Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

New rumor from BriQ Foundation's YouTube channel is the UCS Hogwart's Express is set to be released August 31st. I'd guess we'll see official pictures in about a month or so if that is true.

9 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

New rumor from BriQ Foundation's YouTube channel is the UCS Hogwart's Express is set to be released August 31st. I'd guess we'll see official pictures in about a month or so if that is true.

The other HP D2C sets were released on 1 September 2018, 1 September 2020, and 2 September 2021. So it would fall in line with the others.

Just a quick PSA before I race off to bed. Just stayed up in Australia to see if the Grand Staircase GWP went live and I can gladly confirm it did. Not sure the purchase limits on everything, but it was $209 AUD for the Grand Staircase, but I also got the little build your own hogwarts or whatever it is called and third GWP called childrens amusement park. Hopefully that all makes sense and is helpful. I'm tired and off to bed. :sweet:

Still up, waiting for something to finish scanning. Just checked, the mini hogwarts is with a $109 AUD spend and the Amusement park is with a $179 AUD purchase. So I bought Ministry of Magic and Carriage and Thestrals which put me just $3 over the spend limit here. Really hoping Grimmauld place isn't an exclusive somewhere and I can't find it discounted now. Really didn't know whether to get Grimmauld Place or Ministry of Magic. Bit of a gamble, we'll see how it plays out when they are finally released into the retail world.

Also, obviously not the only way staying up... just noticed Grimmauld place is now out of stock here! :iamded_lol:

Edited by chris6507

I was hoping to get the Burrow plus another set for the GWP, but unfortunately it sold out yesterday. Canada/America is pretty much last to hit midnight, so I hope enough sets are still in stock to get the staircase. 

So Brickfanatics released an updated retiring soon article yesterday and, if they are correct, then 75976 Hedwig and 76386 Polyjuice Potion are no longer set to retire at the end of 2022, but will go until the end of 2023 instead. 71043 Hogwarts Castle was also reported to be retiring at the end of this year, but is now going to be produced until the end of 2024 apparently. Obviously none of this is official and if you do want the castle then it may still be a good idea if you can get it before the August / September price increase. 

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-harry-potter-retiring-2022-beyond-july/

Ok! So question. Is it weird that I only go to the Wizarding World theme for vehicles such as the Knight Bus, Flying Car and the Hogwarts Express? I mean, granite they also have awesome buildings that could fit in any town such as Diagon Alley. I just thought I'd ask though. 

39 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Ok! So question. Is it weird that I only go to the Wizarding World theme for vehicles such as the Knight Bus, Flying Car and the Hogwarts Express? I mean, granite they also have awesome buildings that could fit in any town such as Diagon Alley. I just thought I'd ask though. 

It doesn't really matter whether I or anyone else consider it "weird", it's your collection. Get whatever sets strike your fancy and inspire your imagination.

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

No not weird at all. If I was to ever scale down my collection then the vehicles would be the last thing to go before the minifigures. And it's totally up to you what you like anyway. :classic:

Well we're not getting the amusement park gift in Germany. A little disappointed tbh. :sceptic: It looked cute. I did get the polybag and staircase though. 

Polybag isn't being added on orders in the U.S.  The offer page says it is available for online orders this time but it isn't adding to the order.  I've tried different combos of sets even making the order cover both minimum purchase amounts added together.  Guess I'll have to call customer service tomorrow.  So as of now my order just includes the Staircase GWP.

Update:  Just received order confirmation and it includes the Build Your Own Hogwarts Polybag GWP.

Edited by karrit

Just ordered 12 Grimmauld Place and the Thestral Carriage sets and got both the Staircase and polybag added in.  Now to wait for their arrival...

I wish it would have been $125! I was .02 short for the promo and had to buy a third set! Not sure when my kids will get them, but at some point!

16 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Just ordered 12 Grimmauld Place and the Thestral Carriage sets and got both the Staircase and polybag added in.  Now to wait for their arrival...

That's just what I did as well. I've already brought the Thestral carriage previously but, I didn't mind having another as there were multiples in the films.

I went with Ministry of Magic and the Horntail. Then spotted that the Shrieking Shack is 20% off at Amazon so bit the bullet there too. That's it for this latest wave, I have all the sets apart from the 2 Hogwarts expansions which I will only buy with a big discount, I think. Looking forward to seeing photos of the Hogwart's Express set soon

What are the chances the Staircase GWP gets repeated when the Hogwart's Express is released?

4 minutes ago, karrit said:

What are the chances the Staircase GWP gets repeated when the Hogwart's Express is released?

Close to zero. That would be too generous to the customer. 

This time getting the GWP was immediate: I made my order just one or to minutes after midnight and the Staircase GWP and Polybag appeared immediately in the cart (the last time with 40567_Forest Hideout I had two wait more than an hour to be sure of having get the GWP :laugh:).

I bought Dumbledore's Office and the Shrieking Shack :thumbup:

Now I just miss the Ministry of Magic (but unfortunately I will have no time to enjoy all the sets until middle August :cry2:)

In the end I decided to not buy the Hogwarts Express (too expensive, but I can't wait to see how it looks like), the Hungarian Horntail (not my cup of tea) and Sirius Rescue (in my opinion too few pieces for too much money and, in general, a set with no interesting things for me to justify the price).

Have a nice day and if you'd like pass here [MOC] Hogwarts Library - LEGO Licensed - Eurobricks Forums and give me your opinion on my Hogwarts Library MOC.

I went for 12 Grimmauld and the book Let's play Quidditch. Good operation for me. I couldn't find the book in France and the 12 Grimmauld Place is only sold in King Jouet and they never do interesting sales.

I went for 12 Grimmauld Place and the Flying Lesson which I missed out on last year.

The must haves for me now are the Shrieking Shack and the Ministry of Magic. Will be handpicking bits I want from the castle expansions via BrickLink 

I went for 12 Grimmauld Place too, unfortunately it was 1 cent too little to get the promo, so I also got the Magical Trunk. So out of the sets currently out I'm only missing the Hogwarts Icons set from last year. Unlike Diagon Alley, I won't be getting the Hogwarts Express on day one. I will get it eventually as I am a Harry Potter 2018 and later completionist. :P

Thankfully the $130 threshold allowed me to do the $129.99 Chamber of Secrets from last year. Got the polybag and staircase in my order. I had thought about doing the Burrow since it's retiring at the end of the year, but it was sold out. Figured CoS was a good second pick since it's rising to $150 with the price increases soon.

LuckIly I have a Lego store in my town. I was quiet busy, so I wanted to order through the site. But when I added 12 GP to my basket the GWP didn't show up. When I added another set only the staircase was added. 

In the store I just needed to buy 12 GP and I got the staircase and the polybag! They say it's a total of 130 euro, because you can also pay with cash and here we don't use 1 cents anymore. Lucky!