Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I’m pretty happy with that minifig selection. It was more or less what was reported, so it’s not too surprising. I would have liked more characters from MoM, but there were a few that lego probably couldn’t have done yet. I think the Doctor Strange variants are good choices. It would have been nice to get more new characters, but 8/9 (probably) new figures ain’t bad.

Edited by Yochip

6 hours ago, The Stud said:

You’re legitimately acting like a child right now and are derailing the whole conversation so you can pout about something that didn’t even happen, but go off I guess.

As for the Sanctum, the figure selection doesn’t really bother me much. Yeah, it’s kinda weird that four of the five figures from the previous Sanctum will be here too, albeit some in different outfits. I’m curious how Lego is going to do the box art since the set’s inspired by two different films. It also would have been nice to get more MoM figures, but having just seen the movie this past afternoon, the only non-spoilery figure I can think of being particularly desirable is the Minotaur dude. That would have been a great way to reuse the CMF Minotaur piece.

Feels like a bit of a waste to not do the Iron Spider suit here though, seeing as how it was so prominently featured in the marketing for NWH. The IW figure doesn’t really satisfy me (dual molded legs, different colored eyes and a darker shade of red closer to the Iron Man figures would be preferable) but in retrospect, I think the blue on the previous Stark Suit figure was too dark so maybe they’ll have the chance to fix that here at least.

I literally just proved it happened. Just posted quotes of people telling me I was wrong. 

It's not really derailing the discussion because 1. it's a lesson to stop immediately saying people are wrong just because they're not leakers or not constantly spamming the chat. and 2. It's still about the sanctum. Ya'll can go on and on about how you're mad that certain "leakers" lied and they get all the attention they want and I mention that I was right about something and ya'll throw a hissy fit. 

I think they mean it's gonna be an updated version of the first Tom Holland Spider-Man suit seen at the start of Infinity War. 

Not sure if I missed it, or it's a recent addition - but Promobricks have confirmed 76223 is the Nano Gauntlet and will have 675 pieces. The Duplo set was also revealed recently so have updated that on the list.

We now only have 7 Unknown sets for this year we are aware of:

• August - 76220 4+ ($10/15€, 42/43 pcs)
  • August - 76221 ($45, 456 pcs)
  • Unknown - 76222: (Unknown Marvel set, listed on Promobricks.de)
  • Unknown - 76224: (Unknown Marvel set, listed on Promobricks.de)
  • September - 76225 ($25/30€, 238 pcs)
  • September - 76226 ($25/30€, 258 pcs)
  • September - 76230: ($25/30€, 297 pcs) 

We may have other sets this year we do not know about yet, but these are the only ones we know of at the moment.

Updated List:

Spoiler

JUNE:

• 76216: Iron Man Armory
  • 76217: I am Groot
  • 10963: DUPLO Spider-Man & Friends: Funfair Adventure

AUGUST:

• 76220 4+ ($10/15€, 42/43 pcs)
  • 76221 ($45, 456 pcs)
  • 76218: Sanctum Sanctorum ($210/220€, 2708 pcs) - 9 figures MoM Doctor Strange, IW Wong, Scarlet Witch, Ebony May, Stark Suit/Iron Spider-man, Iron Man MK50, Sinister Strange, Zombie Strange, Mordo

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 4+ (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213 (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214 (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

• 76222: (Unknown Marvel set, listed on Promobricks.de)
  • 76223: Nano Gauntlet ($60€, 675 pcs) 
  • 76224: (Unknown Marvel set, listed on Promobricks.de)
  • 76215: Hulkbuster MK II 300€ (IW Hulkbuster D2C)
  • 76210 500€ D2C Marvel
  • 76232 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76242 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76244 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded.
Edited by Scarilian

I have to say, as someone who didn't get the infinity war sanctum, this Minifigure list has me EXTREMELY excited, I've wanted the iron spider suit for a while, but refused to buy it second hand because of the ridiculous price, this also applies to the ebony maul, this set has the perfect Minifigure selection for someone like me, who missed out on the iw sanctum, but still wants the Minifigures. apart from that, the rest of the mini figures are just extra(apart from strange and wong) 

also, I feel as though the sanctum would look too large if it took up an entire baseplate, I would much prefer it to take up 3/4 of one, (similar to how the brick bank is laid out) and maybe a different store taking up the other 1/4, maybe a shwarma restaurant? or maybe an ice cream place and we could get prints/ stickers of the avenger's icecream that was referenced in infinity war, though I fully expect the finished model not to have this, (as if it did it probably would have already been reported on) but it's still fun to speculate on what could have been.( it would have a similar layout to this moc by dream build bricks,)

Edited by living_off_lego

16 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

also, I feel as though the sanctum would look too large if it took up an entire baseplate, I would much prefer it to take up 3/4 of one, (similar to how the brick bank is laid out) and maybe a different store taking up the other 1/4, maybe a shwarma restaurant? or maybe an ice cream place and we could get prints/ stickers of the avenger's icecream that was referenced in infinity war, though I fully expect the finished model not to have this, (as if it did it probably would have already been reported on) but it's still fun to speculate on what could have been.

Though I agree the building shouldn't take up the entire baseplate (and I doubt it will), I don't think I'd like there to be another building.
I think using the entire width for the build is warranted for the Sanctum Sanctorum, but depthwise there could be some room for a sidewalk, as you suggested (I believe).

Regards,
Mitch

13 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Though I agree the building shouldn't take up the entire baseplate (and I doubt it will), I don't think I'd like there to be another building.
I think using the entire width for the build is warranted for the Sanctum Sanctorum, but depthwise there could be some room for a sidewalk, as you suggested (I believe).

Regards,
Mitch

from what ive seen, the sanctum looks more natural and livelywhen another building is placed onto the same base plate as it,but i also dont think that the sanctum has to take up a full baseplate, brick buzz year did a fantastic set concept (linked below), and in that the sanctum only took up around a half of a baseplate, and it still looked amazing 

I don't really collect Marvel but I'm quite impressed with the new Iron Man helmet piece. For a long time I've felt like Lego "misfired" a bit with the original Iron Man helmet by giving it TOO much molded detail (which both made it look distinctly un-minifiglike and made it so that later helmets had to make do with the same facial shapes even if they didn't match that Avengers version exactly). Then later they introduced the simpler single-piece helmet, which was more versatile due to using printed detail instead of molded detail but also lost the cool flip-up visor. This newest helmet feels like the best of both worlds, with printed facial details AND a flip-up visor. I hope that like the single-piece helmet design, this new one goes on to see use for not just Iron Man but also other helmeted characters.

2 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

from what ive seen, the sanctum looks more natural and livelywhen another building is placed onto the same base plate as it,but i also dont think that the sanctum has to take up a full baseplate, brick buzz year did a fantastic set concept (linked below), and in that the sanctum only took up around a half of a baseplate, and it still looked amazing 

Usually a modular has approx 8 studs of pavement so for a corner building like the Sanctum on a 32x32 baseplate (as reported) its approx size will be about 24x24 (minus cut corner). Adding another building into this space would greatly compromise the interior in my opinion. Looking at Sanctum Concept art from first Dr Strange a baseplate and a half (48x32) with the building taking up 40x24 would do it justice with good interior. Thats prob how Ill MOD it regardless.

I do like your idea of avengers ice cream parts being in the Sanctum, maybe randomly sitting on a table or something. Im hoping for lots of easter eggs inside. For the interior I really want a staircase that can fall apart for when Banner crashes into the Sanctum in IW and a Rotunda of Gateways.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

I forgot I can never be trusted to identify colours, my apologies 💀

IIRC the disney stark suit (the one on the avengers campus) has, among it's slight changes to avoid any rights issues, a lighter blue, so that might be what you're thinking of.

That said, so long as we're on the subject of colors, Rescue's suit is dark blue, not purple. :devil_laugh:

I also believe the AC suit features in What If so it is making the rounds. Spidey is done being tech themed in the MCU but the AC is, IMO, the definitive "tech themed Spidey suit".

55 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That said, so long as we're on the subject of colors, Rescue's suit is dark blue, not purple. :devil_laugh:

I had to check this to be sure and I think you’re right… but I still think purple looks better :laugh:

48 minutes ago, doclord said:

I also believe the AC suit features in What If so it is making the rounds. Spidey is done being tech themed in the MCU but the AC is, IMO, the definitive "tech themed Spidey suit".

Yup, it's speculated that's for the same rights reason, hence why Tom Holland didn't return like so many of his compatriots. Seems they've solved that with Freshman year, though who knows, maybe spidey'll never have the homemade suit.

Heard mixed things about Dr Strange 2, but a friend of mine really recommended it and said it had a similar violence level to MK and DD, so I guess I'm seeing it tomorrow! I have a nice Strange figure from the 2016 set but I might have to get the CMF wanda if i like the movie.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yup, it's speculated that's for the same rights reason, hence why Tom Holland didn't return like so many of his compatriots. Seems they've solved that with Freshman year, though who knows, maybe spidey'll never have the homemade suit.

Heard mixed things about Dr Strange 2, but a friend of mine really recommended it and said it had a similar violence level to MK and DD, so I guess I'm seeing it tomorrow! I have a nice Strange figure from the 2016 set but I might have to get the CMF wanda if i like the movie.

I don't know how people have mixed things about Strange 2, it was amazing. That being said, after seeing it I wish all the Minifigures were coming from Strange 2! There was no need to include Infinity!

14 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

The design of that Sanctum definitely looks very nice, but I just think it's too thin, in depth. There's no room for a good interior, which is the same as the current LEGO Sanctum Sanctorum.

Regards,
Mitch

6 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I don't know how people have mixed things about Strange 2, it was amazing. That being said, after seeing it I wish all the Minifigures were coming from Strange 2! There was no need to include Infinity!

I agree. I thought it was great

23 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I forgot I can never be trusted to identify colours, my apologies 💀

I get what you are saying and that is the fault of Sony ( kinda ) In Civil War the suit was dark blue but in Homecoming is was brighter. seems odd but yeah.

636343693926334904-XXX-IMG-TOM-HOLLAND-3

spider-man-homecoming_0-2000.jpg

I guess it all depends on how the light catches it.

21 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I had to check this to be sure and I think you’re right… but I still think purple looks better :laugh:

hahaha agreed and ooooh if they give us a new rescue with the new helmet ?!?! chefs kiss!

On 5/6/2022 at 2:15 PM, upliftingbricks said:

Usually a modular has approx 8 studs of pavement so for a corner building like the Sanctum on a 32x32 baseplate (as reported) its approx size will be about 24x24 (minus cut corner). Adding another building into this space would greatly compromise the interior in my opinion. Looking at Sanctum Concept art from first Dr Strange a baseplate and a half (48x32) with the building taking up 40x24 would do it justice with good interior. Thats prob how Ill MOD it regardless.

I do like your idea of avengers ice cream parts being in the Sanctum, maybe randomly sitting on a table or something. Im hoping for lots of easter eggs inside. For the interior I really want a staircase that can fall apart for when Banner crashes into the Sanctum in IW and a Rotunda of Gateways.

when i was talking about how the sanctum could be layed out i refrenced the brick bank, how that modular had a large main building( the bank) and a smaller building(a laundromat) the laundromat took up around 12x10 studs(around 120 studs) and the bank took up 16x28 and 18x12 area(added together would equal the total space the bank part takes up)i think that this is a VERY sizable chunk that the sanctum could take up, the bank is small enough to add a laundromat, but big enough to give it great detail, and the laundromat is small enough to not clas with the bank, but not big enough to interupt the detail it has.

also i think that my icecream/shwarma place is a good idea but it would be odd finding a color that compliments the sanctums muted color scheme, but still stand out on its own.

(also the broken stairs would be a great touch)

DS2 was fantastic, a lot of the poorer reviews seem to be because it is rather "cheesy", and I can see why Raimi's style is not palatable for modern audiences (even if the Spiderman trilogy is well enjoyed today, it was also not released today and is seen as representative of the time).

Edited by doclord

2 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

when i was talking about how the sanctum could be layed out i refrenced the brick bank, how that modular had a large main building( the bank) and a smaller building(a laundromat) the laundromat took up around 12x10 studs(around 120 studs) and the bank took up 16x28 and 18x12 area(added together would equal the total space the bank part takes up)i think that this is a VERY sizable chunk that the sanctum could take up, the bank is small enough to add a laundromat, but big enough to give it great detail, and the laundromat is small enough to not clas with the bank, but not big enough to interupt the detail it has.

I guess for me the centrepiece of the ground floor and the interior as a whole is the staircase which is a big elaborate staircase in the centre of the room branching at the top. I believe the Bank Modular uses the standard lego stair piece at the side of the building (don't have Bank modular not for lack of wanting :laugh: so might be wrong). I struggle to see how they can pay off the Sanctum staircase with the current suggested size. Am excited to see how they've done it though (if at all).

Does anyone think the Zombie Strange figure suggested for the Sanctum has a second face/head that allows it to be the Pre-Zombie Variant?

Also does anyone have a list of Marvel Lego Stickers that suggested a new figure that came out a few years later (or unreleased as yet). Ones I can think of are

76108 in 2018 had Daredevil which was released in 76178 in 2021
76125 in 2019 had Striker Armour which is being released in 76216 in 2022
76125 in 2019 hinted at Red Snapper Armour which is unreleased (Wild prediction its in $500 set :laugh:)
76175 in 2021 hinted at Bombastic Bagman Spiderman Suit which is unreleased (Wild prediction its in a 2024 set to keep the 3 year pattern :laugh:)

Edited by upliftingbricks

12 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Does anyone think the Zombie Strange figure suggested for the Sanctum has a second face/head that allows it to be the Pre-Zombie Variant?

I'd love for them to do that!

Alternative face wouldnt work because Zombie and Person skin are way tol different in Lego, but seeing the recent Lego Sets of Lightyear and The Batman I could see them including an alternate head

Whatever happened to the Hulkbuster MK2 D2C? 

We first heard about it half a year ago, and then nothing. It was supposed to come out in 1HY.

Could it have been cancelled, or perhaps the rumour was entirely fake?

Our first 2022 Marvel D2C is coming in August, and we still have the 500€ one...

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Whatever happened to the Hulkbuster MK2 D2C? 

We first heard about it half a year ago, and then nothing. It was supposed to come out in 1HY.

Could it have been cancelled, or perhaps the rumour was entirely fake?

Our first 2022 Marvel D2C is coming in August, and we still have the 500€ one...

It’s still coming. First one should be sooner then august