Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Their selection is appalling and overpriced. $169.95 for Public Transport?? $69.95 for the Toys R Us truck?! Rofl. Sure, it's exclusive, but you can get the generic yellow "Lego" one for $36!! A different colour scheme and a little shop doesn't make it worth twice the price.

The yellow Lego truck normally sells for 49 bucks, with the TRU truck it's best to wait for a sale and 15 bucks off is 15 bucks off be grateful that TRU gave such a discount ! :laugh:

The yellow Lego truck normally sells for 49 bucks, with the TRU truck it's best to wait for a sale and 15 bucks off is 15 bucks off be grateful that TRU gave such a discount ! :laugh:

Well we all know $49 is an absurd over-inflated price. $36 here:

http://www.treasuresforlittlepeople.com.au/lego-city-3221-truck-p-1164.html

Oh, and Big W has the 7498 Police station for sale for $80 with free shipping from their website. Their normal price is $117, so this is $37 off (or over 30%). This is the cheapest I've ever seen it at (a few months ago they had it on sale for $88).

Edited by MrZ

Oh, and Big W has the 7498 Police station for sale for $80 with free shipping from their website. Their normal price is $117, so this is $37 off (or over 30%). This is the cheapest I've ever seen it at (a few months ago they had it on sale for $88).

Yep, and it finishes on the 5th of October.....just a few hours left ! :blush:

Anyway, for those in Adelaide, ImagineIf Newton has a 25% off everything sale.....at least 2 Slave 1's and 2 CTT I saw on the shelf.

That store only, finishing ? :blush:

I use shipito, they are great for consolidating multiple packages into one and they will also debox sets and pack them into smaller boxes on request. Their main warehouse is in CA though so you have to pay sales tax on purchases sent to them.

I also use HopShopGo sometimes but only when they have a deal going waiving the expensive first kilogram charge they have. They will not debox sets or consolidate several packages into one package but they are located in Oregon which means no sales tax.

Thanks for that. The main reason I am considering it, is because Toys R Us has a Buy 1 get 2nd 50% off with their Lego.

Can you tell me a bit more about it?

EDIT: Actually not much point. After looking last night, the site has been pillaged, with alot of stock now only able to be purchased in store :(

Hi, I would like to know more about buy Lego and sending to HopShopGo, say, for example, if I wanna buy Lego 2521 via Hopshopgo and send it to Hong Kong,

Is the shipping rate equal to 18.7 x 14.7 x 2.7 inch / 138 , that is around 5.4lbs ???

In addition, if I buy two sets of Lego 2521, is the shipping rate equal to 10.8 lbs?

Any large boxes to store Lego 2521 if I buy it from Toyrus, that will increase the shipping weight too?

Thanks a lot

Hi, I would like to know more about buy Lego and sending to HopShopGo, say, for example, if I wanna buy Lego 2521 via Hopshopgo and send it to Hong Kong,

This is the wrong thread for that, and we've been warned against those previous posts. This is an Aussie Sales thread and it's off topic.

(Personally, I don't mind, but a moderator will eventually come and get grouchy. It'd be a great shame to have it closed down as there are great local bargains reported.)

Back on topic, has anyone mentioned Myer stores currently have a 5 day sale on with 20% off LEGO until Sunday, 9 October?

Though these days it's probably more news when they don' have a sale on! And a mere 20% isn't cool anymore.

Is the shipping rate equal to 18.7 x 14.7 x 2.7 inch / 138 , that is around 5.4lbs ???

In addition, if I buy two sets of Lego 2521, is the shipping rate equal to 10.8 lbs?

Any large boxes to store Lego 2521 if I buy it from Toyrus, that will increase the shipping weight too?

Thanks a lot

Hi ACreation

Firstly welcome to Eurobricks. There's actually a specific topic for buying from other countries here where you can ask your questions. This topic is purely for sales located in Australia (rather than sales available to Australians).

If you'd like to introduce yourself there's a "Hello my name is..." section under Eurobricks Community where you can introduce yourself.

Cheers

Hewman

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I checked the last couple of pages and didn't see anything.

I noticed a few sets on clearance at KMart the other day, "City Of Atlantis" (not Portal) + a few others, unfortunately I don't remember the rest. It was a half-decent markdown, @ 20-30% off I think. And it was clearance with the yellow, not red sale ticket. Sorry I don't remember the details, it was a few days ago. :blush: Heads-up if you're interested in checking it out anyway.

I was in Myer yesterday and they had a 5 day sale, 20% off all full-priced toys going (they still have some Lego on sale from their latest catalog that isn't covered by this reduction).

Sorry I forgot to check when the sale started/finished. They also had the new DK lego books there albeit not on sale.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I checked the last couple of pages and didn't see anything.

I noticed a few sets on clearance at KMart the other day, "City Of Atlantis" (not Portal) + a few others, unfortunately I don't remember the rest. It was a half-decent markdown, @ 20-30% off I think. And it was clearance with the yellow, not red sale ticket. Sorry I don't remember the details, it was a few days ago. :blush: Heads-up if you're interested in checking it out anyway.

If it's City of Atlantis at $89 which it still was when I was there Wednesday, then it's been at Kmart like that for well over a month and yes, it's been reported multiple times but probably further back then you scanned. About time they further slashed it. Especially as the set's regular price at Myer is now $79.

