't get the criticism. Of course, it's not a modular building. So what? :classic: It's definitely not just the front wall, you can see some stuff inside. Kind of reminds me of the Hidden Side castle, only larger—a courtyard, front walls, some depth to the rooms, probably no back walls. And I really enjoyed that set.

Then again, it may look very different as the final version. Anyway, I might actually consider getting this—my first Marvel set in quite some time.

Edited by Dreamweb

9 ore fa, Lego_ofme ha detto:

Il mio ideale sarebbe il classico camice da laboratorio, pantaloni viola Connors, ma prenderò tutti i nuovi cattivi di Spider-Man che posso ottenere ed è bello completare tutti i cattivi di No Way Home.

With the lab coat and more reptilian head, there are some mocs around and they prove that it would be great!  I'm sure the time for the Lizard will come sooner or later, but Lego now has this problem with big figures and I don't know what we could expect…

36 minuti fa, Dreamweb ha detto:

Ho appena visto la X-Mansion su Twitter.

Non capisco le critiche. Naturalmente, non è un edificio modulare. E allora?:classico: Sicuramente non è solo il muro anteriore, si può vedere alcune cose all'interno. Mi ricorda il castello Hidden Side, solo più grande: un cortile, pareti anteriori, una certa profondità per le camere, probabilmente senza pareti posteriori. E mi è piaciuto molto quel set.

Poi di nuovo, potrebbe sembrare molto diverso come la versione finale. Comunque, potrei effettivamente prendere in considerazione l'idea di ottenere questo, il mio primo set Marvel in un bel po' di tempo.

The problem isn't modular, the problem is that it looks like it was designed 10 years ago.  There is only the facade, there is no depth, we do not see the interiors but Cerebro and the Danger Room are certainly missing.  The subject matter and especially the minifigure selection is exciting, I hope the project hits the shops, but I wish it was much more complex than it appears (and it probably will be).  Surely though, if they send THAT picture to the polls, people's reaction I fear will be cold

Crazy to think that we’ve seen two minifigs from this year’s AC while we still don’t have the faintest clue what’s coming in the 2HY :laugh_hard:

Pretty exciting, actually! If more 2HY minifigs leak, we could try to reverse-engineer what sets they might be included in  :excited: That said, the list will likely end up being revealed before the next batch of leaked minifigs surface

however, last year Promobricks started February 9 with summer set descriptions!  It was a wednesday, today is thursday :-D we are already behind schedule!!!  :-D unfortunately they had started with SW, and Marvel had arrived last at the end of the month, but maybe this year they will reverse the program :-P

Edited by Legocentrico

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

The problem isn't modular, the problem is that it looks like it was designed 10 years ago

One rumour says that it actually was. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

we do not see the interiors but Cerebro and the Danger Room are certainly missing

If built to scale, the Cerebro all by itself would be a pretty huge set... That's why I understand limiting the mansion only to the living part of the building...

Edited by Dreamweb

13 minuti fa, Dreamweb ha detto:

Una voce dice che in realtà lo era.:ride:

Se costruito su larga scala, il Cerebro di per sé sarebbe un set piuttosto enorme... Ecco perché capisco limitare la villa solo alla parte vivente dell'edificio...

if the drawing is old i'm happy.  I wonder why include it in that survey, especially together with much more current and attractive designs... as far as the rooms are concerned, I understand your speech on the measurements, but I was referring rather to the lack of an underground floor, where in theory these rooms should be.  I trust Lego's ability to synthesize and I know they could fit rooms even with little space.  but without the basement, the classes and the kitchen remain?  it's the home of the x-men, if you take away some features it becomes a normal boring school, and in my opinion it wouldn't make sense