El Garfio

2023 Friends Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

20 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

when the u.k does get the new characters in the magazine, what will the og 5 say?

”not seeing you next time (expect for Mia)”?

Maybe? 🤔

Though Lego has plans to also include Stephanie somehow, possibly in the ocean themed summer sets since she was last seen sailing around the world.

Today's weird Lego Friends overthinking observation is concerning the Minifigure Whip Utensil part # 88704   :

in set 41754 Olly is behind the camera directing Leo on what to do on a cooking livestream or vlog. Right behind Leo is Churro's cat toy using a whip piece and a fish.

In set 41742 Olly is bringing Gertrude to stay at Naomi's Cat Hotel where he is having Naomi look after his cat. Olly has a cat toy made from the whip piece and a fish piece.

Two sets where the Caucasian guy has a person of colour performing a service for him... And Lego didn't think about the historical and cultural trauma  trigger potential of including a whip being wielded by the white guy in one set, and a whip being set up where it can easily hit the POC in the other set. 😬

Now I'm thinking about it, I can't un-see it.

Lego did so much research into diversity, equality and inclusion for 2023 Lego Friends, yet they stuck whips in sets where people of colour are working under the direction of a Caucasian dude.

I know they didn't do it on purpose; and Lego designers in Billund, Denmark wouldn't have the same amount of cultural history to be aware of as other countries since they abolished slavery earlier than places like the British Empire and quite a lot earlier than the USA ... But it seems like a potentially controversial choice to include that particular part. 

I know I'm probably the only person overthinking this and leaping to all the bizarre conclusions, but after set 60278 got cancelled for being controversial, I hope Lego don't get complaints and have to withdraw sets 41742 and 41754 when I'm sure Lego didn't intend any offence. I mean Brick Clicker just dropped a video showing that many if not all of the January 2023 Lego Friends sets are retiring this year anyway, and set 41754 isn't selling as well as the other bedroom sets, so it may not be available for too much longer anyway.

12 minutes ago, Killian said:

Maybe? 🤔

Though Lego has plans to also include Stephanie somehow, possibly in the ocean themed summer sets since she was last seen sailing around the world.

Today's weird Lego Friends overthinking observation is concerning the Minifigure Whip Utensil part # 88704   :

in set 41754 Olly is behind the camera directing Leo on what to do on a cooking livestream or vlog. Right behind Leo is Churro's cat toy using a whip piece and a fish.

In set 41742 Olly is bringing Gertrude to stay at Naomi's Cat Hotel where he is having Naomi look after his cat. Olly has a cat toy made from the whip piece and a fish piece.

Two sets where the Caucasian guy has a person of colour performing a service for him... And Lego didn't think about the historical and cultural trauma  trigger potential of including a whip being wielded by the white guy in one set, and a whip being set up where it can easily hit the POC in the other set. 😬

Now I'm thinking about it, I can't un-see it.

Lego did so much research into diversity, equality and inclusion for 2023 Lego Friends, yet they stuck whips in sets where people of colour are working under the direction of a Caucasian dude.

I know they didn't do it on purpose; and Lego designers in Billund, Denmark wouldn't have the same amount of cultural history to be aware of as other countries since they abolished slavery earlier than places like the British Empire and quite a lot earlier than the USA ... But it seems like a potentially controversial choice to include that particular part. 

I know I'm probably the only person overthinking this and leaping to all the bizarre conclusions, but after set 60278 got cancelled for being controversial, I hope Lego don't get complaints and have to withdraw sets 41742 and 41754 when I'm sure Lego didn't intend any offence. I mean Brick Clicker just dropped a video showing that many if not all of the January 2023 Lego Friends sets are retiring this year anyway, and set 41754 isn't selling as well as the other bedroom sets, so it may not be available for too much longer anyway.

I think you're thinking too much into this conspiracy

-the guy who believes Issac is Marcels reincarnation

Edit: according to brick clicker, we're getting a botanical garden set for the summer wave

Edited by Lemerbrix

2 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Edit: according to brick clicker, we're getting a botanical garden set for the summer wave

Sounds nice, hope they use those new fern pieces, and maybe some bush and palm leaves too.

Lime green palm leaf was only in 4 sets, and bush only in 1 set, both Friends exclusive from 2020.

250x250p.jpg?1661203136.9312344250x250p.jpg?1658645811.3831956

So far LEGO seems really doing autumn colored plant pieces in various sets (City, A-Frame, Friends Design Store set,  Icons Dried Flowers), but some more summery colors like Lime for Friends can be nice, as Lime probably will show up less via Icons or Christmas type sets. (10313: Wildflower Bouquet has some but mainly pieces that aren't really visible inside the build)

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, Killian said:

I think in this case, context matters. In both scenarios it's made pretty clear it's a cat toy, Naomi's even using it on the back of the box to play with a cat, I even assumed it was her toy since the one in Olly's room is a different color. I would also argue that Leo isn't actually performing a service for Olly, I think it's just something they're working on together.

12 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Sounds nice, hope they use those new fern pieces, and maybe some bush and palm leaves too.

Lime green palm leaf was only in 4 sets, and bush only in 1 set, both Friends exclusive from 2020.

250x250p.jpg?1661203136.9312344250x250p.jpg?1658645811.3831956

So far LEGO seems really doing autumn colored plant pieces in various sets (City, A-Frame, Friends Design Store set,  Icons Dried Flowers), but some more summery colors like Lime for Friends can be nice, as Lime probably will show up less via Icons or Christmas type sets. (10313: Wildflower Bouquet has some but mainly pieces that aren't really visible inside the build)

Yeah, we need more colors of vegetation, I want more colorful options in this set 

3 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Yeah, we need more colors of vegetation, I want more colorful options in this set 

Looks like the Lime Palm leaf came back in that Ideas BTS set, maybe it's not as strange to see them in Friends again then.

4 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Looks like the Lime Palm leaf came back in that Ideas BTS set, maybe it's not as strange to see them in Friends again then.

Could happen

Edit: I found this video of autumn, she said parents (plural), so this means that autumn might not be raised by only Mia...

Edited by Lemerbrix

I decided to do @Killian a favor and post today’s friends conspiracy

in paisley’s house, there is a bottle in the garbage can, this might imply that paisley’s father is addicted to… “juice”

CD414329-C928-4A08-878F-231091F207FB.jpeg

way to go on the representation for kids with “juice” addicts, Lego 

Edited by Lemerbrix

13 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

I decided to do @Killian a favor and post today’s friends conspiracy

in paisley’s house, there is a bottle in the garbage can, this might imply that paisley’s father is addicted to… “juice”

CD414329-C928-4A08-878F-231091F207FB.jpeg

way to go on the representation for kids with “juice” addicts, Lego 

He's Irish, so he's likely to be a heavy drinker. It's a massive part of the culture there, at least as much as if not more than here in England.

Plus he's lonely now his wife (Who I think was Livi until I hear different) is dead, so he's gotta cope somehow.

35 minutes ago, Killian said:

He's Irish, so he's likely to be a heavy drinker. It's a massive part of the culture there, at least as much as if not more than here in England.

Plus he's lonely now his wife (Who I think was Livi until I hear different) is dead, so he's gotta cope somehow.

Yeah, thanks for the extra info

So I finally read this month's comic.

Did we know Henry was hearing impaired?

!                                                                                                                                                                                     s-l500

Chico gets laid this issue

!                                                                                                                                                                                       s-l500

leading to Chico and Gaia having kittens. Also, for anyone who needed further confirmation, Trevor and Joshua are canonically Maya's parents.

!                                                                                                                                                                                      s-l500

39 minutes ago, Killian said:

So I finally read this month's comic.

Did we know Henry was hearing impaired?

!                                                                                                                                                                                     s-l500

Chico gets laid this issue

!                                                                                                                                                                                       s-l500

leading to Chico and Gaia having kittens. Also, for anyone who needed further confirmation, Trevor and Joshua are canonically Maya's parents.

!                                                                                                                                                                                      s-l500

Now we have no excuse not to get a minidoll with a hearing aid

Anyway, I like the conformation that Maya has 2 dad's

I'm pretty sure Emma is so proud of Chico recreating the titanic, but with cats

15 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

I'm pretty sure Emma is so proud of Chico recreating the titanic, but with cats

I'm pretty sure that with the Friend's theme's focus on Veterinary care, that Mia is probably mad at Emma for not getting her cat neutered 🤣😅

And I just realised, looking at the way the outfits are drawn in the comic panel, that Joshua is probably one of those super exaggerated masculine gays and Trevor is a more flamboyant type. I guess Lego are doing a kind of opposites attract thing 

2 hours ago, Killian said:

I'm pretty sure that with the Friend's theme's focus on Veterinary care, that Mia is probably mad at Emma for not getting her cat neutered 🤣😅

And I just realised, looking at the way the outfits are drawn in the comic panel, that Joshua is probably one of those super exaggerated masculine gays and Trevor is a more flamboyant type. I guess Lego are doing a kind of opposites attract thing 

Good points

On 2/10/2023 at 4:03 PM, Lemerbrix said:

Does anyone here have someone lego friends headcanons

Here's some of mine

Naomi (cat hotel) is Trans 

Autumn's Father is river

Aliya is from turkey, but moved to HLC 1 year before the series

Nova is Stephanie and Kenny's daughter

Nadia (hair salon) was a fan of livi

Charli is Evelyn's child

Liann has ADHD (kinda stole from ellieV)

Sounds stupid, but Issac is Marcel's reincarnation

My weird insane crackpot headcanons based on sets/press releases/stuff from the show/YT reviews that I'm overthinking and reading way too much into that will never be in the official canon...

Olivia's dad Lucas secretly fathered Amelia, that's why she looks like Olivia. Maybe Laura knows and that's why they divorced.

Emma's in a Psychiatric Hospital after going on a cheese stealing rampage.

Mia got stung by a rare breed of Scorpion in Africa and had an experimental treatment that made her freckles disappear.

Olly is a slave owner but disguises his whips as cat toys and pretends he's from a working class family so nobody knows.

Marcel is a secret Supernatural Investigator obsessed with finding the portal to Elvendale. Isaac is one of his fake identities he uses to hide the fact that  he's hunting monsters, and he's a master of disguise who also pretends to be the Janitor at The International School to see if any of the kids mention anything mysterious. His Organic businesses are a front to fund his investigations and a way to discover if anyone's bringing magical fruit from Elvendale into the human world. That's why he keeps odd hours. He also suspects Jordin practices magic and he keeps trying to get that green broom she uses to fly when Jordin's not looking. That's why his delivery van looks so weird, it's his secret mission vehicle.

Jonathan is an Alcoholic so Paisley goes to Alateen Meetings at the Community Centre.

Livi is either Paisley's recording artist mother who died, or Livi's career as a pop star failed and she went back to her secret original name of Nadia and opened a Hair Salon which is a front for selling the entheogenic plants she grows in the greenhouse roof section of the Salon because Trevor gets all the Hairdressing work.

Principal Hale and Dr Marlon are totally dating, but she doesn't know about the crowbar in his Dog rescue Van that he uses in his secret work as part of the Fur trade. 

Liann is a Furry. That's why she draws people as anthropomorphic animals. The Racoon she draws lounging seductively in the School set is her Fursona.

Adi (Adidi) and Matilde are dating.

The Friends are an Outlaw Electric Scooter Gang.

Gabriela is Mia's wife.

Nova is a serial killer who collects skulls as trophies. She loves to assist Dr Marlon with his animal euthanizing. She has an extra cell phone to communicate with him that she hides under her bed.

Heartlake City has a huge feral dog problem.

Naomi is a crazy cat lady.

The weird looking hamster in the School is a magical creature from Elvendale and Marcel/Isaac is on to him.

Fiona is our Down's Syndrome representation.

Liann is our ADHD representation.

Victoria and Peter have creepy twin powers and Marcel/Issac wants to study them. That's why Aliya takes Victoria with her to psychically track lost dogs.

Liann is the new Pranksy and Isabella is trying to catch her.

Charli is our Trans/Non-Binary representation. Charli was an X-Games champion who opened a Skate-Thru Diner at the Skate Park. Charli may also have once been Evelyn.

Zac is allergic to pets.

Principal Hale moved to Heartlake from Elvendale and became human, but retains enough magic to see the emoji pop ups we see on screen when the Friends characters are thinking/having emotions and that's why she's a good Principal, using her insight to guide her students in fulfilling ways. She can control the Bees at the school so they don't sting everyone. She'll probably use the bees to take down Dr Marlon and Nova when she finds out what they're up to.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😅😅😅

43 minutes ago, Killian said:

My weird insane crackpot headcanons based on sets/press releases/stuff from the show/YT reviews that I'm overthinking and reading way too much into that will never be in the official canon...

Olivia's dad Lucas secretly fathered Amelia, that's why she looks like Olivia. Maybe Laura knows and that's why they divorced.

Emma's in a Psychiatric Hospital after going on a cheese stealing rampage.

Mia got stung by a rare breed of Scorpion in Africa and had an experimental treatment that made her freckles disappear.

Olly is a slave owner but disguises his whips as cat toys and pretends he's from a working class family so nobody knows.

Marcel is a secret Supernatural Investigator obsessed with finding the portal to Elvendale. Isaac is one of his fake identities he uses to hide the fact that  he's hunting monsters, and he's a master of disguise who also pretends to be the Janitor at The International School to see if any of the kids mention anything mysterious. His Organic businesses are a front to fund his investigations and a way to discover if anyone's bringing magical fruit from Elvendale into the human world. That's why he keeps odd hours. He also suspects Jordin practices magic and he keeps trying to get that green broom she uses to fly when Jordin's not looking. That's why his delivery van looks so weird, it's his secret mission vehicle.

Jonathan is an Alcoholic so Paisley goes to Alateen Meetings at the Community Centre.

Livi is either Paisley's recording artist mother who died, or Livi's career as a pop star failed and she went back to her secret original name of Nadia and opened a Hair Salon which is a front for selling the entheogenic plants she grows in the greenhouse roof section of the Salon because Trevor gets all the Hairdressing work.

