Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Because there's never been an MCU movie that's been pushed forward nearly half a year :jollyroger:

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You do understand the movie was moved up, right? If lego was planning on a may release, it's very possible that they weren't able to jump the set a full 5 months in development.

It’s not like it was just pushed up, it’s literally been 7 months since the release date changed. Calm down a bit mates

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Except this is the first movie with tie-in sets that got pre- rather than postponed, so there's no precedence. We don't currently know if they'll be able to release the set before the movie :shrug_oh_well:

It will don’t worry

4 hours ago, bradreed715 said:

It’s not like it was just pushed up, it’s literally been 7 months since the release date changed. Calm down a bit mates

Bruh, we're calm :jollyroger:

We're just explaining why the set might not end up getting released in January. 

53 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Anyone know if https://brickset.com/sets/10789-1/Spider-Man-s-Car-and-Doc-Ock is another one of those 4+ sets based on the younger kids cartoon? (the one where Doc Ock is female for reasons I am sure makes sense to those who knows more about the Spider-Man comic universe than me)

There has been more than one Doc Ock in media. One is female. Olivia Octavius has been portrayed as Otto Octavius' daughter. But in Spidey and His Amazing Friends and Into the Spiderverse it seems she's just a parallel universe version of Doctor Octopus who happens to be female.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

And me and falconfan are explaining why it will

1 hour ago, bradreed715 said:

And me and falconfan are explaining why it will

You're misinterpreting what he said — he didn't say it will release in January, but that it's still a possibility

Finally set images! Late to the party but I wanted to comment my thoughts on this wave.

76245 - at least for me, the appeal of a mech is that is a cheap and affordable way for kids to get their favorite characters. Or, in better words, for me as a consumer, my appeal for the mechs is that they are cheap ways to get cool mini figures. So this is more of just my perspective, not saying this objectively but a $35 mech kind of loses the initial appeal the mechs had for me. At that price point I would expect or prefer they produce a set with 3 or even 4 mini figures. It’s a bit disappointing to pay $35 for one fig. That said, I’m happy kids have some opportunity to buy Ghost Rider, as its been a while since the 2016 set discontinued. I thought Ghost Rider had a great design when I was a kid so I don’t doubt many will be excited to get to add him to the collection. The bike is well done but I do wish they added a few other figs to the set.

76241 - chest hair was an interesting artistic choice to go for Hulk. I gotta say I do not like the way the hands are done. The studs on top of the fingers and under the fingers feel unnecessary and are kind of ugly in my opinion. The toes are funny but I don’t think I like the arms either. 

76243 - sigh. I used to see the mechs as a fun way to get comics figs specifically. Up until this point I think the mechs have been loosely inspired by the mech strike comics (based off the head of the Thor mech and arms on the Black Panther mech, and character choice for the first few waves) and the Wolverine mech for example was clearly comic based, at least the fig was. So when i heard we were getting a Rocket Raccoon mini fig I was excited because, I thought Lego would use this as an opportunity to give us a comic design. Considering we just got an MCU variant in the Advent Calendar, and the Benatar, and there’s an upcoming Vol.3 wave, I thought this fig could be a great and rare opportunity to get a comic variant of Rocket Raccoon. It’s disappointing I can’t find a single comic reference that matches this brown coat with blue undershirt. I don’t necessarily think its 1:1 with any MCU suit either. Possibly concept art from Vol.3 secretly? Either way this feels like a missed opportunity given all his MCU appearances. I would have loved to see his green or blue and red suits.

76242 - so excited for this one. I was actually going to buy the Thor’s Hammer just for the complete Infinity Gauntlet. So to be able to get that for $15 is really exciting to me. The mech itself is also very well done! The legs ankles and feet are very nice, bulky and streamlined. Again my only complaint is this fig is clearly MCU based given the baldness and that suit is pretty close but not exact I’ll admit to his Infinity War design. Whatever I’m so excited for that Gauntlet!

76247 - sigh again. Tired of Hulkbusters but I guess they must sell well. The price is nice. That said, I am not sure I agree with the proportions. Bruce Banner is kind of a boring fig, Outriders are nice to army build. Okoye is the real standout here imo.  She’s really fun to get. I do think one additional figure would have been nice to see here. 4 is not a number I’m fond of. I would have liked to see Vision or Falcon included as well.

76244 - its Morbin time. This is the best set of the wave and yes my comic bias is showing. Love the way they printed his nose, the hair choice was quite smart as well. I love the fact we’re getting Morbius. For $25!! Not much to say about the vehicke. I’m not mad at Lego making up a car for Miles Morales, toy company’s that produce Spider vehicles tend to get creative with what they produce and I’ve seen Spidey helicopters when I was a kid. So idc if it’s accurate to anything or not, it looks so good. This car is so sleek but also kind of sturdy at the same time. Love this design for the milesmobile, really great set.

76248 - this set made me quite nostalgic actually. I have the 2012 Quinjet and getting it for Christmas was huge for me as a kid. To see it rereleased is quite exciting. First I’ll say the build seems to be quite accurate to the MCU, and I cannot overstate how awesome it is we got a full interior. There’s so much sitting room for you to add other Avengers and thats really cool for me and I’m sure kids will have a lot of fun choosing the roster of figs they send on missions. Its really nice to see the amount of space they included. The ability to swap the Avengers and Shiel logos are really cool additions to the set you can  get 2 and display them differently should you choose to. And finally the figure choice is so cute to me. Choosing to redo the 2012 figures feels nice to see. Black Widows arm printing is refreshing to see and the hair choice was spot on. I still feel the CMF S9 Hollywood Starlets hair in orange would work great as well, I have no complaints. Lokis smirk is miles above the Bruce Wayne head and the print is pretty good. I guess my only complaint is Thor’s face is too derpy for me me, and Loki could have used arm printing. Besides that this Quinjet is a very solid release. 

overall a very solid wave, but given only one set (the Morbius set) was comic based, it’s a shame Lego didn’t take the opportunity to focus on comic designs for the mechs. I guess the Ghost Rider fig was comic accurate. Anyways besides the disappointing Rocket Raccoon figure I think this wave has a lot going for it.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You're misinterpreting what he said — he didn't say it will release in January, but that it's still a possibility

No I’m not but thanks for telling me what I think. How about we wait and we’ll see how that goes again?

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm starting to think he might just be trolling.

@cosmic, totally agree with pretty much all your thoughts on the sets. The ghost rider mech being $35 for one fig when there's a ninjago set with more figs AND A SIDE BUILD of the same thing annoys me, no way the marvel tax is that high. Though I will say Okoye doesn't interest me much personally, she's just not a character that interests me much. I kinda would have preferred M'Baku, if we're doing wakandans, though if any figure could replace her, I'd want Infinity War war machine or an updated Cap.

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm starting to think he might just be trolling.

@cosmic, totally agree with pretty much all your thoughts on the sets. The ghost rider mech being $35 for one fig when there's a ninjago set with more figs AND A SIDE BUILD of the same thing annoys me, no way the marvel tax is that high. Though I will say Okoye doesn't interest me much personally, she's just not a character that interests me much. I kinda would have preferred M'Baku, if we're doing wakandans, though if any figure could replace her, I'd want Infinity War war machine or an updated Cap.

I don’t know if anyone should have replaced her, but it’d have been nice to see War Machine or Cap added to the set along with her. All I want is M’Baku’s hair piece to be available on PAB one day lol, but I agree it’d be cool to get him in more sets. We only get one wave of mechs each year correct? Just the winter wave? 

On 12/3/2022 at 12:21 PM, cosmic said:

I thought this fig could be a great and rare opportunity to get a comic variant of Rocket Raccoon.

Actually, it is comic based, so good news for you: it is from the cover of Rocket (2017), #2.

