Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

12 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

This day is probably one of the worst in history right now, I hope those reveals are Marvel just to cope with what's happening right now. I have friends in Ukraine...they are safe but it's still awful. My condolences for everyone else. Probably won't post more because of this stuff going on. 

I’m really sorry to hear that. I sincerely hope you and your friends are safe. Best wishes.

In lighter news, I’m very pleased with these new Marvel set rumors. I really love adding to my Iron Man Hall of Armor (I own two of the 2019 one and one of the 2020 expansion) so this set sounds right up my alley… once it is discounted of course. Getting a new War Machine (my first one unless you count Iron Patriot), Whiplash and some more Iron Man suits sounds great. The Baby Groot rumor is a little less exciting for me personally, but it still seems neat and I’ll probably get it as long as the build looks better than last month’s Iron Man. This and BD-1 will go well with my buildable Grogu. 

The Sanctum Sanctorum seems great. The more and more I look at the 2018 one, the more puny it looks. This one will likely eclipse it. I’ve never sold Lego before, but I’m honestly considering selling my 2018 Sanctum, and the 2020 Avengers Tower if that’s what the $500 set ends up being, to make space for this. (I’ll likely just part it out though, maybe keeping the Peter Parker apartment half intact to add to my MCU Spider-Man shelf.) The minifigure selection sounds fantastic as well, hopefully they’re all well detailed.

I’m also excited by the confirmation that this set is a continuation of this new Marvel Modular line-up. It’ll admittedly be a bit weird to have a comic-inspired Bugle next to an MCU Sanctorum (and possibly an MCU Avengers Tower as well), but I’m excited regardless. I’ll never be able to own all of the Creator Modulars, but with this being a new series, I think I’ll be able to keep up. 

Edited by The Stud

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

The price is weird, but for 7 figures and 496 pieces, I can see the figures being used to justify it - especially if they get new moulds either for the arms of Striker, the Jetpack for the MK 85 (Or whatever that figure is if the MK 85 is a placeholder) and/or Whiplash's whips.

I can definitely see there being some new molds, but I still don't think they'd justify the price. 90 euros for 496 pieces makes it sound like it would include 2  bigfigs (since they tend to dramatically increase the price of a set), but that's obviously not the case based on the description of the set. I know price is ultimately a subjective thing, but I have a really hard time imagining how it will be worth that much unless it has some large new molds.

2 minutes ago, Meadius said:

I can definitely see there being some new molds, but I still don't think they'd justify the price. 90 euros for 496 pieces makes it sound like it would include 2  bigfigs (since they tend to dramatically increase the price of a set), but that's obviously not the case based on the description of the set. I know price is ultimately a subjective thing, but I have a really hard time imagining how it will be worth that much unless it has some large new molds.

With Indiana Jones coming back, I wonder if we wouldn't get a new whip mold thst could be used in both thst theme and this set for whiplash. It would be cool to have a molded piece that have a more "in action" look, kinda like Doc Ock's arms in the Daily Bugle.

9 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I can see Ivan Vanko, using the Ironman comic helmet, whips will be made with how Doc Ock tentacles in the Daily Bugle. 

If they do Striker’s arms, they will be able to use it for Gamma and Fiddler! I hope they do introduce a new mold! 

35 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

With Indiana Jones coming back, I wonder if we wouldn't get a new whip mold thst could be used in both thst theme and this set for whiplash. It would be cool to have a molded piece that have a more "in action" look, kinda like Doc Ock's arms in the Daily Bugle.

That’s the most logical thing to do, IMHO.

When can we expect to see images of the iron man 2 set?

One love and thunder set was revealed pretty early. You guys think mid april?

Edited by BusterNut31

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

Yep, that sounds about right. Might be early May though.

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

When can we expect to see images of the iron man 2 set?

Between late April and early May.

Unless for some reason they decided to reveal it earlier, or it just simply leaks early.

12 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

That’s the most logical thing to do, IMHO.

A new group part pack would make sense like the batman shields/blast pieces/ninjago swords.

52 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

A new group part pack would make sense like the batman shields/blast pieces/ninjago swords.

Nahhh it would have to make sense in both themes if they do that. Still leaning towards for being it the stand pieces from DC/Marvel CMF in LBG. It will look like a whip maybe something trans yellow inbetween them. 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Nahhh it would have to make sense in both themes if they do that. Still leaning towards for being it the stand pieces from DC/Marvel CMF in LBG. It will look like a whip maybe something trans yellow inbetween them. 

Yeah that will make sense for whiplash but it would be a great addition for indy on its own anyway.

Most excited to see this tower as ive spent near double on my own. 
best guess is its skipping the metlife section and each floor will be scenes from the films.

guess a very small size quinjet could be a possibility for it as No way it will be able to hold any of the last five or so we have had.

3 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Anyone have any thoughts/speculation about what the remaining August/September sets will be based on or include?

Honestly I'm not sure, I don't really have any ideas. Do we have any prices for the August/September sets to go off of, sometimes the set prices help formulate better predictions.

I'm thinking since we're already getting Thor Love and Thunder sets in April, the summer sets will likely be Infinity Saga based, instead of being based on any of the new films. I don't think we're getting anything for the Disney Plus Marvel shows, but I'm hope I'm wrong about that.

Last year all we got was a couple of mechs for What If, but I would love some better sets for the shows. The CMF Series last year was fun to collect, those are some of my favorite Marvel figures to date.

27 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Force Ghost piece would be perfect for Invisble Woman’s powers. Big force field energy.

I never thought about that before, that is a really good idea! I really hope Lego makes Fantastic 4 minifigures in the future! 

I know Marvel Studios is making a Fantastic 4 reboot for the MCU, I thought it's supposed to release somewhere between 2023-2024

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

Force Ghost piece would be perfect for Invisble Woman’s powers. Big force field energy.

The only issue is the lack of pose-ability with the piece, but it could work. Maybe a "flame on" effect for Johnny as well if they went that route. 

So Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Thor: The Dark World, and The Incredible Hulk are the only movies that haven't gotten sets yet?

Maybe we'll get some Infinity Saga sets for those? Just an idea, but honestly as long as it isn't a mech or an unnecessary vehicle, then I'll take it. It would be cool to get an Abomination or a Malekith minifigure, because we've never gotten them before. I'm glad we're getting something for Ironman 2 with Ivan in it, I consider the Thor's Hammer set a Thor 1 set.

4 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

The only issue is the lack of pose-ability with the piece, but it could work. Maybe a "flame on" effect for Johnny as well if they went that route. 

That would be cool. "Flame on!" I loved Chris Evans in that role, he was better as Captain America, but maybe he'll return as The Human Torch in Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness?

3 minutes ago, Inevitable Thanos said:

So Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Thor: The Dark World, and The Incredible Hulk are the only movies that haven't gotten sets yet?

Maybe we'll get some Infinity Saga sets for those?

At this point, that's definitely a possibility, but we don't know yet. LEGO is continuing the Infinity Saga line this year, or so it appears, but we don't know anything beyond the Sanctum, Groot, the Hulkbuster, and the Hall of Armor. 

Regarding the Sanctum Sanctorum, I believe the best candidates listed from most likely to least likely for the ninth Minifigure will be:

1. Rintrah (He's confirmed for the film, and he's the only unconfirmed/unexpected character advertised in the film's merchandise)

2. Clea (Leaked concept art suggests she'll appear, and the concept art was supposedly sent to toy companies for reference)

3. Christine Palmer (She's the only other confirmed actor in the film without a Minifigure, except Dr. West, but he's unlikely)

4. Popular Avenger Member (Either Iron Man and Spider-Man are surprise variants in the film, or they're repeats included for commercial purposes like Marks 25 & 85 being in the Hall of Armor set. If the latter, the ninth character could easily be a Captain America or Thor repeat)

5. Captain Marvel or Captain Marvel variant (Her logo appears on the film's poster)

6. Professor X (Patrick Stewart's voice in the trailer, and his association with the character, implies he's in the film)

37 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Regarding the Sanctum Sanctorum, I believe the best candidates listed from most likely to least likely for the ninth Minifigure will be:

1. Rintrah (He's confirmed for the film, and he's the only unconfirmed/unexpected character advertised in the film's merchandise)

2. Clea (Leaked concept art suggests she'll appear, and the concept art was supposedly sent to toy companies for reference)

3. Christine Palmer (She's the only other confirmed actor in the film without a Minifigure, except Dr. West, but he's unlikely)

4. Popular Avenger Member (Either Iron Man and Spider-Man are surprise variants in the film, or they're repeats included for commercial purposes like Marks 25 & 85 being in the Hall of Armor set. If the latter, the ninth character could easily be a Captain America or Thor repeat)

5. Captain Marvel or Captain Marvel variant (Her logo appears on the film's poster)

6. Professor X (Patrick Stewart's voice in the trailer, and his association with the character, implies he's in the film)

The other option I could see, should the IM and SM variants be based on IW, would be Ebony Maw.

So looking at this potential design:

57895pb061.png

It seems that the armor from Starwars are a perfect piece for him. Maybe for War Machine Mark 1 too.

As for the helmet, do you think Striker will get a new one? Or old one with printing? The arms/driller gotta be a new one though so they can use it for Gamma and Fiddler. 

28 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I wonder how they'll adapt Whiplash's mech

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Whiplash mech isn’t confirmed for the set 

Yeah and Whiplash said to be donning Mark 1 not Mark 2, it’s simply Ivan Vanko with whips and arc reactor with orange prisoner suit.

4 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Oh wow true, thats an even better use of it. Hopefully if they make these pieces a little more specific and form fitting to some characters’ hair pieces going forward. The piece is so nice and tight from the bottom but sort of turns into a bed sheet around the torso and head (which makes sense as it needs to accomodate many/most/all figures for maximum usability and system integration).

6 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Rintrah’s more than just confirmed, he’s shown in the second trailer :laugh:

Definitely hope the mystery figure is him, by far the most interesting option