Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm super hyped for another Ghost Rider set even if it's just a mech set with a bike for the mech(presumably). Hopefully it'll be Danny Ketch since we already have Johnny Blaze and Robbie Reyes but it'll most likely be a new Johnny Blaze. Also, definitely get the Morbius set because I'm a massive Midnight Sons fan and it'll be awesome to get another member of the team.

Edited by ToaDraco

There's something odd about the fact that it seems like recent Spider-Man sets over the last year have been MCU based, 4+ Spidey based, large buildable figures, or part of the mech line.  It feels like the 2019 comic Spider-Man line is effectively over, and while I won't miss the random Spider-vehicles, it was a good source of comic Spider-Man minifigures that the other lines aren't really doing (though the Morbius thing makes me hopeful that the mech line will include more Spider-Man villains we haven't gotten yet), and the Daily Bugle was a good set to end on (Though another Spider-Man themed modular to complement the Bugle would be nice to see in the future).  

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

The set name Hulkbuster: battle of Wakanda, makes me think there be a lot more to it than just the Hulkbuster itself. A battle of Wakanda set, where the Hulkbuster is the biggest build but not the only one. I hope it includes vision. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if it includes a cull obsidian big fig.

I'd probably expect something akin to that recent Avatar set. Hulkbuster probably a similar scale/build to the AMP suit. Replace the brick-built creature with a big fig Cull Obsidian. Figures would be Bruce Banner and at least one Outrider. Some forest in the background to provide the sense of setting.

VuoxtdNQWUXNdyjGgpqxq8.jpg

1 hour ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

If Rocket’s mech isn’t brown and tree-y I would be very, very, very surprised.

The mech being groot would actually be pretty neat.

Edited by Scarilian

5 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Correct me if Im wrong but TandNbricks were first to confirm the Sanctum after many rumours so has leak creds and thy said No to the above including Sanctuary II and Leviathan

Yes, thanks for remembering! Happy to provide help when I can.

26 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I'd probably expect something akin to that recent Avatar set. Hulkbuster probably a similar scale/build to the AMP suit. Replace the brick-built creature with a big fig Cull Obsidian. Figures would be Bruce Banner and at least one Outrider. Some forest in the background to provide the sense of setting.

VuoxtdNQWUXNdyjGgpqxq8.jpg

The mech being groot would actually be pretty neat.

is this avatar set and the hulkbuster battle of wakanda the same price? I hope we get more than just two figs or one fig and a big fig. Cull would just have updated printing.

I hope we get:

falcon with updated printing and use of the new wing piece from the CMF

a wanda!!! we don't have her infinity war version. (Yes, her endgame outfit is the same but could use the updated hair piece she had in Civil War but in Weasley/black widow dark orange)

LEGO SKIPPED WANDA DURING THE INFINITY WAR WAVE! 

updated printing Maxima

updated war machine with new helmet as many people didn't get the infinity war October pack

definitely a M'baku!

Post entrance into wakanda THOR with metallic arms (perhaps printed this time) better color hair and dual color cape

(Im thinking of characters we didn't get that were in the battle)

I could see the set being the fight centred around bruce and Cull so no need for an outrider and if they add those cannon fodder characters to sets in a wave don't the need to have more sets to spread them in?

Could have two heroes and two villains:

bruce vs Cull and Vision vs Corvus Glaive

or

bruce vs Cull and wanda vs proxima

I love the fact we are getting a quinjet. I hope by using that word they mean the older version from the first avengers up until age of ultron. They even used a regular shield quinjet when picking up vision and wanda; also when going to wakanda. so there is a connection there.

We could get infinity war versions of some characters they missed previously in the quinjet set so u can combine the two sets to add to the wakanda battle.

Edited by BusterNut31

3 hours ago, HatBricks said:

Brickclicker uploaded a video with info on the 2023 marvel sets

Seems like 2023 is Morbin' Time.....

'Cause they about to taste my
Morbius
I got that acrimonious odious
'Cause the bats are copious

So unironically excited for this one tbh

9 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

A Wakanda battle Cull Obsidian should also have a silver prosthetic hand.

Ooh what a keen observation! yeah that should be cool! 

oops I see that @Falconfan1414 wrote avengers quinjet...mmm could just be the one from civil war like the picture he used. and im ok with that. the previous one was blue and black and not the right colours. A printed cockpit window would be very nice.

but I hope its the one from infinity war, which perhaps is the same model. will have to see.

8 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

I really hope the Quinjet is UCS quality similar to the Benatar. We gotten quite a few playset Quinjets, time to change it up for once.

I was hoping this, but Benatar was $60 more before we even take into account the recent price rises. 

Not impossible of course but I’m thinking unlikely.

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Will we see the Indy list soon?

also that hulkbuster wakanda set has me hyped. I hope we get a new bearded Captain America fig

The movie Indy sets are Summer 2023 launches so I think it'll be a good while till we do sadly

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

The set name Hulkbuster: battle of Wakanda, makes me think there be a lot more to it than just the Hulkbuster itself. A battle of Wakanda set, where the Hulkbuster is the biggest build but not the only one. I hope it includes vision. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if it includes a cull obsidian big fig. 

It is a shame that the infinity saga sets of this wave are remakes I'd rather see something new perhaps a Thor 1 set with Sif and Odin or if they want to Inifity war why not do the titan battle ( well the figs might overlap a lot with the gotg3 figs).