(The last link wasn't working, so I changed, @cosmic)

93880d7a48b9d403a0bbf38c6b58085e--cosmic

Edited by PRbrickbuilder
Added comic number and changed link

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Fr, no way he's acting seriously. 

If your head was as big as your ego they would have to cast you as modok. All I did was say I predicted the set pictures or descriptions would come in the next couple days because of some conversations I had with reliable leakers and y’all lost it for some reason

The Ghost Rider mech should have also included a Blackheart minifig, or even Mephisto.

Also.. Still no Young Avengers when Lego is trying to celebrate diversity nowadays. Boo!

18 hours ago, PGBQW said:

It is indeed a Space Odyssey reference,  but I'm confident it's also going to be an Among Us reference.

James Gunn already said this isnt the case FYI, its 2001 and thats it.

Just my 2 cents but Antman sets will probably be Jan. All other merchandisers were given enough warning to anticipate the date changes. Its a small set and probably not even a big enough deal to warrant the conversation.

50 minutes ago, Killian said:

The Ghost Rider mech should have also included a Blackheart minifig, or even Mephisto.

Also.. Still no Young Avengers when Lego is trying to celebrate diversity nowadays. Boo!

Let's be honest, if it did include a second minifigure, it would've been Iron Man or someone like that :tongue:

On 12/1/2022 at 6:42 PM, bradreed715 said:

It’s clearly a 2001 a space odyssey reference 

46 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

I'm worried this got lost, but I was joking when I said it was an Among Us reference. 

Edited by Brickroll

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

I don’t know if anyone should have replaced her, but it’d have been nice to see War Machine or Cap added to the set along with her. All I want is M’Baku’s hair piece to be available on PAB one day lol, but I agree it’d be cool to get him in more sets. We only get one wave of mechs each year correct? Just the winter wave? 

Yeah, just the one wave, but they do show up in other sets post-january. Venom in 2020, Doc ock v spidey in 2021, goblin v spidey in 2022. Maybe we'll have a 2 pack this year, but I think the GR bike took it's place.

2 hours ago, Killian said:

We won't get young avengers until there's an MCU young avengers thing. 

I personally don't like the young avengers, (and I don't think I've ever met anyone IRL who does. it's the avengers but if they were a YA novel), so I'm personally fine with it. Not exactly super anxious to get Speed or Hulkling in the way I am for the X-men, Fantastic 4, etc.

On 12/2/2022 at 10:34 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Second I wouldn’t worry about big figs getting canned. I really don’t think they have been

No big fig in the new moana set which you'd expect there to be. Just to add to the conspiracy :pir_laugh2:

Edited by squiz18

We really need a Lego eating popcorn emoji. Sometimes this Eurobricks drama is just too good. I’ll use this one for now.:moar:   

7 hours ago, squiz18 said:

No big fig in the new moana set which you'd expect there to be.

Its been a while since I last saw the movie but I don't think that particular boat is one that Maui rode on so not having Maui in that set doesn't seem like its a problem.

12 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

😔😔😔

13 hours ago, Killian said:

The Ghost Rider mech should have also included a Blackheart minifig, or even Mephisto

If it included more minifigs it would've been Spider-Man, Venom and Venom's helicopter as a side build.

8 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

We really need a Lego eating popcorn emoji. Sometimes this Eurobricks drama is just too good. I’ll use this one for now.:moar:   

🗿

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

Its been a while since I last saw the movie but I don't think that particular boat is one that Maui rode on so not having Maui in that set doesn't seem like its a problem.

That's true, but it's only in the film for a few seconds at the end. Seems a weird choice for a set when one with maui would sell better. Unless you weren't making big figs anymore....:pir-laugh:

29 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

That's true, but it's only in the film for a few seconds at the end. Seems a weird choice for a set when one with maui would sell better. Unless you weren't making big figs anymore....:pir-laugh:

They've already made that ship tho, so it makes sense to use a different ship for the next Moana set.

It's hilarious how a single person made a totally false claim about bigfigs, and now everyone's worried about LEGO abandoning them :tongue: