Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

6 more hours til we see the new info. It’s confirmed to be Marvel. 

Talked to guys over at Promobricks, they said this isn’t Sanctum Sanctorum. The info is for a set only because they don’t have alot of info for Marvel, and this could be the first time we are hearing this. 

53 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Talked to guys over at Promobricks, they said this isn’t Sanctum Sanctorum. The info is for a set only because they don’t have alot of info for Marvel, and this could be the first time we are hearing this. 

So info about just one Marvel set, huh? 

44 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Talked to guys over at Promobricks, they said this isn’t Sanctum Sanctorum. The info is for a set only because they don’t have alot of info for Marvel, and this could be the first time we are hearing this

Interesting... the wording seems to imply it is unlikely to be the IW Hulkbuster or the $500 set as those are things we've known about for a while. I'm intrigued but not going to get too overly optimistic.

The remark on the lack of information regarding Marvel could hint to higher levels of secrecy regarding the summer wave which could imply another Legacy set scenario where we did not even get set numbers for the Summer sets until a lot closer to release.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Introducing... THE GOAT BOAT :tongue:

23 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, just for one. This is what I got:

“Just one”

“We don’t have much details for marvel yet“

“But it’s a new one. Not the sanctum“
“I think there are no other sets know yet? Besides the sanctum”

19 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The remark on the lack of information regarding Marvel could hint to higher levels of secrecy regarding the summer wave which could imply another Legacy set scenario where we did not even get set numbers for the Summer sets until a lot closer to release.

This is what I’m leaning towards to. Man imagine it’s like last year, we got the Infinity Saga treat. No one knows it’s coming until it came. 

21 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

“I think there are no other sets know yet? Besides the sanctum”

Is this the first time promobricks have confirmed the existence of the sanctum?

Info on just one set is better than nothing :laugh: And having the Sanctum indirectly confirmed is nice too (even though they could be merely acknowledging the rumour itself without adding to its credibility)

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Thanks @SpiderJazz for getting this info for us! Manages our expectations. Im excited to see what it is.

4 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Thanks @SpiderJazz for getting this info for us! Manages our expectations. Im excited to see what it is.

No biggie, yeah it’s a good thing that we know what to expect. If this is going to be a legacy/infinity saga set it would be crazy. 

This day is probably one of the worst in history right now, I hope those reveals are Marvel just to cope with what's happening right now. I have friends in Ukraine...they are safe but it's still awful. My condolences for everyone else. Probably won't post more because of this stuff going on. 

8 minutes ago, TurinTheGreat said:

This day is probably one of the worst in history right now, I hope those reveals are Marvel just to cope with what's happening right now. I have friends in Ukraine...they are safe but it's still awful. My condolences for everyone else. Probably won't post more because of this stuff going on. 

Seriously grim. Hope your friends are okay x

Final hour or so before the potential reveal.

In the meantime, Promobricks has updated the Marvel list with 76218 Sanctum Sanctorum 2708 pieces, $209,99 with a retail release of 01.08.2022 - generally just confirmation of the Sanctum Sanctorum for those still on the fence.

They still list 76215 which is probably the IW Hulkbuster, but I'm still curious when that will release as we had more info on that than the Sanctum :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

-snip-

Seems like it'd be worth modifying the handle so the tile pieces don't end up getting misaligned, should be able to be accomplished fairly easily. Looks like a bit of a bend when its picked up or pressure is put on the handle, so if you intend to use it a lot chances are it'll need re-enforcing a little more.

19 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

In the meantime, Promobricks has updated the Marvel list with 76218 Sanctum Sanctorum 2708 pieces, $209,99 with a retail release of 01.08.2022 - generally just confirmation of the Sanctum Sanctorum for those still on the fence.

January? But that was last month!

You know, maybe jokes about cultural differences are the true lowest forms of humor.

Joking aside, wasn’t that around when we were expecting the 500$ set to release? I thought that Sanctum was originally coming in May or June, and the 500$ set was probably in September or October.

Edited by Brickroll

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

January? But that was last month!

It's actually August, not January

2 minutes ago, Flixter said:

Yeah no, I acknowledged that in my comment already, it was a joke about how we Americans write the date differently. May not have quite come through, sorry about that.

Edited by Brickroll

1 minute ago, Flixter said:

Hahaha he joking. Hahaha. Damn the wait kills me. Should be 10 mins ago.

Just now, Brickroll said:

Yeah no, I acknowledged that in my comment already, it was a joke about how we Americans write the date differently. May not have quite come through, sorry about that.

Ah okay, sorry. Failed to relate the second line to the first one

6 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Joking aside, wasn’t that around when we were expecting the 500$ set to release? I thought that Sanctum was originally coming in May or June, and the 500$ set was probably in September or October.

August was the date rumoured for retailers. D2C usually appear on Lego 3 months prior so hence May/June date so the rumours said. :shrug_oh_well:

22 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Wasn’t that around when we were expecting the 500$ set to release? I thought that Sanctum was originally coming in May or June, and the 500$ set was probably in September or October.

:tongue:

August is the retail release date, Falcon and a few others remarked we could see it release online only in May/June.

Most likely our three D2C's will be spaced out by around 2 months each to avoid overwhelming people with big sets all at once.

A hypothetical scenario could see online release with:

• End of March/April for IW Hulkbuster (Released alongside the Infinity War/Saga Accessory pack?)
  • End of May/June for Sanctum (Doctor Strange 2 releasing May 6th)
  • End of July/August for $500 set (If Spider-man themed, like the Daily Bugle, could fit with August 60th anniversary)

The only release date we know of currently is the Sanctum's Sanctorum's, but we had information on the IW Hulkbuster first so I'm still a little surprised that we are now getting a lot more info on the Sanctum while the IW Hulkbuster remains undated and with no recent updates.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why make a countdown if you're half an hour late? :jollyroger:

Anticipation builds hype :tongue:

Honestly if they have details or potentially images it'll be a website post and they'll take a while formatting that with links and things. They probably also want to give time for recent reveals such as the camera and vespa sit for a while to allow them to get seen by people before posting the next thing :shrug_oh_well:

Or they troll'd us again...

Edited by Scarilian