Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Shout-out to @Ashnflash for perfectly shining a light on one of the biggest problems we see in this theme

I feel He forgets that new collectors age into existence every wave and thats likely who Lego were referencing.

Like sure theres been like seven uses of that Ironman but to five year olds it will be collectable to them. its why we have yearly police. It sells a ton. Yearly Spidey and Ironman makes sense now and will help fund the budget for other sets.

Heck atleast the newer mechs were from that new Marvel Mech Strike.It would be great to get more based on that!

Edited by Ghostcat

Kids like mechs, Lego makes a mech with a Marvel character that is popular, kid buys the set for the mech and/or interest in the character. By repeating the figure with a different set they create the idea in kids minds that this character is the same and is meant to be associated with whatever other characters they are included in. This encourages the kids to get another set because they view the characters in the other set as associated with the hero.

As much as we may desire it, it makes no sense for the character to be someone brand new OR a variation of the iconic design as such because the age range they are targetting might not understand who the character is and/or that they are meant to be the same character if the outfit/design has changed. This is why we are unlikely to get a She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel or Moon Knight set because they are not currently mainstream enough that they would be known to kids. I also feel the mechs primarily lean on characters with super powers, so you can have them either fighting in the mech or the concept of playing with the figure on its own.

This is also why we see the same figure repeated in other sets, to form association between the character and the other sets it is included in. Associate kids with Spider-man, link that to some of his villains most obviously Venom because he rarely changes and then you can tie it in with other characters such as Iron Man. Then we get the 'venomized' characters because now they are associated with Venom and Iron Man or Venom and Spider-ham you can link them together, etc...

The Thor set is a lot more complicated relating to budget, concept art, playability vs display, etc... so I would not lump that in with the discussion on the mechs.

Another thing that could be mentioned is that the designer quote was that the mechs were designed to be for kid collectors, not necessarily the minifigs :wink: A mech can still be collectable even if the minifig that pilots it isn’t exclusive :laugh: Exclusivity is something adult collectors care about, not kids

11 hours ago, Ghostcat said:

I feel He forgets that new collectors age into existence every wave and thats likely who Lego were referencing.

Like sure theres been like seven uses of that Ironman but to five year olds it will be collectable to them. its why we have yearly police. It sells a ton. Yearly Spidey and Ironman makes sense now and will help fund the budget for other sets.

Heck atleast the newer mechs were from that new Marvel Mech Strike.It would be great to get more based on that!

im a teen fan of Lego and ive been collecting since ive been around 7, Lego is 100% correct, i was a kid collector, i wanted to get all of the ninja suits (im also a ninjago fan) and the original 6 avengers when those sets came out, and i still do this, subconsciously though, when the horrible spider man monster truck came out i immediately wanted to get it, why? because it had figures that i wanted, when i eventually got it, i realized that i was only missing miles from the big 3 (per say) so i went out and bought his mech, just so i could complete the set, yes i may have spent $50 in sets just for the mini-figs, but the collector in me was extremely satisfied with what i had bought, Lego has been in this business for a while, they know their market, but what they dont know is how smart kids are, im going to use ashtons example, if i already have 2 iron mans, and i see a set that i want, that has an iron man, it might deter me from buying it, because its a wasted mini-fig spot, do i want to buy another set that has more of something i already have? or do i want to buy a different set or product that has newer and different things, Lego needs to find a balance, in marvel,

the over saturation of mechs and iron mans is annoying as hell, yes iron man is extremely popular, but you dont need to include him in sets that he has no part in, and mechs, MECHS, all of the 10 dollar mechs look the same, its just a pallet swap and boom, 3 more, i think that Lego needs to slow down the amount of mechs they're putting out , as fast as they are last year ALONE we got 8, mechs its absurd how many we got, and more than half, are the smaller ones, Lego please find a nice balance, it could make or break marvel. 

also some statistics for mechs:

Spoiler

2012:0

2013:0

2014:0

2015:2

2016:1

2017:1

2018:2

2019:4

2020:4

2021:8

2022:5

(in order for something to be counted as a mech it must be able to fit at least one mini-figure inside, so no constraction or build-able figures)

At least Mechs are cheap!

