Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 23. Rumors and discussion

11 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

I think it is. Specifically the price increases for playsets. I couldn't care less if they put another 200 bucks on the Titanic or another 50 on the typewriter. That's how they should offset rising transport and logistic costs. But not the small stuff. The stuff a poor kid asks their parents for twice a year, where 5 euro can already make a difference. Having been that poor kid I see this issue very clearly, and if you don't then you likely come from privilege.

In some respects I do. I just think that Lego has always been a luxury commodity. 

Do agree with @Robert8 though, that the CMFs will be killed off when the pricing becomes ‘too much’ for the core audience. 

39 minutes ago, williejm said:

Do agree with @Robert8 though, that the CMFs will be killed off when the pricing becomes ‘too much’ for the core audience. 

Yeah, serious collectors have always been a part of the equation, but I’m guessing a massive chunk of CMF purchases come from impulse buys. That’s going to peter off if they get too pricey. 

49 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, serious collectors have always been a part of the equation, but I’m guessing a massive chunk of CMF purchases come from impulse buys. That’s going to peter off if they get too pricey. 

I think they know this. A $1 increase on a CMF represents a 20% increase in price for what is meant to be an impulse buy. I would expect them to throw the price increases towards some of the pricier sets that are less likely to take a hit in purchases. Granted, I'm no economist, so I don't really know what I'm talking about. :laugh:

Pricing / inflation is not my best language - I hardly understand.

Anyways, I think an increase in price is because there will be more licensed CMF series next year? I underand that there would be some new parts, new recolored parts, and *cough* goat *cough* in regular CMF series. 

I don’t think we have any idea if Series 23 has an actual price yet. 

4 minutes ago, 1980-Something-Space-Guy said:

I thGranted, I'm no economist, so I don't really know what I'm talking about. :laugh:

I’m with ya, dude.

2 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

Is there a eurobricks topic where we can discuss the price hikes? I think it's absolutely outrageous TLG is doing that after two years of record revenue, inflation be damned.

It's an expensive toy in the first place and sets are getting bigger and more expensive every year anyways. Now they're raising prices on regular playsets? Disgusting.

I can just agree with everything you said.

Yet another point why LEGO looses more and more of my sympathy lately...

Edited by wollolo

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It seems the color scheme of this series will be yellow. 

Ah? Yellow? Not metallic gold or silver then…

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ah? Yellow? Not metallic gold or silver then…

I imagine metallic printed packaging is a bit pricier (and probably at least slightly harder to quality control). Whether or not series 23 is anniversary focused, I think we’d all rather have as much of the budget as possible be put towards the contents instead of the bag. 

It’s also worth noting that other yellow packaged series include series 1, series 18 (celebrating the 40th anniversary of the minifigure), and series 10 (of Mr. Gold infamy). There are more of course, but those 3 are definitely some significant landmarks that mean yellow already has a anniversary connotation within the context of the Minifigure theme - add on the fact that the only 90th anniversary branded set we’ve seen so far, the forestmen gwp, has a yellow box, and I see that color choice actually adding weight to the theory that series 23 is anniversary themed. 

7 hours ago, LB2341 said:

There hasn't been a minfigure series in purple yet.

And pink.

3 hours ago, General Magma said:

Yellow, also the colour of the classic style boxes...

Probably you ae right. 

8 hours ago, LB2341 said:

There hasn't been a minfigure series in purple yet.

I lost hope for that a long time ago. The part that annoys me the most is, even if we get purple bags now, for most of the rest of the colors we only have the original style bags (not the larger ones). I guess I'm one of the few people that saves a bag or two for each series, and I am sad that my classic bags will never form a full color spectrum. :laugh:

Edited by 1980-Something-Space-Guy

1 hour ago, 1980-Something-Space-Guy said:

I lost hope for that a long time ago. The part that annoys me the most is, even if we get purple bags now, for most of the rest of the colors we only have the original style bags (not the larger ones). I guess I'm one of the few people that saves a bag or two for each series, and I am sad that my classic bags will never form a full color spectrum. :laugh:

And PINK! I think purple and pink colors for regular CMF series are not a big problem at all. I mean…purple and pink are ‘considered’ as girly colors, which it’s wrong wrong wrong and wrong. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

And PINK! I think purple and pink colors for regular CMF series are not a big problem at all. I mean…purple and pink are ‘considered’ as girly colors, which it’s wrong wrong wrong and wrong. 

Honestly pink might throw off quite a few boys understandably but dark purple and fuchsia are my favourite colours so I’m not concerned personally.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

15 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Honestly pink might throw off quite a few boys understandably but dark purple and fuchsia are my favourite colours so I’m not concerned personally.

Tbh a lot of that also comes from the adults buying stuff for or with kids, determining who it’s for based on the pack colour. I think that nonsense is starting to break down, and -for example- recent changes in using bright pink more in Soccer / Football strips is a good way to challenge assumptions. 

I think purple, lavender and pink are strongly tied to the FRIENDS line

Thats the only reason I can think of

Im actually more surprised brown hasnt been used in a regular CMF 

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

I think purple, lavender and pink are strongly tied to the FRIENDS line

Thats the only reason I can think of

Im actually more surprised brown hasnt been used in a regular CMF 

Yeah it would just have been good to establish early on that they were simply using brick colours and not dodging the perceived-girly ones. Now that they have left it so long, including them, or ‘duller’ colours seems more of a risk.

to me it’s not about the colour, it’s the design of the pack and figures on front that make the difference 

15 minutes ago, williejm said:

Yeah it would just have been good to establish early on that they were simply using brick colours and not dodging the perceived-girly ones. Now that they have left it so long, including them, or ‘duller’ colours seems more of a risk.

to me it’s not about the colour, it’s the design of the pack and figures on front that make the difference 

Yeah. I think some boys just wanted to buy Freinds sets regardless of girly colors or somehting. 

And yeah, I had a thought exactly. I think the desgin that matter becuase there will be some minifiugres displayed on the front. Some minifigures are quite colorful, the background may be tricky to be chosen. I don’t think brown is a great color for blind bag. It may look like bag had been dyed into melting poop… Just saying. Of course, we had paper bags and plastic bags and their color is just boring. 

Probably dark orange, reddish orange, cream, light green (not lime), electric blue, dark purple, indigo, violet, vermillion, gray fish green, and so many more are out there. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

I definitely still predict throwbacks to classic characters and a bag packaging to fit the aesthetic of the yellow classic boxes they also use for the modern classic theme sets.

I never got why purple is thought of as a "girly" color. It might be the country that I grew up in, but I only became aware that people have that association when I grew up. It's silly, of course, since this is all arbitrary (AFAIK blue being a "boy" color and pink being a "girl" color is something that started in the 80s).

Edited by 1980-Something-Space-Guy

Yellow definately is one of the main iconic LEGO brand colors beside the red/white/black in the logo, seeing how prominent it is on the LEGO stores, bags, and most unthemed packaging.

Blue was also on packaging, but mainly as lettering color (LEGOLAND), or something like the sky in Town but nowhere close to how City boxes look now.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 minutes ago, 1980-Something-Space-Guy said:

I never got why purple is thought of as a "girly" color. It might be the country that I grew up in,

La S 💜💜💜

24 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Yellow definately is one of the main iconic LEGO brand colors beside the red/white/black in the logo, seeing how prominent it is on the LEGO stores, bags, and most unthemed packaging.

Well, yellow is a “minor” color in a LEGO logo because red is a “dominant” color and I think red brick is more iconic. But yeah I agree with you about lego brand stores. 

And classic Lego boxes in the past were yellow, it totally makes sense to me for Series 23.