Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

I guess it all depends on if they have signed up to Australian scanning code of conduct.

I cant speak for DJ's but where i work we have to strictly adhere and if not then boy are the fines nice for someone.

www.ara.com.au/asi/scanning_code.pdf

3. THE ITEM-FREE AND MULTIPLE PURCHASES POLICIES

3.1 If the scanned price of an item is higher than the shelf price or other

displayed price, the customer shall be entitled to that item free.

3.2 Where multiple items bearing identical bar codes are purchased and scan

at a price higher than the shelf price or other displayed price, the

customer shall be entitled to the first item free and the others at the

lower (that is, displayed) price.

3.3 Where a difference between a shelf or displayed price and the item price

file is identified, the discrepancy will be remedied immediately by the store.

Actually just read some fair trading stuff and they are well within their rights to withdraw the item from sale, but it is illegal to sell the item at the higher price when the lower price is displayed. So what they are doing is correct. Damn!

I wouldn't get too excited about this...I have already heard of two people being told they can't buy it at that price..... It scans at full RRP and their standard line seems to be "Sorry we can't sell it to you as there is a price discrepancy so it has to be withdrawn from sale".

Going to try at my local store tomorrow anyway but I don't like my chances. Although AFAIK if it is marked at that price then realistically they should sell it to you at that price (It's not a sticker for a different set or anything, the price sticker that says $49.95 clearly shows the correct set number).

Try having a look at the ACCC website and seeing if it says anything there about price marking. I'm pretty sure that DJ's would have to honour the labelled price, but I could be wrong...

Does anyone know of an AU release date or RRP for the NinjaGo Blacksmith Shop set? (and who is getting it if its an exclusive)

All I can say is wait a few months and it will be released, and it's a non-exclusive item (at least for the independants). RRP is under $40

I wouldn't get too excited about this...I have already heard of two people being told they can't buy it at that price..... It scans at full RRP and their standard line seems to be "Sorry we can't sell it to you as there is a price discrepancy so it has to be withdrawn from sale".

If anyone from DJ's pulls that line on you ask to speak to the manager. They are obligated to sell the item at the incorrect price or be in breach of the scanning code of practice. DJ's can certainly withdraw the item from sale after the discrepancy has been identified to correct the mistake, but not before your transaction. They have offered a product at a price, you have accepted that price, you have a contract of sale.

I managed to get all 4 of the new castle sets at my local Toyworld today.. The owner of the store said that these castle sets are a Toyworld exclusive.. has anyone else heard of this. or can confirm it... It seems weird to me because up until now the castle range has been available to every store.

Edited by dyntar

I managed to get all 4 of the new castle sets at my local Toyworld today.. The owner of the store said that these castle sets are a Toyworld exclusive.. has anyone else heard of this. or can confirm it... It seems weird to me because up until now the castle range has been available to every store.

Hi, if you go back a little in the forums this has been brought up. If anything Toyworld has an early release exclusive on these last 4 Kingdoms products. Normal release is a little later in the year for everyone else.

As far as I know they will be exclusive to Toyworld for a month or two and then more widely available. I got the cheapest two sets as even if I wait to get them from a 20% off sale or order overseas the savings won't be too great, whereas I felt for the two larger sets it was worth waiting as the savings will be more substantial.

I do not think this has been reported before but some of the architecture sets ( e.g. Rockafeller centre, Guggenhein,and Seattle space needle) are available at the National Gallery Victoria Shop on St Kilda Road.

I do not think this has been reported before but some of the architecture sets ( e.g. Rockafeller centre, Guggenhein,and Seattle space needle) are available at the National Gallery Victoria Shop on St Kilda Road.

Ooh, cool! Another good reason for me to visit NGV in the near future. :classic: Did you happen to see any prices?

I also saw all the architechture sets available on the Australian LEGO S@H site for the first time too just the other day. This might be old news though... :sceptic:

Edited by Outer Rim Trading Co.

They are for the AAFOLs: Adult Architect Fans Of LEGO!

That's good news. I actually have a few making their way from B&N, courtesy of their 30% discount, but they didn't have Farnsworth House so I wouldn't mind picking it up locally.

Anyone seen them in a similar art gallery shop in Sydney?

Edited by dotmike

bn.com have the 'Farnsworth House' now. No 30% off coupon anymore but would it still be cheaper than buying it locally?

Just picked up the x wing from toyrus, 50 and got a free darth vadar key chain :sweet:

No sales on the new star wars sets.

Star Wars sets are starting to filter though into Kmart's but the pricing about the same as Target. (Ingle Farm and Firle)

Keep on looking ! :grin:

Star Wars sets are starting to filter though into Kmart's but the pricing about the same as Target. (Ingle Farm and Firle)

Keep on looking ! :grin:

Saw Dathomir Speeder / Sith Nightspeeder at K-Mart on Saturday. $49, as expected. No other new SW sets there.

Got Pod Racer today from TrUs with 20% off voucher from here. Great set great minifigs. Worth getting to add to our, massive SW and HP collection. Have new MF which I got from DJ's at 20% off. Got ewok attack from Myer at 25% off but that was all Myer had in Newcastle. So I had to get the other sets from other stores. Have modded the MF up a fair a bit and added a hyperdrive similar to 4504 from bricklink parts.

Got Pod Racer today from TrUs with 20% off voucher from here. Great set great minifigs. Worth getting to add to our, massive SW and HP collection. Have new MF which I got from DJ's at 20% off. Got ewok attack from Myer at 25% off but that was all Myer had in Newcastle. So I had to get the other sets from other stores. Have modded the MF up a fair a bit and added a hyperdrive similar to 4504 from bricklink parts.

Got the podracers at DJs and finished building last night - such a fantastic set.

Two things.

One, it's total BS that the TRU's in the eastern states had Star Wars sets.....we in S.A. only had Ewok Attack....plus the stores didn't not when they comming ! :hmpf_bad: Perhaps when this state changes goverment, South Australia might get a bit more respect. Rant over. :blush:

Two, on a positive note Kmart Toy Sale catalogue will be available online on the 23th of June which might mean that big SW exclusive and the city sets make an appearance. :grin:

One, it's total BS that the TRU's in the eastern states had Star Wars sets.....we in S.A. only had Ewok Attack....plus the stores didn't not when they comming ! :hmpf_bad: Perhaps when this state changes goverment, South Australia might get a bit more respect. Rant over. :blush:

TRU had all the new SW sets in the Adelaide city store on Friday…

Two things.

One, it's total BS that the TRU's in the eastern states had Star Wars sets.....we in S.A. only had Ewok Attack....plus the stores didn't not when they coming ! :hmpf_bad: Perhaps when this state changes government, South Australia might get a bit more respect. Rant over. :blush:

Two, on a positive note Kmart Toy Sale catalogue will be available online on the 23th of June which might mean that big SW exclusive and the city sets make an appearance. :grin:

It's like that here in Newcastle, Some stores have them all, some only a few of the new SW sets. I went to DJ's right at the start of their 20% off sale on toys and they had all the sets. I had my wife with me and didn't want to go and buy $350 plus of lego with her there so I went back a few days later to get podracer and MF and all the podracers were gone and only 1 MF left. I was spewing at Myer at Charlestown as they had their 25% off sale and all they had was ewok attack. I rang every few days to see if they had MF and podracer and they didn't have it. Don't know if they are hiding it out the back but I don't think they would. You need these discounts as the sets are incredibly expensive. They are even too expensive when reduced compared with the US. Oh well keep working hard and doing a bit of overtime to pay for our expensive lego habit We have a whole room with SW and HP sets and there are $000's there on display. Scary but great fun collecting.

Does anyone know when the new HP sets will hit Aust stores.

Edited by cratra

I have no patience and haven't even been doing this for a year now - but going on history I'm sure all stores will be overloaded with kits in the next month or so. The ever-reliable Myer 20% + 10% sales will come and new kits can be bought at decent prices.

Then we'll be complaining that there's nothing new to buy at the great prices for the following 3 or 4 sales we'll see in between now and the next major releases. :laugh:

Don't bother asking employees of TRU about upcoming product, they never know whats comming, they just get whatever comes on the truck.

Ooh, cool! Another good reason for me to visit NGV in the near future. :classic: Did you happen to see any prices?

Sorry did not see any prices on them... Was just surprised to see them there

Went to the Lego exhibition at Fed square on the weekend. The art was nice ( though I have to admit I spend more time looking at the MUG MOCs:)) The sign said sold out but they had tickets ( apparently they often release new tickets near the end of a session). Also, the lego shop was a bit sad. They had the standard range at RRP (at least the few I looked at), and a couple of T-Shirts.....

So in the Lego Club catalogue they confirm Myer is getting the Tower Bridge, Kmart is getting the revamped Shuttle Expedition in July and Target are getting HP Diagon Alley.