Three $200+ marvel sets, is really causing me issues! Budgeting is going to be really interesting this year, I mean the last few years multiple themes keep dropping multiple large UCS/D2C sets, what is a fan to do!?

I think most small kids don't care to collect all versions of a character, while adult fans know how to buy them loose. I don't think they need to put exclusive figures in each set. And actually, we got a crazy amount of new Marvel minifigs last year!

17 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I think most small kids don't care to collect all versions of a character, while adult fans know how to buy them loose. I don't think they need to put exclusive figures in each set. And actually, we got a crazy amount of new Marvel minifigs last year!

from what ive seen most "collector" kids are around the age of 9-11.

My take on it is that the designer wasn't necessarily even talking about minifigs, which AshnFlash (and most of us) are focused on anyway. Mechs are a great larger toy/collectible, there's no disputing that.

12 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

At least Mechs are cheap!

Three $200+ marvel sets, is really causing me issues! Budgeting is going to be really interesting this year, I mean the last few years multiple themes keep dropping multiple large UCS/D2C sets, what is a fan to do!?

I Think the marvel theme is doing better with this with three big sets but they are varied. For me im keen on the sets with locations and minifigs, for others they might be keen on a huge hulk buster for their shelves or a Mjolnir for display or to swing around.

30 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

I Think the marvel theme is doing better with this with three big sets but they are varied. For me im keen on the sets with locations and minifigs, for others they might be keen on a huge hulk buster for their shelves or a Mjolnir for display or to swing around.

That is a good point! I guess its my fault I got the Bugle last year, so it's going to tempting to add the Sanctum, or possible another building if the unknown D2C is one. Iv'e skipped past hulkbusters but if this one is awesome it may be tempting! Then I already have to deal with my own Star wars UCS and MOC issues, plus a possible Potter or Disney D2C for the family. LOL! :distressed:  I guess I can only blame myself... or can I blame Lego?

16 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

That is a good point! I guess its my fault I got the Bugle last year, so it's going to tempting to add the Sanctum, or possible another building if the unknown D2C is one. Iv'e skipped past hulkbusters but if this one is awesome it may be tempting! Then I already have to deal with my own Star wars UCS and MOC issues, plus a possible Potter or Disney D2C for the family. LOL! :distressed:  I guess I can only blame myself... or can I blame Lego?

I feel you. Years ago I had to make a choice between Star Wars and marvel because it was too expensive and I had no more space to display it all. Then Harry Potter came along and I started collecting that because I missed out previously! these new Star Wars and JP dioramas are right up my alley of display and play features. I hope we get marvel ones too. I would love that! I would have to make black bases for all my other marvel sets too!

Lmao, I love how this set hasn't been revealed, nor has it leaked. It just randomly popped up in stores, and people got to review it :jollyroger:

Hopefully this will be the last quiet week for a while.

• Promobricks mentioned potential for an update at the start of April.
  • We'll hopefully get an official reveal of 76207, I know we are all desperate to see that :tongue:
  • Sanctum Sanctorum should get a reveal if it's releasing online in May
  • Hopefully we'll get confirmation on the Hulkbuster MKII release date, which I'd lean towards June/July

In general at least we get a lot of new sets and hopefully a bit more to discuss, then things will go quicker in May with Doctor Strange 2 and the Sanctum set to modify. June/July should give us Summer set news and hopefully clarification on the $500 D2C. Just a little longer to wait.

On 3/27/2022 at 2:17 AM, Scarilian said:

Hopefully this will be the last quiet week for a while.

