Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Can anyone get on the bigw site? There is a JSP processing error.

Their sale started online at 9pm so I'd say its overloaded with people buying all their Lego. Me included :-)

Well I spent an hour trying to order on the big W website, got so many timeouts, I started to use the ipad app, which pretty much went straight through (after 9:45pm for some reason), but have now ordered 60026 Town Square and the two creator houses, and friends bakery ready for them to be delivered by Monday. This coupled with last night's myer sale, means I only have Target's AA to get! woo!

I want to thank everyone for their input on this post, as it really helps me to know when a sale is on, so thanks guys!

Michelle

I checked about twenty minutes ago......BigW site was down......I don't have to worry about town square now ! :grin:

This afternoon I left a message on the Lego Australia customer service line......wait and see if I get any response..... :blush:

Well I spent an hour trying to order on the big W website, got so many timeouts, I started to use the ipad app, which pretty much went straight through (after 9:45pm for some reason), but have now ordered 60026 Town Square and the two creator houses, and friends bakery ready for them to be delivered by Monday. This coupled with last night's myer sale, means I only have Target's AA to get! woo!

I want to thank everyone for their input on this post, as it really helps me to know when a sale is on, so thanks guys!

Michelle

Your welcome and Welcome to EB. That's a great little collection you have going on there. Don't forget to use the Myer One code MYTOYSALE for a further 10% off and they have free delivery with spends over $100.

I took delivery of some road plates from DJ's yesterday and man their packaging is second to none. The outer box is so thick and well designed. Then inside, every individual items is bubble wrapped then placed onto airbags and surrounded by even more airbags. Even the receipt is placed inside a perfectly designed envelope. Delivery was also very quick 3 days to country NSW. Lets see how my Myer delivery compares.

Picked up my 2 copies of the HE this morning from Myer Carindale!

Super excited to build them up - thinking I need to extend my station area though!

So many bargains to be hard ATM its hard to decide!

Some FYI if it hasn't been covered before

The Coast Guard plane and fishing boat at Target is an exclusive for them.

The 2nd wave of city sets will be out late July / early August across all retailers. Kmart which in the past has had the city sets before everyone for their mid year sale will not be getting them first. Lego have stopped doing a "first to retail" wave.

Thanks as always for the assistance. Decided to order the kits I was after straight from Myer. Extra 10% off / MyerOne points / free delivery and I didn't have to go near a store. How good is that!! Also helps sticking to a budget and not buying way too much :)

Great prices on the kits once you deduct the 10%. Though I can see myself drifting up to the retail store before the weekend's out ... maybe :)

Enjoy the sales everyone.

Lunch time report from Myer Adelaide: Seemed to still have plenty of everything in stock, although some themes weren't in the toy section but closer to main entrance. Queues at the check out are longish but they have plenty of staff on to get through them. Best bargains in my view are the Horizon Express, Sopwith Camel and new Creator house.

Put an order in online to pick up from store this morning so I wouldnt miss out for the Horizon Express and the Kingdom Joust. Went into Myer Melbourne at lunch time and plently of everything available. Had about 20-30 Horizon Express, about the same of the mini modulars. Only about 5 Joust left, so at least I have mine ready to pick up next week. Going away for 3 days anyway so no big deal.

unlike some stores in the east, big w stores here in wa (at least the 1/2 dozzen i have checked) are sticking to the "we cant sell you a town square until the sale starts next week" line.

plenty of stock visible at both karrinyup and perth cbd including vws, camels, mini modulars, jousts and horizon expresses.

layby'd the sopwith camel, mini modulars at Myer CBD melb, purchased the Pirate Ship, Black Gate and Council of Elrond with the additional 10% off, saved over $100, along with the purchase of the Tower of Orthanc, this week has been totally epic!

Also managed to layby the Creator house, city town square, friends bakery from Big W too, what a day!

layby'd the sopwith camel, mini modulars at Myer CBD melb, purchased the Pirate Ship, Black Gate and Council of Elrond with the additional 10% off, saved over $100, along with the purchase of the Tower of Orthanc, this week has been totally epic!

Also managed to layby the Creator house, city town square, friends bakery from Big W too, what a day!

How much do Big W and Myer charge to do Lay-by instore?

How much do Big W and Myer charge to do Lay-by instore?

big W and Target charge $2 upfront - no on -going costs

Myer I'm not sure charge anything - I put a layby in today and don't recall Myer charging me anything (at least they didn't tell me).

big W and Target charge $2 upfront - no on -going costs

Myer I'm not sure charge anything - I put a layby in today and don't recall Myer charging me anything (at least they didn't tell me).

Myer is definitely $10. Charged me that this morning for my layby.

Epic week indeed!

unlike some stores in the east, big w stores here in wa (at least the 1/2 dozzen i have checked) are sticking to the "we cant sell you a town square until the sale starts next week" line.

plenty of stock visible at both karrinyup and perth cbd including vws, camels, mini modulars, jousts and horizon expresses.

That's gotta suck. I bet you could order it online through BigW and get it delivered before it even goes on sale there.

Ended up with a Creator House from MYER (the cost after the extra 10% off is so close to the Big W sale price I decided not to wait) and a Haunted House from K-Mart. If you want a Haunted House, do NOT wait, buy it NOW, the K-Mart guy told me that the stores only got a handful of sets and that stock is very limited and selling fast.

Also even if its not on the shelf, ask about it, they may have stock in the back (as was the case at K-Mart in Morley where I got mine from).

The availability checker on the K-Mart web site is the best way to make sure the K-Mart store you plan to go to actually has stock.

Didn't find a Town Square at any Big W yet, will wait until either the sale starts or someone reports a Perth store that has one on the shelf.

Anybody seen Helm's Deep (9474) on the cheap?

Christ that's a good deal.

Sorry if late, haven't read other posts. In Adelaide Harbor Town, there is a toy world, was discounted. I am thinking it was a fair deal around $150 but my memory is fuzzy.

Purchased all the new LOTR at Myer today in Sydney city (with additional 10% off). Also got some toys for the kids as well so walked out with 2 big bags of toys :)

And purchased Orthanc on S@H last night using some VIP points as well so I've had a big week.

Tempted to get another Kingdoms Joust set on sale as well but I already have 2 of these so couldn't justify it this week...

Picked up the Town Square and Tree House on Big W, got the Family House from Myer today with a box of switch tracks. Big W when I finally got on was only doing layby on the Family house. I'm not interested in waiting for my Lego. :)

Also inquired at Target Roselands for the AA, nothing on shelves and they said will be out with the sale. They did have one R2 on the shelf however.

Interesting thing I noticed yesterday at Dymocks in Sydney, they had a lot more Lego in stock and even had the old Red passenger train and the Yellow Cargo train, no sale prices though

Grabbed some switch tracks and the tower of Pisa architecture set tonight for my little boy, gotta love toysale time.

Got them at myer with the additional 10% off again.

Spotted the Tower of Pisa at various retailers today here in WA too for anyone who wants it.

Purchased all the new LOTR at Myer today in Sydney city (with additional 10% off).

And purchased Orthanc on S@H last night using some VIP points as well so I've had a big week.

We have had a very similar week... :thumbup:

Well that's me done for a while, since it seems SW retail release is being delayed. Actually no, I want the LOTR board game too.