Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I hope this pack comes with an owl again too, that would be marvellous, I also loved the printed jars, I wonder what they could reuse this time? Flying sand blue owl? Pixie? Beans box? Some new print we have not seen yet from this summer?

In addition to the ‘new’ brown owl from 2020, last year’s accessory pack also included the acid pops and potions ingredients jars and the Professor Sinistra hat - all of which were only introduced that summer, so it’s entirely possible that a good number of the cool ‘reused’ parts will be things we haven’t even seen yet :)

That being said, I definitely agree with you about always wanting more owls. And if Lockhart ends up being the representative DADA teacher (and I maintain that a Hogwarts Professors pack has to have a DADA professor, although I’m not completely convinced it will be Lockhart) then lego would definitely need to include pixies (the two in the CoS set just aren’t enough for a proper chaotic swarm imho). 

On 3/24/2022 at 7:49 AM, Yope said:

I must say I'm very sceptical about this rumour.  It's a similar format to the leaks from kingnono(?) in previous years.  None of their posts are confirmed true and some are provably false.

Nonetheless, I'll entertain the thought.  I don't think a professors accessory pack is a bad idea but I struggle to think how we'd get much new.  In previous years we've had 2 new prints (Marauders map/Ravenclaw torso then DA list/dress piece) so I don't think we can expect too much in the way of new characters.  I'd not be surprised if we got a repeat of Snape and McGonagall from the moments sets or a Lupin/Filch from the summer wave.

In terms of new characters I don't think Binns/Pince would be doable with one new print/piece.

I think a Lockhart in duelling club attire would be great - a good pairing with Snape for playability and not something we'd likely get elsewhere (already had a duelling club reference in last year's great hall).

A Grubbly-Plank figure feels double with the scarecrow hat piece and perhaps the torso of the short guy from the Home Alone set.

I am a bit skeptical too. Although we got a completely random accessory pack last year, so I think anyones ideas are a possibility at this point. I do agree if we got it it would be Snape and/or McGonagall with some rather generic looking witches and wizards alongside.

Agreed - Pince ideally needs her signature hat and perhaps the bird nest/fur collar piece recoloured in black. You could probably then get away with a black skirt piece and a pre-existing black torso from another minifigure.

Interestingly, I always thought the Home Alone minifigure would make a great basis for a Mundungus kitbash.

Edited by drewdotexe

5 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

Interestingly, I always thought the Home Alone minifigure would make a great basis for a Mundungus kitbash.

Honestly, given that in the movies Mundungus only appears in the Flight of the Seven Potters (where he’s probably the lowest priority for characters to actually be included) and Grimmauld Place (and I think we can all agree that OotP Grimmauld >>>> DH1 Grimmauld), I personally think that a kitbash in an Order accessory pack would be the best and easiest way to get ‘Dung. 

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Honestly, given that in the movies Mundungus only appears in the Flight of the Seven Potters (where he’s probably the lowest priority for characters to actually be included) and Grimmauld Place (and I think we can all agree that OotP Grimmauld >>>> DH1 Grimmauld), I personally think that a kitbash in an Order accessory pack would be the best and easiest way to get ‘Dung. 

He also appears in Diagon Alley, near Gringotts/Knockturn Alley

2 minutes ago, Seaber said:

He also appears in Diagon Alley, near Gringotts/Knockturn Alley

Yeah, but that’s just a second to show where he was before Kreacher dragged him back to Grimmauld Place and not a full scene, so I purposely didn’t count it. You have to admit “Knockturn Alley: Kreacher Assaults and Kidnaps Mundungus” is never going to make it onto a lego set list. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, but that’s just a second to show where he was before Kreacher dragged him back to Grimmauld Place and not a full scene, so I purposely didn’t count it. You have to admit “Knockturn Alley: Kreacher Assaults and Kidnaps Mundungus” is never going to make it onto a lego set list. 

Just call it "Knockturn Alley: Mundungus's Encounter"

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Knockturn Alley: Kreacher Assaults and Kidnaps Mundungus

Well….this is quite a wordy set name. 

3 hours ago, Zepthire said:

Just call it "Knockturn Alley: Mundungus's Encounter"

Lol, I see what you did there. But to be fair, the problem with that set is less the subject matter and more the fact that only Kreacher and Mundungus are in the scene. They both have pretty limited screen time in the movies after all. Not saying we won’t get them in Minifigure form sooner or later, but a set with just the two of them wouldn’t sell with kid and casual fans. 

11 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I meant he could also appear in a large DA/KA/Gringotts set, using existing prints as has been suggested, therefore leaving the OotP based GP set clear of him. 

Too many acronyms in this post ha. 

harry-potter-deathly-hallows1-movie-scre

On 3/17/2022 at 12:48 PM, TheInvisibleMan said:

Im not saying it wasn’t, but I’d be interested to know how this is substantiated? (The last part of the sentence…)

IK this was a while ago haha but if you subscribe to many potter youtubers (like I do haha) - ones who don't collect LEGO usually - they all have that microscale Hogwarts (it's in the back of all their vids) and also many of my Non-LEGO fan potterhead friends (shocking I know) have it so that's why I imagine it's popular with non-LEGO fans.

On 3/17/2022 at 4:11 PM, MAB said:

Maybe we watched different movies to you. Quidditch is iconic.  Doesn't the game appear in five of the movies. Lots of screen time is devoted to it and it is hardly niche.

Ask people to name five things about Harry Potter (except character names) and I reckon most people will say Quidditch.

Again, sorry for late response hehe. I'm totally not saying Quidditch isn't iconic (it is especially in the first two) but it's not iconic enough (in my opinion). Yes, the word is v iconic because JKR created an entirely new sport and the name is so funny it sticks in people's minds. But I think we can all agree the quidditch pitch isn't as iconic as Hogwarts/ Gringotts and hey - LEGO may make the most expensive set an oddball - it's just likely they'll play it safer for something this expensive. The Wizarding World is so vast and exciting - I just think it would be a bit of a waste to have Harry Potter's flagship set be a bunch of repetitive (though impressive - still repetitive) towers and a patch of dirt when Hogwarts is so varied in it's interior and considering we haven't got a Gringotts yet in the re-boot. Also, minifig-wise this would be a bit of a waste too as it would probably be the same/similar torso 20 times (would be easier to do a quidditch accessory pack).

On 3/24/2022 at 1:56 AM, Accio Lego said:

If the Professors of Hogwarts rumor is legit (which I would be a tiny bit disappointed by, because it can’t be that hard to do the obvious quidditch pack), then I think the most likely Minifigure lineup would be:

3. Sinistra - previously available only in a high priced set, plus she just has a cool design and adds a little diversity 

Hmm I doubt they'd do Sinistra again. I'll be honest, she was a cool minifigure but it would honestly be a crime if we got two minifigures of a character who had zero lines in the franchise and appeared in the background for less than 10 seconds when we have no figures of large characters like Rita Skeeter. Also considering we can only see her in one shot in SS/PS, you can't give her a second outfit with it being completely inaccurate and they could re-use - BUT WHY haha. They would probably do another variant of Umbridge or maybe even a new Filch or Hagrid. But honestly, a teachers accessory pack is weird imo because we already have all of the (line-speaking at least) professors already! 

8 hours ago, PumpkinPasties said:

Hmm I doubt they'd do Sinistra again. I'll be honest, she was a cool minifigure but it would honestly be a crime if we got two minifigures of a character who had zero lines in the franchise and appeared in the background for less than 10 seconds when we have no figures of large characters like Rita Skeeter. Also considering we can only see her in one shot in SS/PS, you can't give her a second outfit with it being completely inaccurate and they could re-use - BUT WHY haha. They would probably do another variant of Umbridge or maybe even a new Filch or Hagrid. But honestly, a teachers accessory pack is weird imo because we already have all of the (line-speaking at least) professors already! 

You seem to be incorrectly assuming that I’m talking about getting a new version of Sinistra when I’m not. This is theorizing about an accessory pack so it’s extremely likely that 3/4 characters will be nothing but recycled parts. Hence why I postulated that we’d get 1. a reuse of an extremely popular teacher (specifically McGonagall or Snape), 2. a repeated DADA teacher (since we’ve already got at least one version of all of them) as well as Sinistra and a new teacher  (using the new prints) filling out the last two spots. I figured that Sinistra would be a decent candidate for the third ‘repeat’ slot because she’s only appeared in a single high priced set and she’s got a very distinctive witchy look while also adding a bit of diversity. However, I’m perfectly willing to acknowledge that the third slot could be a random kitbash or that lego might bring back PoA onwards Flitwick (since it’s been awhile since we’ve seen him). The last two Harry Potter accessory packs have given us a new named character each, so we’re pretty much guaranteed a new named professor if the upcoming accessory pack is indeed Hogwarts Professors, so I suspect the few new prints will be used on them - the other three characters will not have new outfits. 

The Leicester Square store in London is getting a refit and is rumoured to have huge models of Diagon Alley and Gringotts and is due to open again in August.

By adding Gringotts to the displays it sends a pretty strong signal it might be on the way as a set. People won't want to visit the store see the huge brick-built display and wonder why it's missing from the set :iamded_lol:

Also sadly I wouldn't get too carried away about the Professors Of Hogwarts rumour being a minifig pack :sadnew:

30 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Also sadly I wouldn't get too carried away about the Professors Of Hogwarts rumour being a minifig pack :sadnew:

Not too sad about that, since we already have all of the relevant characters in some form :purrr: 

31 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Really? I knew the original source was sketchy at best, but I thought it had been further corroborated by someone more reliable. 
Oh well, at least that means a Quidditch army builder is still on the table. 

After complaining about the 2021 HP advent calender for ages, I ended up buying it at my nearest lego shop. Got it for £18.76 (was 25% off £25)

They had the 2020 HP calender too, but I thought judging by the pieces the 2021 set was better.

Despite it being very unChristmassy they're are some lovely prints: Harry's birthday cake, 9 3/4 sign and ticket & leaky cauldron sign.

Also this was the first set I got with the chocolate frog cards, ended up getting 2 silver Dumbledores.

Edited by (Insert Name Here)

28 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Really? I knew the original source was sketchy at best, but I thought it had been further corroborated by someone more reliable. 
Oh well, at least that means a Quidditch army builder is still on the table. 

40560 is still happening as "Professors of Hogwarts." Just not all the details out there are accurate for it. 

Hopefully a Quidditch pack will come at some point. I wouldn't mind a better way to get Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff Quidditch uniforms, haha. 

51 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

40560 is still happening as "Professors of Hogwarts." Just not all the details out there are accurate for it. 

The only ‘details’ I’ve seen is that name, everything else has just been speculation based on how accessory packs are constructed. What’s there to misconstrue?

7 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The only ‘details’ I’ve seen is that name, everything else has just been speculation based on how accessory packs are constructed. What’s there to misconstrue?

From what brickclicker and nooneofimportance are implying, it seems to me that set 40560 is indeed named professors of hogwarts but that it isn’t a minifig pack, maybe brickheadz?

Edited by PotDoc

Boo if it's Brickheadz!  Although it will be one less set I need to buy.  Would be interesting if it was a set to add on to the Hogwarts Trunk so we could have more than one Professor.

Edited by karrit

24 minutes ago, PotDoc said:

From what brickclicker and nooneofimportance are implying, it seems to me that set 40560 is indeed named professors of hogwarts but that it isn’t a minifig pack, maybe brickheadz?

That could be possible I suppose. Rumors are that 40560 and 40577 are Harry Potter themed, and since they’re non-sequential numbers that suggests we’re getting an accessory pack and a brickheadz set. So it’s possible that ‘Professors of Hogwarts’ is a brickheadz set, but…

We also had leakers saying that 40560 specifically was the accessory pack and brickheadz are almost exclusively named after the character(s) that are in the set (i.e. ‘Voldemort, Bellatrix & Nagini’ as opposed to ‘Harry Potter Villains’, the Minions using actual names which I didn’t know those little yellow demons had, etc.). It’s not impossible that a brickheadz set could be called‘Professors of Hogwarts’, but it’s much more likely to be called ‘McGonagall, Snape & Lupin’ or something similar. 

I distinctly remember that the Hogwarts Students pack was originally thought to be a brickheadz set when its name first leaked, especially since the number was sequential with a Marvel set called Falcon and Black Widow. Then the images dropped and they were both accessory packs. So really, unless a well known reliable source gives us more details what can we say for sure?

Edited by Accio Lego

Assuming it’s a Brickheadz pack, which professors do you think it’s gonna be? My guess would be Snape, McGonagall, Flitwick, and Sprout. The latter two could also be replaced with Lupin & Moody :laugh:

14 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

That could be possible I suppose. Rumors are that 40560 and 40577 are Harry Potter themed, and since they’re non-sequential numbers that suggests we’re getting an accessory pack and a brickheadz set. So it’s possible that ‘Professors of Hogwarts’ is a brickheadz set, but…

We also had leakers saying that 40560 specifically was the accessory pack and brickheadz are almost exclusively named after the character(s) that are in the set (i.e. ‘Voldemort, Bellatrix & Nagini’ as opposed to ‘Harry Potter Villains’, the Minions using actual names which I didn’t know those little yellow demons had, etc.). It’s not impossible that a brickheadz set could be called‘Professors of Hogwarts’, but it’s much more likely to be called ‘McGonagall, Snape & Lupin’ or something similar. 

If you sort the Brickheadz sets by price, the three most expensive (here at least) were 40548 the Spice Girls Tribute, 40490: Ninjago 10th Anniversary BrickHeadz, and 41597: Go Brick Me, none of which are named after the characters / people they represent (although Go Brick Me is probably close enough). I think they could do either a set like the Spice Girls with Snape, McGonagall, Flitwick and Sprout, and the possible addition of one of the DADA professors like Lupin or Lockhart also seems not unlikely unless the focus is the Houses as with the first round of Moment sets. Or they could do something like Go Brick Me, and let us build the professor of choice, but I can't see as many takers for a 25 EUR random prof.

So if it isn't a minifig AP, then I'm thinking the Spice Brickheadz of Hogwarts... (Snape is clearly their Scary Spice. :laugh:)

Edit: @BrickBob Studpants great minds... :wink:

Edited by krimimimi

8 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Edit: @BrickBob Studpants great minds... :wink:

Hehe :laugh:

That remimds me: this being a Brickheadz set could mean that SoD is not even getting Brickheadz :laugh_hard: Big oof

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hehe :laugh:

That remimds me: this being a Brickheadz set could mean that SoD is not even getting Brickheadz :laugh_hard: Big oof

Plot twist: It's the Professors during the times of Fantastic Beasts.