•  Promobricks mentioned potential for an update at the start of April.
  •  We'll hopefully get an official reveal of 76207, I know we are all desperate to see that :tongue:
  • Sanctum Sanctorum should get a reveal if it's releasing online in May
  • Hopefully we'll get confirmation on the Hulkbuster MKII release date, which I'd lean towards June/July

In general at least we get a lot of new sets and hopefully a bit more to discuss, then things will go quicker in May with Doctor Strange 2 and the Sanctum set to modify. June/July should give us Summer set news and hopefully clarification on the $500 D2C. Just a little longer to wait.

Thanks for the update, I keep checking this forum but not much happening as you say. Looking forward to next week! 

I mean the mechs are comic book accurate aren’t they? They’re not my cup of tea but I think everyone is bringing up good points. I’m a young adult who started collecting at age 11 and I agree kid collectors can be strategic, i certainly was. I was more the type to save for big sets that had multiple desirable figures and good builds rather than splurge on cheap sets that have these figures, but as @living_off_lego mentions, based on whats available these mechs may be cheap ways to get desirable characters. So I don’t see the harm but I also do not see the appeal cause I’d rather buy the expensive sets that have all of them such as the Bugle, but these mechs are practical  because not everyone can afford that.

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, I have soooo much dark age content to catch up on I would not mind at all for Lego to create undesirable mechs. Matter of fact, hold off on all comic sets for a few years. Give the MCU fans their bread and butter, gives me some time to catch up lol. I say they make more undesirable mechs!! 

I can't wait to discuss for the next six weeks how disappointed we are that Moon Knight didn't get any sets, or even a minifigure :tongue:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I can't wait to discuss for the next six weeks how disappointed we are that Moon Knight didn't get any sets, or even a minifigure :tongue:

I'd like to start this conversation off by saying: Man, it's a bummer!

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think that as a general rule we should not expect any Disney+ show sets, with the exception of What If... I think that the best option is to wait for an opening in the CMF schedule. As the first one was such a success I'm sure we will get a series 2 at some point.

Well, I watched the episode today, and I already like it more than 90% of MCU's content.

Please LEGO, give us Moon Knight and Mr. Knight.

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'd still hope Lego will do something with a Moon Knight figure for Halloween, as he's rumored to appear in the Halloween special (Seeming 'Werewolf By Night'). If not we'll probably have to wait till a potential Marvel CMF Season 2 in 2023 (IF we are lucky)\

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seen a few people posting fake information about sets on Instagram, just to remind everyone, here is a list of all the sets we know of at the moment.

Promobricks list of Marvel 2022 sets can be found here, it may update quicker than I do :tongue:

Updated List:

Spoiler

APRIL:

• 76202: Wolverine Mech Armor
  • 76203: Iron Man Mech Armor
  • 76204: Black Panther Mech Armor
  • 76207 Attack On New Asgard (20€, 159 pcs) Monster build with 3 figures: Gorr, Thor, Mighty Thor
  • 76208 The Goat Boat (Love and Thunder)
  • 76219 Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle
  • 40525: Endgame Battle (Accessory Pack)
  • 40535: Iron Man
  • 40536: Miles Morales

MAY:

• 76218: Sanctum Sanctorum ($210/220€, 2708 pcs) - 9 figures including Doctor Strange, Defender Strange, Supreme Strange, Wanda, Mordo, Wong, Spider-man, Iron Man and an unknown 9th figure

JUNE:

• 76216: Iron Man 2 Workshop ($90/90€, 496 pcs) - 7 Figures including Whiplash Mk1, War Machine Mk1, Pepper Potts, Nick Fury, Iron Man Mk IV, Iron Man MK XXV and potentially Iron Man MK85
  • 76217: Baby Groot ($55/50€, 476 pcs)

AUGUST:

• 76220 4+ ($10, 43 pcs)
  • 76221 ($45, 456 pcs)

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 4+ (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213 (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214 (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community
  • Originally reported as 76219, which has now been revealed as 'Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle', we have rumors of an Ant-Man set priced at $19.99 / 20€ with 298 pieces releasing April 1st.

Notes:

• Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded.