Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I built the Quetzalcoatlus and Pyroraptor sets yesterday, I absolutely love them, especially the Quetzalcoatlus set! The plane is a really nice, refreshing build to me and everything about the way the back sextion opens and closes and how the tool rack nestles perfectly in place is just really satisfying. It's also really nice that all 3 figs can fit in the cockpit even if it's a little cramped. My only real complaint with the plane is that the fuselage needed to be longer but it's not as bad in person as it seemed in pictures. I absolutely love the Quetza, it's massive and looks incredible. They were always my favorite pterosaurs but I never imagined them being featured on a movie or a LEGO set. I just really, really wish there was more articulation for the head and wings so it could be put in a walking stance. At least the wings can pivot forward and backward in addition to flapping so that helps get some neat poses. I'm definitely displaying mine on top of the plane just like in the trailer. It fits perfectly too if you have the wings tilted just the right way, they nestle perfectly behind the propellers. I really like the Pyroraptor set too, very happy to finally have Ian Malcolm in my collection but I definitely need to find a younger version of him too, afterall he's my favorite Jurassic Park/World character. The Pyro looks great, lots of great color, just wish the claws and teeth were painted too bit there's already a lot of paint apps on it. I really dig the off-road vehicle build and it's also nice to get Ellie Satler even if I'll end up geting the Giga set which also has her. 

Edited by ToaDraco

I just got the t rex diorama with the giganotosaurus set (15% discount on this one, so I could not pass it up, wont build it though until the movie comes out). So far I have build one of the Ford explorers. I am really digging the design. I dont see many mention this, but the rims for the explorers are printed, and so is the quote with jp logo. I really really hope Lego decides to release the visitors centre with some of the jeeps, or at least a t rex chase set with a jeep. (muldoon pls??)

3 hours ago, Velicoraptor3 said:

I really really hope Lego decides to release the visitors centre with some of the jeeps, or at least a t rex chase set with a jeep. (muldoon pls??)

Enough T. Rexes for me... I had a set in mind (diorama) like the grass field with a Brachiosaurus and some tall trees which could include a jeep or 2.

Anyways, I was searching a bit and it seems that the diorama breakout set can't connent to the UCS gate set from 2019 and I think that's really a missed opportunity

5 hours ago, StegoLover said:

Anyways, I was searching a bit and it seems that the diorama breakout set can't connent to the UCS gate set from 2019 and I think that's really a missed opportunity

Yup, its impossible. There are no connections possible in both sets. I dont really mind it that much, it would not be accurate nor fit on my shelf ; )

5 hours ago, StegoLover said:

…why on Earth would they fit together? They’re in completely different scales :laugh:

7 hours ago, StegoLover said:

Bruh, why would they even connect? :jollyroger:

Completely different scale and style.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…why on Earth would they fit together? They’re in completely different scales :laugh:

This. I know the gate is far away from the T-rex breakout scene. It totall makes no sense why they should be connected real close??

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bruh, why would they even connect? :jollyroger:

Completely different scale and style.

Also this. 

Okay! I just finished buidling Quetzalcoatlus Plne Ambush today. 

Like I said in other post about Quetzalcoatlus, it’s still amazing does face it’s stiff.  I love that new pterosaur speices so much! I hope TLG would reuse this mold for differnet purpose, rather than a pterosaur alone. For example, dragon or medieval dragon alien creature (like one from Avatar movie).Who knows…

Anyways, as I was building this plane, I thought it was pretty odd seeing tails in the back of the plane. However, when it’s completed, it looks so good in my hands. I don’t think I would sell it while keeping Quetzalcoatlus. I like the color scheme, it’s great also. Minifigure selection is pretty nice. 

I will bild Pryoratpor & Dilophosaurus Transport set later. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Hunting went well today! Found the Giganotosaurus and Therizinosaurus Attack set and the Pyroraptor and Dilophosaurus Transport set! Very happy with my finds lol, now there's just the Jurassic Park set and the polybag to find haha

Wow they are amazing sets!!! I love this whole wave so much!! Still have the polybag and jurassic park sets to go but I will get them eventually.

