Hi all, I'm happy to present you my Airwolf 1:25 scale model ! I started this project in 2013, inspired by Lego's 9396 Technic Rescue Helicopter. Seeing its front end, I thought "at last ! It must now be possible to make a convincing Airwolf model out of Lego !".

52031320696_c2b6a3b9c8_c_d.jpg

I used Technic panels to get the aerodynamic shape properly, and have had good fun since then improving the model with new parts (the curved slopes for the exhaust for example). The model is based on the Universal Studios blueprints. It accepts 3 minifigs inside - Stringfellow Hawke, Dominic Santini and Caitlin O'Shanessy. Weapons can be displayed in or out, like the landing gear - I considered making those articulated, but at this scale I just could not figure out how to do this so these are add-ons parts.

52031463084_2b798f0589_c_d.jpg

At the time I wished Lego would accept it in their Ideas project, but I got a reply that "being a military vehicle, Airwolf would not be allowed Lego support". I was quite gutted and just kept it for myself. Anyway, I'm happy to share it now !

After completing my Airwolf model, I felt I needed to make a full set of toys to make it more playable. The Bell 206s are based on the factory blueprints - also at 1:25 scale - and my first version of the Jeep was loosely based on Zed's MOC Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Since 2013 it has evolved quite a bit, though !

52031729640_a523126c20_c_d.jpg

Also, it was good fun reproducing Archangel's limousine FIRM 1 ! As a Cadillac Seville owner in the eighties, it was nice trying to get the lines of this Fleetwood Brougham limo properly. I wish Lego would make studless wings for the front end, though !!! You will note that I could not resist creating minifigures for Archangel and his lovely bodyguards ! You might even recognise Marella and Gabrielle ;)

52031729695_47784eb370_c_d.jpg

52031247698_fb280522f3_c_d.jpg

I still feel compelled to show my models with Ukraine colours as the war is raging on. It must stop ! I remember watching Airwolf episodes where the Russians (the usual villains, the Cold War was still on) were pictured as normal people just wanting freedom and democracy. I hope this is still true !

52030170467_b322f8773c_c_d.jpg

52031729715_2ea2b48ce9_c_d.jpg

You can see more pics Flickr album of course :

I wish I could make nicer renderings, as the photos are far from perfect. But I still can't manage chrome and transparency properly with Blender. Talk about a learning curve...

Anyway, I hope you will enjoy the pics !

This is amazing! I've seen lots of airwolf mocs over the years (even built a few myself in my younger days :laugh:), but I don't think I've ever seen one as accurate as this. That side-on view is especially impressive - I had to zoom in before I realised it was a picture of the moc and not a reference pic of the real thing. Impressive work!

Hah you reminded me of the tv show. There was even a game for nes. Both of them was a little crapy but your model is just amazing. Great smooth shape.

Ah ! Ah ! Yes those games were horrible - The computer one in particular was infuriating ! I remember having fun with the arcade version, though. It's funny how these games are a bit like Lego - at the time the best visuals you could get were heavily pixellated ! Nowadays it's possible to achieve smooth curves win Lego !!! :thumbup:

Hi all,

For those of you who would like to build their own Airwolf, I've just uploaded a PDF Instruction Manual on Rebrickable !

You can also see the 3D model on Bricklink if you'd like to rotate it in all directions ;)

Enjoy!

Hiya thank you for this, it’s my childhood dream to build this, can I ask the best places to get the lego needed

Hello Swift,

I suggest you visit my Airwolf MOC page on Rebrickable to download the PDF instructions, then click on the Inventory tab (https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-131570/AlexGdeD/airwolf-125-scale-model/#parts). You will be presented with the list of parts needed to the build, with buttons to create a Wanted list on Bricklink or a Wish list on Brickowl. Then on your favourite of those 2 sites, you will just have to validate your carts to order the necessary parts from sellers everywhere in the world. I suggest you watch some tutorials about how these sites work first, so you can spend the right amount of money for the build (it can become very expensive as parts prices vary with each seller, their condition - used or new - and the location / shipping costs). Welcome to this addicting world and have fun with the build!

Thank you i will have a look now, I have just created my wish list so I will see how they actually work

ALEX GDD - HI .

YOUR MOC DESIGN FOR THE AIRWOLF HELICOPTER IS FANTASTIC.Is there a way I wanted to build one and if I can have some guidance from you.

Hello Mitul, I'll be happy to help !

You should download the manual from Rebrickable and study 3D model on Bricklink, and if these are not enough don't hesitate to ask for support !

Enjoy your build !