Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Picked up a Lego Space Police 5974 on clearence for $80.00 at the Willows BigW in Townsville. Mainly picked it up for the parts but I will have to build it once of course.

Is $58.66 a good price for the 7498 Police station? A while back I ordered 2 from Big W online, but due to a glitch it ended up showing 3. I was only ever charged for the 2 ($176), but to my surprise they sent me 3!

post-20738-131858161209.jpg

Is $58.66 a good price for the 7498 Police station? A while back I ordered 2 from Big W online, but due to a glitch it ended up showing 3. I was only ever charged for the 2 ($176), but to my surprise they sent me 3!

post-20738-131858161209.jpg

Wow, I ordered 2 online during that Christmas layby period, I won't get them until end Nov/Dec and only 2. So $58.66 is amazingly cheap.

Target is having a toy sale 13th-19th Oct, usual 20% off. Might pick up that Mace Windu Starfighter ive been after for a while for $55. :classic:

Target is having a toy sale 13th-19th Oct, usual 20% off. Might pick up that Mace Windu Starfighter ive been after for a while for $55. :classic:

If your in Melbourne Target city store had a few this morning.

If your in Melbourne Target city store had a few this morning.

Thanks for the tip Darth Draks but Im in Sydney. There are a few Targets around my area so I hope I dont miss out. Im about to go out looking now.

Yeah I got the 2nd last one @ Target Campbelltown :grin: . Just two more to go for the 2011 SW line up.

Edited by wokajablocka

Hey guys and gals has anyone seen the black pearl on shelves, it's out everywhere else so I am hoping it will be here too. :sceptic:

You could try checking Toys R Us, as that's where POTC originally appeared first in Australia (about two weeks before everyone else if I recall correctly, though only for half the sets).

Anyone who knows a staff member or is good with the sweet talk could ask them to check out the back, as it's officially not supposed to be put out until November.

It'd be good if it was at TRU, as they have a 20% coupon sale this weekend (there, back on topic!) and at RRP we'd need to raid Isla de la Muerta to afford it.

Can't recall if this has been mentioned but didn't see it in the last couple of pages -

The current Kmart Kids catalogue has some Alien Conquest sets on sale for around a 29% discount:

7067 Jet Copter $49 ($20 off)

UFO abduction $35 ($14 off)

7051 Tripod Invader $25 ($9 off)

Small Buggy $13 ($4 off)

Again, apologies if this is old news - I picked up the tripod and UFO after work last night as an over-worked, over-tired retail therapy impulse buy... :wacko:

Warning signs:

It's Fishpond, notorious for very slow delivery and/or cancelled orders.

Ships within 14-21 days, so most likely sourced overseas after you place your order.

Artificial RRP of $283 to make the % saving look better.

Order at your own risk, you've been warned.

Absolutely agree with dotmike, ordering from Fishpond is a hit and miss game, and when they do ship out

then your lego set could be wrapped in soft card board which means the box will be crushed and smashed

like it has been done to me!

If you want to give the set as a present it's not be worth it.......... waiting times to receive orders

can be up to 60 days and they do cancel orders randomly when they can't get products.

Another negative with Fishpond is that your credit card is charged straight away on any purchase, so if

they do cancel your order then you might be looking at getting your money back 40 to 60 days later.

On the flipside, I have always found their packaging fine, have never had an order cancelled and never had any issues with banged up boxes. Only once in my ordering with them (and I have probably ordered about $2000 worth of stuff from them) was there a delay which was unexplained.

To each their own :sweet:

Any news on the avaliability on the Naboo starfighter, Cromwell fom Lego Australia is being a bit slack (over worked) and hasent got back to me yet.

Dose anyone know yet where to get the 7877 Naboo Starfighter? Maybe its a Toy World exclusive as this is about the only store I havent gone to and their location is like 45 mins drive away.

Just out of curiosity I went to David Jones at lunch to see if they had the pet shop (and a 25% off sale), they had neither. However, they did have the modular fire brigade set reduced to $209 (I could be a couple dollars out) and unlike the boxes I saw at Toys R Us a while ago ($200 price tag), these ones were in good condition. I don't know if this is nationwide or was just in the Adelaide DJs store.

Also I think there were some comments here about looking for the Black Pearl and someone suggested Toys R Us, however I think someone reliable on this thread mentioned a few months ago that it will be an independent store (including Toyworld) exclusive.

Edited by hewman

Also I think there were some comments here about looking for the Black Pearl and someone suggested Toys R Us, however I think someone reliable on this thread mentioned a few months ago that it will be an independent store (including Toyworld) exclusive.

That would be frustrating if so and pretty much a green light to import it.

