Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I personally think Shazam! sets would be too similar to The Eternals sets with "colorful superheroes teams, spaceships, mystical creatures, (and) ancient gods". I don't need more of those sets with bland minifigures that pretty much look the same minus the different the color suits, but with the same white capes and lightning bolts on the chest. That being said, give me some Black Adam sets with Atom Smasher, Doctor Fate, Hawkman and the long overdue Back Adam minifig. That's what I want.

If only Dwayne Johnson was as passionate about Lego as he is about bringing Black Adam to our screens. 

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's not like they have anything to show :jollyroger:

"And now, coming at you live from LEGOCON, an exclusive inside look at our DC designers and their plans for new sets!"

*smash cut to a single man crying in the corner of a room as he attempts to put together a bat-zepplin set with his $2.37 budget*

On 5/18/2022 at 2:06 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

"And now, coming at you live from LEGOCON, 

On 5/17/2022 at 11:04 PM, RedHoodPug said:

If only Dwayne Johnson was as passionate about Lego as he is about bringing Black Adam to our screens. 

Lego Con hosted by Dwayne Johnson? :tongue::pir-yoda:

On 5/19/2022 at 1:43 AM, Agent Kallus said:

Lego Con hosted by Dwayne Johnson? :tongue::pir-yoda:

When is lego con

17 hours ago, eldiano said:

When is lego con

5pm BST so Noon EST or 10am mountain time, or 9am is Pacific time.

On Saturday ( the eighteenth of June as McMurder said)

Looking at the latest Black Adam promo arts and Funko POPs, I'm so passed off LEGO just ignored that gem of a movie.

Black Adam. Four colorful members of the JSA, who also happen to have a big aircraft. Sabbac as the villain. 

Imagine a set like this: JSA's Cruiser and buildable Atom Smasher (like Grawp or Ant-Man) as the builds, while minifigures would be Black Adam, Hawkman, Cyclone, Dr. Fate and Sabbac.

It would sell like hot cakes.

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Looking at the latest Black Adam promo arts and Funko POPs, I'm so passed off LEGO just ignored that gem of a movie.

Black Adam. Four colorful members of the JSA, who also happen to have a big aircraft. Sabbac as the villain. 

Imagine a set like this: JSA's Cruiser and buildable Atom Smasher (like Grawp or Ant-Man) as the builds, while minifigures would be Black Adam, Hawkman, Cyclone, Dr. Fate and Sabbac.

It would sell like hot cakes.

Would it, though? Say what you want about the constant Batman spam, but kids know who he is. Black adam...it's not like avengers or justice league, where the characters were already well-known due to previous films or the comics. 95% of kids wouldn't know a single one of these guys. Heck, I like to consider myself somewhat well-versed in DC lore, and before this movie I knew Black Adam, Dr Fate, and Hawkman, but no idea who cyclone or Sabbac were. I did know Atom-Smasher, but I think it was just from the Flash show, because I thought he was a villain. And sure, once the movie comes out, more kids will know them, but if it doesn't do well, the set's dead in the water. Look at the eternals sets. Lots of characters no kids knew before the movie, and I can find Arisham's shadow half off at target. A set like this would really be just for the hardcore DC fans.

If anything, the movie I'm surprised they didn't do sets for is that animated super-pets one. Has Batman, Superman, dogs, aimed at kids, probably has a batmobile somewhere, it seems like it was made in a lab to appeal to ages 6-12.

58 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Would it, though? Say what you want about the constant Batman spam, but kids know who he is. Black adam...it's not like avengers or justice league, where the characters were already well-known due to previous films or the comics. 95% of kids wouldn't know a single one of these guys. Heck, I like to consider myself somewhat well-versed in DC lore, and before this movie I knew Black Adam, Dr Fate, and Hawkman, but no idea who cyclone or Sabbac were. I did know Atom-Smasher, but I think it was just from the Flash show, because I thought he was a villain. And sure, once the movie comes out, more kids will know them, but if it doesn't do well, the set's dead in the water. Look at the eternals sets. Lots of characters no kids knew before the movie, and I can find Arisham's shadow half off at target. A set like this would really be just for the hardcore DC fans.

If anything, the movie I'm surprised they didn't do sets for is that animated super-pets one. Has Batman, Superman, dogs, aimed at kids, probably has a batmobile somewhere, it seems like it was made in a lab to appeal to ages 6-12.

If Shang-Chi or Eternals sets sell, this would sell too.

Also, it's not always about how recognisable the characters are, but how appealing to children it is. And I believe Black Adam has enough to appeal to children.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, it's not always about how recognisable the characters are, but how appealing to children it is. And I believe Black Adam has enough to appeal to children.

That’s the thing though; the Eternals sets didn’t sell well and I don’t believe that smaller Shang-Chi set with the car and two bikes sold particularly well either. (Don’t know about the dragon though.) They’re constantly on clearance.

I don’t think that necessarily means that Black Adam sets would sell poorly too but to my understanding, a lot of the DCEU sets have not sold well and Lego would probably be even more hesitant about making sets off a new DC property than they would be about making sets off a new Marvel property.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No, yeah, as @The Stud says, the eternals sets sold TERRIBLY. I find them half-off at target all the time (I should probably buy some as bulk bricks at this point, but I just really didn't like that movie). Shang Chi didn't sell particularly well either, but even in those cases, they were MCU sets. The MCU as a whole has a much better reputation than the DCEU, and while kids don't know exactly which is which, they have enough braincells to see "marvel" on the box and know the guys there are friends with spider-man and iron man. I'm not trying to say marvel's better than DC, but it sells a lot better for sure, especially to kids. Black Adam is just Shazam but in a black suit (yes, I know the character has deep lore. The point is visually, he's Shazam but the rock.), and I don't think lego wants to take that risk. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

the eternals sets sold TERRIBLY. I find them half-off at target all the time (I should probably buy some as bulk bricks at this point, but I just really didn't like that movie).

I wish that would happen at the stores near me. Ours have full shelves of Eternals sets that never seem to sell, yet they're still marked at full price. I like the sets myself but I'm holding out for a discount.

The Black Adam trailer just released and it looks way better than I thought it would! I'm crossing my fingers this movie is as good as the trailer so we can get more DC projects like this, and maybe some additional DC sets.

THE BATCYCLE VS HARLEY
Quinn (4+)
43 Pieces FOR $10
AUGUST/SEPTEMBER
BATMAN & HARLEY
QUINN (REUSES)

Who needs Black Adam sets when we can have Batcycle vs Harley Quinn?

Black Adam? Nah. Shazam? Hell no. Aquaman? Perhaps, we'll see. Flash? Alright, but only if it's a Batmobile...

But hey, you want a 4+ Batcycle with reused minifigures, right? Right?!

Further proof that the Promobricks list was inaccurate. So we know that 76221 is a Flash movie tie-in Batmobile and 76220 is a Batcycle that has approximately 0 features that will appeal to existing fans. Is this a trajectory, or are they lulling us into a false sense of security only to blow us out of the water with sets the fans have actually been asking for?

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

Further proof that the Promobricks list was inaccurate. So we know that 76221 is a Flash movie tie-in Batmobile and 76220 is a Batcycle that has approximately 0 features that will appeal to existing fans. Is this a trajectory, or are they lulling us into a false sense of security only to blow us out of the water with sets the fans have actually been asking for?

Whatever do you mean? Promobricks' list is accurate, not a single inaccuracy in it (except for the fact that they mention all the Super Heroes sets under the Marvel theme).

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Whatever do you mean? Promobricks' list is accurate, not a single inaccuracy in it (except for the fact that they mention all the Super Heroes sets under the Marvel theme).

Well, that inaccuracy right there. The one that you especially determined to be absolutely implausible, and replied to just about everyone that if all the sets were listed under Marvel then they were going to be Marvel. Even Promobricks makes mistakes because they too are human, and that’s ok.

3 hours ago, leg said:
THE BATCYCLE VS HARLEY
Quinn (4+)
43 Pieces FOR $10
AUGUST/SEPTEMBER
BATMAN & HARLEY
QUINN (REUSES)

This theme is dead, honestly Lego should just sell it off and be done with it

2 hours ago, rome00150 said:

This theme is dead, honestly Lego should just sell it off and be done with it

I might be missing something, but what exactly would lego even be selling off? 

Either way, the batman stuff still seems to sell, so the theme stays with that lifeline until those stop selling. As long as DC and lego are making money out of it, we'll still get some sets. 

I know we all like to complain, but the fact is, DC really isn't all that popular with kids. Marvel has the juggernaut that is the MCU now, and the only heavy-hitter DC still utilizes in movies is Batman. So Batman's all we're gonna see, because really, it's the only thing from DC kids are certain to recognize and want. What doesn't make sense to me is why they produce so few sets even for batman, and why they refuse to put superman or wonder woman in those sets at all. It's not like that'd be a drawback to the set, right? 

Stop focusing on the kids all the time, if kids dont buy dc then make sets or the dang cmf series 2 for adult collectors. 

Then again, looking at how overpriced sets are becoming, I'm quite indifferent about whether or not we get sets

Edit: and I don't mean bat cowls

Edited by thephantasm