Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

I have to correct a post I previously made about the B&N kids club.

Earlier I said I'd signed up but didn't receive an acknowledgement or discount code however checking back through my email for something else, there was their email.

Sorry B&N, my bad. :-(

Off to see what I can do with my 30% discount on a single item. If I'd discouraged you earlier, give it a go, it's a nice little discount but I recommend paying the extra for express shipping. Also get a few things to spread the delivery cost.

-Doh-

I've just noticed it expired before I got the chance to use it.

This has been my most incompetent attempt at online shopping of all time.

-laugh-

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Hi

I just ordered 3 items through B&N and used the 30% off code here which is valid until the end of June.

I ended up getting the Kingdoms Kings Castle (7946) for $75 US shipped (roughly $70 AUS).

I also ordered the Flo's Cafe Cars 2 set and another set for US retail (obviously much less than AUS retail) and about $8 shipping per item.

Obviously I haven't received them yet so can't say the condition of the packaging etc.

They all shipped about two days after I ordered them and I received a shipping notification via email.

I also avoided any pre-orders after some bad experiences were reported here.

If POTC sets ever come in stock I might consider ordering again.

Thanks for all the great help people have given by sharing their experiences here.

Cheers

Inger

Edited by greenpaw

Hi

I just ordered 3 items through B&N and used the 30% off code here which is valid until the end of June.

I ended up getting the Kingdoms Kings Castle (7946) for $75 US shipped (roughly $70 AUS).

I also ordered the Flo's Cafe Cars 2 set and another set for US retail (obviously much less than AUS retail) and about $8 shipping per item.

Obviously I haven't received them yet so can't say the condition of the packaging etc.

They all shipped about two days after I ordered them and I received a shipping notification via email.

I also avoided any pre-orders after some bad experiences were reported here.

If POTC sets ever come in stock I might consider ordering again.

Thanks for all the great help people have given by sharing their experiences here.

Cheers

Inger

Thanks for that. Can the coupon be used multiple times, or only once per account?

Thanks for that. Can the coupon be used multiple times, or only once per account?

I think it is only once.

Having said that when the POTC arrive in stock (if that ever happens) I shall be trying again :0)

Its a great code if you are after high priced items like Mindstorms too.

You save a couple of hundred dollars off the local AUS price.

Cheers

Inger

I think it is only once.

Having said that when the POTC arrive in stock (if that ever happens) I shall be trying again :0)

Its a great code if you are after high priced items like Mindstorms too.

You save a couple of hundred dollars off the local AUS price.

Cheers

Inger

Yeah, well I ordered the Flo's V8 Cafe to put aside for my son, cannot complain when it is 50% off the Aussie RRP which is when I look to buy most sets these days. I added a couple of Star wars sets to the order to round it out, but if I want something else, then my wife can just create an account. Thanks again!

EDIT: Items shipped 12 hours after ordering, cannot complain at that. Just fingers crossed that the box comes in decent shape. I swore I wouldn't use them again, but simply was too tempting

Edited by TheDarkness

Yeah, well I ordered the Flo's V8 Cafe to put aside for my son, cannot complain when it is 50% off the Aussie RRP which is when I look to buy most sets these days. I added a couple of Star wars sets to the order to round it out, but if I want something else, then my wife can just create an account. Thanks again!

Yes I added a few sets to make it worthwhile too :laugh:

Glad it worked out for you

Cheers

Inger

The B&N code will work once per e-mail address, so if you have more than one e-mail address you can easily benefit from it multiple times.

Ewok attack in Bigw Bendigo. Grabbed a few before they all went. Can't believe they're out already.

Ewok attack in Bigw Bendigo. Grabbed a few before they all went. Can't believe they're out already.

*oh2* What?!? How much for?

*oh2* What?!? How much for?

nearly $50 which is a ridiculous price for it. Looks good though. I couldnt help think it was someone's mistake putting it out so early considering the U.S doesnt get it until August.

I just chased BigW Tea Tree Plaza, no new sets....but I was told their big toy sale starts 29th of June.

About a month to save up our money eh ? :laugh:

I just chased BigW Tea Tree Plaza, no new sets....but I was told their big toy sale starts 29th of June.

About a month to save up our money eh ? :laugh:

Save after the Toy Fair Saturday week? Possible. I reckon we'll see Myer have at 3 sales in-between! :)

nearly $50 which is a ridiculous price for it. Looks good though. I couldnt help think it was someone's mistake putting it out so early considering the U.S doesnt get it until August.

Really???

Just another set to source from overseas then

Really???

Just another set to source from overseas then

Absolutely agree......... does that make the RRP on the up and coming SW Republic Frigate 7964 or Millennium Falcon $300+ given the amount of pieces?

Hi,

Ewok attack was for $50 at Toys'rus at Garden City, Brisbane as well - and Big W city and Garden city had 2 of the pharoahs sets - scarab beetle and flying mummies. Big W city also had harry potter lego book - the bigger one with the mini figure for $30

they also had battle for genosis and the swamp speeder exclusive set for $50

post-11776-130644395892.jpg

post-11776-130644394259.jpg

Edited by jamonlego

they also had battle for genosis and the swamp speeder exclusive set for $50

post-11776-130644395892.jpg

post-11776-130644394259.jpg

TRU or Big W for the Battle of Geonosis? Your context seems a little confusing - I'm assuming TRU.

Edited by distortme

Any whiff of a 20% Toys R Us coupon coming up? They have one for 20% off baby stuff on the back page of their current junk mail, but I doubt they could be convinced LEGO fits into that category...

There are one or two interesting things out in Toys R Us: aside from the Ewoks, I also saw the 5770 Creator Lighthouse Island, which isn't even up on Australia S@H yet. It was $69.99 (vs a retail of 39.99 USD = $37.60), so a 20% discount would make it a little more palatable.

By my calculations of Lego prices in recent years Aussie price tends to be roughly 7/4 of US price. This puts the Republic Frigate at @$200... but if Ewok Attack is $50 (double $25 US price), then twice $120 is $240. Sucks. Even with 30% off it would be cheaper to order from overseas.

TRU or Big W for the Battle of Geonosis? Your context seems a little confusing - I'm assuming TRU.

apologies - yes it was toysrus

Anyone placed an expensive order with B&N before using a 30% off coupon? Just doing some testing, put in the Mindstorms set, and dropped the price from $251.95 to $195.96, a saving of $55.99. This in itself is nothing to sneeze at, as it is still $55.99 off, and $195.96 US before shipping is a heap better than what we get here. Still, it isn't the 30% off, so is there a limit as to how far the discount extends to that anyone is aware of?

Anyone placed an expensive order with B&N before using a 30% off coupon? Just doing some testing, put in the Mindstorms set, and dropped the price from $251.95 to $195.96, a saving of $55.99. This in itself is nothing to sneeze at, as it is still $55.99 off, and $195.96 US before shipping is a heap better than what we get here. Still, it isn't the 30% off, so is there a limit as to how far the discount extends to that anyone is aware of?

Looks like you got 30 % off the $279.95 list price.

Looks like you got 30 % off the $279.95 list price.

I wish, then it would be around $80 off. 30% off the $251.95 cost is about $75.59.

It still is cheap, but the different amount makes me think there must be some limit where it cuts off, or whether that is the maximum amount to be discounted

70% of 279.95 is 195.96

So you are being given 30% off a list price of 279.95, not 30% off a (presumably sale) price of 251.95

70% of 279.95 is 195.96

So you are being given 30% off a list price of 279.95, not 30% off a (presumably sale) price of 251.95

Ahh yes that explains it. Apologies to KV, I screwed that one up good and proper. $211.94 US with International Priority Email is very tempting