Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Outer Rim Trading Co has discounts on Cars, some Superheroes, some Star Wars and some others - and, for the next couple of days, a 'State of Origin' free-shipping deal to New South Wales. Makes for some decent local deals.

Myer, BigW, Target and Kmart all start over the next few weeks.

Target Toy Sale catalogue will be online from midnight tonight, the sale starts 21 June for three weeks.

BigW Toy Sale starts June 28. Kmart's sale is normally on at the same time, but their website doesn't say anything as yet.

I'm hoping they put some decent discounts on, though my bank balance doesn't.

Just picked up the Orc Forge set from BigW, so it's not a target exclusive after all. It seems a bit expensive at $64, so maybe it's worth holding out for the sale they're advertising at the BigW entrance...

Nice :-)

Not so long ago the shipping used to be a lot less from European Amazons. About 20-25 euro or so. But even with the now current higher shipping you still end up way ahead of Aus prices as youve discovered :-)

This seems to keep happening, so just another reminder that all discussion about purchases from online retailers OS should be posted in the appropriate forum thread. I think we've been warned many times by mods about this...

Just picked up the Orc Forge set from BigW, so it's not a target exclusive after all. It seems a bit expensive at $64, so maybe it's worth holding out for the sale they're advertising at the BigW entrance...

Thanks for the news 'Whup', but I won't hold my breath for a special sales price. BigW on their exclusives I have noticed aren't discounted that often if at all. So I would say 64 bucks is the best we might expect sorry to say.

This seems to keep happening, so just another reminder that all discussion about purchases from online retailers OS should be posted in the appropriate forum thread. I think we've been warned many times by mods about this...

For newbies, that thread is here - and well worth keeping on eye on.

Hi! Newbie here!

Just thought I'd let other Aussie fans know I just picked up the 10188 Death Star from Amazon Italy for $430 ish including shipping. Remember that they deduct the tax when you order outside the EU... But the best part is that I ordered and paid on Monday and received it, impeccably packed, on Friday. Am gobsmacked! If you were holding out for a deal on this set, this is it! (I know for other regions this might not seem like such a great deal, but considering it retails here for over $600, and even good deal from the states include $100+ shipping, it's definitely worth it!)

What was the Shipping cost in that .

Great deal by the way.

I just picked up the Tower bridge for about $280 aus shipped to Brisbane from Amazon US (Is currently $399 at Myers) . Couple of days ago I got the Fire Station and the Grand Emporium for $367 shipped as well.

Yes! Seriously. Yes. That $430 INCLUDES shipping. So, was about 270 something euros for the actual set, minus tax, then about 80 euros for shipping.

Nice :-)

Not so long ago the shipping used to be a lot less from European Amazons. About 20-25 euro or so. But even with the now current higher shipping you still end up way ahead of Aus prices as youve discovered :-)

As others have said this kind of stuff belongs here.

I will be moving these posts.

I have made some subtle changes to make the purpose of this topic more clear.

Target Toy Sale site is updated.

Online sale starts at 6pm on 20-06-2012

20% off all full priced Lego

$79 for the Forest Police Station

$159 for Jabba's Palace

What other interesting items did you see?

Edited by hiroki

$199 R2D2 at target is what im after (front page)

big w is out too... very cheap jabba's palace, and SSD

does anyone know if they Death Star will be on sale somewhere?

Edited by glendo

Is it just me, or are others a little disappointed in these sales, its basically just 20% off and the same sale prices as usual.

There are a few at around the 30% I guess (that's fairly common at Myer though), might grab some duplicates of the vehicle sets at 33%, and the seaside house at 36% might be good for light blue pieces.

Will have to stash Olivia's House at 35% off for my daughter's chritmas present I think (if she can wait that long since I've already told her I'd get it)

Its good to see that BigW has the Dino range in, but they are at retail price so not on sale.

I'll have to wait until KMart releases their catalogue before I decide where my money is to go.

Kmart starts on the 28th of June, catalogue will be online 21st of June. :grin:

Target are starting a few hours early on the 20th from 6pm - VIP night. :grin:

Edit - BigW has the City Helicopter Rescue listed for 63 dollars ! *oh2*

My goodness a genuine bargain from BigW ! *oh2*

Edited by lightningtiger

Indeed, a genuine bargain! I will be picking that one up for sure!

The Helms Deep pricing in the Big W catalog seems to be the best available price right now, better than what MYER has it at.

And they seem to have learned from the Imperial Shuttle last year and are offering a $200 discount on the SSD.

And yes I may also be tempted by the Helicopter Rescue at that price (its probably the biggest discount we will see on that set for a few months at least)

Who is selling Olivia's House at 35% off?

And whats the best discount on the Creator beach house?

Anyone got a local release date for the next wave of Friends? (riding stable etc)

Big W has the seaside Creator house for $38 which seems like a good deal to me, retail is $60. Plus they have all those $30 City vehicles for $20. I'm sure they'll sell out of the desert skiff at $35 very quickly too.

For those into Ninjago, I noticed Target had one exclusive set and are the first to stock a couple others like the mecha set.

Its normally $74 so its pretty cheap to start with.

Its 425 pieces that set.

The usual Big W price is actually already lower than the Aus RRP which according to Brickipedia is $89.99. The US RRP is $60.

So yep - very good price for Aus.

The Helms Deep pricing in the Big W catalog seems to be the best available price right now, better than what MYER has it at.

And they seem to have learned from the Imperial Shuttle last year and are offering a $200 discount on the SSD.

And yes I may also be tempted by the Helicopter Rescue at that price (its probably the biggest discount we will see on that set for a few months at least)

Who is selling Olivia's House at 35% off?

And whats the best discount on the Creator beach house?

Anyone got a local release date for the next wave of Friends? (riding stable etc)

Jonwil,

BigW have Olivia's House for $78. RRP is $120 so that's 35% off, and their normal prices is less than Target's 20% off sale price!

$199 R2D2 at target is what im after (front page)

big w is out too... very cheap jabba's palace, and SSD

does anyone know if they Death Star will be on sale somewhere?

The death star will be at toyworld in october I belive, although it is at full price $699 (good luck to them) :hmpf_bad:

Its normally $74 so its pretty cheap to start with.

There was at least a dozen of these helicopter rescue sets at 74 bucks at BigW on Goodwood Road, I should check the ad again to see if it said 10 dollars off or is it a misprint ? :sceptic: