VaneStream

[MOC] The Captain's Daughter (reimagined interior)

51875956097_edbaf78d60_c.jpg

Arrrr, pass me the rum, matey!

The Captain's Daughter is the Tavern of Barracuda Bay. In the set it is very small and unsuitable for filming, so I reimagined and enlarged the interior as a film set for the upcoming Being Pirates 2. It is still set inside the hull of a wrecked ship, as you can see from the angled sides and the gun ports formerly for canons. As the pirates in Being Pirates are not your typical pirates, it has a bit of a hipster cafe vibe to it. The bar area I took from the Lego set Central Perk, and modified it only slightly.

51875956072_185de08df9_c.jpg

51875956207_b01692e1f0_c.jpg

51876919421_07cb8b4458_c.jpg

Watch Being Pirates on my youtube channel if you like: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCda2zDIAOyvTXsep8JcXefQ

Edited by VaneStream

A jolly good pirate pub. :pir-devil:

That lad sitting next to Flint seems strangely familiar to me, not sure why...

Anyway, good job! :pir-thumb:

This is just what we need - another fine pub! :pir-huzzah2:

2 hours ago, VaneStream said:

The Captain's Daughter is the Tavern of Barracuda Bay. In the set it is very small and unsuitable for filming, so I reimagined and enlarged the interior as a film set for the upcoming Being Pirates 2

What's this "Being Pirates 2" about anyway?

(obviously a sequel to the original)

18 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

A jolly good pirate pub. :pir-devil:

That lad sitting next to Flint seems strangely familiar to me, not sure why...

Anyway, good job! :pir-thumb:

Thanks @Jack Sassy! Ha ha, I wonder why :pir_laugh2:. He's going to be a new character in Being Pirates 2, a mysterious character telling fantastical stories.

16 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

This is just what we need - another fine pub! :pir-huzzah2:

What's this "Being Pirates 2" about anyway?

(obviously a sequel to the original)

Thanks @Mister Phes! I don't want to get into too much detail yet, but it'll be a new adventure involving old and new characters, a Kraken, a fort and a harbour town and lot's of treasure. I can't help but think I've overdone it a bit with the amount of work that'll be needed till it'll come out but I'm so deep into it I don't want to give up, but don't expect any new episodes soon.

Great establishment! The decor is eclectic and the furniture well constructed. I especially like the golden dispenser for drinks. In addition, the guests can get delicious cookies for doubloons.

4 hours ago, VaneStream said:

t'll be a new adventure involving old and new characters

Just curious, do you first write screenplay (or similar) with scenes, characters and dialog and then go building MOCs and go in production... or you write the story along the way while building MOCs? What is your process?

By the way, I really loved the first season. Great dialog :pir-thumb:

20 hours ago, NOD said:

Great establishment! The decor is eclectic and the furniture well constructed. I especially like the golden dispenser for drinks. In addition, the guests can get delicious cookies for doubloons.

Thanks NOD!

18 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Just curious, do you first write screenplay (or similar) with scenes, characters and dialog and then go building MOCs and go in production... or you write the story along the way while building MOCs? What is your process?

By the way, I really loved the first season. Great dialog :pir-thumb:

Thanks! Great question, I hadn't reflected on the process myself, and actually, it's a bit of both. I started off with buying Barracuda Bay and getting my old childhood lego back out from which I built the imperial ship Unsinkable II to go along with Barracuda Bay. Those two inspired me to start the Being Pirates series, I wrote the screenplay for season 1 and then went on to build MOCs for it according to what I needed.

For Season 2 I knew I wanted to build a large harbour town (which is yet to be completed, quite a big project), so that setting inspired quite a bit of the screenplay. I then wrote most of the story and am now building more MOCs as the screenplay requires.

Your answer only begins to show how much mental energy, effort and planning ahead goes in the project of this scale. I can only wish you best of luck on your voyage and, as many others here, I'm looking forward to Season-2 :pir-huzzah2:

On 2/13/2022 at 7:40 PM, VaneStream said:

Thanks @Mister Phes! I don't want to get into too much detail yet, but it'll be a new adventure involving old and new characters, a Kraken, a fort and a harbour town and lot's of treasure. I can't help but think I've overdone it a bit with the amount of work that'll be needed till it'll come out but I'm so deep into it I don't want to give up, but don't expect any new episodes soon. 

This seems quite an undertaking!

But feel free to post the occasional teaser image to keep our interest piqued.

On 2/14/2022 at 1:52 PM, Marooned Marin said:

Your answer only begins to show how much mental energy, effort and planning ahead goes in the project of this scale. I can only wish you best of luck on your voyage and, as many others here, I'm looking forward to Season-2 :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you @Marooned Marin! It's great and motivating to know people are looking forward to more :pir_laugh2:

On 2/14/2022 at 4:03 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Great pub design. Gorgeous detail work. It does have a hipster meets ship interior feel.

Thanks Feuer Zug! Hipster Pirates :pir-huzzah1:

On 2/15/2022 at 5:49 AM, Mister Phes said:

But feel free to post the occasional teaser image to keep our interest piqued. 

That's a great Idea, I think I'll post a new topic with teasers, behind the scenes pictures and work in progress pictures.