Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2023 Leaks, Rumours, Speculation And Discussion

10 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

All of the summer sets are set to be released in June so, we will see all of these revealed when LEGO.com shows the images.

June in Europe or worldwide? 

I do like arctic and divers so I'm thrilled with the sets. 

12 minutes ago, Maple said:

June in Europe or worldwide? 

I do like arctic and divers so I'm thrilled with the sets. 

I'm afraid that these sets will release in June for the European Market only. 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

11 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I'm afraid that these sets will release in June for the European Market only. 

That's what I thought, but just checking. Makes no difference to me, I was just checking. The USA gets them normally in August.

36 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Well I have done some searching and. I can confirm the list is true,however some of the names were wrong. 

60391-Demolition Truck and Wrecking Ball

Hmm, if its not to expensive, this one might be great for my town.

34 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

All of the summer sets are set to be released in June so, we will see all of these revealed when LEGO.com shows the images.

They're being released on June in WHAT countries? I know the US won't get them until August given the patterns of the last three summer waves. It's always the good sets we've gotta wait for. 

1 minute ago, jus1973 said:

Hmm, if its not to expensive, this one might be great for my town.

You've got a town too! Nice! My town is always developing. 

3 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Well I have done some searching and. I can confirm the list is true,however some of the names were wrong. 

60364-(not sure of this)  Urban Roller Skates Park 

We might see a few more sets as all of these are not Retail Exclusives

Where did you find the names?

Given the box size and vendor code, it must be certain information. That's why the information seems to have been reflected in Stonewars.

1 hour ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

Has Lego City discontinued making future road-plates sets 

The flat ones LEGO used for decades. Yes.

New ones that connect better? No. 

7 minutes ago, Maple said:

The flat ones LEGO used for decades. Yes.

New ones that connect better? No. 

Oh good 

In general, even with the old style of road plates Lego generally would introduce a pack of them and keep that in circulation for several years before replacing them. I'd like to see the new road plate system developed further but the lack of a new dedicated pack of them so far this year doesn't really indicate much when last year's pack is still on shelves.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

In general, even with the old style of road plates Lego generally would introduce a pack of them and keep that in circulation for several years before replacing them. I'd like to see the new road plate system developed further but the lack of a new dedicated pack of them so far this year doesn't really indicate much when last year's pack is still on shelves.

I don't see the need for LEGO to release a new pack, the 'old' one is only 18 months old. Plus they are still in the building sets, we just have a lot less buildings this January then last January. Plus LEGO making the new two plate thick plates for the buildings just makes it more clear the new road plates are the direction they are going.

Edited by Maple

On 1/5/2023 at 1:06 PM, Maple said:

That's what I thought, but just checking. Makes no difference to me, I was just checking. The USA gets them normally in August.

We ( the USA ) got the farm and missions sets in June of last year, so we could see some sets get released in June

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

In the us, I had to resort to AMAZON to get the road plates set last year, was available NOWHERE (at least in Mississippi)

On 1/5/2023 at 12:30 PM, Powered by Bricks said:

60364-(not sure of this)  Urban Roller Skates Park 

We might see a few more sets as all of these are not Retail Exclusives

Sometimes leak names aren’t accurate, like for example, the friends sets from January had names like: mobile house-mobile tiny house, city center-downtown flower and design stores, dog life cart-dog rescue van, etc

44 minutes ago, LCP said:

The price of the 2023 Lego City summer set has been announced.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnLJJJcPoQA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

$200 for city center, I’m starting to get a bit worried when a similar Lego friends set was $160 this year 

That underwater exploration "ship" is probably similar size to the Diving Yacht of a few years ago (or the 2023 fire boat), which was a €20 set, but with some animal and underwater terrain included, can easily be a $30/€30 set like the 2020 submarine.

Now that 2023 submarine set however, seems like quite a high piece count, wonder how much of it is a Submarine, vs Terrain (City does do more side builds for trees etc this year for sure) vs underwater structure (sunken ship build for example), the last underwater base was probably very succesful as it retired later then the other 2020 sets, and 2015 Divers did have a larger sunken ship, wonder what Dive suit it will use, 2020 had new helmets for the red divers and used atlantis/spacesuit helms for the deeper suits.

Edited by TeriXeri

Are 60369 to 60375 going to be all Arctic and then just 3 underwater sets? I wonder if we get a lot of new molds with Arctic then Divers. Some new winter pieces used for the ski shop and the Winter Village?

Edited by Maple

4 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Now that 2023 submarine set however, seems like quite a high piece count, wonder how much of it is a Submarine, vs Terrain (City does do more side builds for trees etc this year for sure) vs underwater structure (sunken ship build for example), the last underwater base was probably very succesful as it retired later then the other 2020 sets, and 2015 Divers did have a larger sunken ship, wonder what Dive suit it will use, 2020 had new helmets for the red divers and used atlantis/spacesuit helms for the deeper suits.

If the majority of that piece count goes to the sub, wouldn't that make it the largest City submarine of all time?

13 hours ago, LCP said:

The price of the 2023 Lego City summer set has been announced.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnLJJJcPoQA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

To be released in June internationally and in August in the states. :laugh:

Jk! I dunno when they'll be released in the US. I just made the joke because it seems like we never get the good sets until August. 

Edited by Poodabricks

9 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

That underwater exploration "ship" is probably similar size to the Diving Yacht of a few years ago (or the 2023 fire boat), which was a €20 set, but with some animal and underwater terrain included, can easily be a $30/€30 set like the 2020 submarine.

Looking at these new exploration sets, I'm thinking that this 30€ ship will be a smaller version of the 2015 ship (using a new mould) and a small submarine and animals. As for the submarine, this one may be slightly bigger than the previous ones but with a small underwater base and/or a big exploration area. 

Just speculating. 

Come to think of it, could the passenger plane actually be mistaken for a cargo plane? Considering we have not got a cargo plane in so long 

11 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

If the majority of that piece count goes to the sub, wouldn't that make it the largest City submarine of all time?

It could be, but it might as well have a large terrain / shipwreck build (more likely then a Base since the 2015 and 2020 were particularly named Ocean "Base" sets, and even then the 2015 base was again split with a large seaplane)

2015 "Ocean Exploration Vessel" set had this quite large shipwreck.

60095_alt5.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

Honestly it's about time we got a decent sized submarine.  I can't wait to see how that turns out.  I always wanted a large Penguin sub from Batman but it never came, this will be for sure a day one pickup for me. 

Forget the ships! I'm interested in the new housing development that supposed to take place in Lego City this summer. :classic: Which speaking of, I know the apartment building and house w/car may not be exciting. But at least we have closure knowing that there is at least somewhere to live in the city. 

Edited by Poodabricks

3 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Forget the ships! I'm interested in the new housing development that supposed to take place in Lego City this summer. :classic: Which speaking of, I know the apartment building and house w/car may not be exciting. But at least we have closure knowing that there is at least somewhere to live in the city. 

Will be interesting to compare the Houses and more Downtown sets from 2023 City, Creator and Friends, as each theme gets at least one House set , and then both a rumored downtown City and 3-in-1 set , beside the already known downtown Friends set. 

Friends 

• 41730: Autumn's House (853 pc)
  • 41732: Downtown Flower and Design Stores (2010 pc)

Creator 3-in-1

• 31139: Cozy House (808 pc)
  • ??? Summer rumours 31141 - Main Street (1459 pc)

City

• 60365 - {? Apartment Building ?} (688 pc)
  • 60380 - {? Urban Centre ?} (2010 pc)
  • 60398 - {? Family House & Electric Car ?} (462 pc)

Edited by TeriXeri