Principal Hale and Dr Marlon are totally dating, but she doesn't know about the crowbar in his Dog rescue Van that he uses in his secret work as part of the Fur trade. 

Liann is a Furry. That's why she draws people as anthropomorphic animals. The Racoon she draws lounging seductively in the School set is her Fursona.

Adi (Adidi) and Matilde are dating.

The Friends are an Outlaw Electric Scooter Gang.

Gabriela is Mia's wife.

Nova is a serial killer who collects skulls as trophies. She loves to assist Dr Marlon with his animal euthanizing. She has an extra cell phone to communicate with him that she hides under her bed.

Heartlake City has a huge feral dog problem.

Naomi is a crazy cat lady.

The weird looking hamster in the School is a magical creature from Elvendale and Marcel/Isaac is on to him.

Fiona is our Down's Syndrome representation.

Liann is our ADHD representation.

Victoria and Peter have creepy twin powers and Marcel/Issac wants to study them. That's why Aliya takes Victoria with her to psychically track lost dogs.

Liann is the new Pranksy and Isabella is trying to catch her.

Charli is our Trans/Non-Binary representation. Charli was an X-Games champion who opened a Skate-Thru Diner at the Skate Park. Charli may also have once been Evelyn.

Zac is allergic to pets.

Principal Hale moved to Heartlake from Elvendale and became human, but retains enough magic to see the emoji pop ups we see on screen when the Friends characters are thinking/having emotions and that's why she's a good Principal, using her insight to guide her students in fulfilling ways. She can control the Bees at the school so they don't sting everyone. She'll probably use the bees to take down Dr Marlon and Nova when she finds out what they're up to.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😅😅😅

You have gone way too off the deep end 🤣

59 minutes ago, Maple said:

We are getting a 1072 piece botanical garden!!!!

Woohoo!

We discussed this earlier in the form, look above

I think the most interesting part about 2023, LEGO really seems to sync City and Friends now.

Summer waves of both themes have Ski sets, then Friends gets an Iglo, and City gets some Arctic.

Then Friends gets a Sea Rescue airplane / centre,  while City gets a Submarine and a Ship.

Also Skate Parks in the same year, and City has a Park tractor while Friends gets a Garden.

Of course Friends still has it's own focus like 2 Horse Stable related sets, Sports, and Pancake Place, while City gets an Ice Cream shop, Car Wash, Appartments and City Center.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

We discussed this earlier in the form, look above

Do you think I'm reading all that garbage you and Killian post?

1 hour ago, Maple said:

Do you think I'm reading all that garbage you and Killian post?

#1 ouch

#2 @TeriXeri was also discussing it

#3 we’re just joking and stuff like that

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

I think the most interesting part about 2023, LEGO really seems to sync City and Friends now.

Summer waves of both themes have Ski sets, then Friends gets an Iglo, and City gets some Arctic.

Then Friends gets a Sea Rescue airplane / centre,  while City gets a Submarine and a Ship.

Also Skate Parks in the same year, and City has a Park tractor while Friends gets a Garden.

Of course Friends still has it's own focus like 2 Horse Stable related sets, Sports, and Pancake Place, while City gets an Ice Cream shop, Car Wash, Appartments and City Center.

Yeah, another thing is city is getting a big 2010 piece set as well, and it’s $40 more expensive!

11 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

#1 ouch

#2 @TeriXeri was also discussing it

#3 we’re just joking and stuff like that

Yeah, another thing is city is getting a big 2010 piece set as well, and it’s $40 more expensive!

That's why I have Maple on Ignore so I don't see her posts. I don't get why Maple's even on a Lego forum when they have a deep hatred of people discussing Lego themes and what can be possible with Lego. Life's too short to pay attention to hate and joylessness, so they're on my ever increasing block list. 🤣😂🤣

13 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Yeah, I like how the two themes complement each other in some ways, it makes it easier to get lots of parts to MOC  a certain type of building/scene when there are two themes covering the same sort of ideas

2 hours ago, Killian said:

That's why I have Maple on Ignore so I don't see her posts. I don't get why Maple's even on a Lego forum when they have a deep hatred of people discussing Lego themes and what can be possible with Lego. Life's too short to pay attention to hate and joylessness, so they're on my ever increasing block list. 🤣😂🤣

Yeah, how do I Even block? I joined eurobricks last December and I don’t know how

edit: never mind, found it!

Edited by Lemerbrix

On 2/17/2023 at 1:47 PM, Killian said:

Also, for anyone who needed further confirmation, Trevor and Joshua are canonically Maya's parents.

Oh, heck yes! I'm kind of surprised it took this long to get clearer confirmation, but glad we finally have it. :thumbup: