Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Im confused

Is the shrieking shack happening or not?

Nothing confrimed but heavy teasing from Promobricks suggests that it is happening

Edited by Textorix

Yesterday I thought about getting the good ‘ol rescue from the merpeople set but I will wait in case they give us a new one this year :wub: I’d be happy with just Harry, Krum, merperson, Gabrielle and a Grindylow. A bigger set with one of those platforms could probably grant us a couple more figures.

2 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Yesterday I thought about getting the good ‘ol rescue from the merpeople set but I will wait in case they give us a new one this year :wub: I’d be happy with just Harry, Krum, merperson, Gabrielle and a Grindylow. A bigger set with one of those platforms could probably grant us a couple more figures.

That set and the Shack are the two most expensive sets on the aftermarket that have not been remade yet, so I definitely expect both to be made this year. I included them both in my predictions list. 😇

I personally expect the second task to be included with a section of Hogwarts, à la last years CoS.

Edited by BrickFunatic

2 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Gabrielle was in the Beauxbatons carriage set, including a sleeping face, so for once I actually want Ron and Hermione. It's a little sad to want those two just for the alt faces, but there we are. I see a remake going much the same way as the original (who wants to pay even more for that scene?), Cho being the noted exception then. Given the push to make the sets more diverse / inclusive, they might just throw her in anyway. Oo! They could make Ron's alt face in the infirmary sleeping and reduce one fig. Have we seen that yet in the YT postings? 

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

Im confused

Is the shrieking shack happening or not?

The Schrödinger Shrieking Shack ... there is and there isn't at the same time, until someone revealed the truth*

What we knows is that Promobricks has teased their followers with two PoA images: one taken from the scene with werewolf Lupin; the second with Lupin and Sirius in the Shrieking Shack.

* It's a  long time since I finished high school so I'm not really convinced that Schrödinger paradox involves the Shrieking Shack and not Crookshank (oh, how many of you now will start to hope seeing a proper LEGO Crookshank?)

I’m like 33% sure they’re mocking us, 33% sure they’re hinting at it, and 33% sure it’s both. I mean, the meme does have Sirius saying that he’s done his waiting, and they did edit the PB logo over Lupin…I believe this is what is called “doing a little trolling.”

5 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I personally expect the second task to be included with a section of Hogwarts, à la last years CoS.

I dunno, I think the 2nd Task is most likely to be the $50 set. 345 pieces for $50 means it either has big moulds or an above-average amount of minifigures, and the Lake Task perfectly fits the latter.

Not to mention that it would be completely incongruous to have a set be half castle section and half UNDERWATER. (Same with figures, you can't have a Hogwarts Castle where our students are in swimsuits).

3 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

They could make Ron's alt face in the infirmary sleeping and reduce one fig. Have we seen that yet in the YT postings? 

It's just the regular one, I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, BrickMatit said:

(oh, how many of you now will start to hope seeing a proper LEGO Crookshank?)

Me!

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

I’m like 33% sure they’re mocking us, 33% sure they’re hinting at it, and 33% sure it’s both. I mean, the meme does have Sirius saying that he’s done his waiting, and they did edit the PB logo over Lupin…I believe this is what is called “doing a little trolling.”

Exactly. :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I dunno, I think the 2nd Task is most likely to be the $50 set. 345 pieces for $50 means it either has big moulds or an above-average amount of minifigures, and the Lake Task perfectly fits the latter.

Not to mention that it would be completely incongruous to have a set be half castle section and half UNDERWATER. (Same with figures, you can't have a Hogwarts Castle where our students are in swimsuits).

Well, the castle builds have twice been ways to get niche variations of characters (the Yule Ball and Slug Club Christmas Party - and the promo images show Ron in his tux in a hospital bed, and Hermione in a party dress in a potions class). Besides, Ron, Hermione and Cho will be in their uniform, Gabrielle (and Neville, whom I presume to be included) will be in "regular clothing." I can see them including the underwater arch and a small portion of Hogwarts (likely the Owlery or Library). But who knows. I would be fine with your version, but I can't see them putting 9 minifgures (including a Merperson) in a $50 set, and I really don't want anyone getting left out.

Edited by BrickFunatic

9 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Gabrielle was in the Beauxbatons carriage set, including a sleeping face, so for once I actually want Ron and Hermione. It's a little sad to want those two just for the alt faces, but there we are. I see a remake going much the same way as the original (who wants to pay even more for that scene?), Cho being the noted exception then. Given the push to make the sets more diverse / inclusive, they might just throw her in anyway. Oo! They could make Ron's alt face in the infirmary sleeping and reduce one fig. Have we seen that yet in the YT postings? 

Yes, we got Gabrielle in 2019 but her variant is different enough in the second task (it’s barely noticeable in the movie but  know LEGO uses the source material well) But we definitely could go without her having that face print already.

Actually now that you mention it, it’s a good excuse to finally give Ron and Hermione updated expressions. One side sleeping, the other side a brand new expression, though I think the former would be useless for future sets :def_shrug:

The 4 champions, merperson, grindylow and a couple of students sound the most realistic IF they include side builds to make the set substantially bigger. But even so that amount sounds far-fetched to me. 

