Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

50 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hey, it’s a magical trunk, after all :laugh_hard:

Haha very funny. :tongue: I'm not even probably going to get it day 1 or even at all (just want the figures), just thought it might indicate a stock issue.

On 2/11/2022 at 7:09 PM, BacktoBricks said:

Seriously though, if Lego want to do the whole 18+ Adults Welcome thing for HP, then all they need to do is a 'quote' set with 'After all this time?' 'Always'. 

UGH yes. :cry_happy::wub: With young Lily and Severus. It would have been perfect for Valentine's Day.

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The cursed play that shall not be named :laugh_hard:

Oh that's right, the one that doesn't exist. No wonder I couldn't place it. :tongue:

Is it here that I've read that tomorrow could be a good full moon day for some news?

Hopely this time Lupin has taken his potion :snicker:!

Disclaimer: there's no hidden message in my comment, only small hopes.

Finger crossed (LEGO will make me learning to cross not only every hands fingers but feet fingers too :iamded_lol:)

And March is arriving! Will you go full with new sets?

I'm going to wait some interesting occasion, even just double VIPs points.

My priority will be Hospital Wing (finally Madam Pomfrey!);

I will wait more, probably, for Hogwarts Moments, while I'm not really convinced about the Trunk,  need to think about it, even considering future expenditures.

6 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Is it here that I've read that tomorrow could be a good full moon day for some news?

Hopely this time Lupin has taken his potion :snicker:!

Disclaimer: there's no hidden message in my comment, only small hopes.

Finger crossed (LEGO will make me learning to cross not only every hands fingers but feet fingers too :iamded_lol:)

I'm going to wait some interesting occasion, even just double VIPs points.

My priority will be Hospital Wing (finally Madam Pomfrey!);

I will wait more, probably, for Hogwarts Moments, while I'm not really convinced about the Trunk,  need to think about it, even considering future expenditures.

Yes, it was speculated here in response to promobricks IG post with the fandom pun "siriusly" coupled with a graphic of the full moon, which the thinking was hinted at Black and Lupin. Shrieking Shack? The scene after it? Revealing it tomorrow on the full moon? Possibilities, possibilities. And wishful thinking of course... :laugh:

I'm definitely getting the Moment sets and the Hospital Wing, although I'll try to hold out until I can get them slightly reduced. The trunk will need to be more than slightly reduced. If the faces had been less young and they'd included skin-toned hands, it would have been a higher priority. Most excited about the Pomfrey fig, too, though.  

Heads up for anyone it helps, the German amazon store had the Ameet books with the minifigs of Lucius and Cedric in the Hufflepuff Quidditch uniform (as well as Harry and Sirius) on offer via Prime for 5 EUR. You might want to check yours. (Search for Ameet Harry Potter)

Seeing that new Horizon set reveal was making me think what could you do similar to in it Harry Potter.

The only creature that I think would come close to it while keeping minifigures in the set would be the Ukrainian Iron Belly from Deathly Hallows.

Although I'd probably want that in a size closer to the Hungarian Horntail set

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Heads up for anyone it helps, the German amazon store had the Ameet books with the minifigs of Lucius and Cedric in the Hufflepuff Quidditch uniform (as well as Harry and Sirius) on offer via Prime for 5 EUR. You might want to check yours. (Search for Ameet Harry Potter)

Talking about Quidditch uniform, I would really appreciate in the future a  way to have Ravenclaw uniform, with blue cape, in good quantity and at an acceptable price.

Unfortunately, I don't see LEGO produce a Quidditch Match with Ravenclaw, Rowena's players doesn't even appear in the movie (I'm not a Ravenclaw but I cry anyway :cry2: ).

So there are only two possibilietes left: a pack, like the student's one, or a book, like the Cedric's one you suggested.

Luckily Amazon in Italy sold (and sell even now) the German version of the book at a good price (4,85€). Unfortunately there's a 3-copies-limit. You have to do at least 3 order for a complete team.

Now I have 7 Hufflepuff Quidditch uniform and 7 books in a language I don't understand :iamded_lol:. It's time for learn German!

Edited by BrickMatit

2 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Talking about Quidditch uniform, I would really appreciate in the future a  way to have Ravenclaw uniform, with blue cape, in good quantity and at an acceptable price.

Unfortunately, I don't see LEGO produce a Quidditch Match with Ravenclaw, Rowena's players doesn't even appear in the movie (I'm not a Ravenclaw but I cry anyway :cry2: ).

So there are only two possibilietes left: a pack, like the student's one, or a book, like the Cedric's one you suggested.

Luckily Amazon in Italy sold (and sell even now) the German version of the book at a good price (4,85€). Unfortunately there's a 3-copies-limit. You have to do at least 3 order for a complete team.

Now I have 7 Hufflepuff Quidditch uniform and 7 books in a language I don't understand :iamded_lol:. It's time for learn German!

If they're kind, they'd put the cloaks in an Accessory Pack so there's no need to keep them pristine as part of the lego sets. Cloaks need to be worn, played with and displayed, not kept tidy in cardboard. And yes, the lack of love the other Houses receive makes me sad as well. But for once the Hufflepuffs aren't the most neglected, however. I'd even be alright with the release of a book with a generic Ravenclaw Keeper. Behind the helmet, the hair doesn't matter, and the face wouldn't much either.

Yes I now have those books in Polish, German, French and English, half of which I don't speak... :laugh: For the most part there isn't much text / content to them, but I regretted it on the Poster book a little. Those were rather pretty. 

8 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

DADA Moments is a must for me! :pir-skel: 

Anything else is on hold until I see the summer list, but TLG seems to be taking their time. :hmpf:  As much as they are delaying the announcement, I would expect there are some pretty great sets coming this summer. Hopefully they will announce tomorrow; I fully support the full moon theory! 

7 minutes ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

full moon theory! 

…and I thought my reasoning for what tandnbricks’ hint meant was a bit far-fetched :tongue:

Why would promobricks wait for a reveal on a full moon? Of course they need to spread out the reveals a bit to generate more traffic to their site, but how does the full moon factor in? :snicker: If it even was a hint in the first place, which is debatable, it could just as well refer to Lupin being included somewhere

Hey, the full moon theory was just a wild guess on my part in an attempt to have a bit of fun while we wait!  But I won't be eating my hand or a broom if it doesn't happen tomorrow.

Just now, karrit said:

Hey, the full moon theory was just a wild guess on my part in an attempt to have a bit of fun while we wait!  But I won't be eating my hand or a broom if it doesn't happen tomorrow.

No worries, no one will expect you to do either. (Except maybe @BrickBob Studpants, but he can't help himself. :laugh:) It was as legitimate a guess as any other interpretation and had the added bonus of perhaps sounding convincing enough to sway promobricks to do just that in case their original plans were different. #teamfullmoon Tomorrow's the day! :wink:

Anyone else find it ironic that for the HP theme, they say Deathly Hallow sets are too dark and mature, but the Boba Fett's Throne Room set literally has Boba coming in and murdering Bib Fortuna to take over? *huh*

58 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Anyone else find it ironic that for the HP theme, they say Deathly Hallow sets are too dark and mature, but the Boba Fett's Throne Room set literally has Boba coming in and murdering Bib Fortuna to take over? *huh*

I really hope they stop sooner than later. My interest shifted all of a sudden to SW and other themes this year :/ Truth be told I didn’t care much about last year’s sets (I got two and they bored me as soon as I built them) and I feel the same way about March releases, there isn’t/hasn’t been much novelty overall.

I’m still very very hopeful about the summer wave though, a part of me thinks LEGO will surprise us all. If the current narrative carries on, then it’s another no for HP this year :laugh:

Saving money = peace of mind. No longer in a relationship with the toxic completionism. 

It's so frustrating seeing comments over and over again how Deathly Hallows sets won't get made because they're too dark. It's like a game of telephone where we took one little comment from a designer and conflated it over time. They never said they would never make Deathly Hallow sets because they were too dark. They said they wanted to focus on the earlier movies for the first waves because they're not as dark and would appeal more to children. Which makes sense when you're reintroducing a theme that you want to keep relevant to all buyers. It doesn't mean we're never getting DH sets! Can we please stop this narrative before we manifest it!

4 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

It's only ironic if you consider LEGO to have one overarching standard that applies to all themes in the same way, which I think is clearly not the case. Different themes have different teams and different target audiences. The Harry Potter team seems most interested at this stage in capturing the magic and iconography of the earlier Harry Potter films and stories. Those films do objectively have more moments focused on the awe of magic and perhaps more iconic images like seeing Diagon Alley and hero moments with Fawkes and Hedwig that have been turned into their own display models.

They didn't say Deathly Hallows is too dark and mature by the standards of company policy, but rather for what the team looks at to make for this particular theme.

Star Wars is quite different and skews a little older overall right now, and that team also clearly wants to produce relevant sets for the new Star Wars media, with whatever Lucasfilm will give them. Hasbro is coming out with a model of the exact same Bib's Palace scene, making it pretty obvious to me that that scene was something Lucasfilm would share enough of with the toy companies for them to be able to produce a toy out of.

1 hour ago, evanevanevan said:

It's like a game of telephone where we took one little comment from a designer and conflated it over time. They never said they would never make Deathly Hallow sets because they were too dark. They said they wanted 

I think you are misinterpreting the comment too far in the opposite direction. Marcus said never say never, but at the same time they find more to make in the earlier movies. It was clear cut and it was about Deathly Hallows being darker and less magical. Short of a press release on the subject, his comment was a good and clear indication of the team's thought process and direction. Marcus isn't the team lead any more though, but I don't know how much that will change things.

15 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

I was initially hyped for the trunk, but considering it’s mainly a parts pack, there’s not too much there that appeals for my needs. Obviously the students are the big draw. But the beans are in the hospital wing set, the quibbled is very similar to the original, and I prefer the size of the original 2 marauder’s map moulds.

so for me, if I have the cash, the hospital wing is the priority set for me. Madam pomfrey is a must-have, the builds and accessories for the hospital wing are fab and will be a great update in my Hogwarts MOC, and a dirty hermione and harry will do great with the expecto patronum set.

the divination set is the more appealing out of the  moments though, trilawny is a good variant and there’s some decent parts. Moody is just an unnecessary recolour (come on, could of had a new lupin and the boggart, or Lockhart and the pixies!) which brings down that set.

also, mentioning the new variants of the main 3 in the hospital wing, they are essentially the prints you’d need for a Shrieking Shack set… putting my tinfoil hat on makes me think that one’s much more likely now…

_lego.jade_ got the trunk early and has posted pics on her story! much better look at all the new heads and alt. faces 

6 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

It's only ironic if you consider LEGO to have one overarching standard that applies to all themes in the same way, which I think is clearly not the case. Different themes have different teams and different target audiences. The Harry Potter team seems most interested at this stage in capturing the magic and iconography of the earlier Harry Potter films and stories. Those films do objectively have more moments focused on the awe of magic and perhaps more iconic images like seeing Diagon Alley and hero moments with Fawkes and Hedwig that have been turned into their own display models.

They didn't say Deathly Hallows is too dark and mature by the standards of company policy, but rather for what the team looks at to make for this particular theme.

I think you've perfectly hit the main arguments about the DH issue or, at least, my arguments. All revolves around what Harry Potter LEGO team wants/likes to produce and thinks could satisfy who the main target consumer is (or they imagine is or they want it to be). Another point: even avoiding DH and with their main focus on PS, CoS and PoA they would have material for another full cycle without real remakes (apart the somehow oviously inevitables like Great Hall).

I think that it would be really interesting knowing what length of the new cycle they are working on (3 years as the previous one?).

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I was initially hyped for the trunk, but considering it’s mainly a parts pack, there’s not too much there that appeals for my needs.

Me the same. Basically too little for too much (money), considering my interests, needs and other expenditure.

7 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

It's only ironic if you consider LEGO to have one overarching standard that applies to all themes in the same way, which I think is clearly not the case.

Except even within the HP theme they made literally the darkest scene of the series which is the Rise of Voldemort set.... so that is why I think we shouldn't defend what designers said, because they just have double standards on what is too dark for kids and what is not.

Edited by Textorix

I am not sure it matters what reasons drove the decision to focus on earlier films- it is what it is. I am sure if there is enough public demand articulated to Lego, they will consider creating more DH sets. We've seen that with other themes, Lego have listened to fans' wishes / wishlists

Even this year they could still suprise us by including some DH sets as assumed focus on POA and GOF movies is not really confirmed, it is just what we expect.

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

Even this year they could still suprise us by including some DH sets as assumed focus on POA and GOF movies is not really confirmed, it is just what we expect.

Excellent point. If there‘s one thing we should have learned last year, it‘s not to expect anything based on perceived patterns :head_back: So assuming a heavy focus on PoA and GoF this year is basically repeating the same mistake as last year with our DH expectations :tongue:

Of course it‘s not an unreasonable idea, but we shouldn‘t be surprised if they do something completely different again 

Honestly is there really ton of interesting stuff to make from DH? apart from the Gringotts stuff and some Hogwarts expansions. I can’t see things like a lovegood house, malfoy manor or godrics hollow being massive sellers.

I really think that Lego missed their opportunity by not doing one more 2018-style Hogwarts set. If they’d done the bell towers, they could of shoved all the characters from those movies people want (the main trio, narcissa malfoy, some snatchers, aberforth etc.) in just one set