El Garfio

2023 Friends Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

Friends is on the Jan-Feb LEGO Life magazine. Nothing much in it, a lame comic and a poster of the International School.

Edited by Maple

1 hour ago, Maple said:

Friends is on the Jan-Feb LEGO Life magazine. Nothing much in it, a lame comic and a poster of the International School.

Could you post a picture of the comic, I’d like to see it

edit: never mind, found it myself, the characters look sooo weird

Edited by Lemerbrix

The clock in Nova's bedroom says 09:08 

That's pretty early in the day to drop around to a friend's place for gaming. Did Zac sleep over in that room with 1 bed?

4 hours ago, Killian said:

That's pretty early in the day to drop around to a friend's place for gaming. Did Zac sleep over in that room with 1 bed?

In countries that use 12-hour time, that could also mean 9:08 in the evening, which seems a lot more plausible (especially since a lot of gamers I know tend to be "night owls" rather than early risers).

Not 2023 Friends related, but don't know where else to share it. I just drew myself as a minidoll using Niko and Zac as reference :iamded_lol::roflmao: Ignore the shine on the photograph

00000 photo_2023-01-08_22-50-36

I'm thinking of using the image as something of an avatar if I decide to do reviews of the new Friends sets or Rainbow/Shadow High toys etc.

Though I only have Leo's Room and The Mobile Bubble Tea Shop so far. I need to make more purchases

6 hours ago, Killian said:

Nah he slept on the floor

1 hour ago, Killian said:

--    Just found an Instagram about limb difference awareness that shared a post about Mia's Daughter Autumn from the 2023 Friends reboot.   --

https://www.instagram.com/lucky_fin_project/

The video is very wholesome, made me smile

nice new profile pic btw

On 1/8/2023 at 6:06 PM, Killian said:

Not 2023 Friends related, but don't know where else to share it. I just drew myself as a minidoll using Niko and Zac as reference :iamded_lol::roflmao: Ignore the shine on the photograph

I'm thinking of using the image as something of an avatar if I decide to do reviews of the new Friends sets or Rainbow/Shadow High toys etc.

Though I only have Leo's Room and The Mobile Bubble Tea Shop so far. I need to make more purchases

That's fantastic! I have tried drawing characters in the mini-doll style but haven't come anywhere near this close to mastering it. Admittedly, it's been a long time since I did ANY sort of drawing, since the end of my time in college a few years ago left me with lingering creative burnout. Maybe this is the year I should try to get back in the habit of drawing for my own enjoyment…

Does anyone know where to get a spare sticker sheet for autumns house, I really want to make her a room set

also, my vacation beach house to Leo’s house conversion is going great

On 1/10/2023 at 7:07 PM, Aanchir said:

Maybe this is the year I should try to get back in the habit of drawing for my own enjoyment…

Totally do it! Just like Lego, drawing is a great way to be creative; and creativity is a great source of enjoyment! There's always something satisfying about having made something with your own hands.

22 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Does anyone know where to get a spare sticker sheet for autumns house, I really want to make her a room set

also, my vacation beach house to Leo’s house conversion is going great

I expect you'll be able to buy a sticker sheet on Bricklink eventually once the set has been out for a while. I think Lego will eventually do room sets for Autumn and Paisley once their houses retire.

We need pics of your Leo's house MOC

I think Lego will eventually do room sets for Autumn and Paisley once their houses retire.

Yeah since currently it's 4 room sets with 2 figs each, wouldn't surprise me to see the 4 other rooms later, instead of releasing 8 rooms at once.

2018 had 5 bedroom sets but of course the team was just 5 characters, but those sets were also much smaller, even the Deluxe versions.

Regardless, will be a while before we see each Friend get their own house, even if they release 2 at once going the 4+ route.

Especially since it'll take a while for those houses, would love to see other Room sets appear after the other 4 Bedroom sets, like a kitchen/living room combination (which I'd rather see instead of Cubes or Heart Boxes tbh)

Edited by TeriXeri

39 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Yeah since currently it's 4 room sets with 2 figs each, wouldn't surprise me to see the 4 other rooms later, instead of releasing 8 rooms at once.

