MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

wish you could make polls on here, would love to get a general idea of how everyone is taking the news of the LAAT being a Coruscant version.

1 minute ago, Old Master said:

wish you could make polls on here, would love to get a general idea of how everyone is taking the news of the LAAT being a Coruscant version.

I’m definitely in a wait-and-see camp. If the color scheme and parts usage means we get the most beautiful LAAT ever then sure, I’m down. But if it’s a meh build then I’ll be upset we didn’t just get a generic color scheme 

Not elated as I don’t own a standard version but I figure I can still mod it. Very surprised that they would choose such an obscure variant… Although I know that it exists I don’t imagine many fans do.

1 minute ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

I’m definitely in a wait-and-see camp. If the color scheme and parts usage means we get the most beautiful LAAT ever then sure, I’m down. But if it’s a meh build then I’ll be upset we didn’t just get a generic color scheme 

yeah im in a similar boat, im stoked to see a completely different variant in addition to perhaps the most exciting minifig spread of the year. 

26 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I asked about the exact shape of the Inquisitor's Lightsaber, and whether they saw the inventories of any other sets (both SW and non-SW): 

"Circular and didn’t see much else" 

Full list of responses from u/FluffySky6: 

Hide contents

Someone else shared a picture of a red LAAT from the clone wars S6E7 I believe, the one where Fox dies. It’s in the background, but it almost looks like it has no wing turrets. I’m getting more confident it’s gonna be that ship. 

Inquisitor has a helmet, similar to the grand inquisitor’s. They also have the inquisitor armor piece and lightsaber hilt. 

No clue what the new republic ships would be. Set seemed like a two pack, and didn’t include any currently named or recognizable characters. No Ahsoka, Mando, etc. 

Gotcha, still that color scene seems like what we’re getting unless it’s some unrelated ship. I spent quite a while looking online for anything with two cockpits and no other turrets, but couldn’t find anything. 

There weren’t any large round pieces in the set to suggest a republic frigate. A play scale Venator wouldn’t be completely off the table, but seems unlikely due to the cockpit pieces being clear 

And I only saw the pieces to the new republic ships and my best guess is something based off the Rangers from the last Mando episode 

I don’t remember what color the ships were, but the uniforms were blue and white 

No Zeb that I saw, looked all or mostly human. And pretty confident it was Fox, he had a white top half of his torso 

Pilots in the new republic set, and the Yavin set has the white fancy helmets 

Ghost is sweet, comes with Chopper, Hera, and her son as well as two other new characters. Yavin 4 set comes with a TON of figs and a y wing build. 10+ figures, including the main cast from the medal / awards scene 

One character with darker skin and the new republic / possibly ranger print and if I remember right a mon calimari 

I’m pretty confident it’s a male for the dark skinned character, and other than the pilot suit nothing note worthy 

And Yavin was the main 6 (luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, 3po, R2) then I wanna say 2-3 pilots and 2-3 Yavin rebels. 1 other Astro mech and 1-2 other characters I couldn’t ID 

Zare Leonis seems possible from Rebels 

Yeah, exactly. And the interesting bit is that the torso piece print was the same pilot suit that’s used in the new republic / possibly rangers set. But different “elements” because of different hand pieces 

Tan yes, I don’t remember olive 

I don’t remember :/ 

Circular and didn’t see much else 

Spoilered just to save space. 

I will be 100% honest I think that’s fake, I also talked with the guy about the gunship and the colors where so outlandish, where would tan fit besides the chairs? I think he just doesn’t have the correct info tbh

5 minutes ago, Old Master said:

I like the actual design, red looks so so good. It’s a strange choice, though. But, I rate the boldness given TCW anniversary. 

Minifigure selection needs a pilot! Never thought I’d see a Gunship with Palpatine and Padme but here we are. We all love Fox and Shock Troopers, though. 

I would have preferred a standard Gunship, however. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

1 minute ago, Matichado said:

I will be 100% honest I think that’s fake, I also talked with the guy about the gunship and the colors where so outlandish, where would tan fit besides the chairs? I think he just doesn’t have the correct info tbh

What do you think is fake? The colours, or the Gunship itself? 

Just now, Old Master said:

Would also love to chat about the May 4 Promo on here now that some massive reveals are out of the way.

Apparently it is something midi-scale, and it does not have Minifigs. 

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

you're.... kidding......

bruh

May 4 promo is always the best chance to get some absolutely random minifig thats pretty damn dissapointing there wont be one.

Edited by Old Master

2 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

What do you think is fake? The colours, or the Gunship itself? 

The colors, the gunship is true cause promobricks and falconfan confirmed it but the colors this guy says just seem way to outlabdush!

Seems odd that the larger Ahsoka set (or technically, second largest set now) would just be generic New Republic vehicles and characters. I’m sure there’ll be more to it even if it’s not evident from the parts inventories the leaker had access to. But saying that, the Fang Fighter vs TIE Interceptor set is absolutely nothing special in terms of minifigures.

Ahsoka’s timeline placement means that ‘Inquisitor’ is one of the villains for the show and isn’t really an inquisitor at all - no spoilers there by the way, just facts. If I had to speculate, the figure sounds like

either Baylon or his apprentice Shin. The former has been described as having dark samurai-esque armour explicitly noted as resembling that of an Inquisitor, so it’s most likely him. However, the latter has been described as having a ‘rapier’-like sabre, which the inquisitor hilt could fit the bill against too.

