Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

19 minutes ago, doclord said:

I disagree. Thor is (most likely) the most kid-friendly Marvel movie this year, and it makes sense he should get a cheap and affordable set that comes with the main guy, the main girl and the bad guy with a monster to fight.

It's a bad set for AFOLs but an excellent set for families who may not want to drop $50 to get a LEGO for their kids.

I literally made the same points. What I meant by a terrible commercial decision is that, if it didn't exist, people would have to drop the money on the larger set to get the characters. It's great for average consumers, who can now choose the cheaper option, but for LEGO they might be cannibalizing their own sales by providing a cheaper alternative.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

I literally made the same points. What I meant by a terrible commercial decision is that, if it didn't exist, people would have to drop the money on the larger set to get the characters. It's great for average consumers, who can now choose the cheaper option, but for LEGO they might be cannibalizing their own sales by providing a cheaper alternative.

Bingo - I was planning on buying both as the Goat Boat is the GOAT, but without any kind of unique character or pieces to really draw in the smaller set, it's an incredibly easy pass. 

Maybe it is   Mangog and that is spoilerish enough for Lego to have held the reveal of this set back

also peter dinklage  hinted that he was returning as Eitri for LaT, and in the comics chains were forged on Nidavellir that were used to defeat Mangog

what if we got a Nidavellir forge set with an Eitri like that giant in the harry potter set 75967

Edited by Mattallica

So the new Thor set... what. Is. That. It looks absolutely awful, plus there are no new figures or variants of figures. Super easy pass, definitely getting the incredible Goat Boat set though. I really wish Gorr looked better, he desperately needs a black hood and cape but maybe he won't have those in the film? He just looks so bland as a figure, I mean he doesn't even have leg printing like all of the other figures get. 

I see people saying it could be Mangog but that would be one heck of a downgrade in his design. Whatever it is just looks thrown together last minute, though I have no doubt if it appears in the movie it'll look substantially better.

Edited by ToaDraco

I just really doubt that this is a random build. Yes we've had random brick-built characters in Lego Marvel before, but they were never the only build in the set (like the Tentacle Monsters from both Sanctum sets were only side builds)

Edited by hvader

2 minutes ago, hvader said:

I just really doubt that this is a random build. Yes we've had random brick-built characters in Lego Marvel before, but they were never the only build in the set (like the Tentacle Monsters from both Sanctum sets were only side builds)

Agreed it seems so odd to be the focus of a set yet be completely made up, and yet it just looks so horrible i hope its not Magog let alone in the film

4 minutes ago, hvader said:

It could be a blink and you'll miss it background character though, or a piece of concept art that never makes it in.

Another thing why call it attack on new Asgard when there is nothing representing the setting, its literally the monster and 3 minifigs not even a rock pile or new asgard sign

20 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

Agreed it seems so odd to be the focus of a set yet be completely made up, and yet it just looks so horrible i hope its not Magog let alone in the film

The Mandarin's go-cart was the focus of a set... 

26 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

Another thing why call it attack on new Asgard when there is nothing representing the setting, its literally the monster and 3 minifigs not even a rock pile or new asgard sign

The Shang Chi set Battle at the Ancient Village didn't include any of the ancient village either.

32 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

The Mandarin's go-cart was the focus of a set... 

Yeah but I don't think we've gotten a random brick-built character that was also the focus of an MCU set

I’m guessing this was a situation of minimal info/concept art more than anything else. If they’re basing a whole set off of this, they were likely given some concept or info on “Gorr attacks New Asgard with some kind of monster,” so as to give more relevance to why he is the focus of the set, but who knows.

You can glean some possible hint that All Black is comic accurate here, I’d say. If it was Helya’s sword like has been theorized Gorr would have zombies, not.. whatever that is.

Also fits the introduction of Eternals and look into Cthon almost back to back. Knull would be next.

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

So the new Thor set... what. Is. That. It looks absolutely awful, plus there are no new figures or variants of figures. Super easy pass, definitely getting the incredible Goat Boat set though. I really wish Gorr looked better, he desperately needs a black hood and cape but maybe he won't have those in the film? He just looks so bland as a figure, I mean he doesn't even have leg printing like all of the other figures get. 

I see people saying it could be Mangog but that would be one heck of a downgrade in his design. Whatever it is just looks thrown together last minute, though I have no doubt if it appears in the movie it'll look substantially better.

He has a white robe/toga and hood in the movie, which they decided wasn’t going to fit the budget. That or concept art boogaloo.

Edited by doclord

Glad to see the second Thor set has the same hairpiece as the first, makes it more probably I can find it for an affordable price on BL, soon after release :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

As fake as that description sounded, ateast it would have an exclusive minifigure.

The build isn't the problem in that set - it's the minifigures. 

A set with red jacket Thor, a Guardian and whoever else would be so much better. Or at least just use his red jacket suit. Anything, even the smallest reason to buy this set.

It just feels like they didn't do a wave of sets that complete each other, they just made a set for people who want it cheap, and another for people who can pay more.

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It just feels like they didn't do a wave of sets that complete each other, they just made a set for people who want it cheap, and another for people who can pay more.

But … how is this unusual?

1 minute ago, williejm said:

But … how is this unusual?

What’s unusual is that this set doesn’t feature a single exclusive minifig, which is pretty rare nowadays :laugh: I wouldn‘t have expected a brand-new character, but a variant would‘ve been appreciated :purrr:

7 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

What’s unusual is that this set doesn’t feature a single exclusive minifig, which is pretty rare nowadays :laugh: I wouldn‘t have expected a brand-new character, but a variant would‘ve been appreciated :purrr:

But you’ve got Zeus disguised as Gorr! 😜