Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Hey All,

For those who haven’t seen BigW’s online Lego sale yet, I urge you to have a look as I’ve just purchased come great sets at great discounted prices!

Well worth the small postage cost as the savings are quite large.

Here’s what’s on offer:

TS3 Lotso’s Dump Truck $ 22.57 (RRP $40)

TS3 Pizza Planet Truck $ 40.00 (RRP $80)

TS3 Western Train Chase $ 78.00 (RRP $160)

TS3 Trash Compactor $ 50.00 (RRP $100)

TS Construct a Zurg Set $ 23.28 (RRP $40)

Star Wars ARC-170 Star Fighter $ 60.68 (RRP $110)

Star Wars Droid Tri-Fighter $ 25.68 (RRP $50)

Star Wars Freeco Speeder Set $ 25.68 (RRP $50)

Defiantly much more reasonable pricing with sets being around 50% off

Edited by Clone-Trooper

Awesome sale there Clone-trooper! I think I will grab a TS3 train for sure.

Cheers.

EDIT: and sorted, my son will be stoked at Christmas!

Thanks for that lead Clone-Trooper that is my kids Christmas sorted! :thumbup:

She has been wanting the Rex and Hamm figs for a while now, so I got one of the Pizza Planet Truck! They are still SO expensive on Bricklink!

They are still SO expensive on Bricklink!

Really? *huh* I should sell my spare!

Defiantly much more reasonable pricing with sets being around 50% off

Indeed.

Any sign of the City House? Does anyone have a contact with LEGO Australia and can find out whether they know anything about it? (doubt it but still...)

Anyone know which stores will get Harry Potter and whether they will have all sets?

Anyone know of the best place to find a Space Police Raid VPR or a Pirate Survival?

Any sign of the City House? Does anyone have a contact with LEGO Australia and can find out whether they know anything about it? (doubt it but still...)

Anyone know which stores will get Harry Potter and whether they will have all sets?

Anyone know of the best place to find a Space Police Raid VPR or a Pirate Survival?

I found out from a Lego rep a week ago that City House is OCTOBER release, as too HP sets about the middle of the month ! :wink:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

A day after the sale ends, Target Adelaide put out the collectible figs (just like they did with series 1). There were about 5 boxes all messed up but lots of packets in each box. Thankfully I remembered the Spartan's barcode, so after about 30 packets I found one. Depending on what figs you want, you might want to get up quick. I assume there are some Spartans still left. For those that don't have the pharaoh I say get it, it's a beautiful fig!

Brief Lton lunch time roundup (sorry I don't have a lot of details... I had a really good memory until turning 26 and it hasn't worked properly since - most dudes get a gut at that age, but instead I lost my awesome memory) Myer had (all?/some?) Lego board games marked down $5 (not many left - and none of the ones I was interested in were left) and a whole bunch of other sets too. The Lego has moved AGAIN to another part of that area, and there's not much of a range currently.

Target had no markdowns (everything full price but a really good range of many themes), and all minifigs are GONE. No sign that they were even there either, so I'd say that's it. 3.5 boxes in 1 week - but I'm happy, I already have the 2 I was after. They've restocked all the games.

Toyworld still have 4 or 5 Kingdoms advent calendars, good amount of games, a handful of markdowns. 1 box of series 2 minifigs on the counter, only 1 bag left! There was a "x limit per customer" handwritten sign on the box. Place was busy so I couldn't quite see what the number was, but forget it anyway, as there was only 1 left.

Forgot to mention before, not sure if they were there today (was only doing a quick scan) but there were architecture sets in Birchall's not long ago. Freaking expensive so I didn't take much notice of them - just realised I've never noticed them anywhere else.

For those in Perth looking for Jesters, Morley TRU has them in stock as of Thursday night (hard to notice, they are higher than eye level)

Target had good stock levels of Minifigs S2 located at the checkout area (possibly in an attempt to discourage people from spending ages feeling the bags or using the bar codes). Nothing else interesting though.

K-Mart had reasonable stock levels but no stock left of any of the clearance sets. (and no shelf tags for them either as far as I saw)

MYER had nothing interesting, I was able to get the second Space Police Raid VPR that I wanted though.

Found stock of the pirate impulse I wanted but then decided that I didnt need it and was better off buying the dk green legs from Bricklink :)

Just need the Harry Potter stuff, the City House and the Grand Emporium (none of which are available yet :( )

Plenty of stock of the current police line around, with a new police line comming out in 2011, I expect some of the stores to put the old police station on clearance (even if you dont like police specifically, the police station is a good source of windows and white bits and stuff)

G'day everyone, just popped over to Lego S@H and Harry's up ! :laugh:

Hogwarts™ CastleItem #: 4842

Ages: 8-14

Pieces: 1290

$ 179.99

Hogwarts™ ExpressItem #: 4841

Pieces: 646

$ 119.99

The BurrowItem #: 4840

Ages: 7-14

Pieces: 568

$ 89.99

Hagrid’s HutItem #: 4738

Pieces: 442

$ 69.99

Quidditch Match

Item #: 4737

Ages: 6-12

$ 29.99

Freeing Dobby™Item #: 4736

Pieces: 73

$ 14.99

Now is just me or are these prices lower than what we were expecting ?

Will the retailers have them for the same prices or not is the best question at the moment ?

The HP sets have been available at Target TTP (Adelaide) for the last couple of days now. They were put on the shelves on Wednesday, while I believe the sale was still on. Unfortunately I didn't get any :sad:

If you compare the value of the Kingdoms castle at 169.99 for 933 pieces and the Hogwarts castle at 179.99 for 1290, the Hogwarts castle seems like its better value. Whether that indicates that the Kings Castle is a rip-off or that Harry Potter is surprisingly cheap I dont know.

But yeah considering I had heard rumors of a $200 price for the castle, I am surprised at this price.

The HP sets have been available at Target TTP (Adelaide) for the last couple of days now. They were put on the shelves on Wednesday, while I believe the sale was still on. Unfortunately I didn't get any :sad:

WTF ? *oh2*

I'm going there this morning to have a look, that means Kmart and the rest should not be far behind ! :wink:

I'll report back later, so I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

thanks for the Harry Potter info. These prices are very reasonable especially since its licensed. I think Lego Australia must have realised people couldn't afford TS3 at our RRP. Hence all the deep 50% discounting at Big W. Just an opinion..

Anyway very happy indeed.

G'day everyone, just popped over to Lego S@H and Harry's up ! :laugh:

Hogwarts™ CastleItem #: 4842

Pieces: 1290

$ 179.99

Hogwarts™ ExpressItem #: 4841

Pieces: 646

$ 119.99

The BurrowItem #: 4840

Pieces: 568

$ 89.99

Hagrid’s HutItem #: 4738

Pieces: 442

$ 69.99

Quidditch Match

Item #: 4737

$ 29.99

Freeing Dobby™Item #: 4736

Pieces: 73

$ 14.99

Now is just me or are these prices lower than what we were expecting ?

Will the retailers have them for the same prices or not is the best question at the moment ?

Yes, these prices are lower than what the Qld Toyworld store were reporting ages ago, although they match up perfectly with what bttw listed about a month ago. Maybe the strong Aus $ kicked in and Lego took notice. We do seem to generally fare better with the prices of licensed sets that aren't Star Wars.

Just rang Target Newton, they received all their HP yesterday and are the same price plus one cent as S@H prices (well at least with Freeing Dobby) ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

There have also been reports of the HP sets at Targets in Victoria on the MUGS list.

Following all the recent sightings, Target Maroochydore has HP as well. They must have only put them up last night, the only set that looked like it had been sold was one Freeing Dobby. It seems also that with the arrival of the HP sets, the 10 boxes of Series 2 CMs (that were there) have disappeared!

Target Helensvale (Gold Coast, Qld) also have the full range of new HPs.

It seems also that with the arrival of the HP sets, the 10 boxes of Series 2 CMs (that were there) have disappeared!

Helensvale still have maybe 6-8 boxes, but they all look pretty well rummaged through. a couple of the boxes have only got a half dozen or so figs left.

Good news on the HP sightings.

Now the question is, do I buy them now or wait for a sale...

Anyone know if k-mart or bigw (or anyone else) is likely to have these at below RRP?

Good news on the HP sightings.

Now the question is, do I buy them now or wait for a sale...

Anyone know if k-mart or bigw (or anyone else) is likely to have these at below RRP?

Everything* goes on sale at some stage. I'm waiting for sales.

*this doesn't include store exclusives

Can anyone in Sydney post if they have seen the Harry Potter LEGO?

I have a little girl with a birthday over the long weekend who has been eagerly awaiting these. Boxes of exciting rattling bricks would make a much better present than a raincheck!

Even worth paying RRP for, although that is anathema to this thread!