27 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Do they often do reveals on weekends? Because I have a sneaking suspicion we’re in for two days of torture waiting for Monday. 

I believe it was Saturday February 6 last year (can anyone confirm?) and it IS Saturday today. Again, not getting my hopes up or anything :grin:

Has it occurred to anyone here that maybe we won’t get set lists when we were originally supposed to because we are constantly bringing it up? I mean I’m not saying that any of the leakers have an agenda against us or anything, I mean like if I were one, I might hold out a bit longer cause this is kind of funny from the perspective of a non forum member. 

Maybe I sound excessively paranoid, my point is solely that we may have accidentally caused our own misfortunes here.

On the other hand, I could be completely wrong and set lists are just coming later this year than last year for a natural reason.

5 minutes ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

I believe it was Saturday February 6 last year (can anyone confirm?) and it IS Saturday today. Again, not getting my hopes up or anything :grin:

I think it is too late for that here in central Europe or is it? :D

Assuming we get the Shrieking Shack with a werewolf Lupin, that would get almost all the important stuff from POA out of the way, aside from the Leaky Cauldron, Aunt Marge, and perhaps more Hogsmeade stuff (though I'd be surprised if none of that stuff turns up in the future)

If they do a Second Task set, I would really hope that all four champions are included.  I could see only one student to save being included, and adding one Merperson would make for a total of six minifigures, which sounds reasonable for a $50 pricepoint.  A low piece count for that price could be justified because of all the new prints and molds that would be needed.  In addition to the new torso prints that would be needed, Harry would need a new face print with gills, Cedric and Fleur would need either unique faceprints or a new piece similar to the breathing apparatus to represent the Bubble-Head Charm, and Krum would need a new shark head mold (I don't think the existing shark mask piece could work, because the presence of a tail would be rather inaccurate). A merperson would need a lot of new prints, too.

4 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Has it occurred to anyone here that maybe we won’t get set lists when we were originally supposed to because we are constantly bringing it up?

Nah that is not realistic, we are doing nothing wrong here, we aren't toxic or anything, just expressing our hype :D ... I think leakers are just having fun from that, but they won't decide to just not share their info because of that.

Edited by Textorix

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Nah that is not realistic, we are doing nothing wrong here, we aren't toxic or anything, just expressing our hype :D

Maybe they really are toying with us though :tongue: Perhaps it's a secret test: if one day goes by without anyone wondering about the list, they will reveal it! See you in late April then

10 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Assuming we get the Shrieking Shack with a werewolf Lupin, that would get almost all the important stuff from POA out of the way, aside from the Leaky Cauldron, Aunt Marge, and perhaps more Hogsmeade stuff (though I'd be surprised if none of that stuff turns up in the future)

I would add defence against dark arts scene (not moments set) and Sirius escape, although that set would be kinda boring in terms of minifigures I guess.

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Perhaps it's a secret test: if one day goes by without anyone wondering about the list, they will reveal it! See you in late April then

Damn, then we are doomed for official reveal by Lego :head_back: ... or we need to shut down this thread for few days... or maybe just me :DDD

Edited by Textorix

52 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Well, the castle builds have twice been ways to get niche variations of characters (the Yule Ball and Slug Club Christmas Party - and the promo images show Ron in his tux in a hospital bed, and Hermione in a party dress in a potions class). Besides, Ron, Hermione and Cho will be in their uniform, Gabrielle (and Neville, whom I presume to be included) will be in "regular clothing." I can see them including the underwater arch and a small portion of Hogwarts (likely the Owlery or Library). But who knows. I would be fine with your version, but I can't see them putting 9 minifgures (including a Merperson) in a $50 set, and I really don't want anyone getting left out.

I mean, there have been $30 sets with nine minifigures and a better PPP than this before, so I don't see that as a potential issue.

24 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I would add defence against dark arts scene (not moments set) and Sirius escape, although that set would be kinda boring in terms of minifigures I guess.

Those are noteworthy scenes, but yeah, the escape of Sirius from the Dark Tower wouldn't really have much of anything new to offer.  There isn't really anyone relevant to that scene (Harry, Hermione, Sirius, Buckbeak) that hasn't already appeared in a set in the last couple years.  The Dark Tower itself doesn't really look like it'd make for a particularly interesting build, aside from perhaps the gargoyles.

If we got a set of Lupin's DADA class, I wonder if it would include Boggart Snape.  So far, we haven't gotten had any HP Bricktober variant show up in the sets.  When Umbridge, Slughorn and Hooch did turn up in sets later on, they were in different outfits than the Bricktober minifigures were.  If LEGO doesn't want to repeat Boggart Snape, I guess they could include one of the Boggart's other forms instead.

Edited by spiderfan2000

I feel bad I haven’t thought about this at all and peak into the thread and we’re getting it in 30 minutes! Glad all of you that have waited finally get it though!