2018 had 5 bedroom sets but of course the team was just 5 characters, but those sets were also much smaller, even the Deluxe versions.

Regardless, will be a while before we see each Friend get their own house, even if they release 2 at once going the 4+ route.

Especially since it'll take a while for those houses, would love to see other Room sets appear after the other 4 Bedroom sets, like a kitchen/living room combination (which I'd rather see instead of Cubes or Heart Boxes tbh)

Yeah, I expect four more bedroom sets might come in the future (either in the second half of this year or possibly next year). If we're really lucky, they might feature alternate "pairings" of the room owners with their friends to help show off different aspects of their characterization (so for instance, while Zac also comes in Nova's room, Zac's room might feature a different character like Leo or Liann to showcase different hobbies or character traits). After all, one fun aspect of having so many "Friends" and their personalities being so well-rounded is that they can relate to each other in different ways.

11 hours ago, Killian said:

I expect you'll be able to buy a sticker sheet on Bricklink eventually once the set has been out for a while. I think Lego will eventually do room sets for Autumn and Paisley once their houses retire.

We need pics of your Leo's house MOC

Well my moc is not finished yet, but I’ll share pictures once complete 🤩

I do think that we could se autumn and paisley’s rooms sooner, though, for example, Mia’s room in 2018 retired as soon as Mia’s house got released, I kinda doubt Lego would play the long game with the other 4 rooms

7 hours ago, Atrius Kain said:

Bought my first ever Friends set and not gonna lie...I want more :laugh: I don't think I would have ever touched them if they didn't do this reboot, the new boxart and designs look great.

Cool! What set did you get?

i bought the dog rescue bike today, very charming set for $10, now to buy the mobile bubble tea shop to complete the $10 sets

Attention everyone, I finished my Leo’s house MOD, but the images were too big for eurobricks, so I have posted them to my YouTube channel

Video:

I have these 4 2023 Friends sets so far.. Only about 19 to go :blush:

photo_2023-01-13_23-55-15

I really ought to build them 

Nice! I only have Leo’s room, nova’s room, dog rescue bike, hair salon, donut shop, and autumn’s house, so 6 down, 17 to go

19 hours ago, Atrius Kain said:

Mobile bubble tea shop is the set I got. :sweet:

Cool! It looks very cool

I actually have a headcanon that Victoria and Peter are lianns younger siblings

Edited by Lemerbrix

1609823703_FriendsHeadscopy-3.jpg.8b5636ccf6cd90d44d1c448571949a38.jpg

Was curious at the spread of skin tones in the new wave. Main 8 characters on top, and everyone else below. Great that the diversity is getting better, but still very skewed to the lighter skin tones. Interested to see if this changes in the summer wave.

On a different note - minidolls have always been more unstable than minifigs, but has anyone noticed that the new leg pieces for Paisley and especially Nova's make those minidolls especially wobbly? Nova can barely stay upright without studs

13 minutes ago, PotterBlocks said:

Was curious at the spread of skin tones in the new wave. Main 8 characters on top, and everyone else below. Great that the diversity is getting better, but still very skewed to the lighter skin tones. Interested to see if this changes in the summer wave.

On a different note - minidolls have always been more unstable than minifigs, but has anyone noticed that the new leg pieces for Paisley and especially Nova's make those minidolls especially wobbly? Nova can barely stay upright without studs

Cool chart, I got to say though, that with the sets I’ve collected, the only non main character with white skin color is Mia

in terms of balancing minidolls, I’m having a lot of trouble getting autumn to stand up, I’m guessing because of her limb difference, but idk

6 hours ago, PotterBlocks said:

This is exactly why I wish everyone was yellow.

2 hours ago, Maple said:

This is exactly why I wish everyone was yellow.

