Sign in to follow this  
LordDan

[MOC] Knights' Kingdom II: Border Ambush Redux

52254169759_2d919908e7_o.jpg

“The quest of the Knights has led them to the border of the Desolate Moorlands! Santis has discovered a rickety vine bridge and an evil Shadow Knight who guards the Key to the Citadel. The only way across is to hurl a boulder with all of the mighty Knight's strength! Can Santis prevail, or will the Shadow Knight be victorious?”

52254607640_7899def41c_o.jpg

I incorporated the trapdoor feature from the original set

52254522115_8718291dca_o.jpg

and here's the dungeon where the heroic knights formerly stationed at this outpost met their end. ( I guess this is where all the missing generic knights were throughout the sets :laugh:)

52252915542_78324b89a3_o.jpg

Notes: Everyone knows that Knights' Kingdoms II is objectively the best LEGO Castle theme ever () , but there are very few MOCs set in this theme. This is a reimagining of set 8778 Border Ambush from 2004. It was one of my favorite sets as a kid, but looking back it was a little... lackluster. I recently built a micro version of this set, and saw the bridging the gap category for the Summer Joust, and I decided " Why don't I build this set the way I always imagined it looked like?"

Here's some additional pictures:

52253947271_36577710ae_o.jpg 

52253049677_de4537603a_o.jpg

52253063812_984979abce_o.jpg

Edited by LordDan

Nice work with the AFOL'ing of this set LordDan!  The staircase is nicely done with the white boarder/railing winding along on either side, and I'm totally going to have to use that samurai helmet torch technique as it's genius. :sweet:

Interesting recreating of the set. I like your attention to detail with the run down appearance to the bridge and stonework.

A very nice improvement on what I see as one of the best sets from the KKII theme.

On 7/31/2022 at 7:50 PM, mrcp6d said:

Nice work with the AFOL'ing of this set LordDan!  The staircase is nicely done with the white boarder/railing winding along on either side, and I'm totally going to have to use that samurai helmet torch technique as it's genius. :sweet:

Thank you! I'm super happy with the samurai helmet torches, I had the idea from a previous scrapped MOC and finally got around to using it! I even added some lighting to the torches now!

52280630947_2c4fa359c0_z.jpg

On 8/1/2022 at 8:46 AM, Feuer Zug said:

Interesting recreating of the set. I like your attention to detail with the run down appearance to the bridge and stonework.

Thanks! I tried to make the "evil side" feel like it was originally owned by Morcia, but became run down and neglected once Vladek's forces took over.

On 8/1/2022 at 9:12 AM, Hive said:

A very nice improvement on what I see as one of the best sets from the KKII theme.

Thanks! I definitely agree it was one of the better sets from KKII!