Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

It's very odd, but Myer is doing 20% off all toys, even though they still have 20% off Lego ! :wacko:

I'll check there too today......I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

It's very odd, but Myer is doing 20% off all toys, even though they still have 20% off Lego ! :wacko:

I'll check there too today......I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

The 20% Off LEGO was for Saturday Only. The 20% off Toys is for TODAY Only!!

Two things - Lego is a toy ! :wink:

Second, Target TTP has series 2 for 3.75......so hopefully for a week from Thursday it will be 10 to 30% cheaper.....bet it will be only 10 % though ! :cry_sad:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I'm sure we all know LEGO is a toy, I was referring to the fact that the discount is for TODAY (hence the capital letters) Only and that the 20% you were referring to as still on going has in fact finished and this is a new offer.

Just wondering but is it just Brisbane stores only that STILL haven't gotten the March release Technic Compactor Excavator and the Mini Telehandler?

Just wondering but is it just Brisbane stores only that STILL haven't gotten the March release Technic Compactor Excavator and the Mini Telehandler?

I haven't seen those in Sydney retail stores either.

Finally got to Target after the recent sightings of series 2 minifigs. 1 sealed box, 1 nearly sealed box that probably still had all figs in it, 1 mostly if not completely full open box & 1 partly emptied box. Only barcodes I wrote down were witch & vampire. First bag I checked was the witch. 10 or 11 bags later I found a vampire. Don't know about [ancient historical warrior] as I don't know the barcode for it. I assume the two boxes at the back still had 3 in each. $3.75ea (as expected) in the Lego section. Games running thin - only Pirate Code (hadn't seen it there until a week ago), Magicus, the robot one & one of the pyramid shaped games left. The cheap one I think. No sets marked down.

Also went to the police station, but they didn't have my keys.

I see fishpond.com.au has the Harry Potter sets for sale, at small discounts, to ship in '8-15 days'.

Thanks for that but those prices aren't actual discounts, they're all still above RRP, they just grossly inflate the 'normal' price.

Hopefully it means we should be seeing them in stores within two weeks though.

The K-mart clearance items (those that are left) have gone another round. Checked Logan Central to see what was left

Farm (7637) - now $55, 3 left

Tie Defender (8087) - now $45, 6 left

Midi-scale MF (7778) - now $28, 20+ left

Army Men (7595) - now $11, 6 or more left, didn't count TS

Construct-a-Zurg (7591) - now $18?

Buzz's Star Command (7593) - can't remember (sorry, really didn't pay attention to the TS stuff this time), would $28 sound right?

And not marked with a clearance sticker, but still possibly noteworthy, a Police Station (7744) marked at $70. Already have one, so didn't look too hard to see if any issues, but if not, seemed a good price.

Thanks for that but those prices aren't actual discounts, they're all still above RRP, they just grossly inflate the 'normal' price.

Hopefully it means we should be seeing them in stores within two weeks though.

I agree it is always a good idea to check fishpond's prices against other retailers - see here for an example.

On that comparison, the prices for Hagrid's Hut and The Burrow seem quite OK, especially as shipping is free.

You can get very good bargains at fishpond (I got a Venator for $90 there recently), but their regular prices do move around a bit, and some are quite over the top, so best to check.

Anyone seen any good deals on the combine harvester?

Kmart had these on clearance last Christmas (made a nice Kris Kringle present for my brother) and BigW had them clearances recently, I got myself one for $25. But good luck seeing one at retail, I think these might have sold out now.

Is any Aussie prepared to Trade Series 2 figs with me? I have one each of the Singer Chick (with both mics) Mexican (with all 3 shakers) Pharaoh, Beach Babe and Witch.

I would like 1 each of the Cop, Explorer, Weightlifter, Ski Dude, Disco Stu and the Surfer.

Edited by Cutlass Iz

Target have 10-30% off all toys this week.

Lego, it seems, comes under the "10%" banner. Still, it's better than nothing, considering Helensvale (Gold Coast, Qld) had the full range of Kingdom/knights (except advents and jester), World Racers, a bunch of different games, and absolute sh*tloads of Series 2 minifigs (at least 10 boxes, all opened).

Anyone seen any good deals on the combine harvester?

Only place I've seen any recently is 2x at David Jones Robina (Gold Coast). They were on the "20% off" table, but didn't have price tags on.

Is any Aussie prepared to Trade Series 2 figs with me? I have the Singer Chick (2 mics) Mexican (3 shakers) Pharaoh, Beach Babe and Witch.

I would like any of the Cop, Explorer, Weightlifter, Ski Dude, Disco Stu and the Surfer.

I have 2 spare Cops, and I'd love to swap them for a Singer and a Mexican. PM me...

Got my S2 minifigs today!! Yay! Target at Parramatta had a few boxes, so I gladly pillaged them. Target also have 10% - 30% off selected Lego and the figs fell into this category. I picked them up for $3.37ea.

Hey All,

Here's a thought, why not start a new thread if your wishing to swap Series 2 mini-figures?

It's not really appropriate in the Aussie Sales threat......

Every country would probably have a thread for swapping S2 Minifigs hehe

Hey All,

Here's a thought, why not start a new thread if your wishing to swap Series 2 mini-figures?

It's not really appropriate in the Aussie Sales threat......

Well given that one of the 'not really appropriate' posts was replied to by the Root Admin without a problem it appears there may be a range of opinions on that. :wink:

Mine is that since it's probably not worth the postage for Aussies to trade overseas, and we already have an Aussie specific thread whose contents are time sensitive so few will be trawling through the older posts, it's probably as appropriate as starting an Aussie trade thread. It is IMHO far more appropriate than meta moderation comments, because if you have a problem you could just report it and not spam up the thread.

Well given that one of the 'not really appropriate' posts was replied to by the Root Admin without a problem it appears there may be a range of opinions on that. :wink:

Mine is that since it's probably not worth the postage for Aussies to trade overseas, and we already have an Aussie specific thread whose contents are time sensitive so few will be trawling through the older posts, it's probably as appropriate as starting an Aussie trade thread. It is IMHO far more appropriate than meta moderation comments, because if you have a problem you could just report it and not spam up the thread.

Yep! Also in this thread the 6 or 7 posts aren't really clogging it up.

OK, so some sales news. Toyworld in Adelaide (Myer Centre) have 40% off a bunch of toy story sets including the western one. No sign of series two figs anywhere in the city.

Edited by hewman

" Mine is that since it's probably not worth the postage for Aussies to trade overseas, and we already have an Aussie specific thread whose contents are time sensitive so few will be trawling through the older posts, it's probably as appropriate as starting an Aussie trade thread. It is IMHO far more appropriate than meta moderation comments, because if you have a problem you could just report it and not spam up the thread.

"

So what your saying is that everyone mentioning what they have and want to trade for Series 2 mini-figures doesn't Spam up the "Aussies Sales" thread?

But im Spaming up the thread.

Well let me apologise Sir "peterab" for the Spam, at least hewman is providing the "Aussie Sales" thread relavent informtion for what it was intended for......

Edited by Clone-Trooper

Personally I don't want to read about what minifigure someone has extra and wants to trade. I have to trawl through all this useless information to find out what Sales are on around the Country. Makes it harder to refer back to older sales and information as well.

Hey All,

It's not really appropriate in the Aussie Sales thread...

No that is a dumb thought!

How many countrys in the world do sell LEGO? Double that amount. That is how many threads it could be in here.

Does that sounds like a clever idea?

The reason for this thread was for all you Aussie/Kiwis to share information.

If there is a few posts about trading figs, just scroll past those and ignore them.

There might be several persons that finds those trades really useful.