Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Axxe90 said:

Mimimi 😂

a bit picky aren‘t we?

Oi! Some Mimis aren't overly picky. :tongue:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

OotP Tonks and Death Eaters are still on table, as are the accessory pack, the D2C, and the $120 mystery set :classic:

Considering the relative lack of GoF sets, what are the chances the $120 set isn't the Durmstrang ship and Second Task?

2 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I still suspect the MoM set is actually DH, that would explain Umbridge… 

I predict the ‘Lucious’ figure is actually Yaxley, and the mistake is because they reuse the same face print again :/ 

Also where is the supposed Tonks going to be in all of this? D2C? Advent Calendar? I guess the purple hair is a red herring…

What if the AC allows us to take the MoM from DH to OotP and back again? That would be very cool. Change the fountain statue, add a few extra characters, Tonks, Sirius, Bellatrix...

Overall thoughts:

76400 $19.99 Hogwarts Carriage: Overall sounds like a nice small set.  I think pretty much all of the sets in the $15-20 range for the theme have been consistently good, and this one should continue that trend.
76401  $49.99 Hogwarts Dark Tower: Not a location I was hyped to see, but the inclusion of part of the Clock Tower courtyard should make the build a bit more interesting.  The minifigure selection sounds largely uninteresting, as I don't expect any unique variations of Harry, Hermione, Sirius, or Buckbeak.  Ginny feels like a random inclusion.
76402 | $79.99 Dumbledore's Office: I am glad this is getting a full set, as the previous one in 2019 was far too small and relied on stickers for most of its details.  I'm hoping Filch has a different outfit from the 2018 version.  Mrs. Norris is a very welcome inclusion who's absence from the Whomping Willow set was rather baffling.  I'm rather confused at the inclusion of yet another Cho.  If anything, I would have preferred a ghost or a teacher like Professor Vector that we haven't gotten yet to fill out that last minifigure slot.
76403 | $99.99 Ministry of Magic: This is a location that was long overdue from LEGO.  I hope that it is DH themed, as that would make a lot more sense from the information we know.  
76404: | $44.99 Advent Calendar: I'm assuming the theme for this one will be POA Hogsmeade or OotP Grimmauld Place, as both of those would fit winter/Christmas builds, and fit with the sets for this year.
76405 | $469.99 D2C:  I'm still hoping this is a DH2 Gringotts (with a couple other shops), mostly because the minifigure selection for a Year 1 Gringotts would be a lot less interesting, as we already got the variants of Harry, Hagrid and Griphook from that scene. 
76406 | $49.99 Hungarian Horntail:  Assuming this doesn't have any side builds, this will probably be the set I am most likely to pass on, as I don't really need a Horntail that is non-minifigure scale.
76407 | $89.99 Shrieking Shack: I'm glad this location is finally getting an update.  I'm definitely curious as to what minifigures from the scene will be included, considering Harry, Hermione, and Sirius will already be in the Dark Tower set coming out in the same wave, and I'm not sure if Snape would get a distinct variant from the Dumbledore's Office set.  Ron and Pettigrew would probably be about the same as their preexisting minifigures (except for Pettigrew not having the silver hand).  Werewolf Lupin would be the most interesting minifigure to see by far, especially with a Grim to fight.
76408 | $119.99 ?: Not sure what this could be. My guess is a Lake Task or Durmstrang Ship (or even both in the same set)  At least I hope it's something like that and not more giant buildable figures.

As a note, I find it quite odd there's currently no indication of Hagrid being in this wave, considering he hasn't been in a non-D2C set since 2019 (and one of those D2C appearance was a gold variant)

Edited by spiderfan2000

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They’ll probably release a Brickheadz two-pack with Youngledore and Grikkelsen and call it a day :tongue:

Uh,I’m not sure about Grinewald’s misspelled name? I mean I got that Dumbeldore is Young but I am not sure if I get a joke behind Grinewal’s name.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

6 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Uh,I’m not sure about Grinewald’s misspelled name? I mean I got that Dumbeldore is Young but I am not sure if I get a joke behind Grinewal’s name.