The Biosyn Eurocopter is really satisfying to build, just like the 2015 Masranis Eurocopter, it all connects so elegantly and the shape of it when building is just so cool to see! And the Jeep Gladiator (pretty sure thats what it is) looks fantastic! The Pyroraprors head feathering honestly doesn't look that bad in person, and from a front view it kinda looks like it fans out a little, but not as much as its tail. The Giganotosaurus and Therizinoaaurus are cool new species aswell, though that body piece cannot be reused for Spinosaurus, it won't work. Also I don't think anyone's talked about how the Giganotosaurus has a little bit of a different shade of green under its black pattern that blends it into the dual molded underbelly (fairly certain its dual molded but I'm not an expert in Lego so take my words lightly lol). The Therizinosaurus is nice, though I can't ignore the hands, it looks quite strange lol. (Also in the build there are two screens with dinosaurs and in every review of the set I've seen people say it's a therizinosaurus (which is correct) and the Giganotosaurus (obviously they are assuming that it's just silhouettes of the dinosaurs included in the set) which is nor correct, it's a t.rex..)

Anyone knows if Sami Mustonen sold the instructions for their Jurassic Park microscale? I would try to build them!

Lego Ideas | Micro Jurassic Park

Oh man, I just got a chance to compare Skype (Quetzalcoatlus) to Peter and Pixie (two Pteranodons). Skye is definitely a big boss of the sky! And I like it. Skye does have a dragon-like vibe to me. 

Anyways, I finsihed building Blaze (Pyroraptor) & Vemon (Dilophosaurus) Transport. I think the vehcile is pretty good - it does’t look like a Jeep to me. More like a Ford? I like Ellie minifigure - she is one of my favorite characters, next to Alan). 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh boy, the T. rex Breakout set has just been delivered to me. So extremely excited to start building this one :moar:

Enjoy! I built it over the weekend. Such an awesome set!

Just built it, and it's definitely one of my favourite sets ever (right behind Horizon Forbidden West Tallneck and The Upside Down).

Wow, all the little details this set has! The minifigures are fantastic. I love the whole diorama, it's incredible. The cars are awesome.

The T. Rex is the standout for me tho, didn't expect it to be THIS good. I'd love to get more buildable dinosaurs tbh, I think I prefer them to moulded ones.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Just built it, and it's definitely one of my favourite sets ever (right behind Horizon Forbidden West Tallneck and The Upside Down).

Wow, all the little details this set has! The minifigures are fantastic. I love the whole diorama, it's incredible. The cars are awesome.

The T. Rex is the standout for me tho, didn't expect it to be THIS good. I'd love to get more buildable dinosaurs tbh, I think I prefer them to moulded ones.

Agree 100%. I would usually prefer the moulded t-rex but after building this one it looks so good!

PS Can't wait to get the Tallneck!

24 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Agree 100%. I would usually prefer the moulded t-rex but after building this one it looks so good!

PS Can't wait to get the Tallneck!

Gonna get it tomorrow, never been so excited to get a LEGO set :moar:

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh, nice! Is it available sooner for people in Europe? I can't order it until May 1. :cry_sad:

3 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Oh, nice! Is it available sooner for people in Europe? I can't order it until May 1. :cry_sad:

Technically not, but it's already available in some retailers in my country.

On 4/26/2022 at 5:27 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Did you find the set lol? 

20 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Did you find the set lol? 

Ordered it from my local retailer a few days ago. Built it yesterday, and it's absolutely incredible. 

22 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Ordered it from my local retailer a few days ago. Built it yesterday, and it's absolutely incredible. 

Cool! It looks like a cool and highly detailed set. Perhaps it's success will give Lego a reason to make more sets from that game?

On 4/27/2022 at 7:06 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Just curious, which local retailer did you get it from? I hope my local Target carries it.