Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

4 minutes ago, amorti said:

So is it not yet decided?

The black worm is the Cada part, the Grey is Lego

A left and a right one? Is this a bag from the  AMG one?

Edited by efferman

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

I've just opened another set - you guys won't believe what I found :jollyroger::

Oh wow... you'd have one door up and one down!

This guy's model also has the problem of ArcticGenes.

https://youtu.be/cRJ-GXTNBEY?si=h58t4tjQV1cC-aB_

1 hour ago, efferman said:

The black worm is the Cada part, the Grey is Lego

I have grey ones in the new design, so I don't think colour is definitive.

@brunojj1 I emailed info@decadastore.com as the the replacement part tool doesn’t yet recognize the AMG set number as valid.  Is there a better contact email that I should be using or is that sufficient?

Does Cada outsource their production to a factory (or factories) that makes generic parts for other companies as well?  Surely they haven't deliberately designed two different thread worm gears of the same colors in their parts lineup so seems like this would have to be a mix up at a supplier who is producing both types for different companies.

Cada got back to me.......not off to a great start.

Hello Aaron,

You are not the first person to encounter this problem. We have investigated the matter. There is only one type of threaded accessories we produce, which is the one you receive. It has a direction. You can carefully confirm whether the method is correct according to the instructions. When oriented correctly, its function is normal.

Best regards,

CaDA Team

Needless to say i've already responded with pictures showing the difference in my parts and the pics that @brunojj1 sent.  I'll let you guys know when / if I hear back.

Edited by arcticgenes

1 hour ago, arcticgenes said:

Cada got back to me.......not off to a great start.

Needless to say i've already responded with pictures showing the difference in my parts and the pics that @brunojj1 sent.  I'll let you guys know when / if I hear back.

Again, sorry for all the inconvenience! Such kind of response is highly embarassing, as the issue itself is. Don't worry, we'll take care of it on the highest level. The least thing what will happen, is that you'll receive the right parts finally.

I delivered the evidence myself - it's a sealed bag where both types of parts are included, there is no excuse. The good thing is that such errors can be traced back in a modern Kanban operated industry. The mole will be found and made accountable. I wish this person good luck, he or she will face serious consequences. In the end this episode will only enhance the quality control process in general :thumbup:

To all the haters who are silently rejoicing - nothing and nobody will stop CaDA making superior designs and beating the competition over and over again. I slayed some giants already. No fear, no regrets :classic:!

They came back within 10 minutes and said they will happily replace the part.  Fingers crossed the replacement is correct.

@brunojj1 I can safely say while this has been a rollercoaster, for the cost of the set and the quality of the build, i'd gladly buy again CADA.

5 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

To all the haters who are silently rejoicing - nothing and nobody will stop CaDA making superior designs and beating the competition over and over again. I slayed some giants already. No fear, no regrets :classic:!

Let's steer clear of this. Posts like these, and several before, only stir up conflict and drama, leading the staff to question the purpose of this topic and discouraging us from expanding it further.
Again, this is a LEGO forum, and this topic is dedicated to discussing CaDA. Let's keep it that way.

Someone just posted on my BugFixes video that they received one of each worm gear and have one door going up and one down.
I'll leave a pinned comment in case anyone goes to the video for that problem.

Just now, Milan said:

Let's steer clear of this. Posts like these, and several before, only stir up conflict and drama, leading the staff to question the purpose of this topic and discouraging us from expanding it further.
 Again, this is a LEGO forum, and this topic is dedicated to discussing CaDA. Let's keep it that way.

Prune as you see fit, chief.

I've mentioned before - it's your ball and I'm just happy you let us play with it :pir-huzzah1:

Must be a cool company to work for if the Designer itself supports the immediate firing of the employee or threatening with "serious consequences". Must be easier if the labor force is in the east, right.

19 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Must be a cool company to work for if the Designer itself supports the immediate firing of the employee or threatening with "serious consequences". Must be easier if the labor force is in the east, right.

It's indeed a cool company with a bright future IMO. Though labor force is prone to corruption anywhere, you might have little idea what's really going on in business. 

17 minutes ago, Milan said:

Recently you took party in favor of someone accusing me of hatred. I kept calm and peaceful, but said what I had to say. It's your right to decide whatsoever, you are making the rules here. You can silence or ban me, close this topic. No problem, the party will go on somewhere else with a wider audience. It seems to me that new members are being drawed to the forum just because of the existence of this topic and because people enjoy drama :wink:. Otherwise it seems to me that folks tend to migrate to other platforms or simply have less and less interest in the increasingly boring Lego Technic theme.

But OK, thanks for the hint - it has potential to drive my creativity to next level :thumbup:.

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

Recently you took party in favor of someone accusing me of hatred. I kept calm and peaceful, but said what I had to say. It's your right to decide whatsoever, you are making the rules here. You can silence or ban me, close this topic. No problem, the party will go on somewhere else with a wider audience. It seems to me that new members are being drawed to the forum just because of the existence of this topic and because people enjoy drama :wink:. Otherwise it seems to me that folks tend to migrate to other platforms or simply have less and less interest in the increasingly boring Lego Technic theme.

But OK, thanks for the hint - it has potential to drive my creativity to next level :thumbup:.

Drama, as well as calling other members of the forum "fanboys" and "haters" is something we do not want on Eurobricks.
Follow the rules of the forum, and use the report button if you believe something is wrong, instead of engaging.

2 hours ago, Milan said:

Drama, as well as calling other members of the forum "fanboys" and "haters" is something we do not want on Eurobricks.

Moreover, "fanboy" is a poor choice of term considering that not all members of this forum are boys.

17 minutes ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Moreover, "fanboy" is a poor choice of term considering that not all members of this forum are boys.

Sorry for the "discrimination" of the girls and of course the grown-up ladies :blush:! Unfortunately they are rarely seen in this domain, the more they are appreciated! I wish I had more fangirls, I'll read and answer all love letters in my PM box, promised :sweet:.

We should bo back to Cada related themes, so i give a little teaser for what is coming up. I can not telling more at this Time, but these gears are used in my upcoming CaDA Set.

53234756078_87e436970d_c.jpg

2 minutes ago, efferman said:

We should go back to Cada related themes

Yes, we definitely should.

What a lot of gears! What is the grey part above the blue gear?

Can you give us any kind of a hint? The theme perhaps? construction equipment? military?

On 10/3/2023 at 12:57 AM, efferman said:
10 minutes ago, efferman said:

We should bo back to Cada related themes, so i give a little teaser for what is coming up. I can not telling more at this Time, but these gears are used in my upcoming CaDA Set.

53229042561_a78e64c662_c.jpg

Is this is your cada model?
Anyway, are you have cada part file for studio? I want make something too.

10 minutes ago, amorti said:

What is the grey part above the blue gear?

only 20z Wormgears

11 minutes ago, amorti said:

Can you give us any kind of a hint?

sorry, i have no permission to tell more at this time.

10 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Is this is your cada model?

Maybe a part of it.

11 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Anyway, are you have cada part file for studio?

A few, but i have not the permission to share them.

@efferman: Finally, that's good news indeed! I will say a non-supercar model will be refreshing in the portfolio and it's coming not from Eric Trax this time (nothing against Eric's fantastic models)! As I have examined the picture closer - a small note regarding the worm gear: it has the wrong thread, as we've learned recently. Hopefully it will not affect the particular function in your model(?)...

1 minute ago, brunojj1 said:

Hopefully it will not affect the particular function in your model(?)...

The function selection sticker maybe shows the wrong direction, not more.