Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, jonwil said:

If they put Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Gambit, Storm, Odin, Thing, Mr Fantastic, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Silver Surfer, Living Laser or Galactus in a set, shut up and take my money please. (yes I know a couple of these have been done before but they are so expensive so new ones would be nice).

It would be fantastic to get a comic book X-Men CMF series (it would be kinda neat if they did some movie variants too at some point; Mystique and DOFP Magneto are ones I’d love.)

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We live in a society where we don't have a single set with Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Gambit, Storm, Odin, Thing, Mr Fantastic, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Silver Surfer, Living Laser or Galactus.

Jokr.jpg

Jokes aside, @jonwil, your demands might be phrased a bit funny but they are some pretty major marvel figs we haven't gotten yet (well, maybe not the living laser). The X-men and fantastic four were missing due to disney trying to kill merch for those franchises since they didn't own the film rights, but now that they've got them again, I think the wolverine fig is just the beginning.

Edited by Mandalorianknight
And I do want to hammer home that it is just a joke

1 hour ago, Shahennian said:

Thunderbolts movie in the works, so I hope we'll get some villains https://deadline.com/2022/06/marvels-thunderbolts-jake-schreier-1235041619/

Characters listed in the article, but unconfirmed:

Zemo, US Agent, Ghost, Taskmaster, Abomination, Yelena, and Bucky

She wasn't mentioned, but I'd bet Valentina as well.

Edited by Buckethead

19 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Does anyone have any suggestions, which of those variants is most significant, etc? Out of all of them, I like the Spider-Armour Mk.4 most. The silver eyes really do it for me.

Normally for displaying suit line-up's I go for most significant in terms of appearances in media, visual appeal such as detailing or simply personal bias due to the suit just appealing to me more. You could arguably mix and match some elements of the suits.

Honestly, you need a bigger display rack. We are hopefully going to wind up with Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Spider-man suits along with potential for Tom Holland's Spider-man Homemade suit via the animated Freshman Year series and we also have the NWH final swing suit.

I'd generally lean towards movie suits:

1. Homemade Homecoming Suit
  2. Stark Suit
  3. Stealth Suit
  4. Red/Black suit
  5. Black & Gold suit
  6. Integrated Suit
  7. NWH Ending Swing Suit
  8. Iron Spider
  9. What If Suit/CMF
  10. Tobey Suit
  11. Andrew Suit

Which leaves a slot open for the eventual Venom Symbiote Suit.

9 hours ago, jonwil said:

If they put Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Gambit, Storm, Odin, Thing, Mr Fantastic, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Silver Surfer, Living Laser or Galactus in a set, shut up and take my money please. (yes I know a couple of these have been done before but they are so expensive so new ones would be nice).

Honestly, most of these will probably wind up happening - but it's going to be a year or two.

• X-Men is getting an animated series in mid/late 2023, which we could easily see sets based on. We also have the X-Men presumably being introduced into the MCU in Phase 5 around 2023/2024 and Deadpool 3 might contribute.
  • Odin will probably wind up appearing in a Thor legacy set at some stage.
  • Fantastic Four we probably wont see until the live action film in 2024.
  • Silver Surfer and Galactus we'd probably have to wait till they appear in the MCU movies.

The least likely on your list is probably Living Laser, which I don't think we will wind up getting at all.

2 hours ago, Shahennian said:

Thunderbolts movie in the works, so I hope we'll get some villains https://deadline.com/2022/06/marvels-thunderbolts-jake-schreier-1235041619/

I'd lean towards US Agent and Valentina being featured primarily in Captain America 4 - they could reveal Valentina as working for Leviathan which is a Russian terrorist group in the comics. So Captain America 4 would be a Russian manipulated US Agent VS someone trying to uphold the falling symbol of America in the form of Captain America.

In terms of Thunderbolt characters, it'll probably wind up turning into that all-female movie they teased back when they were doing Endgame. Yelena, Ghost, Wasp, Taskmaster, Kate Bishop. Could see that being the line-up, probably initially facing off against Zemo before it's revealed that Valentina is manipulating them or something.

57 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

In terms of Thunderbolt characters, it'll probably wind up turning into that all-female movie they teased back when they were doing Endgame. Yelena, Ghost, Wasp, Taskmaster, Kate Bishop. Could see that being the line-up, probably initially facing off against Zemo before it's revealed that Valentina is manipulating them or something.

Isn’t The Marvels that all-female movie you’re referring to? Majority of the main characters seem to be female. In any case, I definitely think this Thunderbolts project is the most likely one for US Agent to show up in next, besides Cap 4 maybe.

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

Isn’t The Marvels that all-female movie you’re referring to? Majority of the main characters seem to be female. In any case, I definitely think this Thunderbolts project is the most likely one for US Agent to show up in next, besides Cap 4 maybe.

Nope. The Marvels is the female movie based around Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, and Photon. There was a rumored all-female superhero movie but it's not the Marvels 

19 minutes ago, TheJackBricks said:

Nope. The Marvels is the female movie based around Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, and Photon. There was a rumored all-female superhero movie but it's not the Marvels 

You're thinking of A-Force. While not guaranteed, The Marvels could be a surrogate for the team. Either way, Thunderbolts ain't it.

22 hours ago, Mr. Cube said:

I was looking forward to this set, as I own only the original interior-based Sanctum from 2016 and I skipped that one from 2018. But now I'm a little bit disappointed with this set, or more specifically with the minifigures. I hope that the build will be great with many nice details and techniques, but I think that this set will not be my "1st day must buy", as I planned before.

I'm a massive Doctor Strange fan—the Gargantos set is what pulled me out of my "dark age" and I have been absolutely super-excited for the Sanctum, as I was actually planning on designing my own until I caught wind of an official set being made. That said, I'm starting to get a little scared; I don't care too much about minifigures but both the selection and execution have been underwhelming, and more importantly the $250 price tag for a 2700-piece set is just hard to swallow. When you compare its value proposition to the Bugle for example which has 1000 more pieces and 16 more minifigures for only $50 more, it becomes a little hard to justify. I'm also just afraid that it won't quite be proportioned right; if accurate, it's supposed to be three stories plus the roof which I think is a big ask for the piece-count. But, we'll see next week!

25 minutes ago, VincentLord said:

I'm also just afraid that it won't quite be proportioned right; if accurate, it's supposed to be three stories plus the roof which I think is a big ask for the piece-count. But, we'll see next week!

I just assumed that, either it uses a lot of big pieces, or it will be three stories including the roof.

At most, I would expect it to be as large as the Bugle if you remove the top floor.

Really hope the Sanctum is not the only Marvel reveal, because with the price increase and underwhelming figure selection that feels cheap, it's not on my list to get.

7 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Either way, Thunderbolts ain't it.

I would not be so sure.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Really hope the Sanctum is not the only Marvel reveal, because with the price increase and underwhelming figure selection that feels cheap, it's not on my list to get.

Not sure what else there is left to reveal :sceptic: Too early for the D2C set I assume, the Hulkbuster is MIA, and the remaining sets might as well be delayed DC ones :tongue: I mean, there has to be a reason we don‘t even know their names yet!

Thunderbolts is a team akin to 'Suicide Squad,' in that it's a villain-based team (or at least the most popular and recent version of it is).

It's not going to be a team of female 'good guys,' or they wouldn't use the name Thunderbolts, which is specifically from 'Thunderbolt' Ross. It doesn't need to be a direct translation, of course, but again, if it wasn't the Thunderbolts, they wouldn't call it that. My guess is that it will focus on morally gray characters like US Agent, and the stinger between him and Valentina all but guarantees he'll be in it.

Sounds like the new hairpiece will be used for Mordo AND some of the Avatar sets :laugh: Wanda sounds pretty unspectacular (no dual-moulded arms, no leg prints), but the new crown print could be awesome!

35 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sounds like the new hairpiece will be used for Mordo AND some of the Avatar sets :laugh: Wanda sounds pretty unspectacular (no dual-moulded arms, no leg prints), but the new crown print could be awesome!

To be fair no dual-moulded arms is a much better choice in this case, since it's accurate to the movie.

Crown printing also sounds great.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

oh from the promobricks article. got it.

its frustrating hearing so many of the figs just back to plain Lego Marvel tactics of no leg printing. Annoyed that all the fans of this set is happy for Doctor Strange characters and the best figs are Iron Man and Spider-man. Im kind of sick of it. I know, I know. THEY SELL but the market is oversaturated at this point. 

Like every batman set that comes out I think "oh another batman thing. meh" its redundant at this point!

Like the fact that you can turn the box to whichever film you want to represent. Infinity War or MoM

Printed Wanda wimple sounds great! finally we complained hard enough! lol

3 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

its frustrating hearing so many of the figs just back to plain Lego Marvel tactics of no leg printing. Annoyed that all the fans of this set is happy for Doctor Strange characters and the best figs are Iron Man and Spider-man. Im kind of sick of it. I know, I know. THEY SELL but the market is oversaturated at this point. 

This isn't unique to lego, either. Look at the new midnight suns (can't believe the title's a typo :tongue:) game, they've forcibly inserted Iron man and spider-man into it. I do have some hope for the NEXT time a sanctum rolls around though (so, what, 2026?), because the newest film proved Dr. Strange can make money without the avengers.

On 6/9/2022 at 6:23 PM, Scarilian said:

I think as others have said, that film became the marvels. With one of the two main MCU female heroes dead and the other evil, that team would be, like, Gamora, Wasp, Shuri, the Marvels, etc, and there's no logical way to bring them together while keeping the male characters out of it. It'd be like a team of Groot, Ant-Man, M'Baku, War Machine, Moon Knight, and Hulk or something. But anyway, regardless of whether the A-force film is the marvels, dead, or something else, it's definately not Thunderbolts. They very obviously recruited John Walker, it's hinted they're adding Abomination, and both of them are definately male. (Plus I highly doubt Wasp is in it. I suppose Kate could be manipulated into it like John and Yelena, though)

Anyway, I do hope the film means we get a John Walker figure. His fall and redemption was probably my favorite part of TFATWS.

Sometime over the last day or so a shirt (design) was revealed (or at the very least appeared online) that has the Illuminati members on it.

Is there still some kind of chance that LEGO may make say Professor X, Mr. Fantastic and/or Black Bolt?

Edited by SuperSquidman

6 hours ago, SuperSquidman said:

Sometime over the last day or so a shirt (design) was revealed (or at the very least appeared online) that has the Illuminati members on it.

Is there still some kind of chance that LEGO may make say Professor X, Mr. Fantastic and/or Black Bolt?

Not anytime soon most likely. For spoilery merch, it‘s much quicker and easier to slap an image of the characters onto a T-Shirt then it is to make a molded toy or collectible. That’s why we have so many Tobey/Andrew related NWH shirts (often using the same PNG) and like 0 toys so far.

It's intriguing to me that they skipped this theme's 10th anniversary. 

It's mind-boggling that Harry Potter got a huge 20th anniversary celebration, even though it had sets for like 30% of its run, while Super Heroes, consecutively having sets each year, didn't get one.

Well, five sets left then. Three for September, two unknown.