Mads Mikkelsen + Grindelwald = Grikkelsen :laugh: Not the best pun out there, but better than Madselwald, Grindelsen or whatever :tongue:

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Mads Mikkelsen + Grindelwald = Grikkelsen :laugh: Not the best pun out there, but better than Madselwald, Grindelsen or whatever :tongue:

OHHHHHHH now i get it! I love your name idea! :iamded_lol:

10 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm hoping Filch has a different outfit from the 2018 version.  [...]
76408 | $119.99 ?: Not sure what this could be. My guess is a Lake Task or Durmstrang Ship (or even both in the same set)

As a note, I find it quite odd there's currently no indication of Hagrid being in this wave, considering he hasn't been in a non-D2C set since 2019 (and one of those D2C appearance was a gold variant)

Does Filch have more than one outfit?

I'm with you on "both", though I'd much rather it were Grimmauld Place. 

No Hagrid and no Draco mentioned, which is especially strange. They're cranking out the McGonagalls, throttling the Snapes, and no Dracos at all?? Very strange. 

5 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I desperately hope the last set is a playset.

Probably you should eat a lot of chocolate frogs to cheer you up if it’s not a play set. 

I really hope D2C would e Gringotts…. I need that darn bank to complete Diagon Alley! 

Leaky Cauldron can wait a bit more.

31 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You know, I just realised disappointed I am by the fact that there are no Fantastic Beasts sets.

Why even bother with a Harry Potter theme if you won't be making sets for movies that came out once every few years?

Because they suck

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

How do you know? :oh:

I think the previous list had 76407 and 76408 both labelled as „playsets“ :wink:

So what was this Dobby business about? Don‘t tell me the D2C is actually a statue of him or something :laugh_hard:

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think the previous list had 76407 and 76408 both labelled as „playsets“ :wink:

So what was this Dobby business about? Don‘t tell me the D2C is actually a statue of him or something :laugh_hard:

OK, well I hope it's the Ship + Second Task or a Hogwarts add-on.

BrickClicker gave me the vibe that he was confirming a brick-built Dobby but maybe he was playing with us. It could be a Brickheadz like you say.

21 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Does Filch have more than one outfit?

I'm with you on "both", though I'd much rather it were Grimmauld Place. 

No Hagrid and no Draco mentioned, which is especially strange. They're cranking out the McGonagalls, throttling the Snapes, and no Dracos at all?? Very strange. 

I thought Filch had some sort of slight outfit variation, though I might be misremembering.

Grimmauld Place would also be great.

At least Draco has been available in a few sets over the past couple years (though the lack of a golden minifigure for him did baffle me a bit) I can only assume that the barrage of McGonagalls and Snapes we're getting now is meant to balance out their absence from the 2019-2020 sets (Besides McGonagall being in an advent calandar)

Edited by spiderfan2000

13 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Brick Clicker had them as playsets in one of his video's, according to a post much earlier in this topic. The only video I can find from Brick Clicker around that time is this one, where that statement isn't confirmed though.

Edited by mark1991t
clarification

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Also where is the supposed Tonks going to be in all of this? D2C? Advent Calendar? I guess the purple hair is a red herring…

I see a few options:

1. The Ministry is in fact OotP based and Tonks is the ‘mystery character’

2. The $120 store exclusive is Grimmauld Place 

3. The rumored accessory pack (40560) is based off the Ministry battle and features Tonks, some generic DEs and another named character (yes, a lot of people are theorizing a quidditch pack, but we were last year as well)

4. The advent calendar is based of Christmas at Grimmauld and she’s an exclusive figure in that  

So yeah, plenty of options there

If one of the remaining sets is the Durmstrang ship + lake task/Grimmauld Place, then this will be a surreal year for me and will make me glad I ignored last years’ sets. In all fairness, the wave sounds awesome as it is but we definitely need some explaining like many of you said haha.

I’m most excited about Dumbledore’s office as the 2002 one was my very first Harry Potter set, after that, it’s probably the shrieking shack. I’m excited to see pictures beyond measure, my eyes are ready.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You know, I just realised disappointed I am by the fact that there are no Fantastic Beasts sets.

Why even bother with a Harry Potter theme if you won't be making sets for movies that came out once every few years?

It does seem weird - I figured with the specific Fantastic Beasts section in the chocolate frog cards collection it meant that Lego was still doing something with that sub-theme. 

Speaking of the chocolate frog cards, did promobricks mention anything about this summer’s play sets including them? I know the Hospital Wing is coming with two and the trunk comes with one so I was wondering if that would continue through the rest of this year’s sets. 

Falconfan is giving me hope on Instagram the MoM is based on DH.

Maybe creating one DH set to test the waters, based on a relatively "safe" scene, and including a highly requested building is a good option for them.

Edited by BrickFunatic

I am not sure if i am crazy. I have been thinking about Hungarian Horntail (and Ukrainian Ironbelly) in the future. 

In Jurassic World theme, there is a new flying reptile called Quetalcoatlus and it’s much larger than the standard Pteranodon, with wingspan as large as 11.5 inches. It makes me that Hungarian Horntail or Ukrainian Ironelly probably would be made out of molds the way the new pterosaur speices is made. Off comes, both dragons need a lot of new molds but I don’t like brick-buildable creatures like Basislik, Fluffy or these dragons, to be honest. 

Okay, you can call me crazy. 

2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I am not sure if i am crazy. I have been thinking about Hungarian Horntail (and Ukrainian Ironbelly) in the future. 

In Jurassic World theme, there is a new flying reptile called Quetalcoatlus and it’s much larger than the standard Pteranodon, with wingspan as large as 11.5 inches. It makes me that Hungarian Horntail or Ukrainian Ironelly probably would be made out of molds the way the new pterosaur speices is made. Off comes, both dragons need a lot of new molds but I don’t like brick-buildable creatures like Basislik, Fluffy or these dragons, to be honest. 

Okay, you can call me crazy. 

This one? https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/quetzalcoatlus-plane-ambush-76947

But the face is too duck-like for a dragon. I understand about the wings, though.

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

This one? https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/quetzalcoatlus-plane-ambush-76947

But the face is too duck-like for a dragon. I understand about the wings, though.

yup, this one! 

Agreed with you on a spear-billed face. But that size is quite large, that makes me hope for dragons to be molded in the future (minus the duck-like face). 

By the looks of it we will get the hospital wing trio variants and expecto patronum Sirius in both the shrieking shack and Sirius’ rescue. Kinda bummed by the thought of it but that’s just a small bit of the whole wave. I wish they used the new friends beanie for SS’s Hermione 😅 

14 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

By the looks of it we will get the hospital wing trio variants and expecto patronum Sirius in both the shrieking shack and Sirius’ rescue. Kinda bummed by the thought of it but that’s just a small bit of the whole wave. I wish they used the new friends beanie for SS’s Hermione 😅 

Oh yeah. Imagine if they could try and incorporate 2 scenes in the set - the finale and the snowball fight. 😍 that would mean a Draco too.

5 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Exactly. But you're not allowed to criticise the God of LEGO or you get bullied off of the forums.

The god of lego? Not sure who you’re referring to

All in all these sets sound pretty good. I do think there is some confusion with the information and some minifigures are misidentified because some just don’t make sense. But that’s ok, sometimes it’s hard to figure out what you’re looking at with this sort of thing. We’ve got a decent idea of what to expect and I’m pretty happy with the news. The theme isn’t what it was from 2018 to 2020 but the figures are still great and the non-Hogwarts builds are still mostly great. Overall I’m pretty excited to see these sets

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth