Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

What are you guys smoking? The characters set is amazing! I for one can't wait to get it!

3 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

What are you guys smoking? The characters set is amazing! I for one can't wait to get it!

With the upcoming goat boat with a way better Valkyrie and very similar Korg, the only draw here is meek and hisĀ build which can be made if you just find the right pieces

Edited by bradreed715

This is an excellent character pack! 5 decent figures for $15 and a nice little build for Meik, I like it!

Ā 

16 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I sincerly appreciate Korg, itā€™s just that it was long overdue right now we getting him on Goat Boat too. But still a welcome version, love it. But to be honest I would have preffered a White Valkyrie.Ā 

What disappoints me is probably the fact that we could have gotten a Ronin figure? Who knows maybe they do another Endgame set.

25 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I like it too. The only major disappointment is Valkyrie since sheā€™s not accurate to the scene/movie but I understand why we didnā€™t get a new figure for her. Korg looks really good and Miekā€™s build is nice.Ā We were never gonna get Iron PatriotĀ or Ronin in this so people only have themselves to blame.Ā 

45 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I think itā€™s impossible to make all LEGO Marvel fans happyā€¦

Edited by hvader

Wow, what a great little pack!
Awesome to see the new variant of Korg in such an affordable set :sweet:Ā 

Regards,
Mitch

24 minutes ago, hvader said:

I love when this is a discussion group and when people actually want to discuss what is good and bad about these sets half the comments end up being like this... people can be disappointed or don't care and you don't have to act like they are "unhappy" or "ungrateful"

It's as good or better than the Spidey pack, and miles better than the BW/Falcon pack. For $15, this is amazing- the Korg figure that we've wanted for 5-6 years, a Miek build, and the best Thor fig that exists IMO.

The complaint is generally going to stem from it being a year too late for the Endgame sets. We're on the cusp of better figures for all of these characters, and honestly it does feel a little salty to have bought Thor's house specifically for these characters to have the versions we really wanted in a cheaper pack. The Valkyrie hair and printing has had issues since the first version of it was released, and it's kind of ironic that once a new, good figure is announced, they put this old one in the pack. The Miek build is a little goofy and I would have loved to see a new mold for some part of it. It's great that Lego is starting to embrace the fig-scale builds though!

14 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

I love when this is a discussion group and when people actually want to discuss what is good and bad about these sets half the comments end up being like this... people can be disappointed or don't care and you don't have to act like they are "unhappy" or "ungrateful"

+1

30 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

Exactly. It's not impossible to make us happy, we just want a white suit Valkyrie, rather than a repeat of a figure that doesn't represent her outfit in the scenes this set represents

1 hour ago, hvader said:

oh boy...another trip on this old merry go round. no thanks.

Ā 

Photos of the MoM Funkos have popped up and reveal both a beardless variant of Strange in blue & silver/grey called Supreme Strange, and some random girl called Sara. I have no doubt in my mind that Sara is the unknown figure in the Sanctum set, it just makes total sense

Itā€™s nice to see a confirmation that it is Supreme Strange and Iā€™ve been reading leaks lately but leaks doesnā€™t mention that Sara. I guess she has some importance on the film because of her figure.

Ohhh wait I think I may know her due to leaks, I wonā€™t say no worries letā€™s kee this thread spoiler-free

so with Rintrah being shown heavily around at toy companies, do you all think Rintrah could be in the sanctum set?

Ā 

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
8 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

soļ»æļ»æĀ with Rintrah being shown heavily around at toy companies, do you all think Rintrah could be in the sanctum set?

Yes. Likely him more than anybody else.

25 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Photos of the MoM Funkos have popped up and reveal both a beardless variant of Strange in blue & silver/grey called Supreme Strange, and some random girl called Sara. I have no doubt in my mind that Sara is the unknown figure in the Sanctum set, it just makes total sense

Maybe. I feel confident that the two variants will be Sinister Strange and Defender Strange, but now I wonder what the probability is Supreme Strange is one of them.

Sara

could beĀ Sara Wolfe is a character in Dr. Strange lore but I donā€™t think sheā€™s a magic user? Not sure, she could be Wongā€™s love interest. I also remember reading someone who sacrifice themselves to destory a version of Dark hold in early leaks of the plot.Ā 

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

oh boy...another trip on this old merry go round. no thanks.

Ā 

Ā 

1 obscure new figure and 2 reused figs plus a few parts. This is what we are used to, since the higher-than-CMF-quality Toys R us minifig packs don't exist anymore. Probably better because only a few folks were able to get them.

I also wonder why Lego doesn't fill the hole for high quality figures that ANYONE can get for a high price. I mean people would pay a lot of money for Iron Man figs with special printing and so on.

Compared to the figure packs we are used to by now this one is pretty far superior though. 5 instead of 3 figures 3 of which are rare. A pretty good build for this alien character and one exclusive figure. It's completely fine to complain or wish for more. But isn't it childish to expect something we just never get and be so upset when - as to be expected - it doesn't happen?

Half the licence-thread postings are about too high expectations. I'm not saying Lego shouldn't up their game. They should! Or at least they should communicate why they don't do - sometimes there are good reasons beyond our knowledge. But don't you understand why many folks here are annoyed about the same cycle repeating itself over and over again? Too high expectations and then bashing what's coming whether it's actually that terrible or not.

25 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Ā 

1 obscure new figure and 2 reused figs plus a few parts. This is what we are used to, since the higher-than-CMF-quality Toys R us minifig packs don't exist anymore. Probably better because only a few folks were able to get them.

I also wonder why Lego doesn't fill the hole for high quality figures that ANYONE can get for a high price. I mean people would pay a lot of money for Iron Man figs with special printing and so on.

Compared to the figure packs we are used to by now this one is pretty far superior though. 5 instead of 3 figures 3 of which are rare. A pretty good build for this alien character and one exclusive figure. It's completely fine to complain or wish for more. But isn't it childish to expect something we just never get and be so upset when - as to be expected - it doesn't happen?

Half the licence-thread postings are about too high expectations. I'm not saying Lego shouldn't up their game. They should! Or at least they should communicate why they don't do - sometimes there are good reasons beyond our knowledge. But don't you understand why many folks here are annoyed about the same cycle repeating itself over and over again? Too high expectations and then bashing what's coming whether it's actually that terrible or not.

I agree with all of this bud don't worry. I just didn't want to go into a deep dive where we all go back and forth on this issue. some people like and others don't. we move on.Ā 

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

delete

Edited by Mattallica