Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Just a heads up - the A-Wing, Phantom, Landspeeder and Desert Skiff will NOT be coming to Australian stores.

Only Yoda's Interceptor and Duel on Naboo will be released at retail this month.

55 minutes ago, wesker said:

Just a heads up - the A-Wing, Phantom, Landspeeder and Desert Skiff will NOT be coming to Australian stores.

Only Yoda's Interceptor and Duel on Naboo will be released at retail this month.

Not at all? Is there a reason for this? That's really annoying. I don't mind waiting at all but it is not good if they don't even get released

They will, but just not the Phantom, as that's a Rebels set, and Rebels sets have been shown not to come here at all, the others will be store exclusives later in the year.

If you want the Batman CMFs, grab em when you see em, they seem to be disappearing fast.

For those in Brisbane, Mr Toys Indooropilly has the most stock left of any store I have visited recently. Although there is also some left at Mr Toys Loganholme (or was when I was there)

The "new for January" sets are also appearing in stores (so far I have seen Moana, Friends, City and Nexo Knights in various places around Brisbane. Oh and I saw the Sydney Skyline set at a few Mr Toys stores.

Oh and MYER has a 20% off sale this weekend (excludes Minifigures though). Good opportunity to pick up the new stuff (City, Friends, Nexo, Star Wars, whatever) on discount. Also I have seen Big Ben, Brick Bank, Detective's Office, Porsche, Caterham and Slave 1 at various MYER stores in my travels so it might be worth looking there if you are after any of those.

On 09/01/2017 at 1:40 PM, Darth Malgus said:

I'd be interested too.

Could have far reaching implications for how people shop.

Due to someone posting my previous posts on here on various Lego blogs about retail outlet stock, I don't feel comfortable with mentioning where my source works at.

17 minutes ago, joeygunns said:

Due to someone posting my previous posts on here on various Lego blogs about retail outlet stock, I don't feel comfortable with mentioning where my source works at.

I feel like your statement becomes baseless then.

Its an un substantiated claim without qualification.

If your concerned about taking something from a public forum and reposting it on another social media page perhaps saying nothing is best. 

It is basically 'clickbait'.

Perhaps its best if you say 'big chain' or small independent store, something more substantial.

38 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

I feel like your statement becomes baseless then.

Its an un substantiated claim without qualification.

If your concerned about taking something from a public forum and reposting it on another social media page perhaps saying nothing is best. 

It is basically 'clickbait'.

Perhaps its best if you say 'big chain' or small independent store, something more substantial.

Please do not take that tone with me.

I will no longer be commenting on this topic anymore.

2 hours ago, joeygunns said:

Please do not take that tone with me.

I will no longer be commenting on this topic anymore.

I didn't take a tone, I offered an opinion that your original post was rather pointless.

If you find a tone in my post apologies, if I get a notification of a reply that says plainly 'I'm not going to say how I know that this is occuring' your original statement becomes baseless as there is no burden of proof.  It becomes a waste to tag/reply to say nothing at all, there was no value being added. Effectively you are asking us to believe you out of pure convenience.

I offered some constructive suggestions at the end.

I was not trying to offend.

Umm okay... Not to digress too much, but isn't this whole topic filled with semi-unsubstantiated claims? I trust that what people say is on sale, is genuine and true. Often the info isn't backed up either.

Anyway, today I saw at Myer they have $15 off for every $75 purchase. No dates or specifics given on how long the promo lasts.
I was trying to get more Batman minifigs (with the aid of gift card), but was surprised to see that 3 boxes had sold out since the weekend! I did not expect them to sell out so fast at $5.95 each. So I went to Kmart instead, who had plenty of them for $5. Is this how much your Kmart sells them for?

9 hours ago, slopemodified said:

Umm okay... Not to digress too much, but isn't this whole topic filled with semi-unsubstantiated claims? I trust that what people say is on sale, is genuine and true. Often the info isn't backed up either.

Anyway, today I saw at Myer they have $15 off for every $75 purchase. No dates or specifics given on how long the promo lasts.
I was trying to get more Batman minifigs (with the aid of gift card), but was surprised to see that 3 boxes had sold out since the weekend! I did not expect them to sell out so fast at $5.95 each. So I went to Kmart instead, who had plenty of them for $5. Is this how much your Kmart sells them for?

Myer offer ends 29/1, and excludes minifigs.

Most semi-unsubstantiated claims in here give useful information. Unlike "an unnamed retailer is struggling to sell large sets outside of sales, so they will be selling less Lego in future, won't tell who though"

1 hour ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

Has anybody physcially seen LEGO 76067 Marvel Super Heroes Tanker Truck Takedown in a TRU store? 

Yeah, plenty of times, TRU Maroochydore.

On 1/20/2017 at 10:04 PM, monkles said:

Is there anywhere in the country with a PAB wall?

Try Toy Corner in the north east :grin:

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

The LEGO store at Dreamworld opens this weekend:

https://www.dreamworld.com.au/things-to-do/lego

And after recent events I guess they needed something to bring back the customers. I'm very surprised it wasn't built at Movieworld or Seaworld ?

The Dreamworld LEGO store was announced (and under construction) long before the accident happened.

On 1/20/2017 at 8:38 PM, jonwil said:

MYER is running 25% off this weekend (excluding minifigures)

It was actually 32.5% if you combined it with a 10% off coupon code. Which I didn't find out until after. :sick:

Got to go to an AFOL special preview of the Dreamworld LEGO store last night and it is great.

Spent $30 on a large PaB cup and $20 on 3x minifigs (head/torso/legs/headgear/accessory)

Grand opening set for Saturday will be http://brickset.com/sets/40145-1/LEGO-Brand-Retail-Store and you need to spend $200 to get one.

Quite a few things there that you cant get anywhere else (if $20 for that mini London Bus from last year floats your boat, they have that :) not to mention all the things that are otherwise only available as retail exclusives (GHBQ anyone? VW Beetle? Disney Castle? Winter Train Set? Tanker Truck Takedown? Doctor Strange's Sanctum? Batman: Rescue from Ra's al Ghul?)

Maybe someone going to the LEGO store tomorrow can ask the staff whether the Rebels sets will or wont be in the store and see what they say.

That or someone with contacts (local Ambassador maybe) could contact LEGO and ask at the top why the Rebels sets dont get sold in Australia.

5 hours ago, Brickus said:

Does anyone know if the Dreamworld LEGO store has the new Brick Calendar?

I didn't see this one in store when I was there.