Definately possible, but the first Benatar set was just called "thanos ultimate battle" so the name doesn't necessarily confirm a side build. Not that there won't be one (I seriously hope there will be, because $50 for a hulkbuster is either super overpriced or super oversized), but Lego does weird names sometimes.

2 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

When I heard that there was going to be a Morbius set, I morbed all over my screen. The set has been produced, it has bricks in it, and a Morbius figure. This is definitely the Lego set of all time.

I've been morbing continuously for hours. I can't stop. I finally understand what it's like to be Morbius.

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

I'm super hyped for another Ghost Rider set even if it's just a mech set with a bike for the mech(presumably). Hopefully it'll be Danny Ketch since we already have Johnny Blaze and Robbie Reyes but it'll most likely be a new Johnny Blaze. Also, definitely get the Morbius set because I'm a massive Midnight Sons fan and it'll be awesome to get another member of the team.

It definately won't happen, but imagine a set with post-GR Johnny Blaze and Ghost Rider dan ketch. Would be amazing.

The fact that it's probably a bike for the mech does cool my jets a bit. I thought it would be a mech, and then also a figure scaled bike, with a side build or something to get to that $35 price tag, but you're right that it'll probably be a mech and a mech-fitting bike with just one figure. That's not really something I'd be as likely to buy.

I'm probably going to get lynched by the 3 Hulk fans for asking this but does people love the Hulkbuster so much it justifies releasing a new version so often?

Like we already got, what, 4 regular sized Hulkbusters and a D2C.

Don't get me wrong, like I'm glad people who like it/missed out will have yet another chance to get it, but it's surprising how it keeps getting so much love from Lego (I know its an ironman armor but he has like, more armors?)

Edited by PGBQW

I love that it’s not a Peter Parker figure with the Morbius set - now what do we reckon are the chances of both or one of the figures having Leg printing? I’d really like another version of Miles (tho his hoody minifigure is impeccable) 

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

is this avatar set and the hulkbuster battle of wakanda the same price? I hope we get more than just two figs or one fig and a big fig. Cull would just have updated printing.

The avatar set is $44.99 and the Hulkbuster Battle Of Wakanda set is believed to be $49.99.

Not that I'd disbelieve it, but is Morb V Miles actually confirmed as a mech set? Because I feel like I've seen everyone say it is expect the leakers and scoopers. If it's a normal set, there could possibly be a third figure thrown in, but no chance if it's a mech battle pack

Ghost Rider set seems so interesting. Of course this is probably the third Spider Man set using Ghost Rider as the selling point, but who will be the villain of the set? This question excites me

3 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

So the previous Spidey and His Amazing Friends sets featured Spider-Man, Miles Morales,  Spider-Gwen, Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Doc Ock, Green Goblin and Rhino.

It looks like the remaining characters that could be included as of Season 2 would consist of:

Black Panther

Iron Man

Ant-Man 

Wasp

Reptil

Electro

Black Cat

Sandman

After googling their designs, I'd really like to see Black Cat and Sandman figures. Ant Man and Wasp look cool, but I'd be mad if we had the simplified design treatment before getting comic versions of the characters (surprised we never got them or Vision in the 2020-21 wave)

Reptil also looks pretty cool, and it would be nice to get a new character. However Black Panther was a season 1 character and wasn't in the sets, so while these are all possible characters, not all of them will be guaranteed to appear

2 hours ago, Thwip said:

I’m pretty excited for Morbius not even for the memes but because it checks another major spidey villain off the list.

Same here. The cycle of Green Goblin/Doc Ock/Venom/Carnage/Sandman/Vulture/Mysterio has finally been broken. Fingers crossed for Electro and Mister Negative next (sadly it's easier to expect new minifigures than it is big figs, which crosses Lizard, Rhino and Kingpin off the list)

4 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Not that I'd disbelieve it, but is Morb V Miles actually confirmed as a mech set? Because I feel like I've seen everyone say it is expect the leakers and scoopers. If it's a normal set, there could possibly be a third figure thrown in, but no chance if it's a mech battle pack

Are you suggesting...

Lego Milo????? 🤯🤯🤯

10 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Are you suggesting...

Lego Milo????? 🤯🤯🤯

Omg wouldn’t that be a dream come true

“recreate the iconic dance scene from the movie!!”

Edited by hvader

11 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I'm probably going to get lynched by the 3 Hulk fans for asking this but does people love the Hulkbuster so much it justifies releasing a new version so often?

Like we already got, what, 4 regular sized Hulkbusters and a D2C.

Don't get me wrong, like I'm glad people who like it/missed out will have yet another chance to get it, but it's surprising how it keeps getting so much love from Lego (I know its an ironman armor but he has like, more armors?)

The other versions of the Hulkbuster were at least based on different designs (AoU, IW, whatever the War Machine one was and the comics/SE one), so yeah, no way anyone other than new collectors would care that much about a Hulkbuster they probably already have. So hopefully there's more builds in the set, as well as some good figures that will draw people in

4 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Are you suggesting...

Lego Milo????? 🤯🤯🤯

All our lives we've lived with LEGO choosing Venom over us. Why? Why shouldn't they know what it feels like for a change?

51 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It has not been confirmed to be a mech vs mech set yet 

I wonder if the Morbius set would have a sound brick for his catchphrase. It would sell a Morbillion copies for that alone.

On 8/15/2022 at 3:03 PM, Caps Beard said:

*laughs nervously*

What would be awesome is the opposite of the D2C- a mini-Hulkbuster thats scaled to the size of the Hulk/Cull Obsidian bigfigs