Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Hope you managed to order some at that price.............

Certainly did, 2 of them. but let's hope they ship..

Edited by Ouchkabibbles

I'm talking about local pricing. You can't really compare to prices from the States. How is $225 any better when I can get it from shopforme for $5 more and walkin store and get it today?

Well firstly, that particular seller is charging too much for shipping. If you find a seller who charges actual shipping cost, it should be barely $60, not $70. Secondly, if you're patient and wait for the exchange rate to improve, you could possibly pick it up for $10 less again. Unless there is a rush to get this set (and let's face it, you're not in a rush because it was released nearly 2 years ago), then you will save more by buying overseas.

Wow... sadly sold out now, I wish I had seen this earlier, that is an awesome price.

Over an hour and it still hasn't appeared in my orders list on the site. Doesn't look hopeful. I Guess I should have processed my order faster instead of continuing my stroll through the site looking for other markdowns.

Over an hour and it still hasn't appeared in my orders list on the site. Doesn't look hopeful. I Guess I should have processed my order faster instead of continuing my stroll through the site looking for other markdowns.

I did ring my husband to check the local BigW stores.... just in case. On the online checker thing, one said no stock and one said low stock (which usually means no stock). But I am an optimist and hopefully he finds one.

I hope your order does go through.

Edit: we rang 2 stores and checked 2 other stores and they had no stock left in store (although one store's computer indicated it still had one, but it was not to be found). Although they did say the price was for online only as their computer was indicating that it was discontinued stock, but for sale for $98.

Edited by lorax

Thanks a lot. Their price for the both those items is pretty impressive, particularly the Imperial Flagship.

I recently bought the IF and the UCS Shuttle for $425 total......that must be really impressive ;) ;)

The Kings Castle price at BigW is fantastic! My locals are saying low stock and that almost always means no stock....hope someone else is lucky!

I recently bought the IF and the UCS Shuttle for $425 total......that must be really impressive ;) ;)

The Kings Castle price at BigW is fantastic! My locals are saying low stock and that almost always means no stock....hope someone else is lucky!

Guys, the price is a mistake. The $58 refers to the Kingdoms Prison Tower Rescue (7947), which is normally $88. The product SKU for 7946 (Castle) is actually the SKU for 7947. It's a mix up. I went down to Big W in person and verified this. So if you ring them up over the phone and they tell you they have stock of Castle and it's $58, don't bother - when you get there you'll find it's actually the Tower. Too bad.

Edited by MrZ

Guys, the price is a mistake. The $58 refers to the Kingdoms Prison Tower Rescue (7947), which is normally $88. The product SKU for 7946 (Castle) is actually the SKU for 7947. It's a mix up. I went down to Big W in person and verified this. So if you ring them up over the phone and they tell you they have stock of Castle and it's $58, don't bother - when you get there you'll find it's actually the Tower. Too bad.

That makes sense why the price was higher when they checked their computer based on set number (and why one store showed the set when searching on SKU, but couldn't find the set on the shelf based on my description.

I am not sure if this off topic or not but the various poly bag sets that exist. Do they ever appear for sale in Aussie stores?

I am not sure if this off topic or not but the various poly bag sets that exist. Do they ever appear for sale in Aussie stores?

Toy Corner does and I think BTTW do too. :wink:

Oh, by the way if those who missed on the big space shuttle that Kmart had as a mid-year toy sale exclusive....they now belong to Toyworld at 159 bucks....but not all Toyworld's will be stocking them (I believe they will headline a big pre-Christmas catalogue sale.)! :classic:

Wow, that is impressive, show off! :P

Price hunting is one of those things that can become a false economy - you may spend hours and hours to find the cheapest price that usually is only a matter of a few dollars lower than the next cheapest price that didn't take so long to find - I'm not talking about not bargain hunting, but 'number one best price' hunting. For me personally, that search is part of the fun, but if I had to translate those hours into my normal working $ rate, I get totally ripped off on every set I buy!

Still showing as $58 on thew page this morning. If you are in a store that has stock I'd load it up on an iphone or similar and demand it at that price.

Still showing as $58 on thew page this morning. If you are in a store that has stock I'd load it up on an iphone or similar and demand it at that price.

If I didn't already own it I would try this. The web site has advatised this price so they may hold up their end of the bargin and let you buy it for this price. The worst they can say is NO.

That's a pretty dorky thing to do. It's already confirmed as a mistake. If you walked into the store ignorant of this forum I might understand.

I used to work in retail. While there is a responsibility on the company/management's part to makre sure the shelf prices correspond to the computer's, mistakes happen and you get pretty tired of having to deal with people "demanding" they get a few dollars off. You could at least sound more polite about it. And people wonder why retail is full of teens with a perceived "bad attitude."

Not to mention the online store is a different department to retail, and I'm sure legally speaking they're entirely seperate - so good luck with that little stunt.

Edited by Kha-khees

That's a pretty dorky thing to do. It's already confirmed as a mistake. If you walked into the store ignorant of this forum I might understand.

I used to work in retail. While there is a responsibility on the company/management's part to makre sure the shelf prices correspond to the computer's, mistakes happen and you get pretty tired of having to deal with people "demanding" they get a few dollars off. You could at least sound more polite about it. And people wonder why retail is full of teens with a perceived "bad attitude."

Not to mention the online store is a different department to retail, and I'm sure legally speaking they're entirely seperate - so good luck with that little stunt.

Use of the word demand in my post doesn't denote in the slightest how the conversation would play out so please refrain from calling other posters "ignorant".

I think your definition of 'full price' and the TRU one might differ slightly. You're welcome to try, but I'd wager minifigs will still be 3 for $10, the only change will be that they're $4 each individually.

Edited by qvack

I think your definition of 'full price' and the TRU one might differ slightly. You're welcome to try, but I'd wager minifigs will still be 3 for $10, the only change will be that they're $4 each individually.

I think $3.99 is the toys r us full price for the minifigs (that is how much we have always paid there (except when they are 3 for $10). But I agree, I wouldn't put money on getting the minifigs for 20% off the 3 for $10 price) (Although, if you do, post, because I will be in there within 20 minutes :laugh: .

I am thinking about the public transport set from toy r us (but I am always thinking of that one, it just seems just that little bit dear for what it is).

"20% Off" is the new Aus Lego RRP! :tongue:

it sure is, every second weekend someone has 20% off, this week it's TRU and Target, guess that's the way to get people spending what with all the talk about people holding onto their cash and retail not doing great this year. Peronsally my wallet can't keep up with these sales :cry_sad:

You're probably right. All ok tho as I have S2-5 covered. Now if they dug up a box of S1 minifigs @ 20% off…