Sign in to follow this  
LEGO Train 12 Volts

BR 98 Battery Powered

Chapter 2 of 4

Hello everyone, today I want to introduce my battery powered BR 98.

This model, already presented in the push along mode (see this topic BR 98), is now available in the motorized version.

br98-013.jpg

This project was made possible by the compactness of Circuits Cubes Systems and the 3D printed wheels by @Paperinik77pk :excited:

Thanks to the smaller diameter of the gray era wheels, it was possible to apply a transmission system with a 24 tooth gear on the motor pinion and an 8 tooth gear on the transmission axis, guaranteeing speed and power. :thumbup:

Have fun with pictires and videos! :wink:

br98-015.jpg

br98-016.jpg

br98-014.jpg

br98-018.jpg

br98-017.jpg

...see you in the next chapter! :classic:

Looks great that little one running along the track. Great use of the Circuitcubes components. The engine is very powerful pulling three wagons. Do you use weight bricks for better traction? 

Best regards, Holger

5 hours ago, HoMa said:

Do you use weight bricks for better traction? 

Best regards, Holger

Hello Holger,

I see that the question is asked by a professional :classic:  ...the observation is correct and the answer is affirmative: inside the locomotive I modeled some lead to give more weight and traction. The lead however is as big as two 1 x 2 bricks overlapped (there was no room to put more).

Kind regards, Emanuele

Lovely little thing!

Amazing that you even managed to fit lights in this tiny locomotive. :thumbup:

Great work shoving a Circuit Cube into this small locomotive. I like how you retained the old LEGO rodding. Gives it a classic 12v look, while being functional in the modern sense. The printed wood plates at the bottom of the wagons is genius.

Ciao Emanuele! 

It's a very, very nice evolution of the "BR98" project!!! :thumbup:

The Circuit Cubes motors are really a quality choice to power our models and give a new "spark" of life also to small locomotives! I particularly like the fact that it's keeping its "retro" look, while having the chance to work on newer track! I love those small wagons with wooden planks!

Great job!!!:pir-love:

Ciao!

Davide 

On 8/1/2022 at 3:31 PM, Feuer Zug said:

I like how you retained the old LEGO rodding...The printed wood plates at the bottom of the wagons is genius.

Thanks for the compliments ... the floor of the wagon came almost by chance ... I also like the final result! :thumbup:

On 8/2/2022 at 11:54 AM, Paperinik77pk said:

The Circuit Cubes motors are really a quality choice to power our models and give a new "spark" of life also to small locomotives!

Hello Davide, don't forget the 3D printed wheels, they too were needed to achieve the miracle! :pir-huzzah2:

On 8/2/2022 at 10:30 PM, XG BC said:

looks very nice!

Thank you very much! :classic:

On 8/3/2022 at 10:34 AM, Sérgio said:

Such a cuteness, love these 12V era builds!

Thanks, I share the point of view! :excited: