Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Welp the con came and went, as expected no surprise DC stuff. Again lego should just announce they've discontinued the theme and get it over with

2 hours ago, rome00150 said:

Welp the con came and went, as expected no surprise DC stuff. Again lego should just announce they've discontinued the theme and get it over with

On 6/19/2022 at 6:31 AM, NovaBricks said:

The theme is dead. It’s time to let go. 

Okay first of all, why would they have surprise DC sets at Lego Con? Like dont you think they'd want to advertise that?

Secondly, why would they announce they've discontinued the theme? Like they still sell DC sets at stores? If they had discontinued the theme they wouldnt be selling those?

On 6/17/2022 at 8:21 PM, rome00150 said:

I am aware lego doesn't own it :hmpf_bad:. I was meaning that lego should drop the license so that DC can sell it to someone that will actually do things with it since lego is wasting it

Are you aware DC can sell the licence to several companies at once? Just because Lego has it doesnt mean someone else cant make DC toys.

Source: We have other toy companies making DC toys.

4 hours ago, rome00150 said:

TLG don’t usually announce the discontinuing of themes. Why would they? Retired themes simply quietly fade out of existence :tongue:

Also, DC is still getting sets, like that delayed Flash Batmobile. I’d rather have a few sets here and there than none!

Just because they aren't mindlessly churning out Mechs, like some other themes, doesn't mean the theme is dead, lol. Patience my friend, there will be more. 

On 6/18/2022 at 2:21 AM, rome00150 said:

I am aware lego doesn't own it :hmpf_bad:. I was meaning that lego should drop the license so that DC can sell it to someone that will actually do things with it since lego is wasting it

Sell to toy brick companies? Since we already have action figures?

You want mega blocks dc?

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

Just because they aren't mindlessly churning out Mechs, like some other themes, doesn't mean the theme is dead, lol. Patience my friend, there will be more. 

Yeah the difference between the DC and Marvel themes is clearly mechs. Marvel has ~25 sets this year  according to Brickset, depending on how you want to count them  (I didn't include mechs which would make it 29). DC has...wait for it...one set, and that set barely counts as it's a polybag that released on the first of the year. I guess two sets if you're counting the art set.

Lego doesn't need to "sell the license" or whatever but we do have to accept the theme is probably going to go the way of Harry Potter and go on hiatus for a while, with the very occasional Batman or movie-tie in set. We don't even have a sniff of a rumor of DC sets outside of a delayed movie tie-in and 4+ set. Pretty safe to say they've exhausted the well of bat-vehicles and don't much care to do comic-based sets. I mean, even the Marvel ones are pretty much all mechs or MCU based. I've said it before but I think short of *maybe* a '66 batmobile that LEGO is out of things they can do for D2C's. And even that is pretty niche.

My dream set is a comic-accurate Arkham in the mold of the Daily Bugle set, with the entirety of the bat-family and a healthy selection of the rogues. It won't happen, but one can dream.

4 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

Yeah the difference between the DC and Marvel themes is clearly mechs. Marvel has ~25 sets this year  according to Brickset, depending on how you want to count them  (I didn't include mechs which would make it 29). DC has...wait for it...one set, and that set barely counts as it's a polybag that released on the first of the year. I guess two sets if you're counting the art set.

Lego doesn't need to "sell the license" or whatever but we do have to accept the theme is probably going to go the way of Harry Potter and go on hiatus for a while, with the very occasional Batman or movie-tie in set. We don't even have a sniff of a rumor of DC sets outside of a delayed movie tie-in and 4+ set. Pretty safe to say they've exhausted the well of bat-vehicles and don't much care to do comic-based sets. I mean, even the Marvel ones are pretty much all mechs or MCU based. I've said it before but I think short of *maybe* a '66 batmobile that LEGO is out of things they can do for D2C's. And even that is pretty niche.

My dream set is a comic-accurate Arkham in the mold of the Daily Bugle set, with the entirety of the bat-family and a healthy selection of the rogues. It won't happen, but one can dream.

I still haven't seen a Bat Train, post-Keaton '90's UCS Batman LEGO models, Batman Beyond / OG animated stuff, or anything about the Bat-Wolf that was from from the TLBM art book. The well of Bat-vehicles will never run dry... If it did, DC will have stopped publishing comics / creating content for several years before it would catch up to Lego.

After-all, DC is the house that Batman built.... They'd never let him die!

Edited by Murdoch17

On 6/21/2022 at 3:50 AM, PGBQW said:

Are you aware DC can sell the licence to several companies at once? Just because Lego has it doesnt mean someone else cant make DC toys.

Source: We have other toy companies making DC toys.

I am aware but why would Lego hold onto a theme that they barely use.

On 6/21/2022 at 9:38 AM, thephantasm said:

Sell to toy brick companies? Since we already have action figures?

You want mega blocks dc?

At this point I'd rather anything than nothing, this theme is practically dead the sooner we accept that the less we'll feel disappointed when nothing new is announced 

Edited by rome00150

4 hours ago, rome00150 said:

At this point I'd rather anything than nothing, this theme is practically dead the sooner we accept that the less we'll feel disappointed when nothing new is announced 

Who hasn't accepted that?

5 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Who hasn't accepted that?

Fair enough...it's disappointing though my favorite sets are the comic based ones for both superhero themes and DC used to have way more than Marvel but there is a serious lack of them now

At this point, it seems to be like beating a dead horse and if you choose to believe DC is dead that is fine with me. However I am confident in a couple of months, we will be talking about new sets, lol. Not sure who you are trying to convince.

15 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

At this point, it seems to be like beating a dead horse and if you choose to believe DC is dead that is fine with me. However I am confident in a couple of months, we will be talking about new sets, lol. Not sure who you are trying to convince.

Exactly. While there is an undeniable draught, sets are still getting released! The theme is only dead if we stop getting new sets altogether :tongue:

12 hours ago, rome00150 said:

[...] why would Lego hold onto a theme that they barely use.

12 hours ago, rome00150 said:

At this point I'd rather anything than nothing [...]

So which one is it :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Exactly. While there is an undeniable draught, sets are still getting released! The theme is only dead if we stop getting new sets altogether :tongue:

Yeah. The theme is not getting many sets, but there are still sets. It's not dead.

Some of this theme's fans current outlook reminds me of a conversation from Monty Python and the Holy Grail that I've paraphrased and modified below:

(DC theme gets shot with an arrow through the chest by Lego from off in the distance)

Fans: "Oh no! I will avenge you, fallen theme! Your tragic loss will not be in vain!"

DC Theme: "I'm not actually dead, I'm feeling much better, to be honest."

Fans: "Well, then you will not have been mortally wounded in vain!"

DC: "I'm quite sure I'll pull through..."

Fans: "Shush now, DC theme! I must now rush off to vanquish my new-found foe!"

(Fans rush off to fight Lego while leaving injured theme behind)

DC: "I'll just wait here, then?"

(Anybody else feeling like this?)

Edited by Murdoch17

17 hours ago, PGBQW said:

So which one is it :laugh_hard:

I'd rather they actually put some effort into this theme. A few art sets and a 4+ set are less than barely anything if you ask me. I don't understand how people can defend this theme when it's probably going to be retired or downgraded to just Batman. Lego is wasting its potential. It may not be dead but it's on life support 

Edited by rome00150

So just saying there will be more sets is defending the theme, okay I will accept that, I am DC Defender, lol. 

Well we got our first leak of the Harley figure in the 4+ set...and it's sort of new? The head, torso, and legs are reused from the variant that's been around since 2020, but the hairpiece is from The Lego Batman Movie Harley with inverted colors this time. I guess it's better than giving her the pink and blue pigtails again, but this change is definitely going to irk me as Harley has always had red on her right side and black on her left, whether it be the jester hat or the dyed hair. If it were up to me, this would've been the perfect opportunity to make a minifigure based on her appearance in James Gunn's The Suicide Squad (as we'll never get actual sets from that movie), but I guess not. Throwing in an exclusive minifigure in this set would've been a great incentive for adults/collectors like what the Juniors sets used to do with figures like the Animated Series-esque Mr. Freeze.

Now the worst part of the set: according to the comments on Instagram, the Batman included is the EXACT SAME black suit version that has been around since this theme's inception. It has been 10. YEARS. since that figure was first introduced in the DC sets and it just will not die already. This is officially worse than Lego reusing the same Ultimate Spider-Man figure from 2012-2019, I could army-build with the amount of times they've used this figure. 

If Lego is so adamant on using repeat figures, why not use the Batman that came in last year's Accessory Pack that's been retired now for a while? That set was on Backorder half the time on Shop@Home because of the amazingly updated 2006 Batman minifigure/the Hush suit, and not only is it STILL the current Batsuit that he's been wearing in the comics since 2018, it would give a lot of people more of a reason to buy this 4+ set since the Accessory Pack felt like it was released and retired in the span of a month. And if Lego really wanted to be pedantic and keep some form of "exclusivity" with the 2021 pack, they could swap the legs that had the trunks printing/dual molded boots with standard light bluish grey legs with a black hip piece instead. That'd be fine by me as long as I didn't have to see that black suit Batsuit ever again, at this rate it'll outlive us all. 

Edited by TheBatstan

So Harley Quinn leaked, and this version looks so random. The heads's blue and pink colours don't even fit her black and red outfit :jollyroger:

It's fine, I guess. I've never been a fan of harley or understood why she's so popular, so the fact that we've gotten almost as many harleys as jokers when there are so many great batman villains is starting to irk me, but the hair on this one is pretty good at least. 

76220: Batman™ versus Harley Quinn™
The minifigures are batman (2012 black suit using the one holed cape)
Harley Quinn (head, torso and legs) from the 2020 version and a recolor from the Lego Batman Movie Harley
Quinn hair)
The build is really similar as the 76189: Captain America and Hydra Face-Off, it's a black batman motorcycle with the batman logo in yellow 2x2 round tiles on the sides and a printed slope on the front. Harley comes with a lime skateboard and a blue/red hammer build.
From Lego_fulcrum
Edited by leg

Don’t mind me, I’m just doing what I do every time a new Harley Quinn figure comes out…

WHY DO WE NOT HAVE A ZOMBIE CHEARLEADER PIGTAIL RECOLOR IN BLACK AND RED YET???

Thank you and that’ll be all.

Edited by Legocity2713

On 6/24/2022 at 9:08 AM, Johnny1360 said:

So just saying there will be more sets is defending the theme, okay I will accept that, I am DC Defender, lol. 

This theme is in dire need of actual effort. A 4+ set and one Batmoblie in 2023 is bare minimum. This theme is in pretty bad shape despite what supporters are saying. I mean look at how many pages the Marvel thread has compared to this one.