That wouldn't be a solution, it'd just be avoiding the problem. All the progress that's been made in terms of diverse skin tones has helped more people be able to see people like themselves represented in Lego, even if there's still room to improve.

On 12/13/2022 at 10:41 PM, Killian said:

Forgot to mention, in the lounge of Autumn's house (set 41730) there's a picture of Stephanie at graduation with Mia. 

Just found out from a comment on a YT video that Stephanie and Mia are cousins! Apparently there was an official sticker book that said so? I don't know if it's been detailed in any other media?

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

That wouldn't be a solution, it'd just be avoiding the problem. All the progress that's been made in terms of diverse skin tones has helped more people be able to see people like themselves represented in Lego, even if there's still room to improve.

I prefer the yellow minifigs purely because there's so many different facial expressions in yellow that aren't well represented in flesh tone minifigures. Most flesh toned minifigs are lucky if they even have 2 expressions, whereas Hidden Side and Ninjago gave us at least 4 for most recurring characters. It's so useful for my minifigure horror/action/adventure photo comic I've been sporadically updating for the last year or so.

21 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Attention everyone, I finished my Leo’s house MOD, but the images were too big for eurobricks, so I have posted them to my YouTube channel

I actually have a headcanon that Victoria and Peter are lianns younger siblings

Great build! I got to be the first to like it :purrr:

I'm also assuming that Peter and Victoria are Liann's siblings. I wonder if there's any connection to Dr Marlon? Though I think his skin tone is a little darker?

Just found out from a comment on a YT video that Stephanie and Mia are cousins! Apparently there was an official sticker book that said so? I don't know if it's been detailed in any other media?

I prefer the yellow minifigs purely because there's so many different facial expressions in yellow that aren't well represented in flesh tone minifigures. Most flesh toned minifigs are lucky if they even have 2 expressions, whereas Hidden Side and Ninjago gave us at least 4 for most recurring characters. It's so useful for my minifigure horror/action/adventure photo comic I've been sporadically updating for the last year or so.

Great build! I got to be the first to like it :purrr:

I'm also assuming that Peter and Victoria are Liann's siblings. I wonder if there's any connection to Dr Marlon? Though I think his skin tone is a little darker?

Was the sticker book from the 2012-2017 era, or the 2018-2022 era, as the 2018-2022 era of Lego friends is canon to the reboot

i like both flesh skin color and yellow skin color, for example, vitiligo would be hard to do with yellow minifigs, whereas flesh skin colors don’t have that problem (example, table football, jordin, that character from Minecraft set 21244)

thanks for the like! Appreciate it

i Doubt dr marlon is lianns dad, funny how the question went from “who is autumn’s dad and paisley’s mom” to “who are the other friends parents”

fun detail I noticed in Leo’s room (that I kept in my moc): Leo has a bunk bed, so his younger sister alba (from organic grocery store) has somewhere to sleep.

12 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Was the sticker book from the 2012-2017 era, or the 2018-2022 era, as the 2018-2022 era of Lego friends is canon to the reboot

Not sure. I just thought that it might explain why only Stephanie is pictured with Mia in Autumn's House, like an Easter egg call back to earlier lore?

I did a thing!

Here's my attempt at a review of the Lego Friends 2023 Dog Rescue Bike Set 41738. I'm in no way a video editor and I'm not comfortable speaking to a camera, so it's pretty basic, but I plan to do an AFOL review for AFOLS  for most of the 2023 Lego Friends sets.

41 minutes ago, Killian said:

Not sure. I just thought that it might explain why only Stephanie is pictured with Mia in Autumn's House, like an Easter egg call back to earlier lore?

I did a thing!

Here's my attempt at a review of the Lego Friends 2023 Dog Rescue Bike Set 41738. I'm in no way a video editor and I'm not comfortable speaking to a camera, so it's pretty basic, but I plan to do an AFOL review for AFOLS  for most of the 2023 Lego Friends sets.

Nice! I subbed (ironically I found your channel on elietvs YouTube)

im going to try to track down the sticker book