Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Towers Target had heaps of everything, nothing new except bike shop(@ $79) and other creator stuff. Yay got my ewok villiage layby'd.

Target Newton had the villages and R2;s out front with staff walking around as storm troopers and Jedi knights :laugh: .......about 9 of each left right now......especially after I put a village on Christmas layby just in case my son wants it. :wink:

My Target at Robina had about the same number of Ewok Villages and R2D2s. Seems they stocked up quite a bit for this sale!

Amazon have the new Star War sets available for pre-order ship date 1/8.

Example: The new ISD 75055 is AUD $150 shipped - 25% discount.

Amazon have the new Star War sets available for pre-order ship date 1/8.

Example: The new ISD 75055 is AUD $150 shipped - 25% discount.

Thanks for the heads up but wrong thread

Checked my local Target today, and they had HEAPS of EV's and R2's, but unfortunately most of them had an electronic tag and wire wrapped around them.

Also Myer now have an album for all the LEGO Movie cards they have been giving away with purchases.

Has anyone ever ordered from Shopforme before, what are their shipping times like? I'm in QLD.

Yeah not as bad as the Ewok Village, which is also $200 in the States.

I think it's actually $249US, but SW always gets a special extra markup, it seems...hence the ridiculous AUD RRP.

I think it's actually $249US, but SW always gets a special extra markup, it seems...hence the ridiculous AUD RRP.

Sorry must be another, the Simpsons house I think.

Does anyone have anyidea how much the new Hobbit set - Lonley mountain and Smaug - will be in Aus?

The US price is $129.99

Does anyone have anyidea how much the new Hobbit set - Lonley mountain and Smaug - will be in Aus?

The US price is $129.99

My idea is $200 max. For a while, (but briefly recently we enjoyed better prices with a high dollar) US to AU price conversions were roughly 11/7 or 3/2. These work out to @200. So, maybe 170 or 180 if we are lucky. (I can't remember ever seeing a set at $190.)

Has anyone ever ordered from Shopforme before, what are their shipping times like? I'm in QLD.

Whilst not 'just round the corner', shopforme are close enough that I've gone with in-store pick up on the couple of smaller orders I've place with them, but I did once take advantage of their free shipping option during a 'Blitzathon'. Looking at my records, I placed the order late at night on a Friday and received a shipping confirmation email from them the following Tuesday. They used AusPost, so you'd then need to allow however long it usually takes AusPost to deliver something to you that's coming from Melbourne. Hope this helps?

any sign of GotG yet?

Speaking of shopforme, they currently have the 3 GotG sets advertised at 20% off. Seems like we're not supposed to discuss Amazon deals in this thread, but as it's in context, hopefully I'll get away with it :wink:; due to the huge mark-up from USD for this theme (2 of the 3 sets are half the price in the US!!!), I picked up Knowhere Escape Mission (along with the new X-Men set) in their recent BOGO 40% off deal, with the discount pretty much off-setting the shipping cost. Even without that deal, and taking advantage of our relatively frequent 20% off options, it still appears to be cheaper in the US, so you may want to consider shopping around a bit before succumbing to the dodgy marked up prices we're expected to blindly accept and pay over here. :hmpf_bad:

shipping times are great im In South Aus & got mine 4 days after i placed my order. Placed order on Monday & it arrived on Friday

Edited by SnapLock

Also Myer now have an album for all the LEGO Movie cards they have been giving away with purchases.

Thanks for the tip...got mine today, along with 8 more cards, but it's now highlighting exactly what I'm missing, and making me want to complete the full set!

It's probably the wrong thread to ask this, but I don't suppose anyone has any they'd be willing to trade/give away? If you do, could you please send me a PM? Thanks!

Ewok Village at Target?!?!? I thought it's exclusive to LEGO shops. Wow, this will be difficult to resist.

Ewok Village at Target?!?!? I thought it's exclusive to LEGO shops. Wow, this will be difficult to resist.

Well, you better not wait too long to buy it.......I did see Target Edwardstown with at least a dozen or more stacked up......but that was Thursday last week.

Well, you better not wait too long to buy it.......I did see Target Edwardstown with at least a dozen or more stacked up......but that was Thursday last week.

Seems to be plenty around, $309 is nothing to chuff at even if it is discounted

I had a quick look in a BigW I don't normally visit yesterday (Seaford, SA), and they had the UCS B-Wing on clearance for $150 from $298. It looked like they were keeping the sets out the back instead of on the shelf so I have no idea how many were left (if any). If you're desperate for the set it might be worth a quick phone call to your closest BigW.

Built the EW over the weekend with help from my 6 year old. I have to say that this is one of the sets where the whole thing really comes together beautifully at the end and this mother is huge. There were some particularly fiddly bits (eg the handrails and suspension bridge), but overall the build was very satisfying and cleverly put together. With minimal adjustment it could be a great Elvish treetop village or Islander/Cannibal hangout etc etc. If you simply want to do a scene with a lot of trees/foilage this would be a great set to buy, sell the minfigs and treat as a mega parts-pack as it is literally full of nice earthy browns and sand colours plus tons of leaves/fronds.

Now I just need the Moss Eisley set to show up and then I'll be good with regards to Lego at least until the Hobbit sets show up later in the year.

EDIT: Apparently Toys R US has 20% off all full priced toys this weekend.

Edited by TeufelHund