Sign in to follow this  
-Rho-

Your 2009 Set Theme List

Dude, that's like the exact same thing I said :hmpf_bad:.

I just mentioned the Greeks to put across My ideas and clarify that I agree with you :thumbup:

Star Wars : This is my favorite theme and the one I collect and with the 10 anniversary at the corner I just hope 2009 to be an awesome year. Come on TLC give us a Bull Rancor and rider, fire speeder of the episode III and why not a redesigned Jabba palace.

Indiana Jones: Another very cool theme that I want TLC to continue and maybe we get a flying wing next year.

Transformers: With Transformers: The revange of the fallen coming in the summer of the next year the TLC will have an exhuse to bring a line about them.

Edited by darkrebellion

in 2009

City

city trains

Castle

2 new theme

duplo

technic

bionicle

starwars 10 years

racers

agents

and iniana jones sets

no mars and no speed racers :hmpf_bad:

hmm... wonder hat the 2 new them,es might be

i hope for wild west or pirates

hope indy sets would still be available in 2009

but i really dont care that much bout speed racer although mars mision was sorta kool besides the really ugly aliens

well ill be hoping for elves for the castle line :sweet:

code lyoko? AHAHAHA that will NEVER HAPPEN there was a thread about it in the embassy section.

Show me your proof, jackass.

While you're at it, learn about capitalization and proper punctuation.

Anyway, Code Lyoko is about the worst thing that could happen to the world in Lego format... :laugh:

Explain yourself before acting like a little female canine. kthnxbai

Code Lyoko and Kingdom Hearts will never happen. Licensed themes need to be at least mildly popular to even be considered.

Yet another epic fail from Ecto. Why am I not surprised...

Ecto, you need to stop being a prick.

-Rho-

EDIT: So Darth is a jackass, trooperdavin is a female canine and Ecto is a prick of failure.

You're taking things too seriously. WAY too seriously.

Please calm down. :sadnew:

-JINZO

EDIT:No, I'm not.

They're being little bastards and going "l0lz teeh kod leeohkow iiz teh impossibulz!!1!1!!!!!!!!!!oen!!!!!"

Maybe you should actually do your job and worry about the trolls.

-Rho

EDIT: *sigh*

They're disagreeing with you. They're not calling you names. They're allowed to do this. It's giving an honest opinion on an idea. Yeah, there's a condescending laugh in there, but it's pretty tame stuff.

Just... calm down. These are not the droids you're looking for.

Move along.

-JINZO

(and no more name-calling, seriously)

Edited by JINZONINGEN 73

I can already abundantly see where he should start.

Back on topic, I would like to see more of this crazy modular housing Lego seems to be making.

Sorry Rho, the staff is very busy and volunteers valuable time to keep the peace on this board. I can't let them invest any time in trying to teach you to be a civil member. I don't think it will do any good. So this is goodbye. Catch you on the flip side... :wink:

Show me your proof, jackass.

While you're at it, learn about capitalization and proper punctuation.

Explain yourself before acting like a little female canine. kthnxbai

Yet another epic fail from Ecto. Why am I not surprised...

Ecto, you need to stop being a prick.

-Rho-

EDIT: So Darth is a jackass, trooperdavin is a female canine and Ecto is a prick of failure.

You're taking things too seriously. WAY too seriously.

Please calm down. :sadnew:

-JINZO

EDIT:No, I'm not.

They're being little bastards and going "l0lz teeh kod leeohkow iiz teh impossibulz!!1!1!!!!!!!!!!oen!!!!!"

Maybe you should actually do your job and worry about the trolls.

-Rho

EDIT: *sigh*

They're disagreeing with you. They're not calling you names. They're allowed to do this. It's giving an honest opinion on an idea. Yeah, there's a condescending laugh in there, but it's pretty tame stuff.

Just... calm down. These are not the droids you're looking for.

Move along.

-JINZO

(and no more name-calling, seriously)

I seem to recall that he was already banned under a different name anyway. :tongue:

Back on topic, I'm mainly interested in City, Technic and Creator at this point. The 2008 Technic line seems to be a little disappointing so far, so hopefully we'll have better stuff next year. A new space line could also be interesting, but I never really got into Mars Mission; I really like the color schemes on both the alien and human ships and have picked up many of their parts off Bricklink, but most of the actual sets seemed lacking in substance and didn't really appeal to me.

Edited by CP5670

Lego should revamp the Space theme. I've seen the alien thing done too much, on some "red" planet especially. How about getting back to shuttles? Or a moonbase?

I would like to see Historical sets, as someone probably mentioned before. Alexander the Great, Caesar, Lincoln, whatever they are willing to conjure up. Or bring back the Western sets with an authentic feel.

I really like the color schemes on both the alien and human ships and have picked up many of their parts off Bricklink, but most of the actual sets seemed lacking in substance and didn't really appeal to me.

My problem is the gimmicks. They afflict the Bionicle line and they did so in Mars Mission.

It's that thing which brought about air tubes and put holes in the chest of aliens.

Yeah, a space theme would be good. One where the bases are detailed, non-warfare and just plain damn interesting.

A docking bay, be it a starbase housing individual cruiser ships or a lunar base, with a loading dock for piloted rovers and loading mechs... that's the way to go.

I'm all for a good conflict here and there, but space just doesn't work well with it.

Lego could have the "conflict" simply be in making sure the set designs seal up their housing units so the space crew doesn't asphyxiate.

(As in, no "storefront" Hollywood prop type sets... actual, enclosed units that swing open).

Space can be interesting without an interstellar war... I do wonder if Lego still has that touch to make it interesting without just making giant, hardly credible ships or "bad" guys.

2 new themes: Pirate and Space Police???? :hmpf::hmpf:

by thw way, Bob the builder, Thomas and friends, Spongebob, Ferrari should still have products in 2009.

Edited by whung

My problem is the gimmicks. They afflict the Bionicle line and they did so in Mars Mission.

It's that thing which brought about air tubes and put holes in the chest of aliens.

Yeah, a space theme would be good. One where the bases are detailed, non-warfare and just plain damn interesting.

A docking bay, be it a starbase housing individual cruiser ships or a lunar base, with a loading dock for piloted rovers and loading mechs... that's the way to go.

I'm all for a good conflict here and there, but space just doesn't work well with it.

Lego could have the "conflict" simply be in making sure the set designs seal up their housing units so the space crew doesn't asphyxiate.

(As in, no "storefront" Hollywood prop type sets... actual, enclosed units that swing open).

Space can be interesting without an interstellar war... I do wonder if Lego still has that touch to make it interesting without just making giant, hardly credible ships or "bad" guys.

Well, I'm fine with the overall war aspect of it, but it would be better if they sold the human and alien models separately (like they did with old space) instead of these battle scene-type sets. My main issue with MM is that most of the sets have lousy interiors and generally seem hollow and empty on the inside, having gaps and open spaces everywhere and a lot of non-brick based construction. Several models have cramped cockpits that don't allow the minifigs to sit properly and lack any sort of controls. Some of the alien ship designs are pretty impressive in terms of their overall shapes (they actually look alien), but they are even worse in this respect and have essentially no interiors at all. Even the minifigs are a little disappointing; maybe I'm old fashioned, but space guys without any sort of airtanks at all just seem weird to me. :tongue: And the less said about the jelly aliens, the better.

The small Mobile Mining Unit is a notable exception to all this and is the one MM set that I want to get, but that's the only one I can think of.

Edited by CP5670

Well, I honestly don't think that this would ever happen in the modern day and age of Lego. Besides, even the older space themes had hints of conflict in them. Blacktron - one of the most loved space themes ever - was basically a futuristic band of space pirates and mercenaries that the Space Police fought to keep under control.

I think that this would be the best way to do it: Two human sides - a blue and grey exploration force, and a red and black evil mercenary force (this is different from the Space skulls and Star Justice). There would be a ton of large and small space ships, some rovers - maybe even some mechs more in the style of Battletech and the old classic space walkers. Both factions would eventually have a large command ship and space station or HQ released - probably over two years. There would be an emphasis on combat, but also on exploration and mining (think Mars Mission, but with more of the latter and less of the former). In later years they could introduce new factions - a space pirate theme that was separate from the two main sides, maybe a new alien theme, and so on.

I think if TLC does something like this, it would both rock and sell really well. :sweet:

Why is everyone still talking about Code Lyoko? The show ended anyway!

And besides, it would be way to hard for TLC to make minifigs of the characters.

And for the Code Lyoko fans, I'm not dissing it or anything. I'm still a fan of it.

For 2009.....

Indiana Jones -

For the love of all things holy and LEGO, Temple of Doom sets! We need to solve the Mola Ram crisis before it's too late!

Castle -

I'd just like to see some more sets. Hopefully not too expensive and hard to find in stores. It took me a whole year to find 7094... :hmpf_bad:

To my dying day, I'll probably still want Hasbro to go in with Lego to get some kind of Transformers line going.

I do see problems with that immediately though.

Transformers often have bodies that can EASILY be done with Lego, BUT:

--There's no Lego parts yet (Knights Kingdom was executed too shitty to mention) that resemble the blocky hands Transformers have. Every TF model would end up with the same darn fingers we've been observing in Exo-Force and Bionicle. They'd need to make those good old blocky hands, or at least redesign some cool new fingers (which preferably fit 5 digits to one hand).

-Likewise, TF bodies are easy, but their heads are usually very small and detailed. How would heads work? It's a very important issue, as the face sculpts ARE some of the characters, their bodies be damned.

I suppose they'd go the way of Hasbro's attempt at Lego-like Transformers in the "Built to Rule" line, with a detailed 2x2 head being included, though I'd HOPE they'd be more creative, making heads out of 3 separate parts... EXAMPLE, chin section 2 plates high, nose and eye section 1 to 2 plates high, then a signature forehead piece that would hopefully be sculpted and not just a flat, printed tile.

If they did that, one could build any cool robot face they wanted even after that particular line went dead. The parts I described MIGHT sound too character-specific, but it's entirely possible to incorporate them into different uses in different sets, again, even after such a licensing deal went dead.

Going back to space... what might be really cool would be a bunch of different crews trying to bring modules of a starbase or moonbase together... which of course all show in the instructions how to connect.

From there, you could use, as Grevious suggested, space pirates (or even some kind of good space monster) as the reason that struggle exists.

To my dying day, I'll probably still want Hasbro to go in with Lego to get some kind of Transformers line going.

I do see problems with that immediately though.

Transformers often have bodies that can EASILY be done with Lego, BUT:

--There's no Lego parts yet (Knights Kingdom was executed too shitty to mention) that resemble the blocky hands Transformers have. Every TF model would end up with the same darn fingers we've been observing in Exo-Force and Bionicle. They'd need to make those good old blocky hands, or at least redesign some cool new fingers (which preferably fit 5 digits to one hand).

-Likewise, TF bodies are easy, but their heads are usually very small and detailed. How would heads work? It's a very important issue, as the face sculpts ARE some of the characters, their bodies be damned.

I suppose they'd go the way of Hasbro's attempt at Lego-like Transformers in the "Built to Rule" line, with a detailed 2x2 head being included, though I'd HOPE they'd be more creative, making heads out of 3 separate parts... EXAMPLE, chin section 2 plates high, nose and eye section 1 to 2 plates high, then a signature forehead piece that would hopefully be sculpted and not just a flat, printed tile.

If they did that, one could build any cool robot face they wanted even after that particular line went dead. The parts I described MIGHT sound too character-specific, but it's entirely possible to incorporate them into different uses in different sets, again, even after such a licensing deal went dead.

Going back to space... what might be really cool would be a bunch of different crews trying to bring modules of a starbase or moonbase together... which of course all show in the instructions how to connect.

From there, you could use, as Grevious suggested, space pirates (or even some kind of good space monster) as the reason that struggle exists.

While I like your thinking, I doubt Hasbro would want to share another of their most popular licenses with TLG. But, I do think TLG has the talent to produce an original transforming robot series of their own, as long as they're willing to move away from the overly simplistic EF design. I'd like to see them take a whack at it, anyway. It'd be nice to see a line of new parts tailored for the series, especially in the area of ratcheting joints and hinges, and smaller ball joints. Smaller parts to create fingers would be great, too (I still love Gla-Gla's mini-fig arm-as-finger idea). I had a similar idea for the face, i.e. separate parts that can be mixed and matched to create a number of different faces. If they made the series in such a way that they blended in with the rest of the current City scaled vehicles, both 6 and 8 studs wide, I think they'd have a winner. If they could make them accommodate a minifig in vehicle form, that would be even cooler. I hope the remarkably terrible BTR line would be their prime example of what not to do..TLG are better and more talented than that.

I also think a non-combat oriented Space theme would be a nice change. Since mining and exploration have been done to death, perhaps a terra-forming theme, or a space city, with "futuristic" buildings, vehicles, etc. It'd certainly breathe new life into the City theme, which has really become great again over the last few years, and putting the focus on the buildings/vehicles rather than the conflict would make for interesting sets. I miss the old sets with smaller ships fitting into larger ships, opening back doors and lowering cargo ramps, vehicles with steering and suspension features, etc. Basically, all the things that made Classic Space so great and enduringly popular with collectors today should be resurrected. Mission to Mars is on the right track, but, IMHO, still not there. And, apologies to the fellas who created the Factory Space sets; their efforts are cool, but too limited by the Factory pallette, and just lack the awesomeness of the Blacktron, M-tron, Space Police, Futuron, Classic Space, and Exploriens themes.

Transformers: With Transformers: The revenge of the fallen coming in the summer of the next year the TLC will have an excuse to bring a line about them.

The problem is that Hasbro has complete and total ownership of that franchise. Seeing how they made it.

I'm sure he realizes that, rather, now would be a good excuse to "propose" a partnership with Hasbro. :tongue:

M'Kyuun Posted Yesterday, 02:52 PM

I also think a non-combat oriented Space theme would be a nice change. Since mining and exploration have been done to death, perhaps a terra-forming theme, or a space city, with "futuristic" buildings, vehicles, etc. It'd certainly breathe new life into the City theme,

Awesome idea, combining cross-interest with things like City and other themes by way of "Space".

Imagine a bunch of clear, mushroom-shaped domes raised up on moon crater baseplates... harboring different things like living areas, garden / food supply units, etc...

MAN that'd be cool.

That's the kind of cool you dream about, then get pissed off when you wake up and realize it wasn't reality.

I REALLY want pirates to become a new theme. I hope they are made with the same hull pieces as the black seas barracuda. (hopefully not the boat hulls like in pirates 4juniers, or in the harry poters durmstrang ship. and definatly not the bow and stern pieces of the viking ship.) I really hope in the pirate theme that its imperials, pirates and Islanders. PLEASE NO SKELETON PIRATES! (I mean like in Pirates of the Carribean where they come alive )

City

Star Wars

and Pirates (Imperials + Islanders) ON!!!!!

Edited by Mocha

PLEASE NO SKELETON PIRATES! (I mean like in Pirates of the Carribean where they come alive )

I wouldn't mind that, as long as the skeletons aren't naked.

They should ALL be wearing their epaulets, hats, weaponry, etc etc...

And dammit, just ONCE before I die I want to see a Lego pirate ship[ done in at LEAST 75% glow in the dark.

THEN I might turn into a Lego Pirates buying geek.

Awesome idea, combining cross-interest with things like City and other themes by way of "Space".

Imagine a bunch of clear, mushroom-shaped domes raised up on moon crater baseplates... harboring different things like living areas, garden / food supply units, etc...

MAN that'd be cool.

That's the kind of cool you dream about, then get pissed off when you wake up and realize it wasn't reality.

Exactly. It would be open to a lot more imagination for the designers, and better for us too. Plus, instead of forklifts, there could be mecha to do the lifting, lots of weird and interesting bot designs, jetpacks, maybe a tube or pod-on-a-wire type transportation system. Resurrect the old UFO theme dish pieces and put them on stalk-like towers, put a clear top on it, and you've got a great hydroponics bay to simultaneously aerate the atmosphere and provide nourishment. Classic Space styled ships could make a very welcome comeback, as well as allowing for modern designs as well. A space theme like this could co-exist with Star Wars b/c the look and feel of each would be very different, but the lessons and techniques TLG have learned from producing SW would certainly make a Space City theme more interesting..just think of capital Hospital ships, a diplomatic ship where aliens and mini-figs toast a bright future, or a 2001 Space Odyssey inspired type cargo ship. And unlike the white/orange, mining/alien capturing foci of the Mission to Mars sets, Space City would allow any number of themes within the theme to be approached with a variety of figs, colors, ships, bots, buildings, etc. So many possibilities....

PLEASE NO SKELETON PIRATES!
I wouldn't mind that, as long as the skeletons aren't naked.

Also another example like the skeleton ship attack in the castle theme.... I mean noo ships like that.... no stupid bow or stern piece on the ship or skeleton pirates...

City

Star Wars

and Pirates (Imperials + Islanders) ON!!!!!

and btw for the space theme we could have a alien space ship WITH BETTER DESIGNED ALIENS that crashed upon earth... and they inflitrate area 51...and army & swat teams just for M'Kyuun :tongue: jk... but Tanks :wub:

Edited by Mocha