Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

18 minutes ago, StegoLover said:

Wasn't there also a 100€ to be revealed? Because the T. rex/Atrociraptor set is 80€

There's a 130€ set with, reportedly, Giganotosaurus and Therizinosaurus. 

The last one waiting to be revealed.

3 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I wonder if the biggest set will have a new mold for the head and arms, or just be a repaint of the T-Rex

Giganotosaurus looks different from the T. rex, they won't reuse the same moulds.

5 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I wonder if the biggest set will have a new mold for the head and arms, or just be a repaint of the T-Rex

That's like a Nasutoceratops that would reuse the triceratops head with a different colour :laugh_hard:

14 minutes ago, StegoLover said:

That's like a Nasutoceratops that would reuse the triceratops head with a different colour :laugh_hard:

Yep or even the t rex from the set with the Atrociraptor, rexy wasn't seen in Malta, but Carnotaurus and Allosaurus were, so she might just be a replacement for one of those probably Allosaurus since we have Carnotaurus moulds

Just now, AxolotlPlays said:

Yep or even the t rex from the set with the Atrociraptor, rexy wasn't seen in Malta, but Carnotaurus and Allosaurus were, so she might just be a replacement for one of those probably Allosaurus since we have Carnotaurus moulds

Or just a random Dino. We’ve got multiple t-Rex’s before when there was only rexy on-screen

10 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Yeah, I think that T. rex and Triceratops were the cases in LEGO just decide to cheap out on the wave to not make even more new moulds for Allosaurus or Nasutoceratops. 

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, I think that T. rex and Triceratops were the cases in LEGO just decide to cheap out on the wave to not make even more new moulds for Allosaurus or Nasutoceratops. 

True, but not necessarily the Triceratops, he is actually a kinda rare dino because this would be the second time he appears in an official JW set, if not considered the 2012 Dino set.

Edited by StegoLover

Okay, i gotta say - I’m under impression that there are no new herbiovres other than a recolored Triceratops. I mean, where are Parasaurolophus or Narsutoceratops?! This is where I’m disappointed.

But on the bright side, I am greatly pleased with 4 new dinosaurian species (and one new pterasaur speices, mind you…). I would skip T-rex mold but I would grab a recolored Triceratops to populate a herd. 

I can’t wait to see a biggest set!

2 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

eh, wish it wasn't but i don't see lego getting rid of stickers anytime soon

They won’t get rid of stickers. Never. 

But wait.... Weren't there supposed to be like 11 to 13 sets? Because if you count all the sets (together with JP set and Giganotosaurus set) there are 10. So are we still gonna see more sets getting revealed?

There’s a piece that’s bugging me in the Atrociraptor set. The little trike skull or whatever it is build in the crate, left hand side of the box pic. What’s the head piece? Is it new?

Had a go at putting all the new Lego dinos in one picture and it really hit home how many we're getting this year, they were really hard to all fit in together! I tried my hardest to get the scale right but I'm very interested to seeing how big the Blue raptor piece is next to the others, as well as the Quetzalcoatlus physically next to the pterodons

13 minutes ago, StegoLover said:

But wait.... Weren't there supposed to be like 11 to 13 sets? Because if you count all the sets (together with JP set and Giganotosaurus set) there are 10. So are we still gonna see more sets getting revealed?

And when the big set with Alan Grant in it is revealed we will have at least 11.

I think i can say it now, my source had confirmed the presence of the giga and therizinosaur in the biggest set with a laboratory as a setting.

8 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Had a go at putting all the new Lego dinos in one picture and it really hit home how many we're getting this year, they were really hard to all fit in together! I tried my hardest to get the scale right but I'm very interested to seeing how big the Blue raptor piece is next to the others, as well as the Quetzalcoatlus physically next to the pterodons

Good job! But I think the Trike is slightly bigger.

6 minutes ago, Maple said:

And when the big set with Alan Grant in it is revealed we will have at least 11.

The JP set and Giganotosaurus set both have alan grant... So we should be seeing 2 more sets

Edited by StegoLover

That's a great wave! I like all the three small sets, and I wasn't expecting a Quetzalcoatlus. He's the stand out of the wave for me!

But I have a theory on why there are two sets with the T.Rex: The $80 set would feature a Carnotaurus before the pandemic (and only the +4 set would have a T.Rex, because every JW wave needs a T.Rex set), but since the delay happened and they made Toro in the Camp Cretaceous wave, now they replaced the Carno (which would be accurate to the scene) by another T.Rex because two T.Rexes sell better than two Carnos.

33 minutes ago, StegoLover said:

No. Just those nine plus the biggest set.

Ten sets is still a huge wave.

