Clone OPatra

Super Mario 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Looks like that 6 figure box rumor was false. A bit nervous for DC fans and that Tower of Fate rumor.

So the piece count is revealed for Mario Summer 2022 

71403 354 Pieces 

71404 76 Pieces 

71405 154 Pieces 

71406 246 Pieces

71407 494 Pieces 

71408 1216 Pieces 

71409 540 Pieces

71410 47 Pieces 

71411 D2C 

I’m curious to see what the new D2C is. It’s seeming like they’re basing it off  Nintendo’s more successful eras/consoles. If it was NES first and N64 second, I could see a Wii next.

7 minutes ago, TheLegoExperience said:

I’m curious to see what the new D2C is. It’s seeming like they’re basing it off  Nintendo’s more successful eras/consoles. If it was NES first and N64 second, I could see a Wii next.

It’s interesting, it’s Mario Karts 30th Anniversary as the first one was released for the SNES, Super Mario Sunshines 20th Anniversary for the GameCube, Mario Galaxy’s 15th Anniversary for the Wii and Mario Odysseys 5th Anniversary for the Switch. 
For me I’m debating between either a micro-scale or minifigure scale Delfino Island, A Buildable Mario Kart, A Brick-built Mario Galaxy star, or a UCS Odyssey ship

3 hours ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

It’s interesting, it’s Mario Karts 30th Anniversary as the first one was released for the SNES, Super Mario Sunshines 20th Anniversary for the GameCube, Mario Galaxy’s 15th Anniversary for the Wii and Mario Odysseys 5th Anniversary for the Switch. 
For me I’m debating between either a micro-scale or minifigure scale Delfino Island, A Buildable Mario Kart, A Brick-built Mario Galaxy star, or a UCS Odyssey ship

That’s certainly a lot of game anniversaries, I didn’t realize they were all this year. I feel like either Mario Kart (because of the big anniversary and is a huge mainstay for Mario) or Odyssey (Mario’s most popular game in quite a while) has the biggest chance, but all have great potential!

8 hours ago, The Stud said:

Looks like that 6 figure box rumor was false. A bit nervous for DC fans and that Tower of Fate rumor.

I’m not sure what you mean by 6 figure box?

Anyways, it looks like Mario CMF rumor was false. 

4 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not sure what you mean by 6 figure box?

Anyways, it looks like Mario CMF rumor was false. 

That’s what I was referring to. There were rumors of a six minifigure box for Mario in the same numbering as the other CMF stuff.

1 minute ago, The Stud said:

That’s what I was referring to. There were rumors of a six minifigure box for Mario in the same numbering as the other CMF stuff.

Ah got you now. 

2 hours ago, TheLegoExperience said:

That’s certainly a lot of game anniversaries, I didn’t realize they were all this year. I feel like either Mario Kart (because of the big anniversary and is a huge mainstay for Mario) or Odyssey (Mario’s most popular game in quite a while) has the biggest chance, but all have great potential!

Clearly we all want a D2C giant Cappy :laugh:

I feel like Mario Kart would probably sell the best, seeing as it's probably the most relevant of those other than maybe Odyssey, but it would probably be easier to do a set based on one of the open world games.  Galaxy and Sunshine are obviously massively popular games and seen as legendary titles (especially as evidenced by the fact that they saw a re-release on the Switch), but I feel like the possible issue there is that they might be too similar to the question mark block.  Micro-scale versions of 3D levels is probably only going to be able to go so far, and I'd argue that Peach's castle and some of Mario 64 levels are probably the most iconic out of any of the 3D Mario games.

4 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Clearly we all want a D2C giant Cappy :laugh:

I wouldn’t hate that honestly!

18 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I feel like Mario Kart would probably sell the best, seeing as it's probably the most relevant of those other than maybe Odyssey, but it would probably be easier to do a set based on one of the open world games.  Galaxy and Sunshine are obviously massively popular games and seen as legendary titles (especially as evidenced by the fact that they saw a re-release on the Switch), but I feel like the possible issue there is that they might be too similar to the question mark block.  Micro-scale versions of 3D levels is probably only going to be able to go so far, and I'd argue that Peach's castle and some of Mario 64 levels are probably the most iconic out of any of the 3D Mario games.

Yeah Mario Kart seems highly likely. If they went for it Rainbow Road in some form seems like the route they would take.

I’m also curious what the regular sets will bring, see how they expanded their reach with the Luigi Mansion stuff this year.

On 1/12/2022 at 1:19 AM, TheLegoExperience said:

Yeah Mario Kart seems highly likely. If they went for it Rainbow Road in some form seems like the route they would take.

I’m also curious what the regular sets will bring, see how they expanded their reach with the Luigi Mansion stuff this year.

I honestly would be interested to see if they would expand MK to the regular line of sets. It could definitely be interesting, but it is a bit more difficult without a "defined course," unless that was the set (a course with scanning points through the race to map progress). 

Rainbow Road would definitely be iconic, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went with someone like the Mario Circuit (iconic, and less difficult to pull off well (and consistent in appearance, at least relatively)).

Lego Mario Kart sets would be pretty cool, getting Lego race cars outside of Speed Champions would be really cool!

Also Mario Kart was like my childhood game that I would always play, it would also be awesome to get the course as part of the set (maybe to much to expect from Lego) 

Mario Kart would be the perfect subtheme to introduce minifigures. The course builder system is one thing that’s clearly worked well, but MK tracks at the digi-figure scale would demand a lot of space. 

I remember when Marvel and DC had the Mighty Micros sets going for a few years, that format would be perfect for Mario Kart. Two competing karts and characters at a relatively low price point, complemented by larger track-based sets would be amazing.

11 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I honestly would be interested to see if they would expand MK to the regular line of sets. It could definitely be interesting, but it is a bit more difficult without a "defined course," unless that was the set (a course with scanning points through the race to map progress). 

Rainbow Road would definitely be iconic, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went with someone like the Mario Circuit (iconic, and less difficult to pull off well (and consistent in appearance, at least relatively)).

I think it could definitely work, especially with how Lego Mario focuses on play features and expansion. Small built courses you can drive around and connect seems like something that fits the theme well.

I was definitely only thinking of Rainbow Road at first, but yeah Mario Circuit would be easier while still being an iconic track.

I could even see small sets of certain karts being sold similar to the powerup suits

Prices (from eugenetoyandhobby): 

71403 $59.99

71404 $9.99

71405 $19.99

71406 $29.99 

71407 $79.99 

71408 $129.99

71409 $69.99

71410 $5.99

71411 $229.99

71411 is definitely a D2C at that price. I could see ‘03 being a new starter set as well, but I don’t know. 

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I could see ‘03 being a new starter set as well, but I don’t know. 

I would say extremely likely that is a new starter set.

On 2/15/2022 at 6:00 PM, NoOneOfImportance said:

I could see ‘03 being a new starter set as well, but I don’t know. 

Lego Wario please.

On 2/15/2022 at 12:00 PM, NoOneOfImportance said:

71411 is definitely a D2C at that price. I could see ‘03 being a new starter set as well, but I don’t know. 

If we get another starter character, I'd guess it very likely to be Princess Peach, given her conspicuous absence in the Lego releases so far.  Plus, that $129.99 set seems like a pretty good contender for Peach's Castle.

4 hours ago, remachinate said:

If we get another starter character, I'd guess it very likely to be Princess Peach, given her conspicuous absence in the Lego releases so far.  Plus, that $129.99 set seems like a pretty good contender for Peach's Castle.

Welcome to Eurobricks! 

And Peach is definitely a possibility. I do question how they would have her work with the past accessories, given that they are designed relatively specifically for Mario and Luigi's character designs, but they could make it work. 

As for the castle, given that Bowser's Castle should be retiring, I could definitely see Peach's castle coming, potentially with Bowser and, if they didn't have Peach as a new Starter Pack figure, perhaps Peach as well. 

On 2/15/2022 at 5:00 PM, NoOneOfImportance said:

Prices (from eugenetoyandhobby): 

71403 $59.99

71404 $9.99

71405 $19.99

71406 $29.99 

71407 $79.99 

71408 $129.99

71409 $69.99

71410 $5.99

71411 $229.99

I’ve got a feeling one of these sets will be the theme of Super Mario Sunshine, Or Mario Galaxy as it’s their anniversary’s this year, not to forget Mario Kart 

On 2/19/2022 at 6:07 PM, remachinate said:

The thing is I think Peach might still be likelier to show up as an "NPC" character like Toad or Yoshi (probably in a set like a Peach's Castle) than as a digi-fig. A more "Mario-esque" character like Wario feels like they might be a more natural fit for things like the existing power-up overalls than Peach.

That said, whatever playable character comes next (if any further ones do at all) is far less certain than Luigi. Luigi has been the alternative to Mario and the "Player 2" option since his introduction, but once you get beyond that the third or fourth player options are way less consistent, and Peach is certainly up there with other characters like Toad and Wario as some of the most prominent "Player 3" options. If Peach does get released as a digi-fig, I at least hope Mario or Luigi get cute bashful expressions if they try on her dress, sort of like in games like Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.

Was it Knex that made Mario sets years ago? Both karts/bikes with characters and tracks and sets. 

I most prefer cmf blindbags of actual minifigures BUT would also buy Mario version of sets similar to Speed Champions with a Mario minifig in each. 

Speed Champion sets can be a little more advanced tho. It's possible LEGO already considered this and ruled it out bc they THOUGHT Mario would appeal to a younger demographic and not an older crowd that would prefer more Speed Champ-esque building challenges.