Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, TurnOffTheDark said:

the avengers tower is absolutely larger than the daily bugle in the lore, so the price/piece increase makes perfect sense to me 

Oh yeah, in lore, sure, but I mean as a Lego set - just how tall a tower would they actually make? 

I may be wrong but I feel like most of the tallest Lego sets are all around the same height, no?

I suppose the tower itself could reach the same height as the antenna on the Bugle, making the building larger but not making it too much bigger than the other already huge sets. 

20 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

If it is the tower, I'm curious to see how what exactly constitutes it being $200 more than the Bugle. Surely it can't be that much bigger right? The Bugle's already pretty imposing. 

I can see it having a lot of extra pieces to account for the weird shape - the MetLife building base, the curvature of the Tower itself, a penthouse that isn't at risk of toppling off, etc. But still. 

Very curious. 

The idea that it could double as both Stark and Avengers Tower would explain the price but I can't really see that happening, cool as it would be. 

Gonna assume you get some sort of vehicle for the helipad. The base will almost certainly be wider as well.

19 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

the avengers tower is absolutely larger than the daily bugle in the lore, so the price/piece increase makes perfect sense to me 

Relative to the comics it makes perfect sense. Relative to how much room the average person has to display a Lego tower however...

The height of this thing has been the only thing giving me pause as to whether it's actually Avenger's Tower. I suppose we could get a decent amount of stuff built at the bottom like how the Bugle had a news stand and whatnot. Also, in looking at pictures of the tower, it doesn't get as narrow in the middle as I remember.

Edited by NovaBricks

10 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I've given up on spoiler NWH sets for 2022. If we've gotten word of most other sets from this year from varying themes but not from NWH, then that is very telling.

There is definately still a chance. I really just want anything from the movie, whether it be villains or

Spoiler

tobey and andrew

2 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

That's the rumor/conventional wisdom. I thin Fulcrum alluded to it as well.

Gonna be one tall tower.

I really think it’ll be X Mansion

9 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I really think it’ll be X Mansion

At $500? With no recent X-Men sets or even other media to drive interest? I have a hard time seeing it. I think we'd see Arkham Asylum or Wayne Manor before that.

Wait I thought that the 500$ superheroes set was the Tower Of Fate set? Is there another one or has the Tower been debunked? 

20 minutes ago, PixelMix said:

Wait I thought that the 500$ superheroes set was the Tower Of Fate set? Is there another one or has the Tower been debunked? 

Tower of Fate is the $100 DC set

11 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Tower of Fate is the $100 DC set

ah ok sorry my bad, me has small brain

I don't think the D2C set is gonna be the X-Mansion, cuz X-men still isn't popular again yet. I think it's Avengers Mansion, not Tower. Maybe we'll get some classic versions of the Avengers while having classic versions of some villains, like Loki, Zemo, and Ultron. That's just my wishful thinking. 

Or maybe it's the Raft Prison, in which case we could get some comic versions of villains while getting new supervillain minifigs. But then again, just wishful thinking.

3 hours ago, SEmrys said:

The idea that it could double as both Stark and Avengers Tower would explain the price but I can't really see that happening, cool as it would be. 

Interchangeable Avengers “A” to “Stark” it woul be soooo perfect. I just hope the figure would be all

of the Avengers as it’s coming from the Endgame line up. And maybe just maybe, a Stan Lee minifigure too!

I think those Avengers Classic sets are either comic based, or just remakes of the old Avengers line from 2012. Or maybe (I don't think they're gonna do this but maybe so) more sets based on the game. I mean the game is failing, might as well focus on the merchandise to help recuperate.

5 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

At $500? With no recent X-Men sets or even other media to drive interest? I have a hard time seeing it. I think we'd see Arkham Asylum or Wayne Manor before that.

I suppose when you put it like that, I just can’t see us getting a $500 Tower to be honest. Maybe it is DC.

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Interchangeable Avengers “A” to “Stark” it woul be soooo perfect. I just hope the figure would be all

of the Avengers as it’s coming from the Endgame line up. And maybe just maybe, a Stan Lee minifigure too!

It would be awesome. I've said this before, but I don't know if you've seen ZeRadman/DreamBuildBricks' MOC, but the instructions for that let you turn it into either tower. It's pretty cool. 

As for a potential line up, I'd just like to see Quicksilver and an updated Vision - I've never been satisfied by the ones Lego has made so far (due to the head printing) and QS understandably goes for silly prices now, whenever I've checked. 

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I suppose when you put it like that, I just can’t see us getting a $500 Tower to be honest. Maybe it is DC.

if we got the daily bugle then an iconic building like avengers tower is also possible 

If it has to be an Avengers Tower instead of something like a Sanctum, X-mansion or Baxter Building I atleast hope it's comic based. Given the era the tower first appeared I'm hoping we finally get an extremis Iron Man armour minifig and some new villains.

The $500 set being an Avengers Tower is by far the most likely option in my opinion for multiple reasons: 

• 2022 marks the 10th anniversary of the theme (and the original Avengers sets), so what better way to celebrate it than a huge D2C set based on the film that kickstarted it?
  • The tower’s iconic enough to deserve a set at that price point
  • Its size justifies a set this large. In comparison, a $500 Sanctum e.g. strikes me as overkill since the building is not THAT tall. It’s a regular-looking building (the facade at least) rather than a sizeable tower

What I’m sceptical about if this ends up happening is the minifig selection. I don’t think there are many characters left associated with scenes located in or around the tower that haven’t been done before. Or maybe they pull a Daily Bugle and include every named Avengers-related character they can think of :laugh_hard:

28 minutes ago, Childish Goblino said:

If it has to be an Avengers Tower instead of something like a Sanctum, X-mansion or Baxter Building I atleast hope it's comic based. Given the era the tower first appeared I'm hoping we finally get an extremis Iron Man armour minifig and some new villains.

Given that 2022 is the 10th anniversary of The Avengers, one of the most important movies of the early MCU and the movie that launched this theme, I would be very surprised if this isn't based on the MCU.

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I don’t think there are many characters left associated with scenes located in or around the tower that haven’t been done before. 

If it's based on The Avengers they could include missing characters like Selvig and maybe even pull Pierce, Sitwell and Rumlow from Endgame. 

23 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

If it's based on The Avengers they could include missing characters like Selvig and maybe even pull Pierce, Sitwell and Rumlow from Endgame. 

Or even better, Stan Lee as drunk party goer :tongue:

24 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Given that 2022 is the 10th anniversary of The Avengers, one of the most important movies of the early MCU and the movie that launched this theme, I would be very surprised if this isn't based on the MCU.

But rather than just update of previous figs it’s gotta be new ones. I would love. I hope they would do other figures even it doesn’t make sense in the Tower. 

20 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

But rather than just update of previous figs it’s gotta be new ones. I would love. I hope they would do other figures even it doesn’t make sense in the Tower. 

I have to disagree. The Avengers (I assume you're referring to them) absolutely need to be updated as they haven't been made on shelves for a decade and some of their designs look pretty outdated. 

11 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I have to disagree. The Avengers (I assume you're referring to them) absolutely need to be updated as they haven't been made on shelves for a decade and some of their designs look pretty outdated. 

Yeah, somehow you are right. Some of them needs update specially Black Widow and Cap. But then again, I would rather have new figures than remakes, for Ironman as an example. We got Mark 6 and 7 in that line, I don’t wanna get a new version of them while we are still missing Mark 4 to complete the original HOA suits. 

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeah, somehow you are right. Some of them needs update specially Black Widow and Cap. But then again, I would rather have new figures than remakes, for Ironman as an example. We got Mark 6 and 7 in that line, I don’t wanna get a new version of them while we are still missing Mark 4 to complete the original HOA suits. 

That's true for older fans but there are also a lot of fans who started collecting later than 2012 and have thus missed out on all these variants.

19 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That's true for older fans but there are also a lot of fans who started collecting later than 2012 and have thus missed out on all these variants.

Yeah, you’re right. And those older versions are still pretty relevant since we’ve seen them in Endgame. I definitely wouldn’t mind some updates :thumbup: 

And how about incorporating some elements from the Battle of New York, like a proper Leviathan? :wub:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And how about incorporating some elements from the Battle of New York, like a proper Leviathan? :wub:

I was thinking about this last night. If I could pick what a $500 set would look like (based entirely on my own preference of sets I like) it would be a battle of New York set in a blown up Architecture style with the centre piece being the Leviathan. Very much a display piece.

Again, zero expectation of that, but I’d love it!

What are the odds of the CMF still happening though? Is it definite that Muppets and Series 23 are the only releases on that front this year?

Edited by kevkipo