1 hour ago, StegoLover said:

The JP set and Giganotosaurus set both have alan grant... So we should be seeing 2 more sets

I mean old man Grant. :pir_tong2:

This wave is huge and quite nice. We have nice new dinosaurs and nice recolours. I am a little bit disappointed by the lack of herbivores but it is quite usual. Obviously we will have the a new triceratops and a therizinosaurus it's not that bad I guess.

• 76943 has a random build but I like the recolour of Pteranodon. I have to say I am a bit fed up with the "Pteranodon chase" set every year or so. 
  • 76944 has again a T-Rex. It is disappointing but I guess it is a wink to the opening trailer scene. I like the minifigs and the Fishing & Wildlife Service scheme. It is the only set I am not sure I will take although it has some good points.
  • 76945  I love Ghost atrociraptor and the cute new babies. It is a nice "cheap" set.
  • 76946 This set is really overpriced but I really like the vehicule, the minifigs, the new Blue recolour and I am really pleased with the Beta mould. I didn't think Lego would do a new mould for Beta.
  • 76947 This set is really amazing. The Quetzalcoatlus is stunning. I think the new articulated wings might allow the famous standing position for the flying reptile. :wub:
  • 76948 Vehicule and Atrociraptor are really nice. I like the minifig too. But, this set is way too overpriced ! Again a T-rex... Maybe it truly refers to a movie scene but I have too many of these Rexes to populate my diorama. :wall:
  • 76950 Nice vehicule and great recolour for the triceratops. We can never have too many of this dinosaur. It is the thirs one and with the babies I can now have a nice little herd. I think Lego uses this for a nasutoceratops but it is okay for me.
  • 76951 I like everything in this set except the price. :laugh:

I am wainting for the reveal of the last set but if the line-up is what it is rumoured, it might be one of the greatest JW set. This wave is really huge !

• 76956 is wonderful. Perfect ! If we have a vignette like this one every year, I will be delighted.

6 minutes ago, Arutha said:

This wave is huge and quite nice. We have nice new dinosaurs and nice recolours. I am a little bit disappointed by the lack of herbivores but it is quite usual. Obviously we will have the a new triceratops and a therizinosaurus it's not that bad I guess.

• 76943 has a random build but I like the recolour of Pteranodon. I have to say I am a bit fed up with the "Pteranodon chase" set every year or so. 
  • 76944 has again a T-Rex. It is disappointing but I guess it is a wink to the opening trailer scene. I like the minifigs and the Fishing & Wildlife Service scheme. It is the only set I am not sure I will take although it has some good points.
  • 76945  I love Ghost atrociraptor and the cute new babies. It is a nice "cheap" set.
  • 76946 This set is really overpriced but I really like the vehicule, the minifigs, the new Blue recolour and I am really pleased with the Beta mould. I didn't think Lego would do a new mould for Beta.
  • 76947 This set is really amazing. The Quetzalcoatlus is stunning. I think the new articulated wings might allow the famous standing position for the flying reptile. :wub:
  • 76948 Vehicule and Atrociraptor are really nice. I like the minifig too. But, this set is way too overpriced ! Again a T-rex... Maybe it truly refers to a movie scene but I have too many of these Rexes to populate my diorama. :wall:
  • 76950 Nice vehicule and great recolour for the triceratops. We can never have too many of this dinosaur. It is the thirs one and with the babies I can now have a nice little herd. I think Lego uses this for a nasutoceratops but it is okay for me.
  • 76951 I like everything in this set except the price. :laugh:

I am wainting for the reveal of the last set but if the line-up is what it is rumoured, it might be one of the greatest JW set. This wave is really huge !

• 76956 is wonderful. Perfect ! If we have a vignette like this one every year, I will be delighted.

I agree with every word of this. A shame we didn't get at least Nasuto or Parasaurolophus

26 minutes ago, StegoLover said:

I agree with every word of this. A shame we didn't get at least Nasuto or Parasaurolophus

Agreed on the lack of new herbivores…. :(

I’m pretty impressed that Quetzalcoatlus is so larger than the standard Pterandon, only with wingspan as large as 11.5 inches. I like it!

Poor minifig passsengers on airplanes….they will see that largest pterosaur speices!

8 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

There’s a piece that’s bugging me in the Atrociraptor set. The little trike skull or whatever it is build in the crate, left hand side of the box pic. What’s the head piece? Is it new?

Looks like the overwatch gun. You mean the small white build that resembles a skull?

This has to be one of the strongest waves for LEGO Dinosaurs IMO. Definitely picking buying my first LEGO dinosaur come April.

22 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Looks like the overwatch gun. You mean the small white build that resembles a skull?

This has to be one of the strongest waves for LEGO Dinosaurs IMO. Definitely picking buying my first LEGO dinosaur come April.

Spot on, thank you. I recognised it but couldn’t find it in modified bricks, now I know why.