(Kinda funny Myer's regular price is cheaper than Kmart's clearance price but these big price differentials are getting common with LEGO. Toys R Us have a 25% off sale on Pirates of the Caribbean, making their Queen Anne's Revenge down from $199.99 to $150. Except, Big W have always had it for $146.)

I'm paying special attention to City of Atlantis as if/when the price drops to $60 I want to buy like 5 or 6. But I just know some AFOL is going to beat me to it and clean Sydney out of them before I catch on!

Sorry I forgot to check when the sale started/finished. They also had the new DK lego books there albeit not on sale.

Finishes Sunday, 9 October, but knowing Myer, another sale will start a few days later! (Hopefully a 25% or better.)

Thanks for the info on the books - I assume you saw The LEGO Ideas Book that's getting great reviews? Maybe a book sale will start soon - they're often 30% off.

Picked up the Lego Star Wars Character Encyclopaedia for $ 19.93 down from $ 29.99 at the Stockland Big W store today.

Although it's only October, the Star Wars Advent calendar might be popping up now.

I just bought it from an independent store for a horribly-inflated price of $70... for only 266 pieces, that's very expensive.

I was probably ripped-off, but all things considered, I'd rather pay a bit more for it than miss out entirely. :sceptic:

Although it's only October, the Star Wars Advent calendar might be popping up now.

I just bought it from an independent store for a horribly-inflated price of $70... for only 266 pieces, that's very expensive.

I was probably ripped-off, but all things considered, I'd rather pay a bit more for it than miss out entirely. :sceptic:

Here in Adelaide, Toy Corner and most Toyworld's have good stock of these at 49.99.....you paid that much :sick:*huh* !

Oh, well....at least you have got it. :wink:

We bought ours from Bricks 'n fun in Brisbane. They have it for $50 (well they did when we bought ours).

We have already opened it and built the figs and models :laugh: we just sat around one night and had turns opening squares. I am not very good with advent calendars.

Here in Adelaide, Toy Corner and most Toyworld's have good stock of these at 49.99.....you paid that much :sick:*huh* !

Oh, well....at least you have got it. :wink:

Got one from Toy Corner with their 15% off, so best price I found at $42.50.

TARGET SALE 13 to 19 Oct. ! :wink:

20% off Lego and spend over $50....free Lego Club membership.

But 40 bucks off the Lego city harbour. :blush:

Does anyone know of any shops in Melbourne that actually stock the Imperial Flagship/Imperial Shuttle in store? I know its pretty rare for UCS sets to show up. I might have to resort to Ebay. I know Big W online sell the Imperial Shuttle for $448...but thats price is a bit rich (I know its rrp).

Was after the 2011 Naboo Starfighter 7877. I see it at Lego shop home Au, but have not seen it in any stores ie Kmart, TRus, Target, Big W, Myer etc. Has anyone seen this set in any stores in Australia

Does anyone know of any shops in Melbourne that actually stock the Imperial Flagship/Imperial Shuttle in store? I know its pretty rare for UCS sets to show up. I might have to resort to Ebay. I know Big W online sell the Imperial Shuttle for $448...but thats price is a bit rich (I know its rrp).

If your in Melbourne then check out shopforme, they have free pick up and have both the sets.

Myer also has the Flagship so you could check out the city store.

If your in Melbourne then check out shopforme, they have free pick up and have both the sets.

Myer also has the Flagship so you could check out the city store.

Thanks a lot. Their price for the both those items is pretty impressive, particularly the Imperial Flagship.

Thanks a lot. Their price for the both those items is pretty impressive, particularly the Imperial Flagship.

$230 is an impressive price for IF? :oh:

I bought the Kingdoms castle from them for $101.99 a while back, and they delivered it for free to my door (because I live on St. Kilda Rd). Now *that's* a good price.

$230 is an impressive price for IF? :oh:

I bought the Kingdoms castle from them for $101.99 a while back, and they delivered it for free to my door (because I live on St. Kilda Rd). Now *that's* a good price.

Impressive relative to any other prices I can find. The best price I can find on Ebay is $280 shipped which is the same as RRP. Are you really comparing the price Kingdoms Castle to a popular UCS set's price?

Impressive relative to any other prices I can find. The best price I can find on Ebay is $280 shipped which is the same as RRP. Are you really comparing the price Kingdoms Castle to a popular UCS set's price?

You need to look harder. There was one on eBay just a few days ago which was advertised for $155 plus $70 shipping ($225 total):

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180735660842&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123#shId

Edited by MrZ

You need to look harder. There was one on eBay just a few days ago which was advertised for $155 plus $70 shipping ($225 total):

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180735660842&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123#shId

I'm talking about local pricing. You can't really compare to prices from the States. How is $225 any better when I can get it from shopforme for $5 more and walkin store and get it today?

Was after the 2011 Naboo Starfighter 7877. I see it at Lego shop home Au, but have not seen it in any stores ie Kmart, TRus, Target, Big W, Myer etc. Has anyone seen this set in any stores in Australia

I just loged in to ask the same question. If no one knows I will call Cromwell @ Lego and he will tell me.

I just rang Cromwell and left a message for him to get back to me. He should reply tomorrow some time and I will let you guys know.

Edited by wokajablocka

I just loged in to ask the same question. If no one knows I will call Cromwell @ Lego and he will tell me.

I'm pretty sure it's a Shop@Home exclusive like Mace's Fighter was, which could mean Target get it next year. But I'm keen to know the official stance also :)