AbleChristopher

Boxpok STL files?

Question for the community:

I am looking for model files for either Shupp's or Brick Train Depots boxpok drivers. Does anyone know if there is an STL file floating around out there that I can import into Stud.io?

Thank you!

I do have normal drivers as STL, boxpok are a little bit more advanced I think.

Echoing Matt here, I spent a long time looking around and the no the files aren't publicly available sadly. it kinda sucks when doing the 3D models, you might have some luck taking bokspok designs for non lego models and modifying it in tinkercad to get a rough design. pretty easy to resize in tinkercad to but don't try to export models out of Stud.io as they tend to mess up horribly. Personally I just used the default lego wheels and sized them to what I need for visual reference, Would be nice to have the bokspok designs for Stud.io still.

Edited by Ropefish

Stud.io parts are LDRAW, .dat files. I don't know if Stud.io can use STL files but MLCAD will convert STL files to .dat.

Thank you for the replies everyone, it was all very helpful. The closest I think we can all get to boxpok driver files at this point is through the link @Matt Dawson provided ( https://www.brecklandbricks.com/resources). Bulleid-Firth-Brown style will have to work for now, I can resize them to the BBB XXL size that I need for my next project, a Northern. Jeff over at the PNW Steam Shop is the only one I have seen with a stud.io render of a boxpok driver and he may have done that in house, his models are top of the line.

Boxpok driver Stud.io files can be found here: https://www.habricks.com/product-categorie/wheels/#

Edited by AbleChristopher

A reason you are having trouble finding these files is because most all of the places that sell them are in the business of selling the wheels. STL files are used directly for 3D printing and its trivial to make a dat file into a printable file. What you are asking is basically to give you the work for free. 

I have looked at various ways to make some dat files that will work for modeling but wont work for printing but I haven't been very successful thus far. 

The folks that have provided them either arent as concerned about this as I am or have figured out some other way to make dat files that dont compromise their product. 

1 hour ago, supertruper1988 said:

A reason you are having trouble finding these files is because most all of the places that sell them are in the business of selling the wheels. STL files are used directly for 3D printing and its trivial to make a dat file into a printable file. What you are asking is basically to give you the work for free. 

I have looked at various ways to make some dat files that will work for modeling but wont work for printing but I haven't been very successful thus far. 

The folks that have provided them either arent as concerned about this as I am or have figured out some other way to make dat files that dont compromise their product. 

This is fine tbh but I do wish they could just sell the files, I would happily buy the files to print myself. Heck I bough wheels outright for my current project against better money spending judgment, BTD wheels can get expensive to however helping a community business is nice. However I would much rather like to buy the files and print them having a printer myself then buying the 3d printed parts, That way I can still support the small business and get myself wheels.

15 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Would HABrick's Boxpok Studio files work?  https://www.habricks.com/product-categorie/wheels/#

Oh wow these are going to be injection molded??? That sounds wonderful.