Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

19 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I hope not too many sets are taken up by Fantastic Beasts.  Do we have any idea how many will be? 

Nope. I can‘t imagine it being more than one or two sets though :shrug_oh_well: The brick-built creature has a pretty high chance of being a Niffler I‘d say, but no clue beyond that

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Nope. I can‘t imagine it being more than one or two sets though :shrug_oh_well: The brick-built creature has a pretty high chance of being a Niffler I‘d say, but no clue beyond that

Hopefully just that, and a normal set then:grin: Don't get me wrong I like FB but HP is quite frankly the only reason I’m interested in this line.

28 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Wait, we are getting FB sets? Secrets of Dumbledore? 

Maybe, we simply don‘t know yet :shrug_oh_well: The creature being a Niffler is just a (popular) guess, there are no rumours

14 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I think the $500 set will be some form of Hogwarts to be honest, I really don’t see it been anything else for that price.  

A Death Star situation, where the micro-fig Hogwarts is retired just to be replaced with an updated microfig Hogwarts?

8 minutes ago, steam235 said:

A Death Star situation, where the micro-fig Hogwarts is retired just to be replaced with an updated microfig Hogwarts?

That‘d be incredibly lame :sad: Even the DS took 8 years to get replaced, so a new D2C microscale Hogwarts after only half that time would pretty much set a new record :snicker: That‘s something not even the SW team would dare, so I doubt the HP one would

I just built the Fluffy Encounter set.  Pretty underwhelming as a standalone set overall.  The minifigures are alright (getting the trio in robes is better than getting jumpers again at least), and I think the Fluffy build is pretty solid overall.  The ability to actually pose Fluffy in a sleeping position adds a decent amount of value for reenacting the scene the set represents.  The grey neck pieces and the weird combination of awake and sleeping heads are the most visible issues.  Including two sets of heads that could be swapped out would have been the better option here.  The location build is okay, though feeling a little insubstantial.  The main issue is that there isn't a satisfying way to display it by itself. To keep the Devil's Snare room under the trap door, you have to leave the tower top off to the side, as there isn't anywhere to put it in that configuration. This set more than any other relies on having other castle sections attached to it to look presentable on display while keeping its play features intact.  Overall, I give the set a 5/10 by itself, 7/10 if you have the rest of the 2021 Hogwarts sets.

About 76401 : 345 pieces ($49.99)…
The price to part ratio and size of this set is very similar to some Jurassic world sets, suggesting a large moulded animal, does anyone else think a remake of the Horntail set is on the cards?

Edited by Bugbot20082

It seems like we won’t be getting a hp cmf series this year, which is quite concerning. Hopefully it’s just been pushed back to next year. I would be very disappointed if that was our last cmf series. It does seem like the hp designers changed they plan from short term to long term between 2020-21, which probably means this theme is going to be around for a while. There aren’t really any current themes that have consistent cmf series, although we’ll see what happens with marvel. Probably because they can build new sets around unmade figures, so that could help the theme to continue to have desirable sets. There are still a bunch of character that I can’t see coming in sets any time soon. Aunt Marge is a good example. She would be a perfect cmf figure. Her with ripper. I can’t really see her coming in any other set, apart from a remade privet drive. So I hope we haven’t seen the last of the wizarding world cmf series. 

8 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

The price to part ratio and size of this set is very similar to some Jurassic world sets, suggesting a large moulded animal, does anyone else think a remake of the Horntail set is on the cards?

Perhaps Troll in the Dungeon?

2 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

I would be very disappointed if that was our last cmf series

I think a few pages back someone or some people said that they thought characters not yet released would be saved for future playset releases to draw in the completionists and also noted that with the new 12 figure format, we would only have around 7 realistic slots what with the usual trio, Dumbledore, Luna, etc. Having said that, in last year's forum one poster had a great list of potential releases across around 7 series of minifigs! 

11 minutes ago, Lego Harry said:

I think a few pages back someone or some people said that they thought characters not yet released would be saved for future playset releases to draw in the completionists and also noted that with the new 12 figure format, we would only have around 7 realistic slots what with the usual trio, Dumbledore, Luna, etc. Having said that, in last year's forum one poster had a great list of potential releases across around 7 series of minifigs! 

I think the list you are talking about mine and thanks for remembering it 😊

It’s here for anyone interested: https://flic.kr/p/2konoQL

It is very out of date now, I should update it for a 12 figure line up and account for all the figures we got in sets last year. I hope in series 3 they drop the mandatory Lina, Neville and Dumbledore and focus on new characters, that’s what I will do when I get round to making a new list 

I personally don’t mind if series 3 had been pushed back to next year as some of series 2 are still on the shelf here around the U.K., and more importantly we have a huge line of sets coming which no doubt will include some of the figures on my list (I’m expecting Lake task variants, Karkaroff etc).

Last year we got a pixie mould, the polyjuice trio, Professor Sinistra, Neville with a remembrall, Colin Creevy, Year 1/2 Flitwick, and this year we have coming Madam Pomfrey and Percy Weasley in a book which are all figures which have appeared somewhere on our various CMF wishlists

So I think it’s quite possible that we are getting more of our wanted CMF figures in sets this year instead of a bag series

11 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

...does anyone else think a remake of the Horntail set is on the cards?

Very unlikely so early, this theme aint Star Wars. My bet is on Troll in the bathroom set.

Edited by Textorix

So, any predictions on what the sets will be? I think Half Blood Prince wasn't covered and neither was Order of Phoenix, will they cover those or too dark? 

5 minutes ago, Mr No said:

So, any predictions on what the sets will be? I think Half Blood Prince wasn't covered and neither was Order of Phoenix, will they cover those or too dark? 

Shrieking Shack and 2nd Task set, those are two sets I wanna see and the rest can only suprise me. 

Edited by Textorix

40 minutes ago, Mr No said:

They were covered with two sets each in 2020 :wink: The consensus is that they‘ll focus on PoA and GoF again this year, but who knows It‘s better not to expect anything and let TLG surprise us. Had to learn that lesson the hard way last year :head_back:

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They were covered with two sets each in 2020 :wink: The consensus is that they‘ll focus on PoA and GoF again this year, but who knows It‘s better not to expect anything and let TLG surprise us. Had to learn that lesson the hard way last year :head_back:

I hope they do the mer people set, a knight bus remake would be neat since I can't find the previous version but maybe it's too soon. 

9 minutes ago, Mr No said:

a knight bus remake would be neat since I can't find the previous version but maybe it's too soon. 

It's just retired so if you want it, I would check out your friendly auction site before the price jumps too high!

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Too soon. As @Textorix says, this ain‘t Star Wars where remakes after only two years are fair game now :tongue:

If they don't do it during the PoA (and GoF) year, then they'd get stuck waiting for another three or four years, though, which I can't see either. That, or they'd release it in the midst of a OotP / DH centric year, which is also strange. (And then we'd complain that it stole one of "their" slots... :laugh:)

When you consider how fond they are of modes of transportation in general... They always seem to find ways to work them into this line (KB, HE, Anglia; Durmstrang ship, Beauxbatons Carriage), despite it not being a vehicle heavy story.

15 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

That, or they'd release it in the midst of a OotP / DH centric year, which is also strange. (And then we'd complain that it stole one of "their" slots... :laugh:)

Hasn‘t stopped them before :tongue: And if they really end up doing a DH-centric year at some point, they may shove in as many remakes as they please, I‘d consider that an absolute win :laugh_hard:

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hasn‘t stopped them before :tongue: And if they really end up doing a DH-centric year at some point, they may shove in as many remakes as they please, I‘d consider that an absolute win :laugh_hard:

Sorry, that was a Freudian slip, I meant HBP. (Three guesses what I wanted instead. :grin_wub:

36 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

That, or they'd release it in the midst of a OotP / DH centric year, which is also strange. (And then we'd complain that it stole one of "their" slots... :laugh:)

Not really when you realize they released Privet Drive set during OotP/HBP year :D