Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Hi All,

When is the myer sale starting? And what does Myer TTP mean? (NVM I suspect I have answered part of it....sale starts online tomorrow and Tea Tree Plaza)

Does anyone have an idea on the prices for the Myer items?

Ah, but the toy sale doesn't start for a few weeks yet. :wink:

Ah, but the toy sale doesn't start for a few weeks yet. :wink:

Can anyone confirm that Myer are tomorrow night from 530 for their stocktake sale preview and there's 20% off Lego. I've heard it but seen no invite / email come my way.

Edit: just got one.

Edited by distortme

I've seen it stocked up in Myer, and Big W fairly recently.

Cheers for that. It looks like Myer is the place to get it.

Myer TTP is stocked ready for stocktake sale: ,,, Sopwiths

Are you kidding? How much are they there?

Cheers for that. It looks like Myer is the place to get it.

Are you kidding? How much are they there?

Sopwiths are RRP so take 20% off and buy one. They're awesome.

Can someone, compile a list of locations, % of savings and dates of the upcoming months. Even if incomplete?

For example... When is was Myers buy 2 get one free sale? Was until Sunday.

Edited by Admiral Blockbeard

Can someone, compile a list of locations, % of savings and dates of the upcoming months. Even if incomplete?

For example... When is was Myers buy 2 get one free sale? Was until Sunday.

Errrm this forum :)

Breaking my self-imposed posting ban briefly here.

Myer TTP (Adelaide) had several copies of mini modulars, VW van, Sopwith and Horizon Express. Also saw some new Chima including cute new skunk speedorz but at still $18 after sale it seemed like too much, and the new (I think) Chima board game was there too.

No new City, LOTR or Star Wars sets as far as I could tell.

As distortme said, Adelaide store is a bust, they don't even have full range of The Lone Ranger, just small set and bank from memory.

Edited by OnHiatus

Got my two Horizons from Myer TTP. None left on the shelf now, however they said that they can't bring them all out because of another sale. Probably hoarding them for Toy Sale. Ah well, I'm happy I have mine!

Hoping that the new LOTR sets are out in time for all the sales (since it's up on S@H now). I doubt the Castle stuff will be released in time.

Sopwiths are RRP so take 20% off and buy one. They're awesome.

But I just bought one, after a month dealing with problem eBay sellers and people on Bricklink who wouldn't respond to my queries, I caved and bought one off the Lego Shop, and padded the order to make the free shipping limit.

Like I wrote earlier.....city sets in August (unless Target or BigW score an early issue) and Myers will have some LOTR as part of their sale in a few weeks time. :wink:

Errrm this forum :)

Thanks for your help and input... :hmpf_bad:

I was thinking more along the lines that this forum doesn't communicate clearly the sales. So what I propose is this.

Either;

1) We BOLD AND UNDERLINE the sales and make them clear with all info we have... store, dates (end start), expected savings... etc. As below.

2) We start a shared calendar online that we jointly update.

1 seems easiest...

Sad news folks :cry_happy: ......Kmart has axed all sales relying on lower prices to pay their bills :wacko:......but Target, BigW (27th June) plus Myer are having their big toy sales.

Myer will have the Kingdom's Joust, Creator Family House, a few of the new LOTR sets.....I got to see the list in their under-the-counter staff only book. :grin:

Big W big toy sale 27th of June, Guess Approx 20%

Target toy sale 21st of June, 20%, as previously 2012's - Catalogue

Huge TRU sale starts this week.......10 bucks off City Great Vehicles range (down to 19.99).....collectable minifigs 3 for 12 bucks......selected creator, Super Heroes and Star Wars sets reduced.....sale starts the 5th of June......now why wasn't I told that this morning at the Gepps Cross store. :blush:

TRU June 5th, UPTO 33% off, (lasts a week?)

Folks,

I can confirm that the Horizen Express is a Myer exclusive for the mid year toy sale and will be on the front cover of the catalogue. RRP is $159 and will have a Was / Now price on it with the possibility of a further % off for Myer One members for the first few days.

Thursday 20th June is when the Toy Sale starts.

I believe with the sale price (I'm going to guess $20-$30 off plus hopefully and extra 10% if your Myer one will bring it down to around the $115 - $125 mark which will be under the US RRP which would make me happy enough!

Myer big toy sale 20th of June Approx 15-20% off.

Hope this helps clear things out for people who don't want to read 4 pages of chit-chat, and the small edits taken into consideration for future. :sweet:

Also Shopforme.com has got some new sets up, including the Horizon Express at $199. LR sets are mostly 20% off and the MMV is back up for $135 this time. Some new LOTR sets up at full price.

ONGOING, Lego.com Shop has free shipping for orders over $150, Via Frumpy

AB

That Target catalog is last years, you can clearly see on page 1 that it says "2012".

That Target catalog is last years, you can clearly see on page 1 that it says "2012".

I think he was using last year's catalog as an example/template on how we should make sales appear on our posts so that they will be easily recognizable. I was going to make the same comment as you but I re-read Admiral Blackbeard's whole post and decided not to comment about it.

And last years sets :grin:. Should have made it clearer, SORRY! Will edit to make it clear. From what I can tell however 2011, and 2012 both started on the 21st and had 20% off Lego.

I think he was using last year's catalog as an example/template on how we should make sales appear on our posts so that they will be easily recognizable. I was going to make the same comment as you but I re-read Admiral Blackbeard's whole post and decided not to comment about it.

I had used it as a reference for expected 20% off. Can't wait for the sales!

I also don't want my post to "kill off" the general discussion, but just want a way to spot the actual sales!

AB

Good idea Admiral Blockbeard, it does get a bit confusing to keep up with all the sales going on, especially this time of year.

The next big Star Wars set "Ewok Village" will be available on S@H on 1st of September. Price is $360, only $10 more than the B Wing. Considering the US prices, we get a better deal this time around than last. (Ewoks $250 US, B Wing $200)

That price is far better than I thought, I'll wait for a free shipping special and grab one then. It looks like such a great playset.

Thanks for your help and input... :hmpf_bad:

I was thinking more along the lines that this forum doesn't communicate clearly the sales.

Thanks AB, that's an excellent suggestion.