This really is an unbelievable summer wave, I’m still in denial to some degree even though some of the choices made seem questionable. In any case, this certainly offsets the doom and gloom February initially brought about!

Just now, Matichado said:

The colors, the gunship is true cause promobricks and falconfan confirmed it but the colors this guy says just seem way to outlabdush!

nah it makes perfect sense tbh given the figure selection and the news that is out there.

2 minutes ago, Old Master said:

nah it makes perfect sense tbh given the figure selection and the news that is out there.

I know but where would the tan fit? Where would the gray fit? Why is there no wing bubble turrets I don’t beleive it tbh

edit: he told me there where 6 republic logos!!!! Where would that fit aswell?

Edited by Matichado

I know but where would the tan fit? Where would the gray fit? Why is there no wing bubble turrets I don’t beleive it tbh

tan and grey can be pieces that are hidden and just part of the main structure if the person is seeing it from an inventory standpoint.

just because there arent bubble turrets doesnt mean it will be a regular gunship. its been confirmed to be a gunship already. it simply just won't have bubble turrets.

1 minute ago, Kaijumeister said:

Ahsoka’s timeline placement means that ‘Inquisitor’ is one of the villains for the show and isn’t really an inquisitor at all - no spoilers there by the way, just facts. If I had to speculate, the figure sounds like

Reveal hidden contents

either Baylon or his apprentice Shin. The former has been described as having dark samurai-esque armour explicitly noted as resembling that of an Inquisitor, so it’s most likely him. However, the latter has been described as having a ‘rapier’-like sabre, which the inquisitor hilt could fit the bill against too.

I was thinking of those two, as well. 

Spoiler

Baylon has a "claymore" Lightsaber, so the Minifig is probably not him. We do not have a description of Shin's costume yet, but the Lightsaber hilt makes me lean more towards her being in the T-6. 

4 minutes ago, Matichado said:

Tan and grey are probably structural/filler colours, and the bubble turrets on the wings could be brickbuilt. 

2 minutes ago, Old Master said:

tan and grey can be pieces that are hidden and just part of the main structure if the person is seeing it from an inventory standpoint.

just because there arent bubble turrets doesnt mean it will be a regular gunship. its been confirmed to be a gunship already. it simply just won't have bubble turrets.

No, he said there where tan tiles and bricks, that doesn’t seem right tbh

No, he said there where tan tiles and bricks, that doesn’t seem right tbh

then take it with a grain of salt dude, 

there will be a gunship one way or another.

My theory is:

theory 1 it will be a weird regular gunship with a tan nose a white and a bit more of red accents

theory 2: this is fake

@Classic_Spaceman Yeah I completely agree. I seriously hoped

Baylon, Shin, Thrawn, Ezra, and those wicked-sounding resurrected stormtroopers

would get Lego coverage, but hey there’s always next year.

@Matichado Bear in mind the Reddit leaker is providing information based on the official parts inventories they’ve been able to see. It’s hard to glean wider context from that sort of information.

Edited by Kaijumeister

My theory is:

theory 1 it will be a weird regular gunship with a tan nose a white and a bit more of red accents

theory 2: this is fake

Theory 3: This will be the 6x07 Coruscant Guard LAAT, and the tan is being used to add some texture and weathering. 

1 minute ago, Kaijumeister said:

@Classic_Spaceman Yeah I completely agree.

About the T-6 "Inquisitor"? 

I honestly think the only thing close to being fake is the Yavin thing, it soubds like he started to make stuff up at some point and doesn't know or doesn't remember which is sus imo.

Something else about the identity of the T-6 Inquisitor (spoilers!): 

Spoiler

Baylon is said to be working alongside Thrawn, while Shin was sent by Baylon to hunt Ashoka, so it may be more likely that we get him in a 2024 set with Thrawn and/or Ezra. 

2 minutes ago, Goofster said:

I honestly think the only thing close to being fake is the Yavin thing, it soubds like he started to make stuff up at some point and doesn't know or doesn't remember which is sus imo.

Yavin is the easiest to fake, though, since the potential characters have been known since 1977! The Rebels' uniforms are drab and similar enough that I can buy his not knowing which tan-uniformed characters are in the set. 

6 hours ago, Hhalcyon said:

...or C. Are unfathomably ancient enough to have been an adult with spare income at the time of those original sets coming out

Watch who you're calling ancient! That's a large number of us on the forum :laugh_hard:

6 hours ago, Goofster said:

Nah y'all really complaining about the smallest details bro, c'mon, what's next? Complaining about how General Dodonna's and Leia's weapons are swapped on the box, instructions and etc?

Lego is primarily a kid's toy company, and the 2020 AAT is directed towards kids, they aren't gonna inspect every single little minute detail on there bruh.

TLG literally pays people to inspect those details. Quality control is slacking and it's fair to point that out.

3 hours ago, Hhalcyon said:

We also had a gunship with the Jedi and Clone battlepack then didn't we? After all, it has a gunship and a lego set.

As well as all those polybags.

Or is the UCS gunship an exception to that obviously nonsense "It lego and gunship durr" rule because you specifically don't want another one?

Hmmmm i wonder.

"it lego and gunship durr"? But I definitely think its to early for another one, that you are right