MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

More updates: 

"I’m pretty confident it’s a male for the dark skinned character, and other than the pilot suit nothing note worthy" 

"And Yavin was the main 6 (luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, 3po, R2) then I wanna say 2-3 pilots and 2-3 Yavin rebels. 1 other Astro mech and 1-2 other characters I couldn’t ID" 

Yeah talking with him he seems unsure about Honor guards being in the set or not.

More updates: 

"I’m pretty confident it’s a male for the dark skinned character, and other than the pilot suit nothing note worthy" 

"And Yavin was the main 6 (luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, 3po, R2) then I wanna say 2-3 pilots and 2-3 Yavin rebels. 1 other Astro mech and 1-2 other characters I couldn’t ID" 

Really wonder how the build stacks up to something like Vader’s Castle from 2019. Minifig selection is amazing. 

Alright MASSIVE update on Yavin! 
The celebration medals are using the CMF medal piece with prints on them! Which means we’re getting new Luke,and Han variants!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

The celebration medals are using the CMF medal piece with prints on them! Which means we’re getting new Luke,and Han variants!!!!!!

Kriff yes!!! 👍👍👍

FluffySky6 suggested that the final character in the Ghost could be Zare Leonis, but agreed with my comment that there is nothing particularly recognisable about him, so he would be almost impossible to identify from parts alone. 

"Yeah, exactly. And the interesting bit is that the torso piece print was the same pilot suit that’s used in the new republic / possibly rangers set. But different “elements” because of different hand pieces" 

I asked about either tan or green torsos in Yavin: 

"Tan yes, I don’t remember olive" 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

10 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I asked about either tan or green torsos in Yavin: 

"Tan yes, I don’t remember olive" 

Who uses olive torsos on Yavin?

Ok so update: the stickers on the gunship aparently have 4 republic logos and tan stickers

One logo is dark red with white and the other is dark red with bright red

3 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Who uses olive torsos on Yavin?

The Honor Guards have greenish uniforms. I can see them being made in dark tan, though. 

I asked how many different tan torsos there are in Yavin, and in what quantity:

"I don’t remember :/" 

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The Reddit account needs to do a massive list of everything to keep it all in one place :laugh:

I am working on a list of all of the responses that I have received from him. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

I just hope we get zeb and ezra man.

Tbh i hink the reddit account kinda slacking and digging himself a hole with this yavin stuff

Any word on if Yavin Luke will have arm prints? Him and Han could certainly use dual molded legs but im ok with just arm printing.

Also is Palpatine 100% confirmed for the gunship? I heard some people discussing how Clovis could be in it instead of him.

Edited by Old Master

Ok so, the set with the shock troopers’s color are: primarily dark red, grey, black and a little bit of white and tan.

i think the Reddit leaker has a preliminary part list

1 minute ago, Matichado said:

Ok so, the set with the shock troopers’s color are: primarily dark red, grey, black and a little bit of white and tan.

i think the Reddit leaker has a preliminary part list

Ask him how much white and tan, because the gunship looks tan and white at the same time 

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I hear you. :facepalm:

For real! I love clones and republic vehicles just as much as the next person but this is getting a little ridiculous. Some of my favorite prequel sets of all time are non republic sets (Bounty Hunter Pursuit, Sith Infiltrator, Bongo Sub, Duel on Geonosis, Geonosisian Sets)

I asked about the exact shape of the Inquisitor's Lightsaber, and whether they saw the inventories of any other sets (both SW and non-SW): 

"Circular and didn’t see much else" 

Full list of responses from u/FluffySky6: 

Spoiler

Someone else shared a picture of a red LAAT from the clone wars S6E7 I believe, the one where Fox dies. It’s in the background, but it almost looks like it has no wing turrets. I’m getting more confident it’s gonna be that ship. 

Inquisitor has a helmet, similar to the grand inquisitor’s. They also have the inquisitor armor piece and lightsaber hilt. 

No clue what the new republic ships would be. Set seemed like a two pack, and didn’t include any currently named or recognizable characters. No Ahsoka, Mando, etc. 

Gotcha, still that color scene seems like what we’re getting unless it’s some unrelated ship. I spent quite a while looking online for anything with two cockpits and no other turrets, but couldn’t find anything. 

There weren’t any large round pieces in the set to suggest a republic frigate. A play scale Venator wouldn’t be completely off the table, but seems unlikely due to the cockpit pieces being clear 

And I only saw the pieces to the new republic ships and my best guess is something based off the Rangers from the last Mando episode 

I don’t remember what color the ships were, but the uniforms were blue and white 

No Zeb that I saw, looked all or mostly human. And pretty confident it was Fox, he had a white top half of his torso 

Pilots in the new republic set, and the Yavin set has the white fancy helmets 

Ghost is sweet, comes with Chopper, Hera, and her son as well as two other new characters. Yavin 4 set comes with a TON of figs and a y wing build. 10+ figures, including the main cast from the medal / awards scene 

One character with darker skin and the new republic / possibly ranger print and if I remember right a mon calimari 

I’m pretty confident it’s a male for the dark skinned character, and other than the pilot suit nothing note worthy 

And Yavin was the main 6 (luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, 3po, R2) then I wanna say 2-3 pilots and 2-3 Yavin rebels. 1 other Astro mech and 1-2 other characters I couldn’t ID 

Zare Leonis seems possible from Rebels 

Yeah, exactly. And the interesting bit is that the torso piece print was the same pilot suit that’s used in the new republic / possibly rangers set. But different “elements” because of different hand pieces 

Tan yes, I don’t remember olive 

I don’t remember :/ 

Circular and didn’t see much else 

Spoilered just to save space. 

5 minutes ago, YourLocalB2 said:

For real! I love clones and republic vehicles just as much as the next person but this is getting a little ridiculous. Some of my favorite prequel sets of all time are non republic sets (Bounty Hunter Pursuit, Sith Infiltrator, Bongo Sub, Duel on Geonosis, Geonosisian Sets)

MTT, Gungan sub, Lucrehulk, Naboo starfighter, Infiltrator, queen’s royal ship, vulture droid, a slew of podracers, a (proper) AAT. 

TPM is so rich with set possibilities it’s bananas. I hope we don’t have to wait for the 30th anniversary before Lego considers making or remaking them. 

49 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Dang, Luke in his yellow jacket is a huge W. Very useful for lots of comics appearances.

6 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

And I only saw the pieces to the new republic ships and my best guess is something based off the Rangers from the last Mando episode

But is it based on Ahsoka series after all ?

and thanks for all your hard work!

2 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

But is it based on Ahsoka series after all ?

and thanks for all your hard work!

Supposedly, yes. 

No problem! 👍

Supposedly, yes. 

No problem! 👍

Huh honestly i don't see lego making a set just with lame unknown or non important new republic pilots, i'd say we're getting at least zeb or the balding guy from the last episode

5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Come now, talk like this is a pet peeve of mine. You cannot act as if one group all share the same opinion or should be expected to. Do not act as if it is the same people saying each thing, yes there may be a few, but that's not the point.

Sure, I'm probably focusing too much on the loudest voices on either side.

It is just annoying to see the complaint at all. If the figure is that important, BL it or wait until it's released in a cheaper set. If the figures aren't what you were hoping for, sorry, but 99% of the reason the UCS sets exist is for build and display value.

1 minute ago, Goofster said:

Huh honestly i don't see lego making a set just with lame unknown or non important new republic pilots, i'd say we're getting at least zeb or the balding guy from the last episode

yeah i am with this. I dont get why Zeb wouldn't be in this as the primary selling point.

I guessed we get Thrawn 😅

There is currently no indication that we are getting Zeb, as much as I would like for us to. Also, are you referring to Carson Teva? He wears orange, so unless he gets a costume change by the end of the season, I doubt that he is included. 

Just now, Old Master said:

yeah i am with this. I dont get why Zeb wouldn't be in this as the primary selling point.

Moff is not in the Fang Fighter vs. TIE Interceptor, so there is precedent for LEGO not including major characters in fighter pack sets. 

1 minute ago, Duke27 said:

I guessed we get Thrawn 😅

No indication of Thrawn in any of the sets this year, from what is currently known.