Toyworlds are few and far between in my neck of the woods - metropolitan Sydney. With their previous exclusives, such as the Winter Toy Shop, the only time I ever saw it was on a trip down the coast and not when I actually wanted to see it. Plus their stock levels are low and prices uncompetitive.

Target getting its Diagon Alleys and Myer its Imperial Flagships is one thing (though even those I'm not happy about as it restricts competition), but giving exclusives to a distribution network that basically only exists in country towns is not helpful for many of us. I suppose it's the revenge of the Mom & Pop Toy Stores that have been driven out of the big cities by the super chains.

Oh well, at least the Aussie dollar is super strong again for an import!

Oh, thanks 'dotmike' for writing Diagon Alley because I forgot to say the other day - I scored one for 200 on the nose at Target TTP....20% off plus a little more for being damaged. Well, it's on lay-by anyway.....my son will have a Christmas present from dad this year. :classic:

BigW Brisbane City today had a large range of kids watches - city, star wars and a couple of others - all for $30 - no sign of adult watches though

Edited by jamonlego

BigW Brisbane City today had a large range of kids watches - city, star wars and a couple of others - all for $30 - no sign of adult watches though

And at those prices they can keep them, those watches don't look very strong....of course only the Vader one will sell ! :laugh:

And at those prices they can keep them, those watches don't look very strong....of course only the Vader one will sell ! :laugh:

have to agree - my kids are a bit old for them now, and I don't see me wearing one - I wouldn't mind one of the adult ones though :-)

have to agree - my kids are a bit old for them now, and I don't see me wearing one - I wouldn't mind one of the adult ones though :-)

Mind you the Vader one does come with cape and lightsaber, where the Stormtrooper just comes with a standard blaster. :wink:

So I guess if you want a cheap Vader with tackle....wait for it on sale or clearance ! :wink:

The VW Kombivan recently piqued my interest, so without trawling through outdated info, does anyone know what's a good price right now or in the near future for this set?

The VW Kombivan recently piqued my interest, so without trawling through outdated info, does anyone know what's a good price right now or in the near future for this set?

Hard to say what a "good" price will be, but here's what I think from a quick look around:

* RRP on the AU version of Lego.com is $169. That puts it into the $35 shipping category for a worst-case scenario of just over $200.

* RRP for the US is $119, so Bricklink prices probably won't be below that. The set weighs around 4lbs, and a recent quote I got for a 4lb set was approx $51 (about 6lbs total with the packaging). So your best BL price is probably going to be no better than AU RRP. More sets lowers the average shipping slightly, but for once the price difference between AU and US isn't larger than shipping costs alone.

* Google hasn't turned up which store will get the exclusive, although that could just be my lack of google skills. It's a fair bet that a) it won't be out for a while (like most Lego "hard to get"?) and b) if it's Target, Myer or DJs, it can be gotten for 20% off the RRP. Guessing maybe by midyear sales in 2012?

* Best case is probably going to be Myers with it's 28% Sale + Myer One offer. Unless you want three of them, in which case it's Myers with 3 for 2. If Myers gets the set.

* Best bet if you want one soon(ish) may be to trawl the various Amazon sites, they're more likely to have a price less than RRP for that zone and I believe they get better shipping terms. The issue is whether they'll ship the set to Australia.

Hope this helps. It's only my opinion, it almost certainly differs from others :classic:

Edited by darkhorse

Mind you the Vader one does come with cape and lightsaber, where the Stormtrooper just comes with a standard blaster. :wink:

So I guess if you want a cheap Vader with tackle....wait for it on sale or clearance ! :wink:

Man I dont think they will around for long enough for them to go on sale. I find most of the permotional Lego stuff sells pritty quickly :hmpf_bad: . It would be good if all retailers stocked items like this so we can get our hands on them easier and cheaper. :wink:

Also read on FBT.set that the 7877 Naboo starfighter will is a Target exclusive in the US. Not sure Australian Target stores? I didn't see any when I was there on the weekend. Still waiting for someone to confirm this set.

Edited by wokajablocka

If you're not prepared to wait the 8 or 9 months for the 2012 mid-year sales, shop at home might be the best option. I think they have double VIP points on this set at the moment. Although there is one on bricklink now for just over $120, but once you factor in shipping and paypal's dodgy currency conversion rates, you're probably looking at $180+. I doubt that the set will appear on various Amazon sites until next year and most don't ship Lego to Aus anyway.

Also read on FBT.set that the 7877 Naboo starfighter will is a Target exclusive in the US. Not sure Australian Target stores? I didn't see any when I was there on the weekend. Still waiting for someone to confirm this set.

There isn't any connection between US and Australian Target, so if it does turn up at Target here, it is no more than a coincidence. Sorry I don't have any more helpful info than that.