Sign in to follow this  
Ross Fisher

[OL - Recruitment - Fatu Hiva] The Sisters of Our Lady of Artemis

"How is the child progressing?" asked the Bishop, steel in his gaze. The Mother Superior hesitated. 

"Her education goes well. The skills of Lady Artemis are laid out before her, and she is the mistress of many of them already. Her tracking, hunting, trapping, and butchering, are all advancing nicely. Not to mention her reading and writ-"

"And yet?" he cut in. 

"Your grace?"

"Don't dance around me, sister." he snapped. "I am a supplicant of the Shadow Court. Do not imagine that I will allow you to conceal truths from me."

"I would never dream-"

"I asked how she is progressing. You focus only on her education. Why?"

She caved. He was an Inquisitor. At some point he would have the truth, and so it might as well be sooner rather than later.

"The crisis, and then the invasion. They both left their mark on her. She suffers from night terrors, her discipline is lax, and she neglects her prayers."

"I see."

"Forgive me, your grace, but I do not honestly believe that she will progress to the ranks of the clergy. At least not with what tutelage we are able to provide."

The Bishop was silent.

The Sisters of Artemis, Fatu Hiva

"I am desolate, of course. You laid responsibility for her in my hands, and I have fallen short. I have given her as much tutoring as I can, but the recovery effort here has demanded much of my time."

"You've done enough." He said. This came as a surprise to her.

"Then you are not angry? Forgive me, your grace, but I understood that you desired her to attain rank within the Order?"

"My concern first and foremost was for her wellbeing, which you have not only attended to, but ensured that she can look after herself should the need arise. This is commendable. The pathway the Three Brothers have laid out for her is beyond my comprehension, but you have ensured she will have the skills she needs to walk it."

"Is she to leave Fatu Hiva with you?" she asked.

"Yes. But she shan't leave you behind. Not quite yet."

"You want us all to travel with you?" the Mother Superior bridled. She had been preparing herself for a personal punishment, but not one for the whole Convent.

"Your skills are needed. Oleon is at war, and heathens assail our people. What have the followers of Artemis been preparing for if not this?"

"How long do we have?"

"You set sail for El Oleonda in one month," he smiled. The seeds he had planted were beginning to bear fruit.

This is my recruitment build for the Sisters of Artemis from Fatu Hiva. I'll be raising 60 troops for the nation of Oleon.

Edited by Ross Fisher

Well done interior of the convent. What is this room? Is there an inspiration or did you build from imagination?

Great idea to turn nuns into a military unit. A dangerous squad!

47 minutes ago, NOD said:

What is this room?

Is there an inspiration or did you build from imagination?

I picture this being the nave of the chapel at the convent. Probably the only space that would be double-height like this. Very appropriate for an order of hunters to use this space to practice their archery. 

I think I was subconsciously inspired by the interior of Malmesbury Abbey, which is close to where I live:

Interior_of_Malmesbury_Abbey.jpg

It has both the flat undecorated wall (because the main tower collapsed) and the balcony.

The wall behind the archers is inspired by altarpieces and triptychs. 

Edited by Ross Fisher

Neat and succinct! I knew I was gonna dig this one. Great adaption of a local building. Mayhaps a crash course in musketry for a month? Then we can add a Rage album to the Oleon rosters.

5 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Mayhaps a crash course in musketry for a month?

Nuns with guns? I thought about it, but it didn't seem to fit with the whole "Artemis"/huntress thing. But this way I figure they have their own niche. See the grand military encyclopedia for more. 

Another lovely entry to our roster of troops. A good read and cool setting, too.

3 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

I wonder what tasks the Bishop has planned for them!

We'll definitely be seeing them in action soon. One of them has even been to El Oleonda before...

1 hour ago, Khorne said:

A good read and cool setting, too.

Thanks! Another opportunity to tie threads up. 

Fine bunch of bowgirls and quite nice interior!

And yes, the concept of Artemis would not go so well with muskets and cannons :pir-laugh:  (Who is the goddess of gunpowder anyway? The ancient greeks were somewhat incomplete in their pantheon. And what about the god of the computer virus? But I digress.)

What is next? Will be see women in the Oleon inquisition? :pir-grin:

An amazing example of stroyline creativity in perfect harmony with a nice build . Great work!

6 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine bunch of bowgirls and quite nice interior!

2 hours ago, Fraunces said:

An amazing example of stroyline creativity in perfect harmony with a nice build .

Thanks guys!

6 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Who is the goddess of gunpowder anyway? The ancient greeks were somewhat incomplete in their pantheon. And what about the god of the computer virus?

Nah, ancient saints get modern aspects tacked on their jurisdiction. Like Isidore, the patron Saint of computers. Ancient gods are just the same. Hephaestus would be the god of gunpowder. Chap's all about fire and craftworks. Plus it would be kinda ironic if he came to dominate warfare, since Venus was his wife before Ares came along...

As far as computer viruses are concerned, my money's on Hermes. Lad was all about writing, cunning and thievery.