Jerac

The thing about Happy Thoughts

EDIT: It seems flickr has deleted some of my photos, eh.
This is the "full thread". If a moderator stumbles over this one here, please close/archive it. 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Jerac

The visuals slaps hard and I really dig the premise. You must have had one heck of a time coming up with this piece!

I grow a bit jaded over the many derivitive Lego builds, but this.... This is simply sublime and deeply beautiful.

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

I don't really know what this is supposed to mean, but it does look really cool!

On 4/2/2022 at 4:50 PM, ExeSandbox said:

The visuals slaps hard and I really dig the premise. You must have had one heck of a time coming up with this piece!

There is no single valid interpretation. It was built to invoke some certain feelings more than to show "a thing", and at the same time, provoke some questions. I am very deliberately not writing any descriptions, and up until now I was not even using names (which is why this line of builds has just squares in their titles: I don't want to suggest *anything* to the viewer). Technically this was a reverse build process, I had no idea how will it look in the end, I added bits and pieces till I was satisfied with the end result. It kinda doesn't even make much sense if you consider it, but I like it this way :D

7 hours ago, hollielucas said:

I grow a bit jaded over the many derivitive Lego builds, but this.... This is simply sublime and deeply beautiful.

Thanks ^^

Edited by Jerac

Incredible and evocative :excited: ... this type of creature brings to my memory the dream stories of Howard P. Lovecraft, like the cult of Cthulhu :pir-skel:

...but this is just my very personal mental association!

48 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Incredible and evocative :excited: ... this type of creature brings to my memory the dream stories of Howard P. Lovecraft, like the cult of Cthulhu :pir-skel:

...but this is just my very personal mental association!

Love that interpretation! And I am quite a fan of Lovecraft's works so yeah, some of that definitely creeped in!

On 6/5/2022 at 6:15 PM, tismabrick said:

Too bad the images of this “thing” disappeared.

I am not sure what happened, but everything is still here:

This is the "complete" thing. I guess this thread can be closed. Sorry for the mess!